2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too early to be thinking of next year??

It's never too early to be thinking next season. I guaruntee all the good programs are already prepping for 2012.

As usual Vestal and M-e will b the class of stac

Did you post it twice because you're trying to convince yourself? UE will finally have both talent and a real coach who actually knows something about soccer - don't count them out.

U-E lost all there attack w/ kilmarx and mastronari graduating. I don't see who would fill there shoes

Not so. Those guys are decent players, for sure, but only they think their shoes are too big to fill.

Guest joemama

Dear god don't even joke about Shane cook at UE... the new coach will be Hollenbeck. UE's going down the drain, the talent is leaving and what's coming up isn't too stellar. They'll beat Bing and Elmira but that's about it. Nothing respectable like this last season

Dear god don't even joke about Shane cook at UE... the new coach will be Hollenbeck. UE's going down the drain, the talent is leaving and what's coming up isn't too stellar. They'll beat Bing and Elmira but that's about it. Nothing respectable like this last season

This year's juniors are far better as a class than the seniors, and there are several talented players coming up next year and beyond. With decent coaching they will have a great season.

Didn't UE lose 10 starters? And to say that they'll beat Bing and Elmira-don't you realize that Elmira matched UE well this fall, losing by one twice. They return much more than UE, so I would presume that Elmira could definitely beat UE.

Bing will be the weakest team in STAC by a large margin next fall.

Prediction for Metro:

1. Vestal (9-2-1)-just not as dominate as year's past, but good enough to win division

2. ME (7-4-1)-lost some offensive fire power, but return a lot-takes a bit to figure out scoring

3. UE (6-6-2)-.500 is the guess, but just not sure what will happen

4. Bing (0-12)-lose a ton of senior players that were impact players-will be four years until another decent team-sad because coach is a great guy

Prediction for West:

1. Elmira (10-2)-return of Alex V., goal keeper is best in conference, win a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games

2. Ithaca (9-2-1)-like Vestal, good, but just not as year's past, Elmira surpasses them to take title

Didn't UE lose 10 starters? And to say that they'll beat Bing and Elmira-don't you realize that Elmira matched UE well this fall, losing by one twice. They return much more than UE, so I would presume that Elmira could definitely beat UE.

Bing will be the weakest team in STAC by a large margin next fall.

Prediction for Metro:

1. Vestal (9-2-1)-just not as dominate as year's past, but good enough to win division

2. ME (7-4-1)-lost some offensive fire power, but return a lot-takes a bit to figure out scoring

3. UE (6-6-2)-.500 is the guess, but just not sure what will happen

4. Bing (0-12)-lose a ton of senior players that were impact players-will be four years until another decent team-sad because coach is a great guy

Prediction for West:

1. Elmira (10-2)-return of Alex V., goal keeper is best in conference, win a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games

2. Ithaca (9-2-1)-like Vestal, good, but just not as year's past, Elmira surpasses them to take title

Good post. Elmira lost to U-E THREE times by 1-goal each match (1-2, 2-3, 3-4).

I think everyone, with the exception of Elmira, Corning, and maybe M-E loses a ton of players. Not sure were the previous posted lumped Elmira in with Binghamton. Elmira (or at least EFA) has been the class of STAC West for years. Probably only a matter of time before they are as competitive again.

Vestal and Ithaca may be down for their own standards, but they are still VERY quality teams/programs.

I did notice that I had some teams out of twelve games, and others fourteen. Below is the re-predictions, haha. I also did not predict Horseheads or Corning. Does anyone know how either will look next year? I'm just not sure completely. I know in winter right now, United FC is dominated the older age groups. Our U18 UFC team played a young looking Corning team and won 3-1. They move the ball well, but it is indoor. I don't see any teams in the indoor that are listed as Horseheads, and if I remember right, they play for the SC club. Any insight?

Metro:

Vestal: 10-2-2

ME: 10-4

UE: 6-6-2

Binghamton: 0-13-1

West:

Elmira: 11-2-1

Ithaca:10-3-1

Elmira 11-2?? I know they have a good forward, but look what happened this year when there team failed to get him the ball.. If I am right, I heard Elmira lost a good number of seniors this year as well. Do they have the defense and midfield to help out there top striker? I'm not convinced.

