Arrested SCC Principal Mugshot

Guest Trump

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've read the stream of colorful, and somewhat comical remarks in regard to Ms. Dwyer, I can remain silent no longer. As a citizen of this community how can we allow for someone in a high profile (an educator mind you), continue to have her actions be made of Teflon. From what her formal statement to her local school community said, I truly hope she doesn't actually expect us to believe that not once, but several times she walked out with groceries while forgetting to pay. What would she say if a student gave her that story. While Seton Catholic has had a long standing reputation, it is no secret that enrollment is, and has been on a decline over past 10. Is Ms. Dwyer to blame? This incident really makes me wonder....

SCCHS strives to create an environment that is structured and conducive to learning. Our rules are based on Christian values and beliefs

The previous statement is an exert from the code of conduct of SCCHS website. How can we allow someone who has set their moral standard not only at an all time low, but one that has crossed the threshold of legality go seemingly un-noticed/un-reported on/and unpunished. I truly believe she should be held accountable not only for her actions at Wegmans, but her continued employment at SCCHS. With educators losing their jobs on a yearly basis due to the current economic climate, allowing one who acts criminally to remain in position would be extremely negligent on our part.

I find the fact that this was not reported in the press and sun or on the news to be very convenient. Schools deal with reporters and media outlets all the time on particular scholastic issues, news releases, ad time (especially a private school), etc...the fact this did not surface back in April leads me to believe she has people pulling favors for her.

If anyone has access to a credible media outlet, lets let the truth be known. This women cannot remain in charge of children. Let's start educating our students by letting them know that you are held accountable for your actions.

The Lord is with her but not necessarily with you.

Apparently being Irish, Catholic and Democratic in Broome County absolves one of all sins; moral, ethical, spiritual and criminal.

Englishmen, Jews and Republicans, you pay full price.

Amen.

Ok I do not know this woman. With the position she is in as a leader and mentor to these youth, it is unfortunate that this happened to her IF she is telling the truth that she was in fact under such distress. BUT in a way you have to wonder how mentally stable she is to be running a highschool, conviction or not, she dug the hole claiming she was completely unaware of it, how is she in a position to judge students with everyday issues needing punishment and forgiveness, yet she is seeking from the public? It's a complete and utter contridiction and my belief accident or not, she should resign. Sealed or not it doesn't take away the fact that it happened. Forgive her for her sins but send her on her way... To early retirement.

Controversial as it may be, if not for BCVoice, this would still be under the carpet. The "explanation" from Ms Dwyer is ludicrous and sounds like an excuse she has heard from one of her students. This woman should do the right thing and resign. There is no other option.

Do what myself and many others have already done... I encourage everyone who feels passionate about this, the future of Catholic schools in our area and our children to voice their opinion where it can make a difference. Enough is enough!

Broome County Catholic Schools Superintendent Christopher Mominey. Contact Info: Cmominey@syrdiocese.org

Guest atruegentleman

I am a former Seton Catholic Central High School student who graduated in 2003. During my time at the school I don’t recall having much personal contact with Ms. Dwyer nor do I remember her slighting me in any way. With that being said, I obtained the mug shot online on December 3rd or 4th and found it to be quite humorous. The reason for this was not because I have any ill will toward Ms. Dwyer, but rather due to the fact that the last person I ever expected to see in a mug shot was my former catholic high school principal, who is also a woman. I posted this photograph on my Facebook page with a caption saying simply, “This is for anyone that went to Seton.” While this photo looks very much like an arrest photo, I never stated that it was. I posted this photo intending for it to be laughed about by friends who are also former SCCHS students. Within days it has blown up and I started hearing various news about the case from a number of sources. I then began creating images of Ms. Dwyer participating in various criminal activities. Images that I may add are extremely humorous. It is my understanding that there has been much talk and rumors about this issue circulating for quite some time and that this photo simply verified what everyone already knew. You’re welcome.

