Player of the Year Candidate

Guest Guest

Guest guest

No wonder Connolly and Hull had so many points. They shot the ball way more than Bonney. Bonney was a complete player could rebound pass score and guarded the other teams best post player. More than you can say for hull, torto or connolly

True Connolly seemed to always have the ball an played full games not to mention some teams were very weak and the coach left him in, so his scoring was bound to be good. As I have said he is not a complete player. Did he even win the MVP and the DWI-no. All metro yes POY No.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Hopefully whoever selects POY, all-metro, all-conference doesn't read or take into consideration all the misinformation and political statements made on this forum. Some of these posts make the player, family, and fans seem desperate.

Guest Guest

Hull wins this going away. He can beat you in many ways. Shooting, Posting up, Driving hard to the basket, sees the court very well and is a good passer, great foul shooter. If you had a all star team and it was a tied game you would want him taking the last shot. All of the kids mentioned are very good players. The torto kid is a winner plain and simple. He faced a Norwich team that has 2 good experienced gaurds. He went into the Sectional game and scored 25 against them. as a soph. something to be said for that. Bonner and Garbade are good players but would like to see what they do day in and day out against similar size guys.

Guest Guest

Why so much negitivity around the Connolly kid. I havent watched him play. Obviously a good player from seeing the stats. Is it him or his parents that are hard to like? Lots of anger towards them? Not from ME or JC so I dont understand it? Sounds like he is a good athelete and hustles? What gives ?

Guest Mr Objective
Why so much negitivity around the Connolly kid. I havent watched him play. Obviously a good player from seeing the stats. Is it him or his parents that are hard to like? Lots of anger towards them? Not from ME or JC so I dont understand it? Sounds like he is a good athelete and hustles? What gives ?

He whines everytime a foul is called, which happens on about every 3rd he commits.

Guest Mr Objective

Torto is a slightly above average player (some nights) who has an occasional good game. He is a darling of the newspaper. He doesn't even belong in the conversation of POY. Those are SCC alum making those posts.

Guest Coach AA

Hull is the Player of the Year. He is the best player in Section IV.

He had the most total points and rebounds. This year and last year with total points as recalled.

Lead team to States.

All State.

Coaches.

Guest Johnson City

For M-E, Willis Stocks was the best player. If you stop his scoring and all around threat, defense, rebounding, then it's game over for M-E.

Guest Guest
From an impartial observer...

Wasn't it a blowout game? If JC wins by 1 or 2, I see the argument that Stocks would have made a difference. But this is the same Stocks who went for 6 and 4 against Norwich.

Not sure he would've mattered in a 19-point blowout.

W/O Willis ME not only lacked their best defensive player, they lacked offensive rebounding, they lacked the middle of their 1-3-1 trap defense but more important than all they lacked depth. JC won the game in the second quarter when Bergo was on the bench. One player clearly made all the difference!

Guest Guest
If you consider the whole season I think you have to include Borfitz from Norwich. Best shooter in the league, sees the court, and had solid games against all others suggested for all conference except in the Sectional finals.

I saw Borfitz four times this year - - must be I saw him on bad nights because I really thought he would have an outstanding year and when I saw him he had a very low shooting percentage and not his best games. Bonney impressed me and so did Hughes. Borfitz disappointed.

Guest Guest

Guest guest

Envy!

Um envy of what? That they are all D.B.'s? You mean of Tom's great QB skills this year-of Jon's constant arrogance-of Daddy buying his kids way through sports (don't mean just money) If there was a SOY (sparent of the year) I think Connolly may just get it. Kids are mediocre athletes, and not well rounded -huge cry babies. Envy I think not my friend, glad there is no more left at the school -you bet!

Guest guest
Hull wins this going away. He can beat you in many ways. Shooting, Posting up, Driving hard to the basket, sees the court very well and is a good passer, great foul shooter. If you had a all star team and it was a tied game you would want him taking the last shot. All of the kids mentioned are very good players. The torto kid is a winner plain and simple. He faced a Norwich team that has 2 good experienced gaurds. He went into the Sectional game and scored 25 against them. as a soph. something to be said for that. Bonner and Garbade are good players but would like to see what they do day in and day out against similar size guys.

