Arrested SCC Principal Mugshot

Guest Trump

(1) Not being convicted of a crime means only that -- you weren't convicted. Why you weren't convicted can rest on any number of reasons. But isn't *necessarily* a reflection of whether you did, or did not, commit the crime at issue.

(2) U.S.A.

Why don't you answer the questions posed to you in the last several posts, rather than changing the subject each time and leaving out relevant information?

I'm sorry - what questions were posted to me directly? I am Guest-Guest, not Guest-Guest you should know. :rolleyes:

Let me ask you a question - have you intentionally or not ever committed a sin or crime in your lifetime?

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry - what questions were posted to me directly? I am Guest-Guest, not Guest-Guest you should know. :rolleyes:

Let me ask you a question - have you intentionally or not ever committed a sin or crime in your lifetime?

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

But I'll bite--yes.

Guest atruegentleman

Sins and crimes are very different as crimes are actually recognized by the law. While we have all sinned according to the catholic religion at one point in time, not all of us have broken the law. When we, as citizens violate the law we are held accountable. Personally I'm not that outraged over her crimes but I do believe that this is a special circumstance due to the fact that it is her responsibility to set a moral and ethical example. Having attended SCCHS I know that there is a particular standard of behavior that she expects her students to follow and most definitely enforces. Shouldn't she have to live up to that standard as well?

Guest The Devils Advocate

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

But I'll bite--yes.

In the crime and or sin that you committed, do you think that you would deserve a so-called "cyber stoning" like this woman is being subject to or do you think it would be a matter between your God, the police and or your employer?

Sins and crimes are very different as crimes are actually recognized by the law. While we have all sinned according to the catholic religion at one point in time, not all of us have broken the law. When we, as citizens violate the law we are held accountable. Personally I'm not that outraged over her crimes but I do believe that this is a special circumstance due to the fact that it is her responsibility to set a moral and ethical example. Having attended SCCHS I know that there is a particular standard of behavior that she expects her students to follow and most definitely enforces. Shouldn't she have to live up to that standard as well?

Considering you were the one posting various pictures about her I don't think you have the right to lecture anyone else on moral or ethical deviance.

While we have all sinned according to the catholic religion at one point in time, not all of us have broken the law. When we, as citizens violate the law we are held accountable.

Ultimately, we've all broken the law, too. The question is which laws we broke.

Most people would agree that a speeding infraction is not so bad. Some people would say that deliberately speeding is not as bad as accidentally shoplifting, many more would say that deliberately shoplifting is much worse than speeding, and still others believe that she was deliberately shoplifting and are even more upset that she's trying to downplay it as if she didn't do anything wrong.

Those people are free to have their opinions. It's ridiculous to tell them that they're wrong to be concerned about it. It's up to Dwyer and the Church how to respond to it. If parents don't trust her to run the school, then they don't trust her, and that's just a fact. It's not like everybody is twisting the facts. It's critical to her position that she have the trust of the families that depend on the school. She isn't some demi-goddess on a throne who gets to tell them how they should feel, unaccountable.

Having attended SCCHS I know that there is a particular standard of behavior that she expects her students to follow and most definitely enforces. Shouldn't she have to live up to that standard as well?

No.

Because she said so.

Guest atruegentleman

Considering you were the one posting various pictures about her I don't think you have the right to lecture anyone else on moral or ethical deviance.

haha. that's true actually. However, being that it's not my job to set an example for others or to guide them to make responsible choices, I don't really have to worry about that.

haha. that's true actually. However, being that it's not my job to set an example for others or to guide them to make responsible choices, I don't really have to worry about that.

You should worry about it ;)

Do you consider yourself a Catholic or Christian?

In the crime and or sin that you committed, so you think that you would deserve a so-called "cyber stoning" like this woman is being subject to or do you think it would be a matter between your God, the police and or your employer?

I would deserve whatever the action warranted giving my relationship w/ the community. Would I *want* all my indescretions posted on a message board and extensively discussed? Of course not. But this is not a question of want. In my case, unless I committed some kind of horrendous act, I doubt anyone would give a rat's what I did in my daily life--sinful, criminal or otherwise. But then again I, unlike Ms. Dwyer, am not a public/prominent figure. I represent nothing speificaly apart from whatever any private citizen ought to represent, and I hold no penal authority over any group. Ms. Dwyer's situation is wholly unlike mine. But look--if I ever did anything that compromised my ability to do my job, I should be called out on it, as should anyone. And this is exactly whats happening here, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Guest atruegentleman

You should worry about it ;)

Do you consider yourself a Catholic or Christian?

No I don't. I'm just a boy trying to make sense of this crazy world. I also live my life within the boundaries of the law.

