Arrested SCC Principal Mugshot

Guest Trump

SCCHS enrollment continues to drop.

As do enrollments in all local high schools. That's a function of changing demographics, i.e. a dwindling population, an aging population, and a heck of lot less school age children in the area. You've now used this same excuse 3 times in various threads here. Find a different whipping boy.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many of the posters on this topic:

Cheat on their spouse?

Cheat on their taxes?

Accept praise for others work?

Lie?

etc.

Whole lot of stone throwers here who should take a look at themselves.

I am not saying they are all petty criminals. I am saying that we have all done something we shouldn't have, big and small.

Does'nt matter about me. She is in a position of responsibility. 'If you do the crime, do the time' fits here.

She should resign which will set a perfect example for the students of the school. "I'll write this letter

to the parents, this will make the mistake in my life go away for sure" RESIGN and RESIGN NOW!!!

Does'nt matter about me. She is in a position of responsibility. 'If you do the crime, do the time' fits here.

She should resign which will set a perfect example for the students of the school. "I'll write this letter

to the parents, this will make the mistake in my life go away for sure" RESIGN and RESIGN NOW!!!

The old "we aren't talking about me" defense. FAIL.

Another take-away from your post is that you aren't in a position with any responsibility. What kind of a loser does that make you???

Well it doesn't matter about me either, but I haven't cheated on my spouse, have never stolen, not paid taxes or committed any other crime.I'm sure I'm not perfect -- but I do okay. Do you think I'm in the minority? If you do that's sad. You might need to surround yourself with new people. Most people are like me I think and would expect to suffer the consequences of our mistakes and learn from them.

Shaddap and throw some more stones! Make Jesus proud of you!

I will do just that. And when I am confronted about it by the Lord, I will explain that I have no recollection of any prior stone-throwing, and that such actions are highly uncharacteristic of me in any event.

Guest atruegentleman

I was recently arrested for rape. Upon my arrest I was informed that my actions, regrettably, were not isolated to this event.Apparently I had been running around raping everyone.I was shocked and had no recollection of these actions.

Guest Julia Allison

"You know how Dwyer feels in her mind? Really?" "Shaddap and throw some more stones! Make Jesus proud of you!"

Please be advised Simple McSimpleton. Your knee-jerk, one sentence attempts at chastise are ineffective and do not contribute to or promote discussion.

I am a Seton Catholic High School graduate and I did not post on this thread until Dwyer's self-serving letter was posted. It is one thing to be going through a tough time and make some mistake(s) but it quite another to spin an explanation that does not address accountability or the need for forgiveness.

What lessons are the students taking from this incident? You can argue that they might begin to think that theft is a crime that can be easily adjuducated or that you can blame outside factors for a sin/crime.

The bottom line is Dwyer's job carries the burden of setting a higher standard for the students and being a strong, positive role model. Her letter provides a window into a troubled mind. Dwyer needs psychiatric attention and the students at SCC need a competent, effective leader.

Well it doesn't matter about me either, but I haven't cheated on my spouse, have never stolen, not paid taxes or committed any other crime.I'm sure I'm not perfect -- but I do okay. Do you think I'm in the minority? If you do that's sad. You might need to surround yourself with new people. Most people are like me I think and would expect to suffer the consequences of our mistakes and learn from them.

Hey Stupid. Read the post again. Specifically, "I am not saying they are all petty criminals. I am saying that we have all done something we shouldn't have, big and small". Even the Pope falls into this catagory. He is a human being. I guess we can add being judgemental to your list of attributes.

Who do you surround yourself with? I can't imagine anyone would want to hang out with a mister perfect, sanctimonious, d-bag, such as yourself. Why would you "expect to suffer the consequences" when you are obviously perfect?

Hey Stupid. Read the post again. Specifically, "I am not saying they are all petty criminals. I am saying that we have all done something we shouldn't have, big and small". Even the Pope falls into this catagory. He is a human being. I guess we can add being judgemental to your list of attributes.

Who do you surround yourself with? I can't imagine anyone would want to hang out with a mister perfect, sanctimonious, d-bag, such as yourself. Why would you "expect to suffer the consequences" when you are obviously perfect?

I'm pretty sure that he said he *wasn't* perfect in the post you're quoting.

I'm pretty sure that he said he *wasn't* perfect in the post you're quoting.

No DELETED sherlock. My post was a response to his where he ignores the fact that I say that everyone has done something in their life that was wrong, big and small, and the douche goes on to say that I need to hang out with better people. So he stated that people with any regrets, mistakes, etc. in their past are less than him and his friends. If you can't follow along, SHADDAP!

Guest atruegentleman

Can't you see what's happening here? Can't you see what she's doing to us? Her heinous, despicable actions have not only affected her life but all of ours as well. We are fighting and making snide remarks to one another. We are turning against our brothers and sisters. I hope you're happy Kathleen Dwyer. You have destroyed us all.

My interest in this story is the double standard issue. The fact that people in power are willing to slide this under the rug because she is a prominent personality proves that justice, at least in Broome County, is not blind.

This website was lit up with holier than thou's about the BU men's basketball players. Broadus was basically run out of town for allegedly trying to "cover up" a similar incident. All of the players involved in that petty larceny had their names published in the rag.

But this white catholic prominent personality with ties to the DA alma mater gets a pass? Her tidy little deal means her life goes on with no consequences for her crime.

The BU players were wrong, I am not defending what they did. They paid a huge price for their greed, and she will pay nothing.

