Interesting...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

It is interesting how when one writes a post about the mayor possibly being involved in criminal activity around the gambling investigation is posted, it is ok, even though there is not a shred of evidence to support that accusation. in fact, not only is there nothing to back up that accusation, the words are written in suce a way as to imply he did many things without actually accusing him of those things.

But when the mayors name is removed and ed's put in it's place, the thread is locked.

Interesting.

I guess it is ok to post unfounded accusations about the mayor - but not about ed.

Must be one of those rules of BC Voice that I did not know about until today.

Guest Guest

If you layabouts at City Hall actually did something besides sweat every word that Ed types here and the PSB site, you might get something done.

My car is being torn apart at the seams by the horrendously crappy roads in this city.

I have yet to see a single truck anywhere working on a single road.

There was a crew on Upper Front St. patching cracks today. Must have been the Town of Dickinson crew. At least they do something for the wages they're paid.

It is interesting how when one writes a post about the mayor possibly being involved in criminal activity around the gambling investigation is posted, it is ok, even though there is not a shred of evidence to support that accusation. in fact, not only is there nothing to back up that accusation, the words are written in suce a way as to imply he did many things without actually accusing him of those things.

But when the mayors name is removed and ed's put in it's place, the thread is locked.

Interesting.

I guess it is ok to post unfounded accusations about the mayor - but not about ed.

Your post is treading the line of a violation. Watch your step.

@

Guest Guest
why be an idiot and post that on here. why be the smart thing and email the mods directly. that would be the smart thing to do rather than start a thread and make something out of nothing. see there are right ways and wrong ways. guess which one you choose?

Hey! who said I was smart??!!

Actually I am - but I was just making the point. Personally I thought it was ironic and funny, but others did not see it that way - particularly Billy - and afdter all, his opinion is the only one that matters, so I will straighten up and not post stuff like that.

Many times on here I am put in the weird postion of sounding as if I am defending the mayor. When in fact, I am not a fan. If I hear one more time of "holding a conference" "information session" "symposium" on some issue effecting the city I am going to scream! I am also not a fan of the management style of "group decisions" and dislike what I percieve to be messed up priorities. I did not support him in his campaign and I certainly do not support him now. Having said that, there are many things to dislike him for and criticize him for, without having to make things up about him. I always form my opinions based on realities rather than perceptions. Too many here feel they must embelish somoene's shortcomings or make things up that are not true in order to make thier point. When they do that, they lose all credibility and in fact, lose it to the point that not only do people not take them seriously, they do not take anyone criticizing Mayor Ryan seriously. Know what I mean?

@

Hey! who said I was smart??!!

Actually I am - but I was just making the point. Personally I thought it was ironic and funny, but others did not see it that way - particularly Billy - and afdter all, his opinion is the only one that matters, so I will straighten up and not post stuff like that.

Many times on here I am put in the weird postion of sounding as if I am defending the mayor. When in fact, I am not a fan. If I hear one more time of "holding a conference" "information session" "symposium" on some issue effecting the city I am going to scream! I am also not a fan of the management style of "group decisions" and dislike what I percieve to be messed up priorities. I did not support him in his campaign and I certainly do not support him now. Having said that, there are many things to dislike him for and criticize him for, without having to make things up about him. I always form my opinions based on realities rather than perceptions. Too many here feel they must embelish somoene's shortcomings or make things up that are not true in order to make thier point. When they do that, they lose all credibility and in fact, lose it to the point that not only do people not take them seriously, they do not take anyone criticizing Mayor Ryan seriously. Know what I mean?

@

Thanks for your understanding. I don't think I hide my dislike for Mayor Ryan, but my warning above did not relate to content that was posted as to your like or dislike for Mr. ryan, it related to our rules here about posting about your opinions about this site and our policies. Your opinions about Ryan, the moon, the sun, how much hair your have on your rear end, etc. are welcome and as long as you keep them clean are generally left as this site is a private owned site and we extend you the privelage of posting here and will not tolerate criticisms against this site, it's staff, it's administration, owners, etc. (Per our TOS) Again thanks for your compliance and enjoy our site!

Thanks for your understanding. I don't think I hide my dislike for Mayor Ryan, but my warning above did not relate to content that was posted as to your like or dislike for Mr. ryan, it related to our rules here about posting about your opinions about this site and our policies. Your opinions about Ryan, the moon, the sun, how much hair your have on your rear end, etc. are welcome and as long as you keep them clean are generally left as this site is a private owned site and we extend you the privelage of posting here and will not tolerate criticisms against this site, it's staff, it's administration, owners, etc. (Per our TOS) Again thanks for your compliance and enjoy our site!

how much hair your have on your rear end,

No really we don't need to know that...that has to be some tos violation for even posting how much hair is on someones rear...if it isn't i motion that the tos should be amended to include that....for the love of god please. :lol: all we need is sleepless to start that thread..because you and i both know he would start that thread.

as long as you keep them clean

billy you kill joy..what fun is a clean post?

how much hair your have on your rear end,

No really we don't need to know that...that has to be some tos violation for even posting how much hair is on someones rear...if it isn't i motion that the tos should be amended to include that....for the love of god please. :lol: all we need is sleepless to start that thread..because you and i both know he would start that thread.

as long as you keep them clean

billy you kill joy..what fun is a clean post?

PT, I would never post an offensive thread like that on here...you know that! But I will tell you a true story. Several years ago , I developed a small lump on my left cheek (face), and thought it was a zit and squeezed it but nothing ever happened. Over the weeks, it gradually got larger and I started poking at it with a needle trying to drain it....nothing! Then one day, after my pokings, I noticed a small black hair was visible, and after many attempts, I finally got a hold of it with my wife's tweezers, and started pulling on it. It ended up being a 3-1/2 inch long ingrown hair...all folded and twisted. I must have cut myself shaving several months earlier and the skin grew in over the hair follacle. I didn't immediately get rid of it, but the wife finally convinced me I had no circus career with it.

PT, I would never post an offensive thread like that on here...you know that! But I will tell you a true story. Several years ago , I developed a small lump on my left cheek (face), and thought it was a zit and squeezed it but nothing ever happened. Over the weeks, it gradually got larger and I started poking at it with a needle trying to drain it....nothing! Then one day, after my pokings, I noticed a small black hair was visible, and after many attempts, I finally got a hold of it with my wife's tweezers, and started pulling on it. It ended up being a 3-1/2 inch long ingrown hair...all folded and twisted. I must have cut myself shaving several months earlier and the skin grew in over the hair follacle. I didn't immediately get rid of it, but the wife finally convinced me I had no circus career with it.

for one of the few times in my life...i don't have a response for that. :blink:

Guest Guest

Is that when the monkey appeared (?)....

:lol::lol::lol:

@

I had a real bad tooth ache once on a weekend and didn't sleep for two nights, not too long ago. I finally grabbed a hold of it at 5 AM and yanked it out...it's healed up nicely. None of my coworkers want to see it...no decay, just bad gums on my part. I keep it in a ring box from Rubie and Sons, if anybody wants to see it!

Guest country girl2

Oh my Sleepless, you are in rare form today arent you? No wonder why Barney's friend Tesata di cazzo (Jeffy) thinks you are funny.

@

Guest Guest

That's the way it is here on this site. It's OK for users to post here anonymously. As a result, you get unsupported flagrant distortions and lies hidden behind the anonymity. This is not a criticism, just the facts. I'm guessing that even though there is no intent to criticize, this post will probably be deleted and I could be banned.

Archived