Best boys soccer players ever from Section IV

Guest Guest-hal

Guest Guest

Quit your crying Victor, you angry gnome! How will this new club ever survive without your guidance?

How come you haven't answered any of the reasonable questions about the new club? You've done a lot of name calling and throwing insults, but what else?

Again, if Shane Cook is such a great coach, why has he not had another team like the Blaze? To be honest, BCC men's team has been lackluster under his supervision, and I've yet to see a superstar loaded girls team like the Blaze happen again. And, for the record, I think he was a lousy BC United President who caused the first wave of families and parents to leave the organization.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Merlin

The blaze? Really? You don't even know what you are talking about.

They were called the Flames. Nice try though, maybe you should sit the next one out.

Shane has been successful at every level for a long time. When you are that successful in this area for as long as he has been, you get a lot of envy. Lots of envy from parents posing as coaches that lost a lot to Cook's teams.

What other questions would you like me to answer. Obviously you have no idea what you are babbling about and I would like to help educate the uneducated.

Guest Guest

ok. sorry mom. You know best. The current setup has been such a huge success, let's leave it like it is. This way your daughter doesn't get cut when the pool of players gets bigger.

Everyone wins!

Why would her daughter get cut, even if the pool gets bigger it certainly wont be with strong players. GBSA might have one player that is maybe premier level and vestal might have, well none to be honest. Are you insinuating that there might be some politics in the new club?

One point your all missing is the kids need to start playing at a higher level younger or the area will never get better. This merger will not effect the kids playing now it will help the younger players and future teams. Fusion already has the top players, and yes I will agree its because they take the best players and definately not because of any training they get there. Their players play against better players and play twice as much, obviously they get better.

Guest Guest

They were called the Flames. Nice try though, maybe you should sit the next one out.

Shane has been successful at every level for a long time. When you are that successful in this area for as long as he has been, you get a lot of envy. Lots of envy from parents posing as coaches that lost a lot to Cook's teams.

What other questions would you like me to answer. Obviously you have no idea what you are babbling about and I would like to help educate the uneducated.

Why does his girls fusion team suck so bad then? Is it because he cant coach or because players wont play for him? Lets see how many wins he coaches the vestal team to this year. Any answers for this?

Guest Guest

Quit your crying Victor, you angry gnome! How will this new club ever survive without your guidance?

He called victor a gnome BAHAHAHAHA! You guys finally figured out who the cook bashers are, the gnome and his wife

Guest Guest

You have to be on drugs. Successful at every level? Club soccer coach? BFD. Coach of a mediocre junior college? BFD. This is success? He is a small town coach with delusions of grandeur. As one poster stated, if he's so great, why is he still coaching clubs and BCC? Why hasn't some big D1 school snapped him up for their Women's or Men's teams?

Envy has nothing to do with his soccer career.

Guest Guest

He called victor a gnome BAHAHAHAHA! You guys finally figured out who the cook bashers are, the gnome and his wife

I hate to pop your bubble, the list is a lot longer than 2 people.

Guest Guest

Shane has been the least successful Mens Coach at BCC in the last 20 years, its very sad that Ed Dub and John Herzing had more success than he has given his "coaching skill". Al Labarbera knew what it took to win at that level more than anything else, the ability to get kids to want to play for you. Al would lose 1-2 kids every other year that headed to Herkimer to earn a D1 or D2 scholarship and to play for national titles. BCC is never going to be able to do that year in and out, Al realized to be strong he needed to fill the roster with as much talent as he could, while not griping about losing players to Pepe. Shane blames anothers guys success (Pepe) for his failures, despite the fact he has lost far fewer players there than Al ever did.

Shane seemingly talk to players from BCC the majority think he's a joke. Why did Wagstaff and Economu go to TC3 leaving him with a field player in goal? Where was Wells from Vestal, he quit because Cook couldn't find a way to handle 2 goalies on his roster. His management skills are awful at best, thats what he has failed to realize he needs to focus on. When he can actually fill a roster with talent he might have a chance at success. I say might because he did have talent 2 years ago, but he lost to TC3 and their 1 man team because he couldn't figure out how to configure his line-up. He kept his favorite (and probably third best center back on his roster) in the center back and that guy getting abused was a huge reason for the loss. Don't worry Shane blamed that loss on poor officiating, you can look it up.

