How much money do you make?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm sure the ratio of people who claim to make in excess of $100,00 and those who really do is quite disparate.

There are damn few jobs in this area anymore that pay $100K per year.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Salary is a private issue, it's ludicrus you would ask them to reveal themselves. What purpose would it serve other than to open themselves up for more ridicule? I guess if I follow your thinking, anyone who makes a good salary is a troll? See? That's exactly why you have your job.

As usual, thank you "guest"...your posts can't follow you, as always, and you're free to make crap up. You are trolling, and very few jobs like that exist around here!!! So STFU. Nobody's biting on your BS. Most of us work our butts off to make ends meet! You're a troll, and you bore me.

Guest not sleepless in Vestal
As usual, thank you "guest"...your posts can't follow you, as always, and you're free to make crap up. You are trolling, and very few jobs like that exist around here!!! So STFU. Nobody's biting on your BS. Most of us work our butts off to make ends meet! You're a troll, and you bore me.

You really need to get out more. Deny all you want, people do make money. Everyone? Of course not. Just a handful? Not a chance. Who do you think pays for those $250,000- 400,000 homes in the hills of Vestal, Endicott, Endwell, etc? There are plenty of them. How do you think people afford those Lexus, Mercedes & BMW's? Clearly there are more than "just a handful" in this town. There are more than a couple national and global companies with branches in this town, maybe you should check them out. I don't have to make anything up, I know what is real. Why so vicious? Are you trying to pretend "Restless in Hillcrest" is your real name? come on. Just for you, I posted my name this time. Touche.

Lots and lots of people make over $100,000. If you don't, you're either lazy, stupid, or both.

Please!!!!! I have worked in the medical field for years and spend much of my time practically running around my work areas to get everything done. Lazy? I think not. Stupid? Nurses go to school for 2-6 yrs., and have waited years to get to the 40- 50 K level and are still waiting for the respect to go along with the salary. Maybe we are stupid to do this for the likes of you!!!

You really need to get out more. Deny all you want, people do make money. Everyone? Of course not. Just a handful? Not a chance. Who do you think pays for those $250,000- 400,000 homes in the hills of Vestal, Endicott, Endwell, etc? There are plenty of them. How do you think people afford those Lexus, Mercedes & BMW's? Clearly there are more than "just a handful" in this town. There are more than a couple national and global companies with branches in this town, maybe you should check them out. I don't have to make anything up, I know what is real. Why so vicious? Are you trying to pretend "Restless in Hillcrest" is your real name? come on. Just for you, I posted my name this time. Touche.

Nope, not "restless" Touche. Just speaking for the real people in this area. I've got it pretty good... I make ends meet, and always have food on the table. I'm content! BTW, not it my immediate lifetime for a BMW, I'm satisfied with my"97 van... she runs good. I'm speaking for the general populous of the area. I think your full of BS! We "under achievers", work our tails off! And you didn't identify yourself at all...loser!

Guest Guest

The reality is that there are several very wealthy people in this area. I am not talking incomes of 100,000 or 200,000. I am talking people who have savings/investments in the millions. I'm certain that many folks on this board will deride me on this, but I've seen the demographics. Frankly, these days, having 100,000 is just not that much. Kids just coming out of college are starting at 50,000 - 60,000+++ (unless they're teachers or in public service, of course). Bankers, lawyers, computer wizards, accountants, professors, doctors, builders, stock brokers, business owners etc...Not only do these folks make a lot of money, they also know how to invest it. The earlier poster was absolutely right, take a look at the huge new houses all around here, not just in Vestal. There are many prosperous folks here in our community.

Guest realitycheck

Folks, my guess, 6-8% of people in this area make six figure salaries themselves, with spouse included 18-25% of people make over 100k and many people in this area have net worths with rental properties, etc...many people here are quite clueless to be honest...my wife and I make 165K per year, my sister and husband, $350k, not joking. Rich people use the poor people on this site to get richer, hello!!!! My guess, 80% of the posters here don't make combined 50K, time is money, and posting here ain't bringing home the bacon!

Guest Guest

The fact of the matter is, if you're not making more than $100,00 per year in salary alone (not including benefits), you are poor. Sorry to break the news, but it's true.

