If you could move

Guest Guest

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACiD would be going to South Carolina or Florida. Love FL, but at times I feel like I'm in another country there. Also love the SC area near Myrtle and North Myrtle. Very scenic, and not too tourist trappy.

Guest country girl

Northeast Tennessee. It is beautiful. Low taxes. Housing prices are much lower than here, you get a lot more for your money. No state income tax. It is a "red state". Milder weather than what we have here yet dont have to worry about tornadoes or hurricaines.

Guest Sierra Vista
If you could move out of NY state, which state would you chose and why?

Sierra Vista in Arizona. Usually has readings of 90 degrees with no humidity in the summer and 60-65 in the winter. Sunshine 90% of the time (no joke either when I say 90% of the time). Pretty low crime and isn't developing the huge population differences like most of the southwest is experiencing!

@

I could live in Lower Alabama with no problem at all. The people are WAY more friendly down in the South as a whole. Everything & everyone is laid back not in a big rush all the time. They treat strangers as if they've been friends all their lives. Its a lot warmer there all year round. I got family threre as well, & they love the area. If not in Alabama, I'd take Tennessee in a hearbeat, maily Memphis & Nashville. The South as a whole is beautiful.

Guest Guest

Asheville NC, nice weather, low taxes, no natural disasters.. Still some snow but 10 inches a year is better than 85... Better job market...

I'd move back to Cape Cod in MA! I loved it there, beautiful in the summers. But only if money were not an issue: ;)

You got that money thing right! My son has worked at the Wellfleet drive in complex the last six summers. Good thing the owner likes him, she always finds him some reasonably priced accomodations, usually renting a room in somebody's house!

You got that money thing right! My son has worked at the Wellfleet drive in complex the last six summers. Good thing the owner likes him, she always finds him some reasonably priced accomodations, usually renting a room in somebody's house!

Many homeowners there move off cape for the summer, renting their houses out...they make enough in the summer to pay the mortage for the year!

I lived in Wellfleet! Beautiful area, sad when the dolphins beach themselves every year though.

Many homeowners there move off cape for the summer, renting their houses out...they make enough in the summer to pay the mortage for the year!

I lived in Wellfleet! Beautiful area, sad when the dolphins beach themselves every year though.

I can't blame them, Tazz...I love the Cape also, but have only vacationed there...doubt I could deal w/ the summertime traffic, though it'd be nice to give it a try! ;)

I can't blame them, Tazz...I love the Cape also, but have only vacationed there...doubt I could deal w/ the summertime traffic, though it'd be nice to give it a try! ;)

Nothing to it. Car you could care less about, insured to the hilt, make sure the horn works well and hit the gas! ;)

Guest Reddi Kilowatt

I actually did move down to a town in Tennessee, called Rutledge, and loved it down there, then moved to a town called Seymour. The whole area down there is nice, and it's cheap to live. But then I moved back to New York...But if I could do it, I would definatly go back there tomorrow.

Really?

I'd assume you'd slam directly into the long line of cars on Rt 28, piling up while one of them tries to turn into a plaza or miniature golf course!!!

LOL! That is why you have a car you don't care about and insurance up the yazoo! It isn't always at a standstill, many time it isn't much more than a creepycrawl though. And heaven help you if you need to go to Hyannis!

But all in all, beautiful place to live. fall, winter and spring is wonderful, very peaceful. Summers can get very hectic, but if you ask anybody who lives on Cape it is because of them dang NYers! ;)

And I gotta tell you, the NYC people were nasty to deal with. The NYers in general were not bad, but they got clumped into one big group.

LOL! That is why you have a car you don't care about and insurance up the yazoo! It isn't always at a standstill, many time it isn't much more than a creepycrawl though. And heaven help you if you need to go to Hyannis!

But all in all, beautiful place to live. fall, winter and spring is wonderful, very peaceful. Summers can get very hectic, but if you ask anybody who lives on Cape it is because of them dang NYers! ;)

And I gotta tell you, the NYC people were nasty to deal with. The NYers in general were not bad, but they got clumped into one big group.

Our annual summer vacay trip was there for years, but I did manage to get there once (as an adult) in the Fall...it was beautiful.

Always wanted to check out Winter, and can imagine Spring is also lovely.

Funny how us upstaters get lumped in w/ the NYC-ites by others, ain't it?

I don't particularly care to deal w/ them either! :P

Guest country girl
I actually did move down to a town in Tennessee, called Rutledge, and loved it down there, then moved to a town called Seymour. The whole area down there is nice, and it's cheap to live. But then I moved back to New York...But if I could do it, I would definatly go back there tomorrow.

I was considering the Kingsport / Johnson City area. Have you been to these areas by any chance? If so, what do you think about this area?

Funny how us upstaters get lumped in w/ the NYC-ites by others, ain't it?

I don't particularly care to deal w/ them either! :P

Snipped post as I wanted to say something about just this part.

When I first moved on Cape, I worked for Cumberland Farms in P-Town. I used to laugh my butt of at the people from the city who have the nerve to "love the Cape and come here all the time" and then complain about the amount of gays in P-Town! Good grief, stay away from lower cape then! It is not a secret they are there, lol. And it isn't like you MUST go to P-Town to go anywhere for crying out loud, it is the end of the freakin road!

My mother, rest her soul, was very sheltered. Her first visit to Cape she wanted to go watch whales as she had never seen them (she was 65 at the time), so we went to P-Town with all the warnings of what she might see. She was shocked, but handled it better than the younger folks from the city!

Archived