Arrested SCC Principal Mugshot

Guest Trump

What started this thread? Was it the posting of the "mug shot"??

It's too bad that a prominent citizen's faults have now become public. All that aside, I want to know how someone can get a mug shot of anyone who is arrested when they are not convicted and more specifically, how do you get one on a sealed file?

I think the book should be thrown at whoever released the mug shot in JC and whoever received it and initially posted it. I feel sorry for Ms Dwyer and the damage it could do to the Catholic school system. I am really mad, though, that sensitive private information was leaked by a government agency and subsequently posted for all to see on the internet.

Get up now and let the world know how really really MAD you are .

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your tax dollars?????? This is a PRIVATE school..........NO tax dollars involved. You would DIE if you knew what was covered up in the public schools.........You know, The schools that ARE supported by our tax dollars.

Where is the PROOF?? Police report,court report, anything that proves WITHOUT A DOUBT that this person is guilty of ANYTHING.

"What if this was a poor person that needed food".............ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

If you had information that something similar to this had happened to a "poor person", and they were given a "pass", would you be trying to drag that person through the mud too?

NO proof (definitive), NO crime. End of story!!

Yes, SCC is a private school but still receives Federal and State money, just not at the same rate as a public school.

Yes, SCC is a private school but still receives Federal and State money, just not at the same rate as a public school.

I don't believe SCC gets "Federal & state money". Kids are bussed at taxpayer expense (to & from school - not for extra-curriculars), and textbooks/software are provided. I'm not aware of any actual dollars going to any catholic or private school.

I can not wait to see what stance the district atorney is going to take regarding BC VOICE allowing the mug shot to be displayed in the fiorst place.

I'm hard-pressed to imagine that BC Voice could conceivably have any liability. If the New York Times can publish the Pentagon Papers, and given that forum owners are generally not responsible for the content posted by forum members...

If anything, Dwyer can probably sue the agency that let her records out. They're the ones who are responsible for protecting those sealed records.

I can not wait to see what stance the district atorney is going to take regarding BC VOICE allowing the mug shot to be displayed in the fiorst place.

What can he do? No one has a duty not to disseminate the photograph except for the agency that was supposed to keep it sealed, assuming it leaked after sealing occurred, after all.

She needs to resign, and right now. The damage is done. Just what the Church needs, another scandal with a cover up. Sheesh, when do they get it?

I'll bet you did not know that there was a priest at st anthony's in endicott that was having an affair with a young parisioner who went to him for counseling. Instead of firing his and defocking, they transferred him to Syracuse where he continued the affair with the young mother of 4.

I think the book should be thrown at whoever released the mug shot in JC and whoever received it and initially posted it. I feel sorry for Ms Dwyer and the damage it could do to the Catholic school system. I am really mad, though, that sensitive private information was leaked by a government agency and subsequently posted for all to see on the internet.

Wow. Really? The woman committed a crime and got away with it. But you want the person who publicly exposed this to "have the book thrown at them"? You're mad that "sensitive" information became public, information that should have been public in April yet you feel sorry for her? She stole 3 times and you feel sorry for her? Is that really what you're saying? You stand by this? You're so backwards that I'm having trouble believing it myself.

Wrong! No Federal or State money flows into the Catholic school system. There are only three areas where public funding "assists" Catholic schools:

1. New York State requires local school districts to bus Catholic school students to and from school. There is no busing provided for any extracurricular activities I believe NY and Massachusetts are 2 of only a handful of states that make busing mandatory.

2. The local school districts do supply text books to Catholic schools for science and math ... maybe social studies.

3. If there is a student with special needs in a Catholic school, then that student's home school district can be required to provide an aide for the student. But the decision on providing an aide is done on an individual basis and is negotiated between the home district, the Catholic school involved and the child's parents.

All other money in the Catholic school system comes from tuition payments, parish assessments, and fund raising ... lots and lots of fund raising.

I have three little words that sum up my feelings on this whole matter...

Burn the witch!!

The quality of mercy is not strain'd

It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven

Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:

It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.

The Merchant of Venice Act 4 scene 1 180-187

The quality of mercy is not strain'd

It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven

Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:

It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.

The Merchant of Venice Act 4 scene 1 180-187

Commandment Number 8 -- Thou shall not steal.

Guest atruegentleman

What started this thread? Was it the posting of the "mug shot"??

It's too bad that a prominent citizen's faults have now become public. All that aside, I want to know how someone can get a mug shot of anyone who is arrested when they are not convicted and more specifically, how do you get one on a sealed file?

