Best boys soccer players ever from Section IV

Guest Guest-hal

Guest Guest

LOL at you Cook haters obsessed with how good or bad his U9 team was 10 years ago. Get a life. I'm sorry that you always lost to him, or that he cut your daughter in Fusion U12, or that he didn't start your daughter in a game 7 years ago. It's time to move on people.

Whoa, way off base on this one. Not one of my kids ever lost to his team or was even cut by him. If you ever talk to a Flame family, it was a traumatic experience. I'm not sure why, but it left a bitter taste in their mouths and Cook's. I always hear about how Fusion destroyed the Flames (talk about people not moving on) because a few families wanted a different coach, etc for their girls. And, look who his biggest supporters are: it's the flames parents. I just don't understand why: he has a lousy high school record, a crappy BCC record, and let's not forget his rinky dink "All-Star" trips to Europe. Having seen and heard him talk about Fusion, BC United, etc. it's obvious he has a lot of excess baggage, and he's just not into coaching for the love of it.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, way off base on this one. Not one of my kids ever lost to his team or was even cut by him. If you ever talk to a Flame family, it was a traumatic experience. I'm not sure why, but it left a bitter taste in their mouths and Cook's. I always hear about how Fusion destroyed the Flames (talk about people not moving on) because a few families wanted a different coach, etc for their girls. And, look who his biggest supporters are: it's the flames parents. I just don't understand why: he has a lousy high school record, a crappy BCC record, and let's not forget his rinky dink "All-Star" trips to Europe. Having seen and heard him talk about Fusion, BC United, etc. it's obvious he has a lot of excess baggage, and he's just not into coaching for the love of it.

Actually your post just proved that I was absolutely correct in my diagnosis of your obsession with Cook.

1. "I always hear" your obsessed

2. "Not one of my kids ever lost to his team or was even cut by him" Then how do you know or even care of him? Obsession

3. "Lousy highschool record" He had a great high school record and built that program, the success they had this year are remnants of what he built. Wait and see how bad Forks will be the next few years, now that all his players have graduated. Once again skewing facts = obsession

Please get on with your life. Even losers like yourself can turn things around. Keep on truckin little fella, there's always hope out there.

Guest Guest

Actually your post just proved that I was absolutely correct in my diagnosis of your obsession with Cook.

1. "I always hear" your obsessed

2. "Not one of my kids ever lost to his team or was even cut by him" Then how do you know or even care of him? Obsession

3. "Lousy highschool record" He had a great high school record and built that program, the success they had this year are remnants of what he built. Wait and see how bad Forks will be the next few years, now that all his players have graduated. Once again skewing facts = obsession

Please get on with your life. Even losers like yourself can turn things around. Keep on truckin little fella, there's always hope out there.

Why did he stop coaching at the high school level?

And, since he keeps hanging around the Dome and trying to prove what a great coach he is, it's hard to see and hear about his lastest attempts at greatest: United FC

Guest Guest

Probably because he got a college coaching gig. Stop the insanity nut job, your just coming across dumb now.

Guest Guest

And, since he keeps hanging around the Dome and trying to prove what a great coach he is, it's hard to see and hear about his lastest attempts at greatest: United FC

Why don't you just borrow a pair of nutz from your wife, and a step stool from the dome closet and go ask him?

Guest Glope balance

Probably because he got a college coaching gig. Stop the insanity nut job, your just coming across dumb now.

it's only BCC, not even D3

Guest Guest

it's only BCC, not even D3

Facts are facts. BC is a much smaller club BUT in 2010 Empire Syracuse entered 10 teams in state cup competition and only 5 even made it to the final four, Fusion entered 7 teams and 4 made it to the final 4. I dont even think you can include Empire syracuse when talking of Roch and Buffalo, and Buffalos record isnt that great either. Straight from the NYW website. Why with so much larger of a player pool couldnt Empire Syracuse get more than 50% of there teams to the final 4? Especially since as you say NYW is very weak. Your argument for Empire Syracuse has no merit, And might I add it was especially sweet when the Fusion u14 girls knocked Empire syracuse out of playdowns after a couple of there players left for there. Why arent these girls still there they definately were the cream of the crop on the Syracuse team and still left after only one year. Could it be that Empire blows smoke out of the same pipe as cook.