Shane has not had travel succcess in the past 5 years, its been that long since he coached the Flames. After he was forced out the Flames went on two win 2 State Cups without him and then Fusion destroyed the team. Lets not forget the full team that left Fusion to get away from his coaching 4 years ago, they happily went back to club soccer and the core group won a STAC title with Owego this year.

His HS success was limited, 1 division title constantly losing to Seton a team he had more talent than on his roster but he couldn't get past Bellingham. He didn't win the crown until she graduated and he convinced Illsley's family to transfer her to Forks from CV. His replacement has had more success than he did there so I don't say he was a great coach, the facts don't support it.

Guest Guest

As far as the Riley academy, it is included in the price. Nobody has to pay for it. Your facts as always are skewed to cut down the people that you are intimidated by.

This neew club is long overdue, and the pretenders in this area are very jealous of it. I expect to be reading a lot of garbage from the area's soccer moms and dads that don't know squat about premier soccer. I also expect to read many more lucid rants from you Tom.

I'm not Tom first of all, sorry you can't pin down the list of Shane haters and people who feel the new club is not the greatest thing to come down the pipe and save local soccer to just a few people there are many more of us out there.

The cost for the Footskills will be there, just hidden in your club costs, not a separate fee. Its still a price many people will not be able to afford. Someone has to pay for it or Chris Riley is making the biggest business error ever giving away his services that he is charging everyone else for. Didn't skew any facts to scare people just stating something I have said all along, many kids were priced out of Fusion and will be by this club as well. Its a long held top complaint of soccer in the USA, too many people worried about making dollars and top players being missed because of it.

As for me and my worthless rants and not knowing about Premier Soccer here's my facts- 1 State Cup Title as a player, Division 1 soccer scholarship, All- Rookie and All -Conference honors in college, three State Cup Final 4 runs as a coach so far and I am still coaching. I have more than enough soccer knowledge and will continue to voice my opinion to anyone who asks for it. I've already told one of the United FC key players I thought the merger of BC United/Vestal would have been bad and he was unhappy to hear it. He tried to convince me otherwise and I heard is arguments but I don't buy it. For the very few kids locally that truly deserve to be playing Premier soccer they should head to Empire to train with the others at that level.

Guest hey zeus

I'm not Tom first of all, sorry you can't pin down the list of Shane haters and people who feel the new club is not the greatest thing to come down the pipe and save local soccer to just a few people there are many more of us out there.

The cost for the Footskills will be there, just hidden in your club costs, not a separate fee. Its still a price many people will not be able to afford. Someone has to pay for it or Chris Riley is making the biggest business error ever giving away his services that he is charging everyone else for. Didn't skew any facts to scare people just stating something I have said all along, many kids were priced out of Fusion and will be by this club as well. Its a long held top complaint of soccer in the USA, too many people worried about making dollars and top players being missed because of it.

As for me and my worthless rants and not knowing about Premier Soccer here's my facts- 1 State Cup Title as a player, Division 1 soccer scholarship, All- Rookie and All -Conference honors in college, three State Cup Final 4 runs as a coach so far and I am still coaching. I have more than enough soccer knowledge and will continue to voice my opinion to anyone who asks for it. I've already told one of the United FC key players I thought the merger of BC United/Vestal would have been bad and he was unhappy to hear it. He tried to convince me otherwise and I heard is arguments but I don't buy it. For the very few kids locally that truly deserve to be playing Premier soccer they should head to Empire to train with the others at that level.

Liar! You really think anyone believes this horsecrap? What's your solution Jesus? We are dying to hear it. Can you walk across the ocean or part it and come show the community how we should be running soccer?

Guest Guest

Shane has been the least successful Mens Coach at BCC in the last 20 years, its very sad that Ed Dub and John Herzing had more success than he has given his "coaching skill". Al Labarbera knew what it took to win at that level more than anything else, the ability to get kids to want to play for you. Al would lose 1-2 kids every other year that headed to Herkimer to earn a D1 or D2 scholarship and to play for national titles. BCC is never going to be able to do that year in and out, Al realized to be strong he needed to fill the roster with as much talent as he could, while not griping about losing players to Pepe. Shane blames anothers guys success (Pepe) for his failures, despite the fact he has lost far fewer players there than Al ever did.

