Player of the Year Candidate

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

# 1 performance of the year, Magnificent John Connoly 35 pts against sectional champ JC. Dragging his team to the finish line without supporting cast mate (willis).

#2 performance of year, Tom Torto had 25 in championship game, favorable (season long)whistle sent him to foul line more than any other player

I would say Connoly is in the driver seat for POY, but Torto is close.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
# 1 performance of the year, Magnificent John Connoly 35 pts against sectional champ JC. Dragging his team to the finish line without supporting cast mate (willis).

#2 performance of year, Tom Torto had 25 in championship game, favorable (season long)whistle sent him to foul line more than any other player

WE SAW A CHAMPION IN ACTION LAST NITE.... ME GIRLS , JC WILD CATS THEY WON CHAMPIONSHIPS LAST NITE, J CONNOLLY IS A CHAMPION. THE YOUNG MAN BRINGS LOADS OF INTENSITY,A UNSTOPPABLE WILL TO SUCCEDE AND JUST ENOUGH TALENT EVERY NITE TO DRAG HIS LESS GIFTED MATES TO VICTORY MOST NITES.LAST NITE NUMBER TWENTY FOUR WAS A VALLID WARRIOR , SCORING HALF HIS TEAMS POINTS IN A LOSING EFFORT...THE SPARTANS WERE SHORT A STAR LAST NITE , BUT NEVER SHORTCHANGED BY MASTER CONNOLLY...A SPORTS LOVERS PLEASURE TO WATCH YOU COMPETE #24, CONGRATS AND GOOD FORTUNE....YOU LEFT A MARK....THE STAC WATCHER..

Guest Guest

Smith - Steady as they come

Connolly - leading scorer in STAC - his 35 pt performance against JC was with Willis - 25 without

Torto - Big Game performance - next year

Bonney - Best Player on Norwich - period.

Guest guest

Connolly is DB -if people knew what he was like they would never say POY . But, for the newspaper top scorer always get it thats all they ever base it on. He does not have an all around game sorry-he can drive to the basket hard period. But if you always got the ball in your hand its easier. Weak year...

Guest Guest
Connolly is DB -if people knew what he was like they would never say POY . But, for the newspaper top scorer always get it thats all they ever base it on. He does not have an all around game sorry-he can drive to the basket hard period. But if you always got the ball in your hand its easier. Weak year...

Guest Guest

There is not one player in stac that means more to his team than j connolly... he could and probably should be the stac player of the year...

Signed ,

JC SWISS CHEESE

Guest STAC WATCHER

MY CHILD YOU ARE SHOWING MORE GREEN THAN WAS ON DISPLAY ON SETONS BENCH LAST NITE... #24 IS TO BE LOVED NOT LOATHED...THE STAC WATCHER...

Guest guest
MY CHILD YOU ARE SHOWING MORE GREEN THAN WAS ON DISPLAY ON SETONS BENCH LAST NITE... #24 IS TO BE LOVED NOT LOATHED...THE STAC WATCHER...

Oh, this turned into an "M-E vs. JC" cut and paste thread and it hasn't even been an hour since the first post. I'm shocked.

Guest guest

All Conference picks - Metro/West

1. Smith - Vestal

2. Bailey - Vestal

3. Chandler - UE

4. KJ Rose - UE

5. Beamon - HH

6. Johnson - Bingo

East/Central

1. J. Connolly = ME

2. Bonney - Nor

3. Torto - SCC

4. Cornwall - SV

5. Hull - CV

6. Garbade - SCC

Guest Guest
All Conference picks - Metro/West

1. Smith - Vestal

2. Bailey - Vestal

3. Chandler - UE

4. KJ Rose - UE

5. Beamon - HH

6. Johnson - Bingo

East/Central

1. J. Connolly = ME

2. Bonney - Nor

3. Torto - SCC

4. Cornwall - SV

5. Hull - CV

6. Garbade - SCC

Solid list.

Guest fact checker
Smith - Steady as they come

Connolly - leading scorer in STAC - his 35 pt performance against JC was with Willis - 25 without

Torto - Big Game performance - next year

Bonney - Best Player on Norwich - period.

With out stocks, jc was triple teamed at times...put up 25.... dump in to garbade out to perim.. open shot for torto..jc was the only legitimate scorer for a team with 15 wins... stocks strictly a rebound put back force..though game was becoming more varied as season wore....no super star player.. no super team.. most important player on a team with relevance...j connolly .. hands down...

Guest Guest
With out stocks, jc was triple teamed at times...put up 25.... dump in to garbade out to perim.. open shot for torto..jc was the only legitimate scorer for a team with 15 wins... stocks strictly a rebound put back force..though game was becoming more varied as season wore....no super star player.. no super team.. most important player on a team with relevance...j connolly .. hands down...

I agree 100% with your assessment.

