Ice cold luck

Aaron

I got up this morning and to my suprise saw the sun and didn't even bother getting a hat or gloves because it didnt seem very cold. I even got oil and a filter to change the oil on the van I had just bought.

Right after I got the drain plug out everything goes white and some really cold winds start blinding me. I then go into the swap shop and wait for the oil to drain. I come back out put the drain plug back in along with the new filter and then grab the gallon of oil I had got.

I need a funnel! I find a short one, and end up getting oil everywhere. So I go into the back where I just dumped a bunch of stuff I had in old Blacky (F-150 I sold to BTK) and find my long metal funnel.

I put that in, rotate it, start pouring and it cracks in half from being so cold when i lean the gallon on it. Oil everywhere again. I'm now enraged and slam the door as I go back in side, and the whole thing shatters behind me! This is some really thick glass too. Luckilly it didnt fall out but its all shattered in place!

So now I have to buy a hundred dollar piece of glass, because of this damn cold.

I got up this morning and to my suprise saw the sun and didn't even bother getting a hat or gloves because it didnt seem very cold. I even got oil and a filter to change the oil on the van I had just bought.

Right after I got the drain plug out everything goes white and some really cold winds start blinding me. I then go into the swap shop and wait for the oil to drain. I come back out put the drain plug back in along with the new filter and then grab the gallon of oil I had got.

I need a funnel! I find a short one, and end up getting oil everywhere. So I go into the back where I just dumped a bunch of stuff I had in old Blacky (F-150 I sold to BTK) and find my long metal funnel.

I put that in, rotate it, start pouring and it cracks in half from being so cold when i lean the gallon on it. Oil everywhere again. I'm now enraged and slam the door as I go back in side, and the whole thing shatters behind me! This is some really thick glass too. Luckilly it didnt fall out but its all shattered in place!

So now I have to buy a hundred dollar piece of glass, because of this damn cold.

Sorry to hear about that my friend, just to let you know we only charge $26.95 for a real Lube, Oil and Filter plus we fill all of the other fluids! We also occasionally run specials where we do it for as low as $19.95. Any time and I swear we won't break the door glass! I have a friend that owns a glass company and can replace that glass cheap if you are interested, call me tomorrow and I will give you his number.

Sorry to hear about that my friend, just to let you know we only charge $26.95 for a real Lube, Oil and Filter plus we fill all of the other fluids! We also occasionally run specials where we do it for as low as $19.95. Any time and I swear we won't break the door glass! I have a friend that owns a glass company and can replace that glass cheap if you are interested, call me tomorrow and I will give you his number.

I might do that, even though I can do most mechanical work I really hate dealing with oil, getting rid of it and so forth. Also just to clarify its the door on my shop which is 3 foot by 5 foot, and I think a quarter inch thick! Let me know who you are thinking of.

I might do that, even though I can do most mechanical work I really hate dealing with oil, getting rid of it and so forth. Also just to clarify its the door on my shop which is 3 foot by 5 foot, and I think a quarter inch thick! Let me know who you are thinking of.

I know what you are talking about, someone smashed the glass in my door at the shop last year and it was 6' x 3'. Call me tomorrow and I will give you the guy's number. He is local and does it for a living. He took care of mine cheap. The oil thing, we take used oil at the shop. We use it for heat. just put it in a clean 5 gal. bucket (we have them if you need them) and drop it off. Talk to you tomorrow.

Boy that sucks. A month or so ago someone put a rock through the side window of my plow truck. A week later I put a new one in, after I was done I couldnt get the rear window to go back up so I spent 2 hours in the cold taking the motor out and putting in a new one. Got the new one in put the window up about a third of the way, shut the gate n the window shattered. By the way I dont do windows any more.

Do you do inspections?

Hey BTK, I have a 96 Grand Am SE (I apologize, it's my boyfriend's car). Anyway, he took it to Monroe on front St. for a new driver side wheel bearing, alignment, and new tires. $636.00 (gasp) later, they tell us that it also needs a new intake manifold gasket. Cost (gasp)another $600.00. If it was my old Monte Carlo, I could do it myself. I put the high rise intake and new carb on it, but I really don't want to fool around with fuel injected cars. How much do you think it should cost?

Hey BTK, I have a 96 Grand Am SE (I apologize, it's my boyfriend's car). Anyway, he took it to Monroe on front St. for a new driver side wheel bearing, alignment, and new tires. $636.00 (gasp) later, they tell us that it also needs a new intake manifold gasket. Cost (gasp)another $600.00. If it was my old Monte Carlo, I could do it myself. I put the high rise intake and new carb on it, but I really don't want to fool around with fuel injected cars. How much do you think it should cost?

