Player of the Year Candidate

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I have to go with Hull also 2 years of consistent play that would be wrong if he got beat out. Although I see happen every year. Last year I thought Meir or Powell , Balta or Moribito xould have had it although Gray had a great year they had many years of consistent play. It usually goes to a senior so Torto is out.. Then dint' Keough get it over Mullins? Again maybe its just a matter of opinion. There is usually more than one on each year that is able to get it. Hull I think has a better all around game.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coach B

Tom Hull lead the league in total points the last two years. Rebounds this year. Stats. Watched him play point guard - 1. All around. He's Player of the Year.

Was he All-State?

Guest Guest

so what about the freshman from UE. Rose? He is already being watched closely by big div 1 schools. What I heard he will be as highly recruited as King Rice? Thoughts?

Guest guest

Tom Hull lead the league in total points the last two years. Rebounds this year. Stats. Watched him play point guard - 1. All around. He's Player of the Year.

Was he All-State? Beleive so....

yes he deserves it

Guest guest
I go with Hull -2 years consistent.

what player did the most, had the most influence on his teams season..the season had to be successfuil...unless the player was head and shoulders great...there are no great players in stac this year' cornwall at sv is eliminated because his team was not a success...that leaves in my opinion...torto, garbade... bonney borfitz, jconnolly, hull..smith eliminated because he stunk when games meant most.jconnolly is the choice..not overall most talented...but the player who single handed most nites led his team to unexpected victory... 35 one nite..did any one match that outpouring..against the sec four sec champions no less

Guest fartboy
so what about the freshman from UE. Rose? He is already being watched closely by big div 1 schools. What I heard he will be as highly recruited as King Rice? Thoughts?
Sorry.., no comparison to King Rice. D-1 schools are looking more at Torto, than Rose. Don't get me wrong, Rose is the second best guard in the league and very good at that, but being recruited by D-1? Not in this league!

Guest guest
WE SAW A CHAMPION IN ACTION LAST NITE.... ME GIRLS , JC WILD CATS THEY WON CHAMPIONSHIPS LAST NITE, J CONNOLLY IS A CHAMPION. THE YOUNG MAN BRINGS LOADS OF INTENSITY,A UNSTOPPABLE WILL TO SUCCEDE AND JUST ENOUGH TALENT EVERY NITE TO DRAG HIS LESS GIFTED MATES TO VICTORY MOST NITES.LAST NITE NUMBER TWENTY FOUR WAS A VALLID WARRIOR , SCORING HALF HIS TEAMS POINTS IN A LOSING EFFORT...THE SPARTANS WERE SHORT A STAR LAST NITE , BUT NEVER SHORTCHANGED BY MASTER CONNOLLY...A SPORTS LOVERS PLEASURE TO WATCH YOU COMPETE #24, CONGRATS AND GOOD FORTUNE....YOU LEFT A MARK....THE STAC WATCHER..

Last I checked, basketball is a team sport. All this POY stuff is pure drivel .... irrelevant.

Guest guest

Last I checked, basketball is a team sport. All this POY stuff is pure drivel .... irrelevant.

So very true best comment on here...

Guest guest

So very true best comment on here...

Why will one be picked then??? mr above the norm...

Guest guest
Sorry.., no comparison to King Rice. D-1 schools are looking more at Torto, than Rose. Don't get me wrong, Rose is the second best guard in the league and very good at that, but being recruited by D-1? Not in this league!

Thank you mr garfunkel, cant wait to see you at the camp... We are fortunate on this site to have such a knowledgeable bball guru... however i think chuck burger is still the man for us..at least he posts with tongue in cheek, you have something stuck in your a..... tort o div one..hope fully you mean stony brook... slow, no jump mshot..wont allways get the whistle considerastion he now gets..good stac guard..vestal was a good stac team..lets leave it there..quit overblowiung local teams and talent... jconnolly for poy

Guest Chuck Burger
Thank you mr garfunkel, cant wait to see you at the camp... We are fortunate on this site to have such a knowledgeable bball guru... however i think chuck burger is still the man for us..at least he posts with tongue in cheek, you have something stuck in your a..... tort o div one..hope fully you mean stony brook... slow, no jump mshot..wont allways get the whistle considerastion he now gets..good stac guard..vestal was a good stac team..lets leave it there..quit overblowiung local teams and talent... jconnolly for poy

I think you meant to say that chuck burger posts with his tongue in stac crappers ass cheeks.

Guest Guest

There are NO D1 basketball players in the area. All of the players mentioned are good, but they may make DIII at best. My guess is local community colleges for the majority of them. How quickly the talent level has fallen off this year. A couple good players, but nothing special. I would go with Hull, but not sure. Tall kid on CV is pretty good as is Torto.

Guest Guest

The one kid I've seen this year who may be D-1 material is Garbade from Seton. This is based on his height. A coach may decide to take him and try to mold him into a big-time center. Plus I hear he's an excellent student - so could end up at an IVY school.

