How much money do you make?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Who cares what someone makes. What is the big deal. What you make doesn't impress me. Don't care for people that just care about money or what kind of job someone does. Someone has to do all these different jobs and all of us are not lazy or stupid. Maybe you are because you do not realize this. Has long as there is food on the table, a place to live and being able to pay the bills, what more do you need. Maybe a little extra once in awhile. Someday you will find out money isn't everything only to material type people. The people in your life are much more important. Hope you realize this someday and stop trying to cut people down all the time. I make squat at my job but bet I am a much happier person than you are. Truth hurts doesn't it.

Brighteyes, the OP asked the question "how much do you make". It's pretty rude to belittle those who respond. You have no idea if these wage earners are happy or not, why do assume you do? My family and friends are the most precious things in my life, and that is not diminished by my success.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moneymakin'

I have worked my butt off to make the money I do. Between school and starting at entry level and working my way up, I think I have rights to brag if I make good money, which I do. I do not diminish people for what they make, if you are happy at what you do, thats better than making six figures. I just happen to love what I do and make around 70k. It wasn't easy and I have eaten a lot of Pb sandwiches and Ramen noodles to get where I am. I don't drive an extravagent car, don't need too. I don't need a big house, I enjoy just being comfortable, which I am. I don't think my salary is huge, but for this area, that's pretty good money. I have the ability to keep on moving up too. I see where the in fighting here is coming from on both sides. On one side people are asuming that the higth salary grossers are bragging and being condescending, which some are. The other side is fighting for the happy life, without all the perks. I think it's just the love of what you do. If going to work each day, doesn't seem like work, you've got it made, better than money. I think some are aggravated because some people do little to help themselves into a position to make money and then complain that they don't get what they deserve. They want a free ride to money street, and that doesn't happen. Happiness in your self and pride in what you do is the real riches.

Guest Guest

The majority of people who love to talk about money and how much they make are more often than not full of bs............very similar to the fact that the majority of people who talk endlessly about sex are usually the ones who aren't getting any.

@

Most professors at BU make a lot less than $100,000. Average is in the $70,000 range.

I'm absolutely stunned to hear that someone who lives in our area makes $140,000 a year in a "sales" job. I'm equally stunned that he is spending time reading and posting on BC Voice.

WHY BE STUNNED THAT THIS INCOME IS FOR SALES?? IT IS THE 2ND HIGHEST PAYING PROFESSION IF ONE IS GOOD AT IT. I HAVE BEEN IS SALES MY WHOLE LIFE, NO SALARY AT ALL AND I DO EARN WELL ABOVE 6 FIGURES. OF COURSE, MY JOB ISN'T IN BROOME COUNTY. I ALSO WANT TO ADD SALES HAS ITS DOWN SIDE. TRAVEL AFTER A WHILE IS A DRAG, NEVER HOME,

FIGHTING WITH AIRLINES, HOTELS, LOST RESERVATIONS, STRANDED AT AIRPORTS ETC. TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD. ALSO, TAXES IN THIS INCOME BRACKET ARE A KILLER IN NYS. ONE MORE THING. MONEY BY NO MEANSREPRESENTS HAPPINESS. WORK HARD AND ANYONE CAN EARN A GREAT INCOME BUT ALSO MAKE HOME , FAMILY AND FRIENDS A PRIORITY. JOB-LAST PRIORITY. WHAT GOOD IS A HIGH INCOME WHEN ONE HASN'T A LIFE?? I HAVE NEVER HEARD AT A FUNERAL SOME ONE SAY" WOW THEY HAD A GREAT INCOME".

I REMEMBER WHEN MY WIFE AND I STARTED OUT 34 YEARS AGO IN OUR 1ST APARTMENT. OUR FURNITURE WAS EARLY SALVATION ARMY, OUR FINE DINING WAS A NITE OUT FOR PIZZA AND LONG WALKS. I DO MISS THE SIMPLICITY OF IT ALL. HERE WE ARE NOW AND WE STILL GO FOR LONG WALKS AND STILL LOVE PIZZA BUT OUR CONVERSATION GOES BACK TO"BACK IN THE DAY".