I am a former Seton Catholic Central High School student who graduated in 2003. During my time at the school I don’t recall having much personal contact with Ms. Dwyer nor do I remember her slighting me in any way. With that being said, I obtained the mug shot online on December 3rd or 4th and found it to be quite humorous. The reason for this was not because I have any ill will toward Ms. Dwyer, but rather due to the fact that the last person I ever expected to see in a mug shot was my former catholic high school principal, who is also a woman. I posted this photograph on my Facebook page with a caption saying simply, “This is for anyone that went to Seton.” While this photo looks very much like an arrest photo, I never stated that it was. I posted this photo intending for it to be laughed about by friends who are also former SCCHS students. Within days it has blown up and I started hearing various news about the case from a number of sources. I then began creating images of Ms. Dwyer participating in various criminal activities. Images that I may add are extremely humorous. It is my understanding that there has been much talk and rumors about this issue circulating for quite some time and that this photo simply verified what everyone already knew. You’re welcome.

You are truly a modern day Robin Hood. Bravo!

Guest atruegentleman

You are truly a modern day Robin Hood. Bravo!

Thank you. You are correct. Though, it was never my intention to expose Ms. Dwyers' crimes but rather to make fun of her by creating humorous photos utilizing her mugshot.

Yeah right...

Someone released a photo from a sealed legal action. I'm sure the DA will find the source soon enough. Maybe you can share a cell with Ms Dwyer.

Guest atruegentleman

Yeah right...

Someone released a photo from a sealed legal action. I'm sure the DA will find the source soon enough. Maybe you can share a cell with Ms Dwyer.

Well, I will not be sharing a cell with anyone due to the fact that the photo was not initially release by me nor was there any indication that this was from a sealed legal action. You may say that it's an invasion of privacy but you would be wrong as it's a matter of public concern.

Thank you. You are correct. Though, it was never my intention to expose Ms. Dwyers' crimes but rather to make fun of her by creating humorous photos utilizing her mugshot.

Just goes to show you a faith-based education isn't worth spit.

Yeah right...

Do't be ridiculouis.

If you obtain the information before anything is sealed you can do whatever you like with it.

Take for instance the Matthew T. Ryan arrest and conviction in Vestal. He had that sealed on Nov. 7, 2005, the day beofre the elction but we know that at least one guy has it and he uses it all over the place.

Guest former saint

I'm not so sure this was a massive coverup. I'm not so sure the diocese knew about this, or provided her with a lawyer. I suspect things like this happen often, and if there's some type of explanation, charges may be dropped.

We certainly don't hear or read about every arrest for shoplifting in this area.

With that said, the powers in Syracuse need to act decisively, and do it now. She should be asked to resign for the good of the school. Even if the "excuse" is true (I don't believe it.), she has no business running a school.

She can no longer be effective.

We must remember that the vast majority of residents and "leaders" in Broome County are complete scum and have no sense of right and wrong. What is unusual is that this scummy tendency transcends social, economic, political and racial statuses.

This once lovely community has turned into a complete wasteland in only two decades (and much of it was not community member's faults). The intelligent and community centered people have moved because they were intelligent enough to realize the change that was thrust upon them.

A tangible example would be that the only people who can write in proper sentences on this forum are people who state that they have moved out of the area. Also, more abstractly, the only "connected" and "established" citizens left in the community do not care about the area. Simply ask any regional charitable foundation, "Are you having trouble finding board members?" They will answer with a, "yes" desperately followed by, "Would you be interesting in serving on our board?" Residents in the community (of both sides of the political isle) used to hold these positions with great honor because they were able to give back. Now, people regard these positions as a waste of time. Personal goals and ambitions now trump any sense of community. We could all name a few names that fit this profile.

In regard to our friend Kathy, is anyone surprised that this thug of a principal is a hypocrite? Would anyone be surprised if many "leaders" in the community are hypocritical or corrupt? The answer is a resounding, "Of course not!"

This conclusion leads us back to the original statement. The majority of Broome County residents and "leaders" are complete scum. If you regard yourself as an upstanding member of society, you may be correct. Remember, though, that you are in the minority.