Guest Guest

Facts are facts. BC is a much smaller club BUT in 2010 Empire Syracuse entered 10 teams in state cup competition and only 5 even made it to the final four, Fusion entered 7 teams and 4 made it to the final 4. I dont even think you can include Empire syracuse when talking of Roch and Buffalo, and Buffalos record isnt that great either. Straight from the NYW website. Why with so much larger of a player pool couldnt Empire Syracuse get more than 50% of there teams to the final 4? Especially since as you say NYW is very weak. Your argument for Empire Syracuse has no merit, And might I add it was especially sweet when the Fusion u14 girls knocked Empire syracuse out of playdowns after a couple of there players left for there. Why arent these girls still there they definately were the cream of the crop on the Syracuse team and still left after only one year. Could it be that Empire blows smoke out of the same pipe as cook.

You are right. But sometimes the girls and boys grow up and a team that was great one year, isn't so the next few.

Guest Guest

Kylie Strom left a team that would go on to win 2 NYSW State Cups back to back (but the team was going to be forced to split), she left to go to an older team that was a National Championship level team.

The Binghamton Boys side did not have a deeper or stronger pool that is a load of BS that is being fed because Fusion won a State Cup on the boys side for the first time in almost 20 years with that group. The truth of the matter is that the Boys Side in Syracuse and Rochester is far deeper than Binghamton. Syracuse area alone placed players at 7 different D1 schools last season, Binghamton wasn't even close to that number. Those players were split amongst different clubs and 2 or 3 of the players weren't even training for State Cup as they focused on US Teams (Gale A., Zander E. etc) Our clubs have never put out multiple national team level candidates in the same year

The Fusion boys program was doing great upon its inception until the program was pressured to start a girls side. That, in my opinion, was the demise of the whole program. The Fusion boys who were selected from across the southern tier of NYS could really hold up against the competition. Unfortunately, as the program began to grow, it became more of a high paid club level program rather than the select program it started out to be. When the girls side started, there was no real coaching interest in it. The Flames were the best girls team in the area under Cook and the unfortunate part is that the Fusion made all those Flames girls play age appropriate and so they split up the Flames team. This caused them to take other players that were not as strong in order to foster both teams. This was part of their demise! The politics surrounding Cook also strongly contributed and certainly created much rift in the community with the Fusion program as a whole. Back to the Flames, there were a ton of strong players on that Flames team. Kylie Strom wasn't the only strong player. The whole team was strong. Rather than take their kids to Syracuse, the parents should have demanded that the original Flames team stay together, find a committed coach that could take them to the next level and bring on other strong players to fortify the team in the way that the Syracuse team did. Players like Strom that left the Fusion went on to better themselves, but helped to destroy any chances for their local community to advance. That's a shame because there was so much local talent on the girls side. I have no doubt that had that team stayed together, they would have won a few back to back state cups.

Guest Guest

The Fusion boys program was doing great upon its inception until the program was pressured to start a girls side. That, in my opinion, was the demise of the whole program. The Fusion boys who were selected from across the southern tier of NYS could really hold up against the competition. Unfortunately, as the program began to grow, it became more of a high paid club level program rather than the select program it started out to be. When the girls side started, there was no real coaching interest in it. The Flames were the best girls team in the area under Cook and the unfortunate part is that the Fusion made all those Flames girls play age appropriate and so they split up the Flames team. This caused them to take other players that were not as strong in order to foster both teams. This was part of their demise! The politics surrounding Cook also strongly contributed and certainly created much rift in the community with the Fusion program as a whole. Back to the Flames, there were a ton of strong players on that Flames team. Kylie Strom wasn't the only strong player. The whole team was strong. Rather than take their kids to Syracuse, the parents should have demanded that the original Flames team stay together, find a committed coach that could take them to the next level and bring on other strong players to fortify the team in the way that the Syracuse team did. Players like Strom that left the Fusion went on to better themselves, but helped to destroy any chances for their local community to advance. That's a shame because there was so much local talent on the girls side. I have no doubt that had that team stayed together, they would have won a few back to back state cups.

Agree with most of what you've written, but the Flames could not have stayed together and win a state cup because of the different age groups on the team. NYW would not accept the team for state cup play with the different age groupings. What happened to the Flames is what would have happened anyways if the team had wanted to compete at the next level.

