A question for faithful catholic

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Baptism makes you a member of the Catholic Church, THE BODY OF CHRIST, albeit, imperfectly. Every person who is properly baptized is related to the Catholic Church. The Mormons and the Jehovah Witness do not have proper baptisms.

AFC, I would differ with you on this one. Jesus and John the Baptist performed baptisms on consenting adults in the rivers and lakes. I have never seen this done in a Catholic ceremony. The Catholics changed the baptism ceremony to suit their needs, not to do the will of Christ. The sprinkling of holy water on a baby to buy that instant ticket to heaven no matter what doesnt seem biblical to me at all, it seems made up by man to suit the needs of man. There is no evidence of this in scripture, only in catholic texts written long after the death of Christ.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AFC, I would differ with you on this one. Jesus and John the Baptist performed baptisms on consenting adults in the rivers and lakes.

1.) Jesus NEVER performed any baptism.

2.) Nothing states you have to be baptized in a RIVER or LAKE.

3.) Whole households were baptized, including CHILDREN. Acts 16:15, 33; Acts 18:8; 1 Cor 1:16

I have never seen this done in a Catholic ceremony.

You are not required too.....

The Catholics changed the baptism ceremony to suit their needs, not to do the will of Christ.

For one thing the Catholic Church was ALREADY baptizing people BEFORE the Gospels were even WRITTEN! According to the Teaching of the Apostles to the Nations, the DIDACHE:

Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism. And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have no living water, baptize into other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, do so in warm. But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

Are you telling me the Apostles were wrong???????? I don't think so.

The sprinkling of holy water on a baby to buy that instant ticket to heaven no matter what doesnt seem biblical to me at all, it seems made up by man to suit the needs of man. There is no evidence of this in scripture, only in catholic texts written long after the death of Christ.

Baloney. The Apostles baptized WHOLE households. Look it up. Baptism erases original sin and you are infuzed with the grace of God. If you die right after you have been baptized, you would go straight to heaven:

Prediction of baptism? I think so:

Ezekiel 36:25

25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.

By the way, Sola Scriptura is a TOTAL heresy. Where was your church during the first century? Where did you get the written Word of God from? Even Luther admits if it wasn't for the Catholic Church, he wouldn't have any idea what the Word of God was! The bible is a CATHOLIC DOCUMENT.

Guest Guest
You know what? I wasn't even going to answer this silly post, but after my laughter I think I will.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

1.) I'm not a quitter.

2.) Not a pedophile.

3.) Not the ant-Christ

4.) I'm Catholic ALREADY

5.) I don't molest children

Oh yeah!?!? What's that??!!!!

That's funny. Not one person, certainly not you, can prove I said anything FALSE in terms of the Word of God and the Catechism.

Thanks for your irrational comments. Please have a seat. :lol

Does your Bible read as follows :

Philippians 2:13

For it is God who works in you and act according to his good purpose ...

Philippians 2:14

Do everything without complaining or arguing ..

Would I be correct to say that you enjoy being argumentative ? You seem to push people away while force feeding them Bible versus and are taking the Bible out of contents.

Every knee will bow and then you may say , " WOW" IT'S HOT IN HERE !!! :o:o:o:o:o:o

Does your Bible read as follows :

Would I be correct to say that you enjoy being argumentative ? You seem to push people away while force feeding them Bible versus and are taking the Bible out of contents.

Every knee will bow and then you may say , " WOW" IT'S HOT IN HERE !!! :o:o:o:o:o:o

1.) I try to correct people from their errors. Especially errors that came out of the "reformation"

2.) I don't take the bible out of "contents" at all

3.) Notice in the Catholic Church every knee bows towards the TABERNACLE? Hmmmm

Guest Guest
1.) I try to correct people from their errors. Especially errors that came out of the "reformation"

2.) I don't take the bible out of "contents" at all

3.) Notice in the Catholic Church every knee bows towards the TABERNACLE? Hmmmm

You failed to answer the simply question of :

Does you Bible read as follows ?

You failed to answer the simply question of :

Does you Bible read as follows ?

It does, why? I use the Word of God to correct people and to teach them...fighting falsehoods, a sign of Satan, is a noble cause.

Guest Guest
It does, why? I use the Word of God to correct people and to teach them...fighting falsehoods, a sign of Satan, is a noble cause.

So you take it upon yourself to argue what is right and wrong with the Bible. The verse says ( read it again ) .

EVERYTHING .......MEANS EVERYTHING.......... THERE'S NO WAY TO TWIST OUT OF THAT ONE PAL !!! :o:o:o

Guest Guest

So you take it upon yourself to argue what is right and wrong with the Bible. The verse says ( read it again ) .

EVERYTHING .......MEANS EVERYTHING.......... THERE'S NO WAY TO TWIST OUT OF THAT ONE PAL !!! :o:o:o

I strongly agree with you and thanks for the helpful Bible verse. But , lets see if he continues to ramble on and argue. You put him in his place very gracefully.

Are you telling me the Apostles violated scripture? People argue with ME, if you haven't noticed. I correct them. Look at all the bitterness towards me...How do I respond? Using the Word of God. How is that arguing? Nice try. I don't violate scripture. :lol:

You must take the whole message of the bible, TEACHING THE TRUTH, and not just one line. :blink:

I strongly agree with you and thanks for the helpful Bible verse. But , lets see if he continues to ramble on and argue. You put him in his place very gracefully.

Did not. If you don't correct people of their falsehoods, you are violating the second greatest Commandment: Loving thy Neighbor as yourself. Which trumps that verse you quoted. :lol:

Guest Guest

"Correct people"? Now aren't you all high and mighty?

Guest Guest
Did not. If you don't correct people of their falsehoods, you are violating the second greatest Commandment: Loving thy Neighbor as yourself. Which trumps that verse you quoted. :lol:

I LOVE MY NEIGHBOR TOO. BUT, WHO APPOINTED YOU TO BE A TEACHER. IF YOU WERE MY NIEGHBOR , I'D BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN I NOTICE YOU ALSO FELT THE NEED TO TRUMP ANOTHER POSTERS FACE INTO THE DIRT. YOUR A SICK PUPPY KID.

NOW GO LOOK ONLINE FOR A COME BACK BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO PERSONAL WISDOM !!

Guest Guest
Nope. The Lord's Teachings are. Proclaiming the LORD'S TRUTH is never arguing by the way. Falsehoods are a sure sign of Satan as well as the contempt for human life. Both are Satanic in origin at least.

Jesus corrects us....not you. You are very full of yourself.

I LOVE MY NEIGHBOR TOO. BUT, WHO APPOINTED YOU TO BE A TEACHER. IF YOU WERE MY NIEGHBOR , I'D BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN I NOTICE YOU ALSO FELT THE NEED TO TRUMP ANOTHER POSTERS FACE INTO THE DIRT. YOUR A SICK PUPPY KID.

NOW GO LOOK ONLINE FOR A COME BACK BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO PERSONAL WISDOM !!

The other poster tried to trump me and doesn't know what he/she is really talking about in terms of scripture.

Burn my house down? Take a pill. Jeepers. :blink:

Archived