I will leave you with this: if you care about the community I implore you to do your best to root out corruption and criminal activity. Do not be surprised when events like this occur, though.

Guest Saddened

As a parent who has paid full tuition to send my child through Catholic Schools here in Broome County, it is my opinion that anyone who can walk out of a grocery store with a cart full of unpaid groceries 3x's and not realize what they are doing, should not be driving a car. Certainly not be in an administrative position..and those are the facts. Her own definition of how this happened is based on her stress level not a blatant attempt to steal. If her personal circumstances have created such stress that these types of events are occurring then it is time for Ms. Dwyer to seek professional help to manage these types of situations better. If I tried to use the same type of excuse for the same type of behavior my consequences would be much different. Part of the Catholic School education is teaching the consequences of your actions. Understanding how it happened is not the same as being held responsible for your actions. I fail to see how she was held responsible for theft.

Ms Dwyer states in her letter that this was an unfortunate personal situation, not true. Her behavior is a reflection of her ability to manage stress. As a High School Principal the ability to handle stress on a daily basis is a key component of her job qualifications. It would have gone a long way had she address how she was seeking positive skills for managing her stress levels. So though she may feel this was a personal issue, I would disagree. Anyone in a position of authority looses this privacy. This is a very very sad situation.

Again...

Do what myself and many others have already done... I encourage everyone who feels passionate about this, the future of Catholic schools in our area and our children to voice their opinion where it can make a difference. Enough is enough!

Broome County Catholic Schools Superintendent Christopher Mominey. Contact Info: Cmominey@syrdiocese.org

We must remember that the vast majority of residents and "leaders" in Broome County are complete scum and have no sense of right and wrong. What is unusual is that this scummy tendency transcends social, economic, political and racial statuses.

This once lovely community has turned into a complete wasteland in only two decades (and much of it was not community member's faults). The intelligent and community centered people have moved because they were intelligent enough to realize the change that was thrust upon them.

A tangible example would be that the only people who can write in proper sentences on this forum are people who state that they have moved out of the area. Also, more abstractly, the only "connected" and "established" citizens left in the community do not care about the area. Simply ask any regional charitable foundation, "Are you having trouble finding board members?" They will answer with a, "yes" desperately followed by, "Would you be interesting in serving on our board?" Residents in the community (of both sides of the political isle) used to hold these positions with great honor because they were able to give back. Now, people regard these positions as a waste of time. Personal goals and ambitions now trump any sense of community. We could all name a few names that fit this profile.

In regard to our friend Kathy, is anyone surprised that this thug of a principal is a hypocrite? Would anyone be surprised if many "leaders" in the community are hypocritical or corrupt? The answer is a resounding, "Of course not!"

This conclusion leads us back to the original statement. The majority of Broome County residents and "leaders" are complete scum. If you regard yourself as an upstanding member of society, you may be correct. Remember, though, that you are in the minority.

I will leave you with this: if you care about the community I implore you to do your best to root out corruption and criminal activity. Do not be surprised when events like this occur, though.

Apparently you never hear any news outside of this area. It is certainly not a local phenomena.

Again...

Awww...Why be so light on the women???...Just go to her house a burn a cross in her front yard, that'll teach her !!!.. :P

Awww...Why be so light on the women???...Just go to her house a burn a cross in her front yard, that'll teach her !!!.. :P

It's absurd that ANYONE could be defending this woman at this point. It's the definition of corruption.

Apparently you never hear any news outside of this area. It is certainly not a local phenomena.

Many areas of the country are similar, I'll give you that. There are also just as many areas which are great places to live. Get out of this town for a week and see for yourself.

You're proud of this? What if this was YOU in this, or any other situation? Would it still be humorous?

You're proud of this? What if this was YOU in this, or any other situation? Would it still be humorous?

Proud of exposing corruption and criminal activity? The never of this man! A gentelman is the last thing I would call him!

Archived