Call me at the shop tomorrow. For obvious reasons, I dont give prices on BCV but I can tell you that it will be a lot less than $600 also was that price for one wheel bearing??? Sound like a price for both sides? 722-7163

Also SIH, Pontiacmrc1 is a very qualified and compitent mechanic. Better than the any mechanic that you are going to! As far as inspections go, it isn't like it's Rocket Science, most of the time we have to be talked into passing the cars. :blink:

Call me at the shop tomorrow. For obvious reasons, I dont give prices on BCV but I can tell you that it will be a lot less than $600 also was that price for one wheel bearing??? Sound like a price for both sides? 722-7163

Also SIH, Pontiacmrc1 is a very qualified and compitent mechanic. Better than the any mechanic that you are going to! As far as inspections go, it isn't like it's Rocket Science, most of the time we have to be talked into passing the cars. :blink:

Do you do allignments and if so how long is your rack. I need one on my 100in over all length is 23 1/2 ft

OK, OK...calm down in your pajamas, big guy! I'll stop by to see you and "Reddi" when I'm due in April. In the meantime, I've been having to add brake fluid to my old van for the last two weeks, I gotta leak. Had the brakes done all the way around less than two years ago. Is it something you and Reddi can fix, or do I have to go over to Gus again, across the service road, you know, Mr. Entertainment? I can drop it off any weekday morning, but I don't want "Reddi" touching my stuff in the van! He has more issues than I do. Actually, I think he's funny as hell!

Believe it or not, it was to have only the driver side bearing replaced. My boyfriend replaced the passenger side last year. It is a sealed bearing, so it is a little more expensive. I think that I am going to take it back though, the front end is still vibrating at 55-60. Please email me to let me know who to ask for. I called this evening and asked for "Billy the Kid" and then I think I got cut off. :rolleyes: I'll try back tomorrow.

OK, OK...calm down in your pajamas, big guy! I'll stop by to see you and "Reddi" when I'm due in April. In the meantime, I've been having to add brake fluid to my old van for the last two weeks, I gotta leak. Had the brakes done all the way around less than two years ago. Is it something you and Reddi can fix, or do I have to go over to Gus again, across the service road, you know, Mr. Entertainment? I can drop it off any weekday morning, but I don't want "Reddi" touching my stuff in the van! He has more issues than I do. Actually, I think he's funny as hell!

I'm no Mr. Goodwrench, but I suggest avoiding Monroe. Of all the rip off places that I've encountered, they are the worst.

I'm no Mr. Goodwrench, but I suggest avoiding Monroe. Of all the rip off places that I've encountered, they are the worst.

What's the one by the Can Man on Front Street? I went there for inspections, but it kept costing me between $450 and $600. I take it to a guy named Mike T. out in Sanitaria Springs now. He's a good, honest guy, and doesn't overlook anything.

I have a 2 wheel drive 1500 dodge ram, had to replace the left front wheel bearing at a cost of $400 just for the wheel bearing assembly. it's not like it was years ago when you could just replace the bearings.

You know we can fix it, drop it off any morning that you want and I will get it done. Might even give you a ride if you bring crumpets. :P

Believe it or not, it was to have only the driver side bearing replaced. My boyfriend replaced the passenger side last year. It is a sealed bearing, so it is a little more expensive. I think that I am going to take it back though, the front end is still vibrating at 55-60. Please email me to let me know who to ask for. I called this evening and asked for "Billy the Kid" and then I think I got cut off. :rolleyes: I'll try back tomorrow.

You can ask for Barney, he is my main man and he know who BTK is. Tell him that I talked to you about it on BCV and he will get me.

I have a 2 wheel drive 1500 dodge ram, had to replace the left front wheel bearing at a cost of $400 just for the wheel bearing assembly. it's not like it was years ago when you could just replace the bearings.

Prices vary for that stuff depending on where you get it. $400 for just the bearing sounds expensive, but maybe you bought the best quality one that they make?

You know we can fix it, drop it off any morning that you want and I will get it done. Might even give you a ride if you bring crumpets. :P

I ain't kidding you BTK...I gotta get this fixed. How about Cornaby's breakfast sandwiches instead. I know "Reddi" has a fancy for sausage....What's yours?

Mine is the same. I can do it any day just let me know so I can make sure that I am there to give you a ride.

Naah, I don't need a ride. Dick, AKA Barney lives in Hillcrest too. I'd like to do it this, this coming Monday. What time are you there in the morning for drop off? And what time can I pick it up? I get out of work at 4:30, it takes 15 minutes! A personal check good? You took it last time!

Naah, I don't need a ride. Dick, AKA Barney lives in Hillcrest too. I'd like to do it this, this coming Monday. What time are you there in the morning for drop off? And what time can I pick it up? I get out of work at 4:30, it takes 15 minutes! A personal check good? You took it last time!

I get there at 8:00 but you can drop it anytime and put the key in the drop box. If you get out at 4:30 you can pick it up by 5:00. Call and leave your number with my Barney in case he has to call you for something. Personal checks are ok with me!

Archived