Best boys soccer players ever from Section IV

Guest Guest-hal

Guest Guest

Oh! I cant stand how he hides behind his emails and his text messages!! Anyone else try to call him leave a message for him only to get an email back??? COWARD!!!! Shane doesnt care about anyone but Shane. He doesnt care about his players or about what is best for them. That includes Boughner, Illsley or any of his other pets or friends kids. Whats in it for me? How can I get attention? What can I do to get people talking about me? How can I control a situation? Thats all he cares about. He's not a good coach because hes involved for the wrong reasons. He is a bum Ive said it a million times and nothing ever happens to change how I feel. He deserves no thanks for turning a bunch of young girls lives upside down. Hes a jerk. He will spin it so that he makes himself appear to be the victimized or the right and the smart.....when really, all he is, is the problem. The ongoing problem.

How does Boughner and Illsley get into the discussion? Who are they and what did he do to them?

On another note...Shane wouldn't create half the problems he has in the community if he would stick to doing what he does best. He ought to quit coaching, quit trying to be in control of every soccer organization of any value, and quit using players to gain his own prestige surrounding winning. Shane is great at sniffing talent and persuading them to come and play for his team or organization, in other words, he is a great recruiter. If he just stuck to that vocation, to find talent for certain teams, it might really work out for him and others.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Only thing I dont agree with is the guy really dosent seem to be a coward, If you want to talk to him simply drive up to the dome. Other than that I agree with everything thats been said on here. I for one have nothing to say to the guy, the damage is already done and theres nothing anyone can do about it

[/quote

He is a bully, he is a coward. Have you ever tried to get a straight answer from him? I have had two dealings with him, and he was a jerk in the first, and an out right liar in the second. Why would anyone want to drive up to the Dome to talk to him? They can go to Al & Sherry's and hang out there with him. But, going anywhere to talk to him is a waste of your time.

Guest america east

Who ever said that BU is a top 20 school is mistaken. More like top 75, which is still good, but more indicative of the weak league they play in.

Guest soccer

This is not true....the A/E is ranked in the top 10 of 23 D1 leagues every year. Binghamton U/UMBC/Boston U/Stoney Brook and NH 8 all ranked in top 80 in country this past year....that's 5 of the 8 teams in the league in or around the top 1/3 of D1 Men's soccer.

The A/E is a strong conference and one of if no the top "mid-major" conference any given year.

Who ever said that BU is a top 20 school is mistaken. More like top 75, which is still good, but more indicative of the weak league they play in.

Guest Guest

This is not true....the A/E is ranked in the top 10 of 23 D1 leagues every year. Binghamton U/UMBC/Boston U/Stoney Brook and NH 8 all ranked in top 80 in country this past year....that's 5 of the 8 teams in the league in or around the top 1/3 of D1 Men's soccer.

The A/E is a strong conference and one of if no the top "mid-major" conference any given year.

I believe the weak conference comment was referring to the women's side and the weakness of the conference in which Boston University plays. In the final NCAA rankings Boston University was #43, while Binghamton, Vermont, and UMBC ranked 303, 305, and 315, respectively, out of 322 teams. Of the rest, no America East team broke the top 200 (219, 220, 228, 234, and 245).

Guest Guest

How does Boughner and Illsley get into the discussion? Who are they and what did he do to them?

On another note...Shane wouldn't create half the problems he has in the community if he would stick to doing what he does best. He ought to quit coaching, quit trying to be in control of every soccer organization of any value, and quit using players to gain his own prestige surrounding winning. Shane is great at sniffing talent and persuading them to come and play for his team or organization, in other words, he is a great recruiter. If he just stuck to that vocation, to find talent for certain teams, it might really work out for him and others.

You obviously haven't seen his recruiting skills at BCC then, he is losing players left and right because of his reputation and lack of coaching ability. I've talked to Andy Davis and he's very happy to keep Cook at BCC its a great way for him to get good players from this area. Possibly this season Cook will actually get a GK to his team LOL

Guest Guest

You obviously haven't seen his recruiting skills at BCC then, he is losing players left and right because of his reputation and lack of coaching ability. I've talked to Andy Davis and he's very happy to keep Cook at BCC its a great way for him to get good players from this area. Possibly this season Cook will actually get a GK to his team LOL

You make my point...he needs to stop coaching. That's when it all goes downhill. He has an eye for talent, though. He's a good scout. He just needs to leave it at that.

