Arrested SCC Principal Mugshot

Guest Trump

You guys have a lot of nerve. I mean, sure she is in a position of power and is supposed to set a moral and ethical example for the students in her school. She stole a little food. So what. Where does it say in The Bible not to steal?

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it will stay speculation becasue she will not be held accountable for her crime. She will get an ACD instead of JAIL, or even a record. So, unless you can shame her or the DA into truthfullness, it will stay another dirty little secret.

Not anti catholic, anti Dwyer. Finally this holier than thou, I'm better than you are, pretentious, pompous, sloth is getting her "just desserts." Eat em up Kath. Merry Christmas.

You guys have a lot of nerve. I mean, sure she is in a position of power and is supposed to set a moral and ethical example for the students in her school. She stole a little food. So what. Where does it say in The Bible not to steal?

The eighth commandment in the Old Testament that the Catholics don't follow.

Guest trivia freak

From what I understand, ADAs usually try to give people a break on their first offense if they don't have a criminal record and/or are otherwise upstanding members of society.

That is such a crock. I had a problem 2 years ago,Minor case of road rage,cut off by a woman who nearly took out my truck. caught her at a red light,got out,hollered and slapped my hand on the car roof. Long story short ,busted for criminal mischief,3rd degree felony. Last time i was in trouble as when I was 13 yrs.old,45 yrs ago. Luckily the lady who was my P.O. looked up my record and said she had never seen anything like this. She found out that the judge was buddies with the woman who's roof I had slapped . Needless to say ,she cut me from probation after 2 months Like the old saying goes "It's not who you know".

I have learned that over the last 48 hours, there have been meetings in Binghamton and Syracuse. Some at the local level insist that Syracuse was "aware" of the incident.

Letter allegedly sent home to SCC students via KD:

"Dear Parents, Pastors, Board Members and Students,

It has been brought to my attention that there is some information on the internet regarding an unfortunate set of circumstances that I experienced last April. I normally do not respond to anonymous chatter on the internet, but because this has the potential of being personally and professionally harmful to me and more importantly to the Seton Catholic Central community, I feel I must present you with accurate information.

Here are the facts:

I have been caring for a dear friend who is dying of cancer. Last Spring, I stopped at the grocery store and after two calls from my ill friend, I was distracted. In my haste to get to her, I started to leave the store with the grocery items. This unintentional act alerted store personnel. In my conversations with them, I was informed that my actions, regrettably, were not isolated to this event. There had been two other incidents within the same two week period. I was shocked and had no recollection of these actions. It was at this point that I realized the level of my stress and the necessity for me to deal with these difficult personal issues. Charges were filed. After a review of the incident, all charges were dismissed. The issue is resolved.

You may ask, why didn’t I bring this to your attention when it occurred? My reason was simple – the situation was unfortunate, unintentional and clearly a misunderstanding. I assure you that such actions are highly uncharacteristic of me. I am grateful to you for your understanding and hope that we can now all continue with the business at hand which is moving our Seton Catholic Central community forward.

May God bless you and your families during this Advent Season.

Sincerely,

Kathleen M. Dwyer

Principal"

There is no way the previous two times she did this before being caught the last time that she didn't realize what she had done. Who gets to their car with groceries not in bags and unloads without knowing what they did? This whole I've been distracted crap is just that, crap. She knew what she did and her excuse doesn't make any sense. Shes in a position of power in this area and used that to get out of trouble. People like this who have money and a high social status will often steal for the rush/high it brings knowing they got away with a scam.

"In my conversations with them, I was informed that my actions, regrettably, were not isolated to this event. There had been two other incidents within the same two week period. I was shocked and had no recollection of these actions."

DWYER: Oh heavens me... I've done this on TWO previous occasions? I simply have no recollection of that...

MOLLEN: Thanks for clearing that up Ms. Dwyer, I'll drop the charges and you can be on your way. Have a nice day.

--vs.--

MOLLEN: So where did you get those drugs the cops found in your car?

SOME GUY: I told you, I didn't know that there were drugs in my car. I have no idea how they got there.

MOLLEN: Sure buddy, see you in court.

I find it interesting that Kathy frequently spoke of how she grew up with the Wegman's in Rochester and that she was great friends with Danny Wegman. How ironic she would be caught shoplifting there.....maybe she contacted Danny and he dropped the charges? Regardless, she will have lost all credibility with her students and some of her faculty......

You know, in any event, should someone who can't recall shoplifting on three separate occasions be running a high school? Regardless of actual guilt?

Very true statement. What else has she forgotten during the time shes had these supposed memory losses? Teacher/student abuse complaints, financial dealings with the school, ect. She should be suspended from her job and given a psych review that she passes before being allowed to resume her duties.

Gee, I'm under plenty of stress, and I've never remembered to pay for my groceries........three times!? If this letter is actually authentic, where is the apology and contrition? It's just excuses for bad behavior. The tone of the letter is condescending.

Gee, I'm under plenty of stress, and I've never remembered to pay for my groceries........three times!? If this letter is actually authentic, where is the apology and contrition? It's just excuses for bad behavior. The tone of the letter is condescending.

Agreed. I'm disgusted.

Guest Out of town guest

I am a Catholic Central grad and a Catholic high school teacher. If this letter is authentic, Ms. Dwyer is either an unapologetic liar, or she is psychologically impaired. I am middle aged and have experienced (like all people of my age) periods of personal stress, mourning, death of a loved one, financial stress, etc. According to this letter, she walked out of a grocery store THREE time without paying for her groceries and was not aware of what she had done.

The principal of my school deals with so many problems throughout the day. She is bright, calm and deals with issues in an amazing way. Principals are the spokespeople for their schools.

How can the students and staff of Seton function with a leader like this?

I really feel sad... I love my memories of the school....

The eighth commandment in the Old Testament that the Catholics don't follow.

Okay, so it does say in The Bible not to steal. It also says not to bear false witness or to covet thy neighbors wife. I'm sure you've all done those. I know I have. Especially the one about my neighbors wife. She's hot.

This is insane! How is she able to get away with this?

Because in the Catholic church you can step into a confessional and have your indiscretions and crimes, intentional or not, absolved by a priest. If this is good enough for the church then it is good enough for the DA.

Because in the Catholic church you can step into a confessional and have your indiscretions and crimes, intentional or not, absolved by a priest. If this is good enough for the church then it is good enough for the DA.

You know, despite the dastardly deeds of one Kathleen Dwyer...

The continual Catholic bashing is unnecessary and unrelated to the matter at hand.

Grow up.

I am a Catholic Central grad and a Catholic high school teacher. If this letter is authentic, Ms. Dwyer is either an unapologetic liar, or she is psychologically impaired. I am middle aged and have experienced (like all people of my age) periods of personal stress, mourning, death of a loved one, financial stress, etc. According to this letter, she walked out of a grocery store THREE time without paying for her groceries and was not aware of what she had done.

The principal of my school deals with so many problems throughout the day. She is bright, calm and deals with issues in an amazing way. Principals are the spokespeople for their schools.

How can the students and staff of Seton function with a leader like this?

I really feel sad... I love my memories of the school....

Archived