Don't you think that parents have a right to know if the person in charge of their children's school is engaging in criminal activity?

Guest Out of town guest

Yes, Portia... The Merchant of Venice. I will remember those words forever! I read the works of Shakespeare, Dickens, Hawthorne and many others at Catholic Central. Excellent teachers that provided a foundation for learning. As I have matured, I realize that, when applying mercy to an individual, one must consider how the action will affect others. I do not know Ms. Dwyer but I wish her health and happiness. I do know what the school did for me and my siblings. In my opinion Ms. Dwyer must resign. From what I see, the principal's actions regarding the taking of merchandise from a store without payment (3 times??)are very questionable. If she remains in her position, how can she apply disciplinary measures to students? How can she possibly have the respect of the students? Teenagers are very savvy (I'm a high school teacher.) I am very concerned about how this will impact the enrollment. They are already struggling. I want the school to survive and, although I feel sorry for Ms. Dwyer's predicament, she needs to step down.

Don't you think that parents have a right to know if the person in charge of their children's school is engaging in criminal activity?

Criminal activity? What was she convicted of?

Acts that constitute crimes don't need convictions to attach in order for them to be crimes.

E.g., Selling cocaine is a crime, whether or not you are later convicted or even caught. The act is a crime independent of any of those things. Theft is the same thing. How do you not understand this?

Guest atruegentleman

Hahaha.Yes. Taking items from a store without paying for them is called stealing. Stealing is a criminal act. Not being convicted of crime in no way indicates that you did not commit that crime. If you admit to taking things with out paying, as she did,then I can only assume that you did it.

Hahaha.Yes. Taking items from a store without paying for them is called stealing. Stealing is a criminal act. Not being convicted of crime in no way indicates that you did not commit that crime. If you admit to taking things with out paying, as she did,then I can only assume that you did it.

Not being convicted of crime in no way indicates that you did not commit that crime? What country do you live in?

Acts that constitute crimes don't need convictions to attach in order for them to be crimes.

E.g., Selling cocaine is a crime, whether or not you are later convicted or even caught. The act is a crime independent of any of those things. Theft is the same thing. How do you not understand this?

In fairness, while you're right, Dwyer contends that she did not commit a crime. Shoplifting, like nearly all crimes, requires intent to perform the criminal act. She claims that in all three incidents, she did not know she was doing it, which means she committed no crime. I suspect that this is why the prosecution didn't move forward, because it would be all but impossible to prove.

That that seems completely insane and totally implausible not withstanding, she didn't actually admit to committing crimes. She just admitted to being careless, flakey, and easily distracted away from important moral and legal obligations, which, even at face value, throws her trustworthiness into serious question.

Not being convicted of crime in no way indicates that you did not commit that crime? What country do you live in?

He is absolutely correct. A jury's verdict does not constitute a finding of fact, and the lack of a prosecution does not mean that the actions did not occur. If you performed an action which satisfies all the elements of a homicide, you committed a homicide, regardless of what happens in court. You're still a murderer.

Like O.J. Simpson.

Guest atruegentleman

America. If I kill someone and no one ever finds out aren't I still a murderer?

"3. If there is a student with special needs in a Catholic school, then that student's home school district can be required to provide an aide for the student. But the decision on providing an aide is done on an individual basis and is negotiated between the home district, the Catholic school involved and the child's parents"

Incorrect, the public school (and therefore our tax money) pays for ALL the special education needs including, but not limited to, the services of a special education teacher, aide, interpreter (for a deaf student), any special equipment (eg anything in braille, a non verbal communication device), testing accomodations and any other need related to the student's disability. These needs are defined at the "negotiation'. This negotiation is a Committee on Special Education meeting where the Individual Educational Plan (IEP) is developed. It is a legal binding document and every special education student has one, the process and procedure is the same for public or private school. The public school system in which the private school exists is financially responsible for all the special education needs of every student within the private school as per their IEPs.

(1) Not being convicted of a crime means only that -- you weren't convicted. Why you weren't convicted can rest on any number of reasons. But isn't *necessarily* a reflection of whether you did, or did not, commit the crime at issue.

(2) U.S.A.

Why don't you answer the questions posed to you in the last several posts, rather than changing the subject each time and leaving out relevant information?

Just wondering...since I have a stressful life, can I go to Wegmans and just walk out with a couple shopping carts with unpaid groceries in it? Her EXCUSE is total and complete BS.

Archived