WE HAVE AQUIRED MORE IN LIFE AND I LOOK BACK NOW AND SAY" SO WHAT". IT'S JUST STUFF.

THE CORE OF A PERSON IS NOT WHAT ONE EARNS BUT WHO IS THE PERSON, A TRUE FRIEND, TRUSTED AND VALUED, SEEMS TO ME TO BE MORE THE CASE OF STRIVING IN LIFE. SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSE.

Here are the numbers for Binghamton, taken from census data. Look it up on www.zipskinny.com

Household Income:

<$10,000 8.3%

$10,000-$14,999 8.1%

$15,000-$24,999 18%

$25,000-$34,999 16.8%

$35,000-$49,999 17.9%

$50,000-$74,999 18.8%

$75,000-$99,999 7.1%

$100,000-$149,999 3.4%

$150,000-$199,999 0.8%

$200,000+ 0.6%

Median Household Income: $33,904

Unemployment/Poverty:

Unemployed 3.3%

Below Poverty Line 13.4%

FINALLY A TRUE POST OF REALITY!!! GREAT POST!

Guest Guest
Brighteyes, the OP asked the question "how much do you make". It's pretty rude to belittle those who respond. You have no idea if these wage earners are happy or not, why do assume you do? My family and friends are the most precious things in my life, and that is not diminished by my success.

Because she, like so many others lately, think they are above all. And yet, they can not seem to understand why they have no life and are alone, or have to gether with others that are the same as they for bolwing or pool playing. It's their nature because they know no better.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude. I've just seen too many people over the years in the different jobs I have that sacrifice and ignore there families and just put the all mighty dollar first, before people. I guess some people are just greedy. Some people make 6 figures or more a year and just want more and more. It is hard to comprehend. How much money do you need? Where does it stop? The people that do earn a lot should be helping so no one starves, goes with out a home or medical care. I'm not perfect, sorry to sound judgemental. Was in a very stressed out mood yesterday from work. Guess I just wanted to vent.

Guest mulligan
Most professors at BU make a lot less than $100,000. Average is in the $70,000 range.

I'm absolutely stunned to hear that someone who lives in our area makes $140,000 a year in a "sales" job. I'm equally stunned that he is spending time reading and posting on BC Voice.

Why are you so "stunned" as you put it? your spending time reading and posting on BC Voice. Comments, questions? I think not. Carry on with your day.

Guest Guest

Sales, as a career, has made more people millionaires than any other single career.

3 out of 4 people at your job will lie, to your face, about how much they make. Most of them will overinflate their wages.

How do those numbers change when people are claiming income on an anonymous message board? 3.99999 out of 4?

Sales, as a career, has made more people millionaires than any other single career.

3 out of 4 people at your job will lie, to your face, about how much they make. Most of them will overinflate their wages.

How do those numbers change when people are claiming income on an anonymous message board? 3.99999 out of 4?

Hard work has made more people millionaires!

Guest Guest

I feel like the flux between wages between jobs in crazy. I know that some folks work harder than others and I know that some jobs require more skill than others but why should for example a nurses aide make more money than a schoolbus driver? Both are involved with the safety of people. Neither require much skill. Yet the nurses aide job is higher paying. Why?

I feel like the flux between wages between jobs in crazy. I know that some folks work harder than others and I know that some jobs require more skill than others but why should for example a nurses aide make more money than a schoolbus driver? Both are involved with the safety of people. Neither require much skill. Yet the nurses aide job is higher paying. Why?

Both of these jobs require quite a bit of skills. Both of these jobs have people's lives in their hands. I think both of these jobs should pay more. They are not glory jobs and I thank people for the care and for doing these jobs. Personally, I wouldn't want to do either one of these jobs.

