Sheriff Harder

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
whatever the motivation the sheriff should know right from wrong. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.

You people are soooooo stupid.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
THIEF! It was'nt his money no matter how you look at it! Where's the $10,000 from 15 years ago, Detective Dave! You could'nt figure that out could ya, Detective Sergeant! You have no business accusing anyone of anything, Detective! You need to quit, Investigator! How are you gonna pay the money back, Detective! Are you gonna attack/spy on your employees to save face, Sheriff!

Guest Guest

Examples of Questionable Forfeiture Fund Spendinghttp://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91638378

Albany, New York, Police Department: $7,711 on photographs of police officers and artwork for administrative offices; $16,190 on food, gifts and entertainment.

Colorado State Patrol: $340 for a walnut plaque; $832 for knives as incentive awards; $599 on embroidered polo shirts; $907 for tickets to minor-league baseball games; $1,410 for fleece vests and bomber jackets; $107 for poker chips; $234 Bath & Body Works, various items.

St. Louis County Police Department: $144,689 to reimburse employees for courses taken at local colleges and universities to complete bachelor's or master's degree programs, such as English Composition, Advanced Contract Law and Introduction to Astronomy.

Fulton County, Georgia, District Attorney's Office: $5,000 for annual Christmas party, including a red cape printed with "Super Lawyer"; $6,650 on dinners, college football tickets, fundraisers and galas.

Boston Police Department: $2.6 million to lease SUVs, sedans and other vehicles for eight years. The Department says the vehicles were assigned to undercover officers trying to fit into drug scenes.

Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office: $2,040 on a billboard campaign during election season.

Kimble County, Texas, District Attorney's Office: $14,000 in per diem money for a training seminar in Hawaii.

Austin, Texas, Police Department: $12,025 for awards banquet; $3,314 for department's running team; $1,895 for a race clock; $625 for coffee mugs.

Montgomery County, Texas, District Attorney's Office: $458.41 for tequila, rum, beer kegs and a margarita machine for an employee barbecue cook-off; $870 for school folders for public school students with the message about the District Attorney: Michael McDougal supports our Willis Schools; $1,200 to golf tournament fundraiser for county constable.

Webb County, Texas, Sheriff's Office: $13,050 for newsletters and $20,000 for TV commercials, both of which the sheriff defended as important public service media, and which were criticized as re-election tools.

Guest Guest

"Federal prosecutors have issued an arrest warrant for Okaloosa County Sheriff Charlie Morris.

According to the warrant, Morris stole money meant for federal programs. He's also charged with wire fraud and several other offenses.

Florida Governor Charlie Crist issued an executive order immediately suspending Morris from office calling it "in the best interest of the residents of Okaloosa County, and the citizens of the State Of Florida."

Crist also named Edward Spooner as the interim sheriff.

Morris has been the Sheriff in Okalosa County since 1996."

Source http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article/arrest...7-2009_1-00-pm/

Guest Guest

People in Carteret County are reacting to the news that their former sheriff is facing federal charges.

The U.S. Attorneys Office in Raleigh confirms that retired Carteret County Sheriff Ralph Thomas has been charged with conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States.

A spokeswoman tells WITN News that during his time as sheriff, Thomas was involved with the theft of federal funds. A former deputy, Christopher Cozart, was also named in a separate Bill of Information. The feds say Cozart was a detective in the county's drug unit.

According to court documents obtained by WITN, Thomas, Cozart and others are accused of stealing in excess of $5,000 in federal money.

The documents say on multiple occasions between 1997 and 2006, deputies under Thomas' supervision, withdrew funds designated for covert drug investigations. The feds say Thomas kept a portion of the cash for his own personal use. The document says other individuals likewise received misappropriated funds for personal use.

No other people were named in the Bill of Information which was dated Monday. Carteret County Chief Deputy Ken Raper says no current members of the sheriff's department were involved in the alleged scheme.

John Wetherington, a neighbor of the former sheriff, told WITN, "It's kind of unbelievable. I mean, he is such a good guy. I wouldn't ever think anything like that."

Thomas was first elected in 1986 and retired as sheriff at the end of 2006. Personnel records show that Cozart was a deputy from January 2000 to July 2007.

Source: http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/87375442.html

Guest Guest
THIEF! It was'nt his money no matter how you look at it! Where's the $10,000 from 15 years ago, Detective Dave! You could'nt figure that out could ya, Detective Sergeant! You have no business accusing anyone of anything, Detective! You need to quit, Investigator! How are you gonna pay the money back, Detective! Are you gonna attack/spy on your employees to save face, Sheriff!

WOW!

Guest Guest
There's a world of difference between misappropriating funds and stealing them. We're clearly talking about a gray area here. We're also talking about $5k.

I mean, come on folks, it's not like he went out and bought himself a sports car. He bought some folding chairs for his employees and made a poor choice for where the funds came from. What a horrible guy, right? Oh my god! The horrors!

