Arrested SCC Principal Mugshot

Guest Trump

Even if it's true. It's just pathetic.

If you screw up, don't make excuses. Just own it. Her letter doesn't even seem to hint that she really thinks she did anything wrong by being careless enough to screw the store out of three loads of groceries. It's just "unfortunate" and "regrettable".

Apparently, when she makes mistakes that hurt people, it's not inherently bad.

Deplorable. The mark of a true psychopath.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Devils Advocate

I'm going entirely from her own letter.

As I said, even taken at face value, believing her story as-is, without any extraneous consideration, it doesn't work out well for her. If I managed to pull something in my private life that led to me, personally, bringing scorn and harassment down on my employer, I'd expect my ass to be out on the curb. Wouldn't you?

In her own letter she admitted to making a mistake. And all I can as a fellow human being without knowing the facts is to take her word for it. The scorn and harassment towards her employer is being committed by individuals like you who without knowing all the facts want to ruin her personal and professional life.

What's wrong with what he did? He told the truth, didn't he? Isn't truth virtuous?

What about all the people who are citing karma in this scandal in reference to Dwyer? Isn't she fabulously hypocritical to ask us to dismiss this incident if she did, in fact, remove students in similar situations? Don't Seton parents have a reasonable interest in knowing if she doesn't practice what she preaches?

Granted, that's not proven, but a whole lot of people seem to rushing forward to bring it up, so I'm inclined to believe them on that count.

He did tell the truth and it was virtuous. Can't you grant Dyer the same commendation? Again - you are basing your thoughts and ideas strictly on what you see posted here without truly knowing the facts about the student or Dwyer.

A whole lot of people rushed forward to bring it up because we live in a very cruel world where people delight in the misfortunes of others without knowing all the facts. Is that the type of world you want to live in?

I and my father drove my grandmother, his mother, to dialysis several times a year for several years then sat by her side for a week while she slipped in and out of unconsciousness before dying of cancer.

During that time, neither of us stole anything.

Which makes you better then her and automatically gives you the right to publicly condemn her. Am I getting this right?

Perhaps then Ms. Dwyer should release all this information. If it's exculpatory, it would be the prudent thing to do. Fact of the matter is, she hasn't been forthcoming and has acted like this is no big deal. Well, for a person in her position, it is a big deal. And we all have a right o be skeptical until she proves otherwise.

You have all the facts and have interviewed all people involved in this incident which makes you be able to come to the conclusion without any doubt that she did not in fact make an honest mistake, but went to the store with the intention of stealing. Cast the first stone. As a matter of fact, throw the whole pile at her. In your eyes you must be a much better person than she is. How did you ever obtain your state of perfection?

Wow! I can't believe what a commotion this has caused! Granted her letter doesn't make much sense to me, but then I don't know the woman. She made some mistakes, who hasn't? Why she did what she did we'll probably never know. In that situation, who wouldn't try to save their butt? It was a private matter that happened months ago and was settled. Done. Then somebody leaks it out and all hell breaks loose. I'm just surprised at how cruel people can be. Posting her picture on facebook so everyone can have some laughs? What the hell is wrong with you people? Put yourself in her shoes. Yes, what she did was wrong, but come on!!! Are you really enjoying watching this person suffer?

Very carefully.

Then I suggest you continue to be careful. It is not often that we mere mortals are graced to be in the presence of a mortal God.

Wow! I can't believe what a commotion this has caused! Granted her letter doesn't make much sense to me, but then I don't know the woman. She made some mistakes, who hasn't? Why she did what she did we'll probably never know. In that situation, who wouldn't try to save their butt? It was a private matter that happened months ago and was settled. Done. Then somebody leaks it out and all hell breaks loose. I'm just surprised at how cruel people can be. Posting her picture on facebook so everyone can have some laughs? What the hell is wrong with you people? Put yourself in her shoes. Yes, what she did was wrong, but come on!!! Are you really enjoying watching this person suffer?

They are rooting for the person on the left side of this picture instead of the one on the right. It's a very sad world we live in.

Guest atruegentleman

Again I ask: What kind of impact is this woman making on her students if so many of them are happy to see this happening.

Guest atruegentleman

They are rooting for the person on the left side of this picture instead of the one on the right. It's a very sad world we live in.

With all due respect, Satan looks MUCH more badass than Jesus does in this picture.

Again I ask: What kind of impact is this woman making on her students if so many of them are happy to see this happening.

I really don't give a crap. Nobody should be happy watching someone else suffer, no matter what kind of person they are. That's just evil. Just remember, God is watching us!

When you were in High School did you resent any type of authority? And where do you get the information that "so many of them are happy to see this happening"? The internet again? And if it is in fact true, perhaps a large number of them have parents like you who taught them to revel in the misfortune of others.

Guest atruegentleman

I really don't give a crap. Nobody should be happy watching someone else suffer, no matter what kind of person they are. That's just evil. Just remember, God is watching us!

It's true. Unfortunately, that's the culture we live in. Next time you're in the grocery check out line, something Ms. Dwyer is apparently not familiar with, look at the reading material being sold on the racks. Next time you turn on CNN notice how much time is devoted to gossip. It's an American past time.