Guest 3.3% Unemployed?
Here are the numbers for Binghamton, taken from census data. Look it up on www.zipskinny.com

Household Income:

<$10,000 8.3%

$10,000-$14,999 8.1%

$15,000-$24,999 18%

$25,000-$34,999 16.8%

$35,000-$49,999 17.9%

$50,000-$74,999 18.8%

$75,000-$99,999 7.1%

$100,000-$149,999 3.4%

$150,000-$199,999 0.8%

$200,000+ 0.6%

Median Household Income: $33,904

Unemployment/Poverty:

Unemployed 3.3%

Below Poverty Line 13.4%

3.3% unemployment rate? That can't be right, that seems way too low! I thought there were no jobs in this area.

Guest Guest
The numbers posted above are based on the 2000 census. Look it up at www.zipskinny.com

To the person who just claimed that they earn a combined income of 175K that is "easy", what on earth are you doing that is so "easy" to make that kind of money???????????

It really isn't hard at all to make a combined income of over a hundred thousand. A household with 2 teachers makes over that easily. I know of a household having 2 state workers that earns over 300 thousand and with their perks they get to keep most all of it.

Guest Guest
Both of these jobs require quite a bit of skills. Both of these jobs have people's lives in their hands. I think both of these jobs should pay more. They are not glory jobs and I thank people for the care and for doing these jobs. Personally, I wouldn't want to do either one of these jobs.

I agree but the same can almost be said for a janitor. I wouldn't want to have to clean toilets and clean puke.

Guest guest
I agree but the same can almost be said for a janitor. I wouldn't want to have to clean toilets and clean puke.
I think the pay for these two jobs comes with the need for them. They need far many more Nurses aids than school buss drivers and the school bus driver is basically a part time job. The one I've never understood was the pay for policemen and firemen. I know that cops have a very hard job and because of the people they deal with their life can be at risk daily. The same can be said for firemen when they work but they only actually do their jobs a few times a year. Yet they receive the same pay range. It's really the same thing between teachers and teachers aids.

Guest guest

Our Household Income this year will be around 88K and both of us are under 30. I never knew how much the education meant until now.

Guest Guest
You really need to get out more. Deny all you want, people do make money. Everyone? Of course not. Just a handful? Not a chance. Who do you think pays for those $250,000- 400,000 homes in the hills of Vestal, Endicott, Endwell, etc? There are plenty of them. How do you think people afford those Lexus, Mercedes & BMW's? Clearly there are more than "just a handful" in this town. There are more than a couple national and global companies with branches in this town, maybe you should check them out. I don't have to make anything up, I know what is real. Why so vicious? Are you trying to pretend "Restless in Hillcrest" is your real name? come on. Just for you, I posted my name this time. Touche.

And they eat peanut butter sandwiches for dinner --

Guest Guest

I'm in awe of how many people make over 100,000... or is it just that those people have the time to sit at thier office on BCVoice?

No one works harder than some of those who get paid the least.. where I work I literally sweat from the time I clock in to the time I clock out and I make just over 30,000.. I'm in school now since I know I won't be able to work like i do when I'm 50, but I would never forget or put someone down for not making 100,000+...

The only thing I have learned from this great state of NY is just how "seperate" the lower, middle, and upper classes are... it's disgusting!

Guest Guest

"Your Senator" and I are pulling in at least a quater of a million off you suckers ... uh make that constituants each year.

Ms. Tommy

Guest Guest
And they eat peanut butter sandwiches for dinner --

They don't serve PB&J at the restuarants where I see these folks. You comment is a nice defense, and it likely abates your jealously, but it doesn't float.

Guest Guest
"Your Senator" and I are pulling in at least a quater of a million off you suckers ... uh make that constituants each year.

Ms. Tommy

You and Tommy deserve it for all you've done for this area. You also deserve all the perks you get like using Toms fund that was donated to pay for your living expenses and the great deals you've received on housing.

Archived