And to the person who says a misdemeanor or felony conviction cannot be sealed, don't you think thats why she is getting an adjudication instead of a trial-there won't be any "conviction."

Same thing happened to Gary Pucedo, http://www.gobroomecounty.com/countyexec/funeral-director-arrested-three-felony-charges let go on 3 felony charges.

I am the parent of several SCC alums and have defended Ms Dwyer to the Diocese a number of years ago when she was being attacked for her handling of a situation involving some students. The current situation gives a different insight to me of this individual. If the School Board or the Diocese circles the wagons on Dwyer and refuses to remove the leader of the Catholic High School who no longer has the moral authority to lead, or if Dwyer continues to be more concerned about her own self interest rather than the interests of the Catholic school system she has served so well all these years and does not resign, it will be Custer's last stand for the Catholic school system in Broome County. While school enrollments have dropped eeven at the public shcools in recent years, I shudder to think about the drop in enrollment next year if the Catholic Schools hypocritically allow its principal to remain in this position and cannot offer a morally superior learning environment for its students.

I wonder how many of the posters on this topic:

Cheat on their spouse?

Cheat on their taxes?

Accept praise for others work?

Lie?

etc.

Whole lot of stone throwers here who should take a look at themselves.

I am not saying they are all petty criminals. I am saying that we have all done something we shouldn't have, big and small.

I'll bet the majority if posts on here are by AFC, and considering he is on his second wife I know he has done at least one of the things you listed. But he is better than everyone else. Because he says so.

Guest catholic school parent

You people want her head on a platter, WHY? If you do not have children IN catholic school why do you care what goes on there? Ms. Dwyer has done so much good for the community and her students, with this one action is all that lost? She said this happened 3 times, and you are assuming she had 3 huge loads of groceries, she is a single person maybe is was 3 items and thats why she didnt notice. And your stupid fat jokes are really childish. How many times have you come out of a store and realized they forgot to charge you for something, do you go back in? Stop judging. She may be under a tremendous amount of stress and not thinking clearly, maybe its an addiction, I dont know the answers but crucifying her is not right either. All of the parents who wont send their children back to catholic school if she is there...way to go, way to forgive. We are not her judges so leave her alone. Maybe she needs a break, some help. But she has contributed to much to the school, people really need to remember that as well.

Guest Julia Allison

The pontificating really has to stop. This incident and specifically her letter of explanation warrants an immediate suspension. The woman is in a compromised mental state and she needs the help of professionals. The students at SCC deserve and are paying for effective leadership. Her credibility has been severely compromised.

You people want her head on a platter, WHY? If you do not have children IN catholic school why do you care what goes on there? Ms. Dwyer has done so much good for the community and her students, with this one action is all that lost? She said this happened 3 times, and you are assuming she had 3 huge loads of groceries, she is a single person maybe is was 3 items and thats why she didnt notice. And your stupid fat jokes are really childish. How many times have you come out of a store and realized they forgot to charge you for something, do you go back in? Stop judging. She may be under a tremendous amount of stress and not thinking clearly, maybe its an addiction, I dont know the answers but crucifying her is not right either. All of the parents who wont send their children back to catholic school if she is there...way to go, way to forgive. We are not her judges so leave her alone. Maybe she needs a break, some help. But she has contributed to much to the school, people really need to remember that as well.

I hope you are just as compassionate for anyone else who steals from a store. You may want to put some of those words on small index cards so that you can refer to them if you ever see a crime in progress. At that time, you can yell out - "Please stop stabbing that person. I know you must be stressed and not thinking clearly! Or, perhaps you have an addiction? I forgive you!"

Guest atruegentleman

Perhaps if she would just apologize people would let it go. Probably not though. I don't think she should be fired from the school just relieved of the position she currently occupies. However, my opinion doesn't really matter as I am no longer a student there nor do I have a child who is. The issue should be handled by the SCCHS community or the diocese if in fact they are even capable.

I was recently arrested for rape. Upon my arrest I was informed that my actions, regrettably, were not isolated to this event.Apparently I had been running around raping everyone.I was shocked and had no recollection of these actions.

...and I'm grateful for your understanding.

She said this happened 3 times, and you are assuming she had 3 huge loads of groceries, she is a single person maybe is was 3 items and thats why she didnt notice.

What is wrong with some of you people?

IT IS NOT MORALLY ACCEPTABLE TO BE SO CARELESS THAT YOU WALK OUT OF A STORE WITHOUT PAYING.

It doesn't matter if you meant to or not. You have an obligation to be responsible, to pay attention to things that you're doing, even if you're having a hard time in your personal life. Pay attention out of respect for others or don't expect anyone to trust you.

She may be under a tremendous amount of stress and not thinking clearly, maybe its an addiction....Maybe she needs a break, some help.

Maybe she does. So maybe she should resign so that she can lower her stress level, get a break, and get the help she needs.

All of the parents who wont send their children back to catholic school if she is there...way to go, way to forgive.

"Forgiving" does not equal "forgetting". Right now, she's done nothing to earn forgiveness. She doesn't even acknowledge that what she did was wrong.

I hate to admit it, but I actually almost choked on my cheese doodle over that one.

The problem is she has not asked for forgiveness. She did not apologize. She did not say if she has addressed the issue at all (did she pay restitution? say more Hail Mary's? Seek help for her stress?). Her letter only fans the flames so to speak -- I'm sure that was "inadvertent" as well.

Guest atruegentleman

I hate to admit it, but I actually almost choked on my cheese doodle over that one.

I certainly hope that you paid for that cheese doodle. Otherwise we'll have to start a thread about you!

Archived