Guest Guest

Funny how history repeats itself, or should I say Cook just never learns. The Fusion girls side might have a team that can finally compete with the U15s under Sarah and once again it just cant be left alone. This team is definately their best since the state cup champs from years back and cook sends his Email mid season as some sort of ploy to destroy that team also. It sounds to me like the parents of these players should take notice of what you just said and simply take the whole team and not join United fc and find another club to register the team under and find a capable coach. The worst part for this team is cook has them cornered just like everyone else, If they leave Cook has their coach who they arent ready to give up and has the dome in his back pocket so if they did so they cant train. The Empire Syracuse team at this age is terrible and the Elmira team is worse yet, so in turn there is no place for these girls to go. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN SHANE COOK FOR TURNING A BUNCH OF YOUNG GIRLS LIVES UPSIDE DOWN.

Guest Guest

Funny how history repeats itself, or should I say Cook just never learns. The Fusion girls side might have a team that can finally compete with the U15s under Sarah and once again it just cant be left alone. This team is definately their best since the state cup champs from years back and cook sends his Email mid season as some sort of ploy to destroy that team also. It sounds to me like the parents of these players should take notice of what you just said and simply take the whole team and not join United fc and find another club to register the team under and find a capable coach. The worst part for this team is cook has them cornered just like everyone else, If they leave Cook has their coach who they arent ready to give up and has the dome in his back pocket so if they did so they cant train. The Empire Syracuse team at this age is terrible and the Elmira team is worse yet, so in turn there is no place for these girls to go. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN SHANE COOK FOR TURNING A BUNCH OF YOUNG GIRLS LIVES UPSIDE DOWN.

You're so right. He, Darpino and Purtell have created this new club, and are forcing the Fusion teams to join it.

Guest Guest

The interesting thing about all of this is that the players from Strom's Syracuse team, including Strom, didn't end up going any farther than the girls from the Fusion team. Some of the girls from the Syracuse team went to play for DI, DII, or DIII schools but so did many players from the Fusion team. Some are even going to the same schools. So taking your kid to Syracuse or Rochester didn't really buy you any more than leaving your kid on Fusion. There is a local post, it might be on the Fusion website, that will show how many players from Fusion ended up playing in college. Taking your kid to Syracuse was a big waste of money in that regard. Perhaps it bought different playing opportunities out of state and state cup wins, but as far as the results go, not much better. BU is a good team, but they don't see a whole lot of competition in their league. That makes it easy to get to the NCAA first round, but not any farther.

Guest Guest

The interesting thing about all of this is that the players from Strom's Syracuse team, including Strom, didn't end up going any farther than the girls from the Fusion team. Some of the girls from the Syracuse team went to play for DI, DII, or DIII schools but so did many players from the Fusion team. Some are even going to the same schools. So taking your kid to Syracuse or Rochester didn't really buy you any more than leaving your kid on Fusion. There is a local post, it might be on the Fusion website, that will show how many players from Fusion ended up playing in college. Taking your kid to Syracuse was a big waste of money in that regard. Perhaps it bought different playing opportunities out of state and state cup wins, but as far as the results go, not much better. BU is a good team, but they don't see a whole lot of competition in their league. That makes it easy to get to the NCAA first round, but not any farther.

Who ever said that BU is a top 20 school is mistaken. More like top 75, which is still good, but more indicative of the weak league they play in.

Guest Guest

You're so right. He, Darpino and Purtell have created this new club, and are forcing the Fusion teams to join it.

Funny thing is what could Purtell possibly have to gain? If im not mistaken his daughter is on an incredibly talented team at Empire syracuse with one of the most qualified coaches in region 1?

Guest Guest

Agree with most of what you've written, but the Flames could not have stayed together and win a state cup because of the different age groups on the team. NYW would not accept the team for state cup play with the different age groupings. What happened to the Flames is what would have happened anyways if the team had wanted to compete at the next level.

Not necessarily. Had the Flames stayed together and played at their original level, they would have been fine. Younger girls can play up. And had they done that in Fusion, they would have been just fine. Playing up would have worked well for them. Many of the original Flames players are now at Di and DII schools. There might be as many or maybe even more than players from Syracuse or Rochester or Buffalo. Again, it's just a shame that this team of girls wasn't properly nurtured and that parents gave up rather than tried to find a different way to keep them all together. There was also a team of girls called the Comets. The parents of these girls did what they could to keep them all together and keep them competitive. A few girls from that team also play(ed) collegiately.