With all due respect, Satan looks MUCH more badass than Jesus does in this picture.

Your sense of humor should really be applied elsewhere. In my opinion you seem to be an intelligent person. Karma. ;)

I disagree with your assessment. I can't speak for others, but I'm not rooting for anyone's demise. I'm not saying people can't make mistakes and we can't forgive them. They do and we should. But sometimes, when people in positions of authority make certain mistakes while tenured with that authority, it becomes inappropriate to entrust that authority to that person any longer. I'm not saying she needs to be run out of town, nor am i saying that she now loger has a place in the education system. But questioning her authority as a principle--a school administrator--at this point is legitimate.

And you know what, maybe you're right. Maybe this is just one big mix up. But as it stands, her response to it is inadequate. Maybe if the situation is explained more fully, then people really will understand that this was an accident as she claims it was. It's an unfortunate situation to be in for everyone, and I derive no joy from seeing someones career placed in jeopardy for any reason. But to suggest that people should not be concerned about the conduct of someone who exercises great control of the lives of their children is somehow illigitimate or is of less importance than the feelings of that person is wrong.

That's the last I'm going to say about this.

Guest atruegentleman

When you were in High School did you resent any type of authority? And where do you get the information that "so many of them are happy to see this happening"? The internet again? And if it is in fact true, perhaps a large number of them have parents like you who taught them to revel in the misfortune of others.

I did not resent authority figures based solely on the fact that they were authority figures. I judge everyone on an individual level. I am not reveling in the misfortune of others. I am simply commenting on an issue that has people riled up. Most of the time I am just being facetious.

What started this thread? Was it the posting of the "mug shot"??

It's too bad that a prominent citizen's faults have now become public. All that aside, I want to know how someone can get a mug shot of anyone who is arrested when they are not convicted and more specifically, how do you get one on a sealed file?

I think the book should be thrown at whoever released the mug shot in JC and whoever received it and initially posted it. I feel sorry for Ms Dwyer and the damage it could do to the Catholic school system. I am really mad, though, that sensitive private information was leaked by a government agency and subsequently posted for all to see on the internet.

Responses to my post:

Are you some kind of idiot? The woman repeatly stole from a store! She got special treatment because of who she was! Would you feel bad for someone who was down and out? I thought not! I was thinking what if the pictures were received before the file was sealed? That then would have been legal. Who would you proscute? The sheiffs office? Johnson City PD? State Police? Who?

Wow. Really? The woman committed a crime and got away with it. But you want the person who publicly exposed this to "have the book thrown at them"? You're mad that "sensitive" information became public, information that should have been public in April yet you feel sorry for her? She stole 3 times and you feel sorry for her? Is that really what you're saying? You stand by this? You're so backwards that I'm having trouble believing it myself.

Don't you think that parents have a right to know if the person in charge of their children's school is engaging in criminal activity?

So let me try to do a better job explaining what I meant. I in no way endorse or defend what she did. She committed a crime even though she was not convicted of one. Her life is now ruined. She had developed a commendable career in a very commendable profession only to have it ruined by an act that makes no sense at all. She certainly did not do it because she had no money and needed food. Up till now, she had a very respected standing in the community. Her act is baffling and we do not know all the details such as restitution made by her to the store, apparently to everyone's satisfaction. This event will now be her legacy. That is why I feel sorry for her. She has lost her reputation and will likely be forced to resign her job.

On the other side, I would like to know how sealed information is allowed to be leaked to the public. Perhaps my anger is also being influenced by the current Wikileaks situation but I would hope that if the justice systems determines for whatever reason not to prosecute any crime for any person and determines it is appropriate to seal details, no one should be able to get mug shots from the arrest records. That crime makes me madder than this sad case of a ruined well known citizen. I hope this person gets the same attention as Julian Assange.

It's true. Unfortunately, that's the culture we live in. Next time you're in the grocery check out line, something Ms. Dwyer is apparently not familiar with, look at the reading material being sold on the racks. Next time you turn on CNN notice how much time is devoted to gossip. It's an American past time.

But do you honestly care? Does your life revolve around the gossip and pleasure of the misfortune of others? I'm sure you'll change your way of thinking as you mature and make countless mistakes of your own as we all have. Would you want to be ridiculed publically like this for your mistakes? I'll bet you'll regret posting those pictures in say 10-20 years. Don't be part of the "so called culture" you say we live in.

He did tell the truth and it was virtuous. Can't you grant Dyer the same commendation?

I think it's nice that she put out a letter, yes. Once someone else brought it to light, of course.

To be frank with you, I don't believe her story one bit, simply because it seems completely implausible. Nobody is going to 'forget' to pay for their groceries three times in a week, when they're confronted by the registers on their way to the door.

However, even if I did, it might be better, but still not satisfactory. That level of carelessness is completely unacceptable, regardless of your personal situation or standing in the community. I appreciate her being honest, but being honest about being wrong still means you're wrong.

Again - you are basing your thoughts and ideas strictly on what you see posted here without truly knowing the facts about the student or Dwyer.

I acknowledged that. It's unproven. I'm inclined to believe it, but it doesn't matter whether it's true or not for me to conclude that she did something very wrong.

