How much more $ on this river "recovery"?

Guest Susquehana Swimmer

you are full of it when you say this "aint" a moral question. it absolutely is. and it shows where your morals are.

"too much value on human life" what the #$@$ is that supposed to mean? if you ask me there is not enough value on human life. we as a society have become immune and insensitive to the loss of a life whether it is by choice, by accident or by health. Someone ends their life and we are supposed to down play it and say, well he chose to end it so f--- 'em. No we need to stop and take a moment to reflect on why life is precious. This is the only life we have. how you choose to spend it is your own decision. if you feel that it is not worth your time to value your life or someone elses, that is your choice. But at least have some respect and dignity for those that do value life and will look out for others. life is about treating others well, both in life and dignity in death. no matter what the cause is. regardless of what your feelings are on this young man that jumped, remember that he was a person. he lived, he laughed, he had family and friends that care for him. and if they can recieve a little comfort to have a body, then we should try to help them.

and if the young man is still alive, he will be punished by law. So please get off of your high horse and have some respect for those that share this planet with you. rest assured that if something would happen to you, there would be plenty of people to help you, no matter what your beliefs or attitude is.

Bravo! That sums it up right there!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Anyone remember 1975?

Rockbottom dam?

Three firemen who lost their lives???????

No one wants to hear that side of the story. Three firemen,three families without a husbands,fathers,sons,brothers, We expected to sacrifice the life of our family members for some DELETED who has a fight with his girlfriend PLEEZZ

No not everyone forgot, sadly we are reminded each another DELETED does something stupid.

Guest Guest
DELETED YOU...I am a friend and have been helping I hope nothing like this ever happens to you...and if it ever does that you can re think your statement. if you were the family suffering you would want your loved one back. DELETED.

You dont think the family of the firefighters who died in the river feel the same? Just because they died doing their job doesnt make it better. It also doesnt take the pain away from the families who lost their loved Especially when it could have been avoided if the fools had just used their heads.

Guest Guest
What if he wasn't on drugs...but he had a problem with his sugar levels? What if the whole thing was caused by insulin levels being off? Then would you consider it to be suicide? Then would you consider him to have been drugged out?

That's my 2 cents to everyone that "knows" what he must have been thinking, and those that think this could only have been a self indulgent act.

@

Alcohol played a part in .IF there was a problem with his sugar he shouldnt have been drinking anyway. Self Inflicted-no sympathy

@

Guest Guest
Alcohol played a part in .IF there was a problem with his sugar he shouldnt have been drinking anyway. Self Inflicted-no sympathy

@

Absolutely.

It's much more likely that alcohol and/or drugs were a factor than blood sugar.

An overload of insulin won't make someone suicidal. An overload of booze can easily.

Guest Guest
Most of the people looking are volunteers so what are you paying for gas for the motors? They aren't using a helicopter anymore are they?

@

I suppose they are all using their own boats and equipment right?

Guest Guest
I suppose they are all using their own boats and equipment right?

Boats and helicopter were on the river today for several hours.

I know it sounds complainy but I know the same people who say

we need to do this will not like the bill we get in the end.

@

Boats and helicopter were on the river today for several hours.

I know it sounds complainy but I know the same people who say

we need to do this will not like the bill we get in the end.

@

If that was my kid it would give me closure to know that I have a body that I can buried no matter what the coast as long as they do all that they can for him. Think about this, You're son falls off a bridge by accident (I know this guy jumped but a few years ago we had a guy that was tossed into the river from his bike when he was hit by a car.) and falls into the river. He go's underwater and we are unable to find him right off the bat. A few days later you get a knock on your door saying that we have reached a 3 day max looking for your son even when we haven't even looked in 65% of the river yet. how you would feel? The point I am making is you are putting a time frame on somthing that Can't have a time frame. All parts of that river needs to be checked. At least then I would have closure even if we didn't have a body. Just knowing that people gave up there time (Paid and Volunteer's) just to look for him.

So this holy topic makes me sick. I hope to god that there are only a handful of people posting over and over again cause if most of the post on this topic bashing this recovery are made by many people then God Help Us All.

Just do us all a favor and let us know when it is your kid that jumps off a bridge so we can poke him with a stick the same way you are trying to do to this family.

@

Guest Guest
If that was my kid it would give me closure to know that I have a body that I can buried no matter what the coast as long as they do all that they can for him. Think about this, You're son falls off a bridge by accident (I know this guy jumped but a few years ago we had a guy that was tossed into the river from his bike when he was hit by a car.) and falls into the river. He go's underwater and we are unable to find him right off the bat. A few days later you get a knock on your door saying that we have reached a 3 day max looking for your son even when we haven't even looked in 65% of the river yet. how you would feel? The point I am making is you are putting a time frame on somthing that Can't have a time frame. All parts of that river needs to be checked. At least then I would have closure even if we didn't have a body. Just knowing that people gave up there time (Paid and Volunteer's) just to look for him.

So this holy topic makes me sick. I hope to god that there are only a handful of people posting over and over again cause if most of the post on this topic bashing this recovery are made by many people then God Help Us All.

Just do us all a favor and let us know when it is your kid that jumps off a bridge so we can poke him with a stick the same way you are trying to do to this family.

@

We all would want closure but after why should the publicpay for it I guarantee if the family (any family) was paying for the cost themselves the search would have ended days ago. Do what is reasonable and after that it should be up to the families. I think that because this was intentional and not an accident the family should get a bill.

We all would want closure but after why should the publicpay for it I guarantee if the family (any family) was paying for the cost themselves the search would have ended days ago. Do what is reasonable and after that it should be up to the families. I think that because this was intentional and not an accident the family should get a bill.

First of all, you are an "deleted". If it was your family member would you want a bill?

Secondly, all of you cold hearted morons on here should be happy. According to Pressconnects.com last night they ended the search yesterday. So no more of your precious tax dollars will be spent on the search.

@

Guest Guest

I can not believe this is even a topic on here. Give this poor family what the deserve, some peace and quiet! The people who were out there searching WANTED to be out their searching and if they didn't it would have ended. This poor family has to now deal with the fact that they still haven't found their loved one, and I am sure that you morons being on here talking about "their is too much value on human life" is not helping. Let is rest, and leave it alone.

Archived