Shane seemingly talk to players from BCC the majority think he's a joke. Why did Wagstaff and Economu go to TC3 leaving him with a field player in goal? Where was Wells from Vestal, he quit because Cook couldn't find a way to handle 2 goalies on his roster. His management skills are awful at best, thats what he has failed to realize he needs to focus on. When he can actually fill a roster with talent he might have a chance at success. I say might because he did have talent 2 years ago, but he lost to TC3 and their 1 man team because he couldn't figure out how to configure his line-up. He kept his favorite (and probably third best center back on his roster) in the center back and that guy getting abused was a huge reason for the loss. Don't worry Shane blamed that loss on poor officiating, you can look it up.

Shane has not had travel succcess in the past 5 years, its been that long since he coached the Flames. After he was forced out the Flames went on two win 2 State Cups without him and then Fusion destroyed the team. Lets not forget the full team that left Fusion to get away from his coaching 4 years ago, they happily went back to club soccer and the core group won a STAC title with Owego this year.

His HS success was limited, 1 division title constantly losing to Seton a team he had more talent than on his roster but he couldn't get past Bellingham. He didn't win the crown until she graduated and he convinced Illsley's family to transfer her to Forks from CV. His replacement has had more success than he did there so I don't say he was a great coach, the facts don't support it.

Fusion did not destroy the team, though Jeff Leightman was awful at best. The Flames team started to play against equally good or even better teams. Also, the girls reached the ODP level and found better coaching and better teams in Syracuse and Rochester.

Guest Guest

You are so right; especially the last sentence ..."for the very few kids locally that truly deserve to be playing Premier". People here just don't get the level of play and skills needed to play at the premier level, they think everybody is good and should play at that level. Fusion was a rude awakening to many parents and disappointed players.

Guest Guest

Liar! You really think anyone believes this horsecrap? What's your solution Jesus? We are dying to hear it. Can you walk across the ocean or part it and come show the community how we should be running soccer?

Uh he might not be lying, there is a coach in NYW that fits that description. Im sure one of you must be able to figure it out

Guest Guest

You are so right; especially the last sentence ..."for the very few kids locally that truly deserve to be playing Premier". People here just don't get the level of play and skills needed to play at the premier level, they think everybody is good and should play at that level. Fusion was a rude awakening to many parents and disappointed players.

Which state cup champion team were al the disapointed players on?

Guest Guest

What a dumb butt answer; insultingly as usual. I can't wait to see how this new club will do; BC United had excellent reasons for letting Shane go. And, if I ran a club, the first thing I wouldn't do is hire one of the worst coaches in the area to run it.

Guest Guest

Uh he might not be lying, there is a coach in NYW that fits that description. Im sure one of you must be able to figure it out

Please enlighten us. Doubt you will though cuz your full of crap.

Guest Guest

I posted the solution in my arguments if you could take some time and think about it instead of just trying to throw out a "Liar, liar pants on fire" type quote you might have gotten it. Our area does not need a true premier soccer program we don't have the population base to support it properly (as it has been pointed out many times). The best way for our area to build soccer and to have more success is to provide small local based clubs that can serve more kids in a cost effective manner. For the kids that want to train more, the Footskills Academy is a good start and it offers a great platform. The real key to getting younger players better is proper touches on the ball more often, and developing a love for the game. Its not paying more money to claim you are a "Premier Player" when we all agree dozens of our local premier team players have never been at that level.

Don't mistake Fusion winning u18 Boys State Cups as the program producing great players. Yes those teams won, they used the same formula as the BU Mens team, destructive soccer that makes it tough on the opposition to score and try to get a goal to win. Its an ages old philosophy for how areas like ours can compete with areas that have more population and by that fact more soccer talent. When you finally see Fusion players being recruited by bigger stronger soccer schools then we will see me admit that the talent changed. Our top local player to go to a higher level school trained in Syracuse after she turned 14. Thats what she needed to do to get what was right for her.