Guest Guest

Funny thing is what could Purtell possibly have to gain? If im not mistaken his daughter is on an incredibly talented team at Empire syracuse with one of the most qualified coaches in region 1?

That's probably true, but I hear that he's not a big fan of Marco's and wanted John Scott to coach his son's team.

Guest Guest

That's probably true, but I hear that he's not a big fan of Marco's and wanted John Scott to coach his son's team.

It dosent sound like there are to many Marco fans out there, the guy looks gay to me

Guest Guest

It dosent sound like there are to many Marco fans out there, the guy looks gay to me

Marco and Scott worked well together and did great things with the BU men's team. They got off to a great start with the Fusion program until the community started making too many demands on them. They never should have been asked to start up a girls side. In the end it broke up a good duo. Scott was a huge loss to this community! But, I don't blame him for leaving. Please don't respond to my post if all you have is negative comments. I'm not interested in them.

Guest Guest

Marco and Scott worked well together and did great things with the BU men's team. They got off to a great start with the Fusion program until the community started making too many demands on them. They never should have been asked to start up a girls side. In the end it broke up a good duo. Scott was a huge loss to this community! But, I don't blame him for leaving. Please don't respond to my post if all you have is negative comments. I'm not interested in them.

Could you please elaborate on what you are saying? As far as I can remember neither ever had anything to do with the girls side. I realize Paul is the head honcho at fusion but in reality he never paid any attention to the girls side once o ever and neither did Scott. The girls side at fusion struggled because of piss poor coaching and to many parents involved and on the wrong side of the field which they still have today. This in itself keeps players away and makes it very hard for them to field a quality team.

Guest Guest

Could you please elaborate on what you are saying? As far as I can remember neither ever had anything to do with the girls side. I realize Paul is the head honcho at fusion but in reality he never paid any attention to the girls side once o ever and neither did Scott. The girls side at fusion struggled because of piss poor coaching and to many parents involved and on the wrong side of the field which they still have today. This in itself keeps players away and makes it very hard for them to field a quality team.

You have elaborated well.

Guest Guest

Oh! I cant stand how he hides behind his emails and his text messages!! Anyone else try to call him leave a message for him only to get an email back??? COWARD!!!! Shane doesnt care about anyone but Shane. He doesnt care about his players or about what is best for them. That includes Boughner, Illsley or any of his other pets or friends kids. Whats in it for me? How can I get attention? What can I do to get people talking about me? How can I control a situation? Thats all he cares about. He's not a good coach because hes involved for the wrong reasons. He is a bum Ive said it a million times and nothing ever happens to change how I feel. He deserves no thanks for turning a bunch of young girls lives upside down. Hes a jerk. He will spin it so that he makes himself appear to be the victimized or the right and the smart.....when really, all he is, is the problem. The ongoing problem.

Guest Guest

Oh! I cant stand how he hides behind his emails and his text messages!! Anyone else try to call him leave a message for him only to get an email back??? COWARD!!!! Shane doesnt care about anyone but Shane. He doesnt care about his players or about what is best for them. That includes Boughner, Illsley or any of his other pets or friends kids. Whats in it for me? How can I get attention? What can I do to get people talking about me? How can I control a situation? Thats all he cares about. He's not a good coach because hes involved for the wrong reasons. He is a bum Ive said it a million times and nothing ever happens to change how I feel. He deserves no thanks for turning a bunch of young girls lives upside down. Hes a jerk. He will spin it so that he makes himself appear to be the victimized or the right and the smart.....when really, all he is, is the problem. The ongoing problem.

Thanks Donna. The only thing I agree with is the part where you say "I've said it a million times". and Now hurry up and go refill your prescription, your falling off the deep end again. You know this happens everytime you stop taking your medication.

Guest Guest

Only thing I dont agree with is the guy really dosent seem to be a coward, If you want to talk to him simply drive up to the dome. Other than that I agree with everything thats been said on here. I for one have nothing to say to the guy, the damage is already done and theres nothing anyone can do about it

Archived