How much money do you make?

Guest Guest

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Let's clarify - are we talking purely salary? Or salary with bonus and stock option redemptions? Can I net out political contributions to my favorite politicians? How about travel expenses to and from the Caymen Islands? Cause let's face it, that will make a serious difference - from $220,000,000 to $189,000,000 give or take $10,000,000.

Recently on BC Voice, someone was posting that he makes a "6 figure" salary, and that "lots" of people in the Binghamton area make 6 figure salaries. That would be at least $100,000 a year, not counting benefits.

Is it really true that "lots" of people in the Binghamton area make 6 figure salaries? I certainly don't make that much, and I know very few people who do.

What do you all think? How much do you make?

I make: $999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

Guest Guest
I make: $999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

Does everyone pay you 9 cents a time? Your corner must be busy.

Guest whatever

My husband and I right now have a combined income of $45,000 - we are young - never made it to college - unfortunately. he works at EIT and i work for a private company. Its not much but it definately could be worse! :)

Guest Guest
Does everyone pay you 9 cents a time? Your corner must be busy.

Yeah it's a real PITA, but it's money. Plus the check from the state monthly helps me!

Guest reality check

Just a new motto to throw out here for all participants on the board, remember, "stupid people shouldn't breed!", of course, what would Billy the Kid do then, cuz noone would be on his site:)

@

Guest Guest

My wife is an accountant. I'm an engineer. We both have post-graduate degrees (1 in progress) Combined we make about $120k per year salary. Sometimes when I think of how much work we had to put into our education (and the student loans), $120k isn't all that much considering. We both came from poor, abusive families and had zero financial help getting to where we are today. So please don't assume everyone making over 6 figures combined income are whiney spoiled brats. I would not want to wish my life experiences on anyone.

Guest Guest
It really isn't hard at all to make a combined income of over a hundred thousand. A household with 2 teachers makes over that easily. I know of a household having 2 state workers that earns over 300 thousand and with their perks they get to keep most all of it.

you must be talking of the LIBOUS family

Guest Guest
And they eat peanut butter sandwiches for dinner --

my family doesn't. we have a freezer stocked with lobster tails and fillet mignon. always have, always will, knock on wood. but i have earned it all, none of it was given to me.

Guest Guest
My wife is an accountant. I'm an engineer. We both have post-graduate degrees (1 in progress) Combined we make about $120k per year salary. Sometimes when I think of how much work we had to put into our education (and the student loans), $120k isn't all that much considering. We both came from poor, abusive families and had zero financial help getting to where we are today. So please don't assume everyone making over 6 figures combined income are whiney spoiled brats. I would not want to wish my life experiences on anyone.
Unless you both pretty new to the workforce 120k really isn't that good considering both your job titles and the fact that you say you both have post grad degrees.It's still very good money but not as much as I would expect.

Guest Guest
Well, I make a fraction of what you make, but I still live very comfortably in this area. If you're so proud of yourself, register, so we can follow your posts. I think not, troll!!!

come on sleepless, get the chip off your shoulder. i do make money and i do have fun doing it. i didn't start this thread, i just posted. do you really think that everyone in this county is as much a loser as you are. i think not. now you started this with your negative post. don't be jealous, just accept that there are happier people in the positions that they are in than you. and by the way, "comfortably" is a very subjective term. if you are happy with limited income and assets, that's fine. i am happy with more. does it make me better than you? NO. just different. our standards are different. i need the new cadillac every two years. perahps you don't. that in and of itself does not make me better than you, but it certainly does not make me a TROLL.

come on sleepless, get the chip off your shoulder. i do make money and i do have fun doing it. i didn't start this thread, i just posted. do you really think that everyone in this county is as much a loser as you are. i think not. now you started this with your negative post. don't be jealous, just accept that there are happier people in the positions that they are in than you. and by the way, "comfortably" is a very subjective term. if you are happy with limited income and assets, that's fine. i am happy with more. does it make me better than you? NO. just different. our standards are different. i need the new cadillac every two years. perahps you don't. that in and of itself does not make me better than you, but it certainly does not make me a TROLL.

I'll grant you that. We all reach a level that we are comfortable at, mine just happens to be much lower than your's. I live in a single income (51K), modest home in the suburbs, drive an old, but reliable vehicle, go out to eat two or three times a week, and I live comfortably. No bill collectors calling me and I have a good cable package. If a family member is in need, I can usually help out in some way.

Going to the Carribean for vacation? Doubt it.

Going to increase my stock portfolio? Doubt it.

Going to buy a new Audi this year? Doubt it.

Believe all these 6 figure incomes on this thread? Doubt it.

You might be genuine, but this thread as a whole isn't!!!

Guest Guest
I'll grant you that. We all reach a level that we are comfortable at, mine just happens to be much lower than your's. I live in a single income (51K), modest home in the suburbs, drive an old, but reliable vehicle, go out to eat two or three times a week, and I live comfortably. No bill collectors calling me and I have a good cable package. If a family member is in need, I can usually help out in some way.

jill_greenberg_monkey.jpg

Guest Guest

Well with more than 12,000 people in broome county making the dough, it's entirely possible some of them have posted here. Your jealously is getting the best of you. BTW - the carribean is great & so is Europe. Signed - not a troll, just a realist.

@

Guest Guest

i am

Guest Guest

i forgot to mention, i am on my way to hawaii for two weeks at the ernd of april. 15 days, actually. don't be jealous, i have worked for all of it. none of it was given to me.

Guest Guest
They don't serve PB&J at the restuarants where I see these folks. You comment is a nice defense, and it likely abates your jealously, but it doesn't float.

Not true -- I can show you several "eat peanut butter for dinner" developments in the area.

(or have little or no furniture because they can't afford it).

Guest Guest
Not true -- I can show you several "eat peanut butter for dinner" developments in the area.

(or have little or no furniture because they can't afford it).

if it makes you feel better to think that, good for you. i can see you are having difficulty grasping the concept that some people do earn healthy salaries, they own nice cars, they have nice homes, they eat well, dress well, have investments, money in the bank, and even vacation. again the green-eyed monster rears it's ugly head. i wish you well in your endeavors and hope your financial situation is one you are happy with. in absence of that i hope it at least makes you happy to believe those in nice homes can't afford it. they don't care what you believe anyway.

@

Archived