How much money do you make?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Recently on BC Voice, someone was posting that he makes a "6 figure" salary, and that "lots" of people in the Binghamton area make 6 figure salaries. That would be at least $100,000 a year, not counting benefits.

Is it really true that "lots" of people in the Binghamton area make 6 figure salaries? I certainly don't make that much, and I know very few people who do.

What do you all think? How much do you make?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Recently on BC Voice, someone was posting that he makes a "6 figure" salary, and that "lots" of people in the Binghamton area make 6 figure salaries. That would be at least $100,000 a year, not counting benefits.

Is it really true that "lots" of people in the Binghamton area make 6 figure salaries? I certainly don't make that much, and I know very few people who do.

Depends where you put the decimal point !! $00,000.00 (or in my case $0,000.00)

But it's never enough to make ends meet!!

Guest Guest

i think lots of people do. i know i do and so do most of my friends

Guest Retired and loving it.

I doubt that there are many jobs left in this area that pay $100,000 a year. People who say they make that much on this board are wanna be big shots and have low self esteem. Maybe when your honey Hillery gets elected Lord and Saviour(which I doubt) she will bring in all those jobs she promised and life will be wonderful again.

Guest i-do-okay

I make around $50,000 and my hubby makes about $120,000. We work our butts off, and it's finally paid off. I like my job as does he, and we travel a lot for work, because the demand isn't here. I think its sad that the area here suffers so much, and doesn't offer the opportunities for employment like some other cities. The ability is out there, but you have to be able to move. Thats the sad truth.

@

Guest Guest

What kind of job pays $120,000 in the Binghamton area? Just curious. I'm surprised to hear that there are any jobs in our area that pay that much. Is it in banking, or private industry?

Guest Guest
What kind of job pays $120,000 in the Binghamton area? Just curious. I'm surprised to hear that there are any jobs in our area that pay that much. Is it in banking, or private industry?

Not much in Binghamton. $123,000 elsewhere....housing costa are high, but a great investment. Run away!!

Guest Guest

Last year between the wife and I we grossed $232,000.00. Which sounds like a lot until you see how much we paid in taxes. So, all the folks on that visit the DSS that have no ambition to get a job, should thank us and ALL of the other people that do have jobs and pay their taxes, no matter how much they make.

Guest Guest

WE grossed about 190K last year, 140 me and 50 my wife. Private sector: sales, and an RN. Can't think of too many jobs around here which pay 140+. Doctor, lawyer (some), professor, college pres, school Sup't, etc.

Guest Guest

Most professors at BU make a lot less than $100,000. Average is in the $70,000 range.

I'm absolutely stunned to hear that someone who lives in our area makes $140,000 a year in a "sales" job. I'm equally stunned that he is spending time reading and posting on BC Voice.

Guest Guest
Most professors at BU make a lot less than $100,000. Average is in the $70,000 range.

I'm absolutely stunned to hear that someone who lives in our area makes $140,000 a year in a "sales" job. I'm equally stunned that he is spending time reading and posting on BC Voice.

well, just to stun you some more, i make well over 140,000 and am in sales. love your job, do it well and you can make tons of money. i read BCVOICE almost every day, so i can see schmucks like you that are jealous and i can get my laugh for the day

Guest Guest

by the way, you are wrong. full professors make way more than 100,000. even ass't profs make more than that. maybe a lecturer makes 70,000. apparently you never went to college and would have no idea what anyone makes other than the other refuse collectors that you work with.

well, just to stun you some more, i make well over 140,000 and am in sales. love your job, do it well and you can make tons of money. i read BCVOICE almost every day, so i can see schmucks like you that are jealous and i can get my laugh for the day

Well, I make a fraction of what you make, but I still live very comfortably in this area. If you're so proud of yourself, register, so we can follow your posts. I think not, troll!!!

Guest there is money to be made

I agree with above poster. It's easy for lowlifes to ridicule working professionals because that is their mentality. Those same people probably believe the political hogwash and business bashing that occurs on this site every day. They just don't want to believe that engineers, sales professionals, and other creative, motivated entrepreneurs really do knock down some bucks. Ask a pharmaceutical sales rep how much they make - it ain't peanuts. When I get to know people at my workplace who have lower salaries it is usually quite obvious why they make what they make. They do the tiniest thing extra thing and immediately ask 'how much do I get paid for that?'. Most are not willing to prove themselves first, and receive the benefits later. They don't understand the comcept of 'thinking outside the box'. It's obvious professional dedication isn't everybody's bag - and those who grab the gold ring are scorned by those who can't figure out how to do it.

Guest Guest

HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE LETS START THERE.

Guest Guest
I could tell yea, but not like the other "FOOLS" here, I don't think it's any of your bees-wax. So there, take that and smoke it in your pipe

Guest Guest
Well, I make a fraction of what you make, but I still live very comfortably in this area. If you're so proud of yourself, register, so we can follow your posts. I think not, troll!!!

Salary is a private issue, it's ludicrus you would ask them to reveal themselves. What purpose would it serve other than to open themselves up for more ridicule? I guess if I follow your thinking, anyone who makes a good salary is a troll? See? That's exactly why you have your job.

Guest Guest

Why if your successful you think you get no free time to relax and laugh a little?

I guess you think that trash like you have a corner on free time.

Guest Guest

I make around $10 trillion a day :huh: Kind of a personal question don't you think?

Archived