Guest STAC WATCHER
Oh, this turned into an "M-E vs. JC" cut and paste thread and it hasn't even been an hour since the first post. I'm shocked.

MIS READ... NOT UNDERSTOOD...DIS TORTED... MY CHILDREN...THE THREAD HAS TO DO WITH BEST STAC PLAYER... NOT ME.. NOT JC...NOT YOUR GREAT ONE... IT JUST SO HAPPENS THE SPARTANS HAVE A CANDIDATE... J CONNOLLY...THE PRESUMED CHOICE..... THE WILD CATS ARE NOT RELEVANT IN THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC...THEY DO NOT HAVE A CANDIDATE .....PERIOD...GET BACK ON COURSE... THE STAC WATCHER..

Guest Guest

[/quote

torto? hull should be frontrunner averaging 19.2 ppg, cv won 10 in a row, not to mention scoring 1000 career points

Guest Mr. Connolly

The stac crapper will be seen as a foolish fake once again when they pick POY. His stupidity abounds. Since when do they ever pick a most valuable player from a losing team. ME could not win the big games and Connolly did not help them win by himself. When the stac crapper is found out again, he should retire his stupid arse and not visit his crap on the people of this board ever again.

Guest Guest
The stac crapper will be seen as a foolish fake once again when they pick POY. His stupidity abounds. Since when do they ever pick a most valuable player from a losing team. ME could not win the big games and Connolly did not help them win by himself. When the stac crapper is found out again, he should retire his stupid arse and not visit his crap on the people of this board ever again.

Guest guest

Shouldn't the POY wait and be decided until everyone is done playing what if someone takes their team far ? And as far as no one meant as much to their team as Connolly that's BS! There is tons of kids who meant that much to their team-that's got to be a Connolly running their mouth again-and I would beleive stac watcher is coming somewhere out of the Connolly family no one just plugs a kid as hard as he us doing. And then when people post something against the kid becuase they don't think he is the greatest player they call it jealousy-definitely a Connolly. They think everyone is jealous of them and they are the only ones with work ethic. Give me a break!

Guest guest

Thats your choice if you want to love him go right ahead, run your mouth all you want you can' t decide for people what they are to think and I think the kid is an D.B. If you ever want to specifics let me know. But then why wouldn't one DB protect another!

Guest Guest
Shouldn't the POY wait and be decided until everyone is done playing what if someone takes their team far ? And as far as no one meant as much to their team as Connolly that's BS! There is tons of kids who meant that much to their team-that's got to be a Connolly running their mouth again-and I would beleive stac watcher is coming somewhere out of the Connolly family no one just plugs a kid as hard as he us doing. And then when people post something against the kid becuase they don't think he is the greatest player they call it jealousy-definitely a Connolly. They think everyone is jealous of them and they are the only ones with work ethic. Give me a break!

Guest Guest

Thats your choice if you want to love him go right ahead, run your mouth all you want you can' t decide for people what they are to think and I think the kid is an D.B. If you ever want to specifics let me know. But then why wouldn't one DB protect another!

WE SAW A CHAMPION IN ACTION LAST NITE.... ME GIRLS , JC WILD CATS THEY WON CHAMPIONSHIPS LAST NITE, J CONNOLLY IS A CHAMPION. THE YOUNG MAN BRINGS LOADS OF INTENSITY,A UNSTOPPABLE WILL TO SUCCEDE AND JUST ENOUGH TALENT EVERY NITE TO DRAG HIS LESS GIFTED MATES TO VICTORY MOST NITES.LAST NITE NUMBER TWENTY FOUR WAS A VALLID WARRIOR , SCORING HALF HIS TEAMS POINTS IN A LOSING EFFORT...THE SPARTANS WERE SHORT A STAR LAST NITE , BUT NEVER SHORTCHANGED BY MASTER CONNOLLY...A SPORTS LOVERS PLEASURE TO WATCH YOU COMPETE #24, CONGRATS AND GOOD FORTUNE....YOU LEFT A MARK....THE STAC WATCHER..

Guest guest

So true So true -why does he think we are green with envy becuase they lost the stac and sectionals? Yeah that would make anyone green with envy...LOL...You go ahead and brag about your mighty Spartans ( not sure its the Spartans you love or Connolly -but that weird dude) I am getting ready for the JC , Seton, Vestal games!

Guest guest

If the stac watcher is not a Connolly posting-that may be even scarier-Jon if I were you I would run, I think the guy really likes you if you know what I mean...

Guest guest
Hull.

Excellent choice.. do not believe he was at the top of his game early in the season...came on late.. torto was not the most impacting player on his team all year as well. garbade, martin offer much, not as much pressure on torto... who else did much on me,, stocks--yes ..... but ineligible late...benched early for lack of verve...j. connolly game in and game out, though marked produced big time.. player of the year in my book..

Archived