I would deserve whatever the action warranted giving my relationship w/ the community. Would I *want* all my indescretions posted on a message board and extensively discussed? Of course not. But this is not a question of want. In my case, unless I committed some kind of horrendous act, I doubt anyone would give a rat's what I did in my daily life--sinful, criminal or otherwise. But then again I, unlike Ms. Dwyer, am not a public/prominent figure. I represent nothing speificaly apart from whatever any private citizen ought to represent, and I hold no penal authority over any group. Ms. Dwyer's situation is wholly unlike mine. But look--if I ever did anything that compromised my ability to do my job, I should be called out on it, as should anyone. And this is exactly whats happening here, and there's nothing wrong with that.

You don't know exactly what's happening here. Which is why you should think otherwise before you continue to throw stones. Unless you get off on publicly humiliating other people

In my case, unless I committed some kind of horrendous act, I doubt anyone would give a rat's what I did in my daily life--sinful, criminal or otherwise.

This is what gets at the meat of it.

Nobody trusts you to run SCC, either. (No offense.) Maybe you've done things that would validate that view, maybe you haven't, but if you went for the job, you'd expect to be held to a higher standard that is appropriate for the greater responsibilities you bear and the greater consequences of failure.

The very fact that so many people are now angry and mistrustful towards Dwyer compromises her ability to do her job. She has no right to be principal, she isn't entitled to it. The position exists for the sake of the students, not for her sake. It belongs with someone who can do it.

No I don't. I'm just a boy trying to make sense of this crazy world. I also live my life within the boundaries of the law.

Ever hear of Karma? If you are trying to make sense of this world perhaps you should reconsider being a part of whats wrong with this world.

Guest atruegentleman

Ever hear of Karma? If you are trying to make sense of this world perhaps you should reconsider being a part of whats wrong with this world.

Perhaps you're right.

This is what gets at the meat of it.

Nobody trusts you to run SCC, either. (No offense.) Maybe you've done things that would validate that view, maybe you haven't, but if you went for the job, you'd expect to be held to a higher standard that is appropriate for the greater responsibilities you bear and the greater consequences of failure.

The very fact that so many people are now angry and mistrustful towards Dwyer compromises her ability to do her job. She has no right to be principal, she isn't entitled to it. The position exists for the sake of the students, not for her sake. It belongs with someone who can do it.

Is she entitled to make a mistake like she said or is it up to people like you to come to a conclusion without knowing all the facts? Do you know her friend that has cancer? Did you see the police report? Did you see the video at Wegman's? Or are you basing your judgment and condemnation of another human being entirely on what you read on the internet?

Guest Irish Eyes

Oh, and being half Irish doesn't work. We know for a fact.

What is the difference between and Irish wedding and an Irish funeral?

[Hint: One less drunk.]

Guest atruegentleman

Is she entitled to make a mistake like she said or is it up to people like you to come to a conclusion without knowing all the facts? Do you know her friend that has cancer? Did you see the police report? Did you see the video at Wegman's? Or are you basing your judgment and condemnation of another human being entirely on what you read on the internet?

I would just like to say that blaming your crime on a friend who is dying of cancer is a pretty despicable thing for anyone to do.

Guest Uncle Leo

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where they catch me stuffing a book inside my trenchcoat at Bretanos bookstore.

"What stealing, I'm an old man with a bad memory".

Funny sh!+

I'm going entirely from her own letter.

As I said, even taken at face value, believing her story as-is, without any extraneous consideration, it doesn't work out well for her. If I managed to pull something in my private life that led to me, personally, bringing scorn and harassment down on my employer, I'd expect my ass to be out on the curb. Wouldn't you?

What's wrong with what he did? He told the truth, didn't he? Isn't truth virtuous?

What about all the people who are citing karma in this scandal in reference to Dwyer? Isn't she fabulously hypocritical to ask us to dismiss this incident if she did, in fact, remove students in similar situations? Don't Seton parents have a reasonable interest in knowing if she doesn't practice what she preaches?

Granted, that's not proven, but a whole lot of people seem to rushing forward to bring it up, so I'm inclined to believe them on that count.

I would just like to say that blaming your crime on a friend who is dying of cancer is a pretty despicable thing for anyone to do.

"Blaming"? Have you ever personally experienced someone close to you dying of cancer?

Perhaps then Ms. Dwyer should release all this information. If it's exculpatory, it would be the prudent thing to do. Fact of the matter is, she hasn't been forthcoming and has acted like this is no big deal. Well, for a person in her position, it is a big deal. And we all have a right o be skeptical until she proves otherwise.

Even if it's true. It's just pathetic.

If you screw up, don't make excuses. Just own it. Her letter doesn't even seem to hint that she really thinks she did anything wrong by being careless enough to screw the store out of three loads of groceries. It's just "unfortunate" and "regrettable".

Apparently, when she makes mistakes that hurt people, it's not inherently bad.

"Blaming"? Have you ever personally experienced someone close to you dying of cancer?

I and my father drove my grandmother, his mother, to dialysis several times a year for several years then sat by her side for a week while she slipped in and out of unconsciousness before dying of cancer.

During that time, neither of us stole anything.

Archived