Regrets

Guest Gumby

What regrets do you have?

My current one is -- I regret buying a ton of grapes yesterday that turned out to be sour. I regret eating them anyway, especially now that my stomach is bloated out and my insides are roiling.

On a brighter note, I am thankful I bought 32 rolls of toilet paper earlier this week. I think they are going to come in handy shortly.

I have lots of regrets. Probably the biggest one is not spending enough time with some relatives and some friends, and now it is too late. Always had to work, or was too busy, not enough time, etc. Wish I could had found the time somehow. Another big one is taking too many things for granted and not going to college when I was younger.

I have lots of regrets. Probably the biggest one is not spending enough time with some relatives and some friends, and now it is too late. Always had to work, or was too busy, not enough time, etc. Wish I could had found the time somehow. Another big one is taking too many things for granted and not going to college when I was younger.

Ditto for me regarding not enough time spent with relatives. :(

Same here should have done the college thing and not the limo thing.. What a mistake that was.

This is CERTAINLY a BIG one....

Yes that is a big one and fortunately I avoided it. I got a call three years ago at the bowling alley from my wife saying I needed to get over to Lourde's Hospice to say goodbye to my dad, his time was coming. I raced over there and spent several hours that night talking about everything with him, even though he was pretty much unconcious. At one point, he sat up and stared at me with this glazed look in his eyes, never uttering a word, just staring! I'm not sure if he ever knew I was there...I sure hope he did. He died in the early hours of the following morning.

Guest Guest607
I regret letting my girlfriend of 7 years jerk me around for so long. and now I think she's off with another man.

Maybe you should have made her your wife. 7 yrs christ how long is a girl to wait? She probably got sick of waiting for you if she's off with another man.

I regret taking the NC relo package instead of moving to the southern tier 9 years ago .. NC aint all what its cracked up to be. Being 8-9 hours away from family and friends and only getting to see them 1 - 2 times a year ..

Missing my best friends wedding - thats a big one ..

I can second this post --

I try not to have too many regrets, but rather try to learn something from my mistakes.

The biggest actual regret I can think of is not skipping an exam in college to attend my grandmother's birthday party. She died a few weeks later.

You had no way of knowing when she would die. I'm sure that either way, she would've wanted you to take the exam knowing how it would help your future.

So don't be hard on yourself over it.

I was suppposed to visit some friends and instead went out on a blind date (which went nowhere and she was a "way-out") and my friends mother died not even a week or two later. If, and I say if, I had'nt canceled out the visit, I would have seen her before she died. But as I said before, I had no idea she was going to die -- So I can't dwell on this either.

Maybe you should have made her your wife. 7 yrs christ how long is a girl to wait? She probably got sick of waiting for you if she's off with another man.

I can't make her my wife. She has a hundred reasons why that can't happen.

I can't make her my wife. She has a hundred reasons why that can't happen.

One being she's already married? LOL.

Seriously, I regret not getting my crap together when I was younger. I had no idea what life was really like and my parents never let me get a taste of the real world. Always made sure I was wearing those rose colored glasses. After graduating they cut the strings and sent me off into the real world with no idea of what it was really like. Wish I knew then what I know now.

Archived