Guest Guest

You make my point...he needs to stop coaching. That's when it all goes downhill. He has an eye for talent, though. He's a good scout. He just needs to leave it at that.

Guest Guest

I wouldn't even say he's a good scout. He has an eye for the obvious.

Guest Guest

I wouldn't even say he's a good scout. He has an eye for the obvious.

From what I understand United FC may be in for a big suprise by summer

Guest soccer-guest

Got it....sorry, I didn't follow the thread correctly. The Man's side is very good....BU this year played five ranked teams....2 that reached final 16 and 5 players from teams that got drafted from UMBC.

I believe the weak conference comment was referring to the women's side and the weakness of the conference in which Boston University plays. In the final NCAA rankings Boston University was #43, while Binghamton, Vermont, and UMBC ranked 303, 305, and 315, respectively, out of 322 teams. Of the rest, no America East team broke the top 200 (219, 220, 228, 234, and 245).

Guest Guest

From what I understand United FC may be in for a big suprise by summer

why? sponsors pull out? people not jumping ship to best soccer CLUB in New York State?

Guest Guest

GBSA is not going to join UFC. The president of GBSA told Darpino today they are not joining.

Ouch, guess the higher costs and controversy weren't something everyone would overlook. So the group has now been spurned by BC United, GBSA, VYSA who exactly is going to be joining the super club other than the Fusion kids?

Guest Guest

Ouch, guess the higher costs and controversy weren't something everyone would overlook. So the group has now been spurned by BC United, GBSA, VYSA who exactly is going to be joining the super club other than the Fusion kids?

Fusion isn't joining; it's being forced to join. But,if everyone is dropping it--BC United refused UFC's threat/offer, and VYSA is now joining BC United, will Fusion be the only teams to be in the mess of UFC?

Guest Guest

Fusion isn't joining; it's being forced to join. But,if everyone is dropping it--BC United refused UFC's threat/offer, and VYSA is now joining BC United, will Fusion be the only teams to be in the mess of UFC?

The Fusion teams are being forced to join, nobody said the fusion kids were joining? They might end up with very short rousters. Wouldnt it be a shame if they went broke the first year

Guest Guest

VYSA will not be joining BC United they were asked to consider it and thats where it ended. They have no need or desire to take a very sound club and add the problems that BC United is facing at this time.

Guest Guest

VYSA will not be joining BC United they were asked to consider it and thats where it ended. They have no need or desire to take a very sound club and add the problems that BC United is facing at this time.

They will all join united, where would they train and whos gonna train them?? The United premier teams will be the same as the fusion teams only with more club players to help pay the bills. Sounds good to me

Guest Guest

They will all join united, where would they train and whos gonna train them?? The United premier teams will be the same as the fusion teams only with more club players to help pay the bills. Sounds good to me

I can promise you the majority of VYSA is not going to United FC or BC United. Yes Darpinos teams are leaving because he bought into Shane's load of BS, but the rest of the club was smart enough to stay away from Shane for a long time and will continue to do so.

Guest Guest

I can promise you the majority of VYSA is not going to United FC or BC United. Yes Darpinos teams are leaving because he bought into Shane's load of BS, but the rest of the club was smart enough to stay away from Shane for a long time and will continue to do so.

Is this the same vestal club he runs training for your referring to? Dosent seem like their staying to far away? I must say the biggest potential downfall of the new club would be letting Vestal anywheres near it. Omit Vestal and it might actually make it

Guest Guest

Is this the same vestal club he runs training for your referring to? Dosent seem like their staying to far away? I must say the biggest potential downfall of the new club would be letting Vestal anywheres near it. Omit Vestal and it might actually make it

he runs the training for two teams. my kids teams have never seen him there and don't want to either

Guest Guest

he runs the training for two teams. my kids teams have never seen him there and don't want to either

He runs the training for dozens upon dozens of kids, dont tell me two teams Im there on weeknights. Sad part is hes relinquished himself to training vestal kids, what a loser! Apparently your kids arent up to the level being trained, who trains them Antonokis with all his knowledge??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Archived