The award is given or at least it is my understanding .. to the player who did the most , at a highlevel of performance... not necessarily who is and can be the best player.. connolly and hulls teams met once ..again it was jconnolly whose team cme out victorious...torto is probably the best all around stac player now and in the future..he did not lead seton day in and day out ..jconnolly undisputedly did so.. 15 win team..plenty of quality wins...most as underdogs...jconnolly the edge maine endwell had consistently..lay off torto,,garbadem,martin..lay off bonney..borfitz austin..lay off hull ..fox.. lay off connolly...WHOwho who.....

Guest guesy

Connolly could not dribble for crap and didn't play defense that well either-loves the ball in hands and taking to to the rim big deal just not an all around game.Not the clear choice by any means. If he was that great we would have heard of him before this year. I say Hull...although lets see these play off games.

Guest guest

The award is given or at least it is my understanding .. to the player who did the most , at a highlevel of performance... not necessarily who is and can be the best player.. connolly and hulls teams met once ..again it was jconnolly whose team cme out victorious...torto is probably the best all around stac player now and in the future..he did not lead seton day in and day out ..jconnolly undisputedly did so.. 15 win team..plenty of quality wins...most as underdogs...jconnolly the edge maine endwell had consistently..lay off torto,,garbadem,martin..lay off bonney..borfitz austin..lay off hull ..fox.. lay off connolly...WHOwho who.....

underdogs what the hell are you talking about ? -who Oneonta,Owego, CF, Windsor, seriously when the hell were they ever the under dogs-omg you people are unreal you change your stories all the time now you went from the powerhouse to the underdogs.

Guest Guest

You must have seen his 4 worst games or, more likely, are pitching for someone else on this forum, because I'd bet he shot the highest percentage of any 3-point shooter in STAC. And, his unselfishness, court vision and ability to find the open player was excellent. Saw DWI tournament, at ME, at JC and spoke to others about Norwich stats. He drew other teams toughest defender every night.

I saw Borfitz four times this year - - must be I saw him on bad nights because I really thought he would have an outstanding year and when I saw him he had a very low shooting percentage and not his best games. Bonney impressed me and so did Hughes. Borfitz disappointed.

Guest Guest

Best future player in STAC is KJ Rose - hands down, no question - no competition.

underdogs what the hell are you talking about ? -who Oneonta,Owego, CF, Windsor, seriously when the hell were they ever the under dogs-omg you people are unreal you change your stories all the time now you went from the powerhouse to the underdogs.

Guest guest
You must have seen his 4 worst games or, more likely, are pitching for someone else on this forum, because I'd bet he shot the highest percentage of any 3-point shooter in STAC. And, his unselfishness, court vision and ability to find the open player was excellent. Saw DWI tournament, at ME, at JC and spoke to others about Norwich stats. He drew other teams toughest defender every night.

Most of what you say i would agree with...saw norwich about seven times last two years...borfitz one of best three shooters.. however he was often guarded off his game...like against seton in sec final. did nothing agasinst ess in div game.. connolly on the other hand picked up his game at the toughest times... his first and only tech put him on bench against norwich..guess who had three threes in the first qtr.. not bor fitz but j connolly.. believe he is player of the year...maine endwell did not have a starter except connolly to match norwich cast...little help for connolly not so for all otherpoy candidates..

Guest Guest

Hull.

We saw Tom play 3-times this year. 29, 29, and 34 points. From first game of the year to near last game. Tom Hull is the Player of the Year. We have known him for 6 years against us. He's a natural basketball player. True fact on the All-State and All-Metro. Very likeable and cool competitor.

Guest guest
Hull.

We saw Tom play 3-times this year. 29, 29, and 34 points. From first game of the year to near last game. Tom Hull is the Player of the Year. We have known him for 6 years against us. He's a natural basketball player. True fact on the All-State and All-Metro. Very likeable and cool competitor.

Agree he is a good player..thought he was more dominant last year ... woul like to see who the three teams were that you post his scores for... what were his totals against seton twice... me ...maine endwell crossed over against seton.. cv.. sv.....believe cv cross over easier... help out.... jconnolly my player of the year for what he did when and against whom..dwi..sec finalminus stocks...seton etc

Guest guesf

Agree he is a good player..thought he was more dominant last year ... woul like to see who the three teams were that you post his scores for... what were his totals against seton twice... me ...maine endwell crossed over against seton.. cv.. sv.....believe cv cross over easier... help out.... jconnolly my player of the year for what he did when and against whom..dwi..sec finalminus stocks...seton etc

Hull has all the skills can dribble etc..Connolly does not -Hull had equally as good games but did not have a Stocks on his team, Stocks by far the best player on ME. In that case I go for Hull.

Archived