Who cares what someone makes. What is the big deal. What you make doesn't impress me. Don't care for people that just care about money or what kind of job someone does. Someone has to do all these different jobs and all of us are not lazy or stupid. Maybe you are because you do not realize this. Has long as there is food on the table, a place to live and being able to pay the bills, what more do you need. Maybe a little extra once in awhile. Someday you will find out money isn't everything only to material type people. The people in your life are much more important. Hope you realize this someday and stop trying to cut people down all the time. I make squat at my job but bet I am a much happier person than you are. Truth hurts doesn't it.

Guest Guest

What I find funny is 90% of the posters on here claim to be the .8 - 1.2% of the population.

My, My, My, what an exclusive website. Someone please pass the caviar.

People like to exagerrate their self importance. Probably they are really insecure inside but would not want to admit it.

Guest Guest

Here are the numbers for Binghamton, taken from census data. Look it up on www.zipskinny.com

Household Income:

<$10,000 8.3%

$10,000-$14,999 8.1%

$15,000-$24,999 18%

$25,000-$34,999 16.8%

$35,000-$49,999 17.9%

$50,000-$74,999 18.8%

$75,000-$99,999 7.1%

$100,000-$149,999 3.4%

$150,000-$199,999 0.8%

$200,000+ 0.6%

Median Household Income: $33,904

Unemployment/Poverty:

Unemployed 3.3%

Below Poverty Line 13.4%

Here are the numbers for Binghamton, taken from census data. Look it up on www.zipskinny.com

Household Income:

<$10,000 8.3%

$10,000-$14,999 8.1%

$15,000-$24,999 18%

$25,000-$34,999 16.8%

$35,000-$49,999 17.9%

$50,000-$74,999 18.8%

$75,000-$99,999 7.1%

$100,000-$149,999 3.4%

$150,000-$199,999 0.8%

$200,000+ 0.6%

Median Household Income: $33,904

Unemployment/Poverty:

Unemployed 3.3%

Below Poverty Line 13.4%

Good Post. Was this from the 2000 census?

175K combined income... It really is not hard. Educate yourself, do well at your job, and work hard. We have just built a 420K home. Not much, in comparison to some, but my family deserves to reap what we have sown. I made 13,501 at my first professional job in 1994. The funny thing is if you met me you would never know that We make what we do. I am just as down to earth as the guy earning 25K... or 500K for that matter. Once you realize that our poop all goes into the same sewage treatment plant then you realize that you can make money. Being successful in life is an entirely different matter. I wish all of you well, believe you can and you will believe you can't and some liberal will try to come to your rescue.

Guest Guest

The numbers posted above are based on the 2000 census. Look it up at www.zipskinny.com

To the person who just claimed that they earn a combined income of 175K that is "easy", what on earth are you doing that is so "easy" to make that kind of money???????????

Guest Guest
So according to the census data, only 4.8% of the households in Binghamton have incomes that are over $100,000 per year.

The 200 Broome County Census - Table DP-3 indicates 6,331 households earn more than $100K. If you want to include the $75,000- $99,999 bracket you can add another 6,515 households. Yes, it is a small percent of the county population, but not a small number of families..... more than 12,000 in all. These statistics are from 1999, clearly many of these salaries have increased over the past 9 years.

Interestingly there were only 2,887 families on public assistance.

check it out. www.health.state.ny.us/statistics - or - just google Broome County Census.

It's entirely probable the 8 or 10 posters who stated these salaries are telling the truth. It's just hard for others to swallow because they are not experiencing it, so of course they would make vile comments.

The numbers posted above are based on the 2000 census. Look it up at www.zipskinny.com

To the person who just claimed that they earn a combined income of 175K that is "easy", what on earth are you doing that is so "easy" to make that kind of money???????????

I didn't mean to say that what I do is easy I meant to say it was easy to put myself in a position to make that kind of money (which really in all honesty is not all that much). I simply did that which those before me did. I looked for my passion. Looked for where that passion could make me a good living, and then pursued it. I did not make excuses, although I was tempted to. I did not quit, although I was tempted to. I did not look for the government to rescue me, although, again, I was tempted to. I worked. I studied. I did things I did not like to do so that I could achieve mydreams for me and for my family. I did not, would not, nor will I ever settle for being less than I can be. In five years I expect that I will double that if all goes well. If not I will know that I have done my best to reach my goals. If others are happy with what they make then good for them. If not they should consider doing something about it. Others will sadly complain and try to take what I earned....

It truly is not that hard. When I was around 22 I once worked a factory job ... I saw a guy who was making "good money"..$13 an hr. But I could not see myself doing what he did for as long as he did. I am 38 now. A lot can change in 15+ years. It is simply a matter of making smart choices.

Archived