If you could move

Guest Guest

After I got over my intial culture shock of seeing my first cross dresser, I came to adore P-Town. The have some of the very best shops on Cape! Awesome deals, hard to find items...wonderful place.

My kids were young, grade school age when we moved there...so I agree. P-Town is quite the education for youngsters. It was a wonderful experience though, my kids just accept everybody with no questions asked.

We even knew Chris McCowen! But that is a whole other thread B)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, yeah...great shopping for handmade crafts, antiques, artwork, etc.

I still have a brown leather bag I got there in '79.

This is making me want to take a trip!!!

Perfect time next month! ;)

Brighteyes~ I went to Maine a few years ago and thought I had died and went to heaven....just beautiful!

Guest Reddi Kilowatt
I was considering the Kingsport / Johnson City area. Have you been to these areas by any chance? If so, what do you think about this area?

I have traveled thru Kingsport/Johnson City area, didn't really stop there, so I don't know much about those area's. But what I can tell you is that down there, once you've seen one part of Tennessee, the rest is the same. I would have to say that Kingsport/Johnson City area is probably just as nice as the rest of the state. It's gotta be a heck of a lot better than here! No matter where you go down there, everything is cheaper there than it is here.

@

ACiD would be going to South Carolina or Florida. Love FL, but at times I feel like I'm in another country there. Also love the SC area near Myrtle and North Myrtle. Very scenic, and not too tourist trappy.

We're closing on a home in the Charleston area the end of April! Love South Carolina. True Southern Hospitality!

Florida has lost it's old south charm.

@

Guest Guest

Hey! Where are all the Rah Rah Bingo supporters for this one? Usually they're out in full force telling you "good Riddance" and "glad you left or are leaving"

I guess its OK to talk about all the great places outside of BC. But they'll burn you at the stake if you actually moved there.

We don't want people to leave this area. This is the best area to live. It is just nice to go visit some of these other places. There are other reasons to stay here - family, grew up here, feel loyal to this area and community. Just plain like it.

Guest Guest

Apparently you are alone in that thinking, as so many other posters stated there wishes to go. And the places they would go to.

Please read the original post again.

@

Guest Guest

Hello............you CAN move, anyone can move. Dont talk about money- there is more money to be made in other parts of the country, especially at the places most people want to move to. A construction worker in Vegas makes as much as a lawyer in binghamton. Dont use family as an excuse, for a couple hundred bucks you can visit anywhere in the US. The only excuse you have is YOU DONT HAVE THE GUTS TO MOVE, you'd rather WHINE!!

@

Guest Guest
I have traveled thru Kingsport/Johnson City area, didn't really stop there, so I don't know much about those area's. But what I can tell you is that down there, once you've seen one part of Tennessee, the rest is the same. I would have to say that Kingsport/Johnson City area is probably just as nice as the rest of the state. It's gotta be a heck of a lot better than here! No matter where you go down there, everything is cheaper there than it is here.

@

so where do you live now?

Guest Guest
Hey! Where are all the Rah Rah Bingo supporters for this one? Usually they're out in full force telling you "good Riddance" and "glad you left or are leaving"

I guess its OK to talk about all the great places outside of BC. But they'll burn you at the stake if you actually moved there.

We only say "good riddance" to those liars who claim that they left town and are now posting from their new residence.....and only when all they can do is slam this area.....and when they spend an inordinate amount of time and posts doing so.

@

Guest Guest
Hello............you CAN move, anyone can move. Dont talk about money- there is more money to be made in other parts of the country, especially at the places most people want to move to. A construction worker in Vegas makes as much as a lawyer in binghamton. Dont use family as an excuse, for a couple hundred bucks you can visit anywhere in the US. The only excuse you have is YOU DONT HAVE THE GUTS TO MOVE, you'd rather WHINE!!

@

Yeah right, a construction worker in Vegas makes as much as a lawyer here, Yes I agree Binghamton and all of new york state sucks in general but let's be realistic. Secondly, houses cost about twice as much down south or out west, it's not like you can just pick up and leave. Family too.. It's not that easy, if it was, about 80% of the people that live here would leave after the constant bombardment of taxes every year and crappy local economy.

@

What a ridiculous post.

Guest expat

I have moved. Wherever you go, you take yourself with you. Certain places might make happiness easier to find, but if you're a miserable person to begin with, you'll be miserable anywhere. We see a mess of them here in Florida. BTW, Florida is somewhat like NYS. There is the 'peninsula' and the 'panhandle'. One section is northern Central America. The other is South Alabama. I'm happy where it's still American Florida.

Have relatives in Broome County who steered me to this web site. Lotsa interesting observations. Seems like y'all still have some real wing-ding politicians mismanaging the place. I can understand why so many might want to escape to another region. There are idiots in office everywhere, but WOW.

@

Guest guest
I was considering the Kingsport / Johnson City area. Have you been to these areas by any chance? If so, what do you think about this area?

Knoxville, Tn. area is really nice. Not far from Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mts. Love there!

Guest country girl
Knoxville, Tn. area is really nice. Not far from Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mts. Love there!

Are the people much nicer there than they are here? I am tired of being around so many miserable / negative people. :(

Guest Reddi Kilowatt
so where do you live now?

I now live in Conklin, NY. I grew up in Johnson City, NY, and I decided to move back here because I met someone special to me, and at the time, I wasn't really taking good care of myself down there, so I moved back here. All my family is here, so I figured I'd move back and be closer to them also.

Guest Reddi Kilowatt
Are the people much nicer there than they are here? I am tired of being around so many miserable / negative people. :(

You will run into rude people down there sometimes, but for the most part, everybody down there is friendly, and most of them will talk to you like they've known you for 20 years.

Guest Guest
FL i's beautiful

Have you spent much time there? A week or two vacation is one thing, living there 365 is another. Humidity doesn't bother you? Gigantic roaches - they call them palmetto bugs - don't bother you? All the gray hairs don't bother you? Gators? Hurricanes? Snakes? I am not fond of those things and my Fla friends put up with all of them quite often.

Guest Guest

Lynchburg, VA-same size as this area, longer spring/summer instead of fall/winter-lower taxes(obviously), 3 hours to the ocean, close to Charlottesville and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Paradise.

Archived