Guest guest
not everyone follows the pack. mr. lemming

mr confused i follow no pack...me is the lead dog..see if you can follow;;; the thread was started to allow contributors to nname their stac player of the year.. a honor the will be given and has been given for years.. that makes it relevant in some circles... you choose not to travel in them thats your choice.. however you should refrain from degraduing a relevant award wit your ignorance of it...you dont agree with it , why post?? get your attention elsewhere.... j connolly of maine endwell for stac player of year...should you be more interesrtedin global warming as mr smug ..you can disregard...one mans lemming is anothers poison///

I say we rename the Stac Watcher ...... to the Stac Deuchbag !

WE SAW A CHAMPION IN ACTION LAST NITE.... ME GIRLS , JC WILD CATS THEY WON CHAMPIONSHIPS LAST NITE, J CONNOLLY IS A CHAMPION. THE YOUNG MAN BRINGS LOADS OF INTENSITY,A UNSTOPPABLE WILL TO SUCCEDE AND JUST ENOUGH TALENT EVERY NITE TO DRAG HIS LESS GIFTED MATES TO VICTORY MOST NITES.LAST NITE NUMBER TWENTY FOUR WAS A VALLID WARRIOR , SCORING HALF HIS TEAMS POINTS IN A LOSING EFFORT...THE SPARTANS WERE SHORT A STAR LAST NITE , BUT NEVER SHORTCHANGED BY MASTER CONNOLLY...A SPORTS LOVERS PLEASURE TO WATCH YOU COMPETE #24, CONGRATS AND GOOD FORTUNE....YOU LEFT A MARK....THE STAC WATCHER..

Guest Guest
No wonder Connolly and Hull had so many points. They shot the ball way more than Bonney. Bonney was a complete player could rebound pass score and guarded the other teams best post player. More than you can say for hull, torto or connolly

Bonney had how many points against Seton? The second half of the game they had only 11 points. So if someone can't shoot when they are up against a tough defense then drop them from the running. It's how you get open and take the shot under pressure that makes a player valuable.

Guest guest

mr confused i follow no pack...me is the lead dog..see if you can follow;;; the thread was started to allow contributors to nname their stac player of the year.. a honor the will be given and has been given for years.. that makes it relevant in some circles... you choose not to travel in them thats your choice.. however you should refrain from degraduing a relevant award wit your ignorance of it...you dont agree with it , why post?? get your attention elsewhere.... j connolly of maine endwell for stac player of year...should you be more interesrtedin global warming as mr smug ..you can disregard...one mans lemming is anothers poison///

It looks like you are looking for the attention the attention to get everyone to think Connolly was the best and sorry bud you seem a little out numbered. He was not event he best on his team. And he did not have the whole game-others did.

Guest guests

It looks like you are looking for the attention the attention to get everyone to think Connolly was the best and sorry bud you seem a little out numbered. He was not event he best on his team. And he did not have the whole game-others did.

The number of responses and the threads longevity suggest a level of relevance ... disputing the stance a few others took.. the most annoying , to me responses, are those that suggest my candidate jconnolly ..was not the best player on his team...those people if they do know anything about bball are letting jealousy guide their fingertips... stocks was second best and provided a needed commodity no doubt, but jconnolly was the main component of the surprising spartans...

Guest guest

The number of responses and the threads longevity suggest a level of relevance ... disputing the stance a few others took.. the most annoying , to me responses, are those that suggest my candidate jconnolly ..was not the best player on his team...those people if they do know anything about bball are letting jealousy guide their fingertips... stocks was second best and provided a needed commodity no doubt, but jconnolly was the main component of the surprising spartans...

Who the hell died an left you the basketball king? Sorry bud plug away for your candidate but neither was he the best on his team nor the best player in stac. Your sounding a little like the stac watcher I have to wonder...or a family member. Either way everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To many others had the whole game your jon did not. This is not based on jealousy (which makes me think this is a family memebr or stac watcher becuase they always pull that out.) this is based on playing skills-I have nothing to lose or gain.

Guest guest

POY is a joke -can't beleive everyone is so uptight about it. Who gives a crap, its never right anyways becuase to say there is one best player in this area is crap.

Guest BX and RH

The best players in STAC are Tom Hull, Willis Stocks, and Matt Cornwell. Hull was the top man. Stocks and Cornwell had skills and size as 2nd and 3rd, and a good last couple years as varsity players. Hull is POY.

Guest connolly sucks

And we should believe your choice for poy because you are so illiterate? You can't even put a sentence together.

I'm not going to read five pages of worthless opinions to see if someone has mentioned that Torto is only a Sophomore. He has always played in ages groups above him since middle school basketball. I can't waint to see what he does when he is an upper classman. He has the potential to be the most skilled player to come out of the area in a long time. He's certianly the best player to play for Seton since Brad Conklin.

Guest Guest
I'm not going to read five pages of worthless opinions to see if someone has mentioned that Torto is only a Sophomore. He has always played in ages groups above him since middle school basketball. I can't waint to see what he does when he is an upper classman. He has the potential to be the most skilled player to come out of the area in a long time. He's certianly the best player to play for Seton since Brad Conklin.

awesome...we'll be able to watch him as a D3 backup somewhere

the only DI recruiters in this area's basketball gyms are the one's waiting for the wrestling matches to start

Archived