Songs that make you remember

Guest memories

Guest Guest

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Guest Guest

The Dire Straits' song "Walk of Life" always makes me smile and think of my grandmother. See, all her life she was a pretty straight-laced, fundamentalist Baptist and was completely against rock music or dancing. But as she grew elderly (and slightly senile) she "loosened up a bit". When she was about 80 my brother got married, and at his wedding reception the DJ started playing "Walk of Life". You can't imagine my surprise and utter delight when she suddenly got up, took my aunt (her daughter) by the hand, and headed to the dance floor. I just sat at our table with an ear-to-ear grin, watching her boogie out on the dance floor (well, as much as an 80-year-old can boogie). Never thought I'd live to see the day Grandma danced to "Dire Straits". One of my all-time favorite memories.

Dire Straights Money for Nothing Or as some call it the MTV song.

There was something about that video. Everytime it came on TV my son who was hardly even 1 yet would stand in front of the TV and just dance his little butt off. He was mesmerized by that video. Wish I had video taped him doing that but in my mind I can still see him dancing away.

To those with young kids, enjoy them while they're young. They grow up way too fast.

Guest Guest

I can never hear this song without thinking about high school. We all used to get together at a friend's house over on Kattelville Rd., play pool, smoke a little and have a great time!!!

I knew a Alice once, wonder what she's been up to lately? Haven't seen her in 30+ years, ahhh those were the days....

Old Time Rock And Roll

Lost In The Fifties

Well, that's it for now. Got to get to work. Later people, have a great day !

Baker Street is a good early memory song.

Vacation, come on, I was 12 ;)

Midnight Blue, a high school sweetheart.

Anything by Soundgarden! (Big Dumb Sex!) I didn't like any other Grunge band, they were the best.

Ain't No Sunshine :)

Blackbird :)

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain & He Stopped Loving Her Today, I can't hear those songs without bawling.

Music is a huge part of my life, I could probably list a million songs that bring out some sort of emotion in me.

Guest Bobby Baja
Behind Blue Eyes

Touchè....................how 'bout "Slip Kid" got my vacuum flask full of hot tea and sugar, got the keys to RIDE IN MY CAR.............................................................................

First time I left home... to start out on my own.... I listened to Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. I also played a lot of the dixie chicks first album.. Anything by James TAylor reminds me of a high school sweetheart. Cecilia reminds of my best friends growing up. Too many songs spark too many memories. Wonderful World reminds me of my Papa.. that song will make me cry in 3 notes. I miss him so much.

Guest Just Lookin

As corney as this is "Somewhere over the Rainbow" is one that hits my heart an awfully lot with memories.

Thankfully they don't play it on the radio!! Only time I have to hear it is in annually on Idol, when the Wizard of Oz is on or in my mind when my memory is playing games with me.

Guest silentone
As corney as this is "Somewhere over the Rainbow" is one that hits my heart an awfully lot with memories.

Thankfully they don't play it on the radio!! Only time I have to hear it is in annually on Idol, when the Wizard of Oz is on or in my mind when my memory is playing games with me.

i like Israel Kamakawiwo's verison of over the rainbow its very nice and simple

Guest yeppers

Yeah, that version is awesome. Wasn't it the version they used on the 50 first dates soundtrack? I think so, eithr way, it's fantastic

Archived