I don't claim to be anything more than someone who can see through the BS that the United FC and Fusion lovers have been trying shovel at you all for years. You need to understand that in the 1980's when we had a bigger population and more soccer players there were locals on top 20 college rosters like Hartwick, Army, Navy, Notre Dame, Clemson, Carolina etc.. the reason why was numbers more kids meant our odds of having better athletes was there. Still in the 1990's we had players going to Bowling Green, Wright St, Buffalo, LIU, West Virginia, not top 20 teams but still solid Division 1 programs. As our population continued to decline our talent went down and the recruiters stop seeing the players at that level. Fusion gets kids to Binghamton or other schools that are local. Sorry but they haven't produced more talent, its actually less because they had less talent to start with. Yes local soccer is more skillful than earlier generations, but all sports are, its called evolution.

Guest Guest

hey dumbo's! this thread is about the greatest soccer players ever to come out of Section 4. Take your personal vendetta about stupid club teams or who is/was the best coach at BCC or whatever club team to a different thread. You are spamming this topic! You morons!

Guest Guest

I posted the solution in my arguments if you could take some time and think about it instead of just trying to throw out a "Liar, liar pants on fire" type quote you might have gotten it. Our area does not need a true premier soccer program we don't have the population base to support it properly (as it has been pointed out many times). The best way for our area to build soccer and to have more success is to provide small local based clubs that can serve more kids in a cost effective manner. For the kids that want to train more, the Footskills Academy is a good start and it offers a great platform. The real key to getting younger players better is proper touches on the ball more often, and developing a love for the game. Its not paying more money to claim you are a "Premier Player" when we all agree dozens of our local premier team players have never been at that level.

Don't mistake Fusion winning u18 Boys State Cups as the program producing great players. Yes those teams won, they used the same formula as the BU Mens team, destructive soccer that makes it tough on the opposition to score and try to get a goal to win. Its an ages old philosophy for how areas like ours can compete with areas that have more population and by that fact more soccer talent. When you finally see Fusion players being recruited by bigger stronger soccer schools then we will see me admit that the talent changed. Our top local player to go to a higher level school trained in Syracuse after she turned 14. Thats what she needed to do to get what was right for her.

I don't claim to be anything more than someone who can see through the BS that the United FC and Fusion lovers have been trying shovel at you all for years. You need to understand that in the 1980's when we had a bigger population and more soccer players there were locals on top 20 college rosters like Hartwick, Army, Navy, Notre Dame, Clemson, Carolina etc.. the reason why was numbers more kids meant our odds of having better athletes was there. Still in the 1990's we had players going to Bowling Green, Wright St, Buffalo, LIU, West Virginia, not top 20 teams but still solid Division 1 programs. As our population continued to decline our talent went down and the recruiters stop seeing the players at that level. Fusion gets kids to Binghamton or other schools that are local. Sorry but they haven't produced more talent, its actually less because they had less talent to start with. Yes local soccer is more skillful than earlier generations, but all sports are, its called evolution.

Top local player trained in Syracuse to get to a higher level school? Are you referring to Bellingham? She ended up at SU, which isn't exactly a women's soccer power.

Guest Guest

So your saying the Fusion players arent the cream of the crop from this area? Maybe they cant keep up with the city areas but the broome county soccer league isnt very challenging to these players. What happened to For The Love Of The Game? Its not all about becoming a bigtime college player but rather playing in a challenging environement and enjoying their youth. Im not disagreeing with what you said but I dont think Syracuse and Roch are consistently putting players in these bigtime programs either?

Guest Guest

So your saying the Fusion players arent the cream of the crop from this area? Maybe they cant keep up with the city areas but the broome county soccer league isnt very challenging to these players. What happened to For The Love Of The Game? Its not all about becoming a bigtime college player but rather playing in a challenging environement and enjoying their youth. Im not disagreeing with what you said but I dont think Syracuse and Roch are consistently putting players in these bigtime programs either?

But, for the players that are better than club soccer, there needs to be premier team in this area. Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo all have these academies, and produce D1 players (just see the signings in Feb) and I can't figure out why Binghamton can't figure out its a good thing for advanced players.

So, in essence, your argument is to hold back better players and not provide them with a challenging environment because WHY?

Guest Guest

But, for the players that are better than club soccer, there needs to be premier team in this area. Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo all have these academies, and produce D1 players (just see the signings in Feb) and I can't figure out why Binghamton can't figure out its a good thing for advanced players.

So, in essence, your argument is to hold back better players and not provide them with a challenging environment because WHY?

Because he is an idiot club coach from Endicott that thinks he is actually a premier coach in his own mind. He has been spewing this garbage on here for years.

Archived