I'm only suggesting we keep things in perspective. Heads don't have to roll every time a mistake happens.

He gets a pension of over $50000.00 a year, over $80K in salary and he can't afford $5K for gifts? And not just gifts to fellow officers but to kitchen workers and nurses. WITH HIS NAME ON THEM, surely sounds like campaigning to me! This is unethical and misuse of funds by someone that knows better. He says he "might have made a mistake" won't even admit it. He was trying to give everyone he knows a chair with his name on it to get votes. Why don't people care about prosecution when an elected official gets caught? And he's only in the news because he was caught, not that he was confessing to it. Fiala spends her own money when she buys Christmas gifts not county funds. People get fired for ethics violations. It's not just the gifts, this was campaigning. Might as well have been bumper stickers or T-shirts saying re-elect Harder.

And for those attacking Fiala for approving the purchase and not catching it earlier... does that mean that any county office can submit bills for anything they want, pizza, a keg of beer, a massage, their dry-cleaning, etc and if it doesn't get caught and a check is signed, then all the blame is on Fiala? I say they are responsible for submitting expenses for legitimate, authorized, ethical, valid items. And a sheriff with 40 years experiance should know better.

Guest Guest-OnlyInBroome-*

Check out this link to read the explanation of what happened.

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20100...der-s-intention

"The purchasing department was told by the sheriff that the chairs would be used "for staff" not as "presents for staff."

No government funds, asset forfeiture funds or otherwise, may be used for personal gifts.

Neither the purchase request nor the payment was ever brought to the attention of the county executive's office at the time this transaction occurred.

It was only when the sheriff's office completed a mandatory annual report detailing the expenditures in this account, in February of this year, did it come to the attention of the executive's office."

Read the full report at the link above. The budget director, county atty and Fiala were just doing their job, watching where the money is spent.

Guest Guest

1. The employees were required to sign for the "gifts". Not all employees signed for them because they knew they were gifts! An employee can not refuse to sugn for equipment!

2. Pure coincidence that he did'nt hand out gifts last year, as he did for the last 10 years, but instead he decided to hand out equipment!

3. the employees who refused the gifts we smart! they do not have stolen property!

Guest Guest
1. The employees were required to sign for the "gifts". Not all employees signed for them because they knew they were gifts! An employee can not refuse to sugn for equipment!

2. Pure coincidence that he did'nt hand out gifts last year, as he did for the last 10 years, but instead he decided to hand out equipment!

3. the employees who refused the gifts we smart! they do not have stolen property!

You truly are an IDIOT.

Keep making stuff up, moron. Not only are all of your comments stupid, nonsense baseless, and completely incorrect, but your lack of spelling knowledge in every one makes it obvious that they're all typed by you!

It's "n't", retard (isN'T, didN'T, wasN'T...etc.).

If you can't get the story straight, at least spell your lies correctly!

Guest Guest
1. The employees were required to sign for the "gifts". Not all employees signed for them because they knew they were gifts! An employee can not refuse to s1gn for equipment!

2. Pure coincidence that he didn't hand out gifts last year, as he did for the last 10 years, but instead he decided to hand out equipment!

Actually, This poster is correct!

Guest Joker II
Have DA Mollen investigate.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......Oh my gosh, my stomach is killing from that one ha ha ha. The BC district attorney is nothing but a waste of oxygen with every breath he takes. I am not disagreeing that an investigation be done, it just needs to be done by someone who is competent. Perhaps the state attorney general's office..

Guest Guest
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......Oh my gosh, my stomach is killing from that one ha ha ha. The BC district attorney is nothing but a waste of oxygen with every breath he takes. I am not disagreeing that an investigation be done, it just needs to be done by someone who is competent. Perhaps the state attorney general's office..

Let Harder do the investigation. Why would this guy even think anyone wants him to be Sheriff!

Guest Guest
Does Sheriff Harder have a son named Dick?

Dick is a name that a parent should avoid for the kid's sake. You may as well name him "penis".

Guest Why

Time for DA Mollen to investigate. We do not need to pay another organization to investigate. SUNY Binghamton basketball crimes......where was our DA? Where is our DA now? Why the silence?

Guest Guest

How long do F.O.I.L. request take to get back? I was curious if the Press got their request back yet on Inmate Commissary Funds and Inmate Phone Funds that are through the Broome County Sheriff's?????

Guest Guest
How long do F.O.I.L. request take to get back? I was curious if the Press got their request back yet on Inmate Commissary Funds and Inmate Phone Funds that are through the Broome County Sheriff's?????

Give it a rest! No one's spending your dad's commissary funds!

Guest Guest

Can a judge use money from parking ticket fines to buy christmas presents for his staff? No! It was not his money no matter what the claim!

Being christian means "no stealing! The Sheriff is no christian! Absolutely disgusting behavior!

Guest Guest

Foil what ever you want. The man is still a thief! The real problem is that he believes he should still be sheriff! This is a sign of mental illness!

Archived