A whole lot of people rushed forward to bring it up because we live in a very cruel world where people delight in the misfortunes of others without knowing all the facts. Is that the type of world you want to live in?

A lot of people rushed forward, apparently, because they feel that she delights in their own misfortunes. That aside, yes, I do want to live in a world where people are morally and socially responsible for their mistakes. I'm aware that a very few people have made cruel remarks, but I don't see how suggesting that she should not be running the school, by far the most common sentiment, is 'cruel'.

Which makes you better then her and automatically gives you the right to publicly condemn her. Am I getting this right?

Why did you bother to ask the question if the answer didn't actually matter to you?

Guest atruegentleman

But do you honestly care? Does your life revolve around the gossip and pleasure of the misfortune of others? I'm sure you'll change your way of thinking as you mature and make countless mistakes of your own as we all have. Would you want to be ridiculed publically like this for your mistakes? I'll bet you'll regret posting those pictures in say 10-20 years. Don't be part of the "so called culture" you say we live in.

No, I don't care. I'm simply trying to explain why so many people are interested in this story. People love a train wreck. The issue here is not so much that she made a stupid mistake but rather refused to accept any blame and did everything she could to cover it up. This goes against every thing that the institution for which she works stands for. In terms of the pictures I posted, I do not regret them. Nor will I regret them in 10-20 years. They are hilarious. The only thing I will and do truly regret is the way this whole thing transpired. From the initial revelation of the photo and the crime to the uproar it has caused.

Guest weinermobile

A few months ago I was at Wegmans and checked out. On my way out to my car, I realized that I had forgotten to point out to the cashier that I had a case of water underneath the cart. Immediately I returned to the store and pointed out the mistake and paid for the water.

Certainly people do become preoccupied or distracted. I know I was that day, but it did dawn on me that I had not paid for something, and I made it right. In Ms Dwyer's case, it would seem to me that a person would realize something was amok as they are loading things into their car that aren't bagged. (the only place where I have seen people putting unbagged groceries into their car is Aldees). Why didn't she return to the store and admit her mistake? Also if she had received an urgent call, then why didn't she just leave the cart full of groceries and go? Not a nice alternative but certainly better than leaving with unpaid groceries.

Maybe this is just one big mix up. But as it stands, her response to it is inadequate. Maybe if the situation is explained more fully, then people really will understand that this was an accident as she claims it was. It's an unfortunate situation to be in for everyone, and I derive no joy from seeing someones career placed in jeopardy for any reason. But to suggest that people should not be concerned about the conduct of someone who exercises great control of the lives of their children is somehow illegitimate or is of less importance than the feelings of that person is wrong.

This. Quoted for truth.

When I was about 20, in the town where I grew up there was a parking space next to the little pavement island at the post office where the drop boxes were. You'd pull in off the street and pull through to drop off your mail. It had a big white arrow on it to make it clear you were only supposed to go in one way.

I parked in the spot, then went to walk across that little driveup, looked both ways, and a girl who obviously had just received her license, since she couldn't have been over 16, crossed the lane and pulled into the driveup *the wrong way*, without looking, at speed, coming out from behind my car where I couldn't see her.

She slammed on the brakes and stopped with her bumper almost touching my knee, and when I looked at her, she giggled and flailed her arms around as if to say "OHMYGOSH! HAHAHA! I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT! IT'S ALL GOOD."

I started to walk on, but came back around to her open window and explained to her that if she hadn't stopped in time, she could have ended up in prison, that she would have belonged there, and that she should be glad it was me, rather than some child with a family who wouldn't be so understanding, who, if she hit their kid, might snap and do something truly horrible to her.

(That last part was the only thing that seemed to register, which is funny, because when I was 16, that's the part of my father's highway safety lecture stuck with me, too. It was true, and it was something I could understand as an idiot teenager.)

"It was an honest mistake" only goes so far when the mistake was honestly stupid and you're hurting other people. Your responsibilities aren't mitigated by personal circumstances. We've all got problems that we're pretty upset about. By her own admission, she made off with three loads of groceries, and nowhere in this letter does she ever just own up and say "sorry". All it really says is that she didn't know she did it and that we should all understand her carelessness and disrespect for the business, as if her problems are more important than everyone else's.

She comes off as a bad person. Maybe she isn't, but yes, it's definitely inadequate.

In Ms Dwyer's case, it would seem to me that a person would realize something was amok as they are loading things into their car that aren't bagged.

...and there's no receipt. ...and you still have all your money.

Three times in two weeks, all of them honest mistakes, rolling obliviously past the checkout lanes? This is an incredibly difficult story to believe.

Guest Julia Allison

It is truly unfortunate that Ms. Dwyer did not receive some form of real justice, ie. punishment like community service, as she seems out of touch with reality, not to mention INDIGNANT and obnoxiously SELF-RIGHTEOUS. Her letter is a reflection of her warped mindset where she would have us believe that it is perfectly normal to just traipse out of a store with unpaid merchandise if you were under the type of stress that only she apparently experiences. She needs to be removed from her position immediately and I intend to express my concerns to the diocese.

Archived