Me neither, really. I think the West will be a battle between Ithaca and Corning. I actually give the edge to Ithaca based on their past winning-but wouldn't be surprised to see Corning take another step forward.

The best part about this "predicition" is the fact that no one even knows how many games will be on the schedule next year. The Metro/West teams are trying to not have to play each other twice so teams can go to tournaments or add other games. The East/Central teams can't play twice in crossovers due to a game limit and the other half wants the same. Hell some teams on that side only got 12 games including Sectionals this year and that was less than the regular season for the other half of the league.

Also NYS is redoing the classification numbers for Sectionals again, looks like the limits will be going down, rumor has it AA will be 900+ down from 925..Class A could go as low as 475 but I'll guess it will be closer to 500-900. Won't even try to guess where the B/C cut line will be but Lansing could get moved back up again to B, that would really change things up.

Me neither, really. I think the West will be a battle between Ithaca and Corning. I actually give the edge to Ithaca based on their past winning-but wouldn't be surprised to see Corning take another step forward.

I have to think that the West will be a battle between Ithaca, Elmira, and Corning and they are all different teams. Corning returns the most players I think so they should be a pretty decent team. Ithaca will be the most talented, and Elmira is always organized and well coached, but doesn't seem to have the overall talent as other teams in West/Metro. So we have to give the edge to Corning in terms of returning talent, Ithaca for overall talent, and Elmira in coaching. If I had to predict, i'd say it's going to be Ithaca - until someone else proves they are the 2nd best team in STAC, then Elmira - based on prior success, then Corning - based solely on track-record. However, I could see any of them winning the West.

All three teams were odd last season and don't give us much to work with during the off-season. Ithaca posted the most wins, but really struggled at times with consistancy proven by a loss to Elmira. Elmira only won 3 matches, but 2 of them were against some of the best teams in STAC (Ith and ME) and competed well with almost everyone. Corning didn't post any marquee wins and rarely do, but they always seem to beat the teams they are supposed to beat as well as knocked off Elmira twice. We'll see. Should be a great season in 2012.

I have to think that the West will be a battle between Ithaca, Elmira, and Corning and they are all different teams. Corning returns the most players I think so they should be a pretty decent team. Ithaca will be the most talented, and Elmira is always organized and well coached, but doesn't seem to have the overall talent as other teams in West/Metro. So we have to give the edge to Corning in terms of returning talent, Ithaca for overall talent, and Elmira in coaching. If I had to predict, i'd say it's going to be Ithaca - until someone else proves they are the 2nd best team in STAC, then Elmira - based on prior success, then Corning - based solely on track-record. However, I could see any of them winning the West.

All three teams were odd last season and don't give us much to work with during the off-season. Ithaca posted the most wins, but really struggled at times with consistancy proven by a loss to Elmira. Elmira only won 3 matches, but 2 of them were against some of the best teams in STAC (Ith and ME) and competed well with almost everyone. Corning didn't post any marquee wins and rarely do, but they always seem to beat the teams they are supposed to beat as well as knocked off Elmira twice. We'll see. Should be a great season in 2012.

I could see that. I think Ithaca may be down more than any year in recent past, but that still doesn't mean they'll be a bad team.

Ithaca will not be bad. By their standards, not as good, but no where near "bad". Both matches with Corning last year were winnable by an inexperienced Corning squad. Elmira beat them, which has been identified as "luck", but as anyone knowledgable about soccer, especially high school soccer knows, luck is an important element. So do I think Elmira or Corning could win-sure, but.........

This is why I do not see Elmira winning the West. They continue to have one player that is real strong this year, and lack a strong supporting cast. They lose most of their defense,which was marginal at best this fall, had no midfield play to speak of anyway, and more than likely will move one of their top three-five field players into the goal (at least I know he plays gaol in travel, and was the GK for Southside in 2010). They will once again have to rely on Alex V. too much. He is a great player, but no one player can win matches in this league.

I also don't know about Corning winning. They seem to be the opposite of Elmira. They lack the "star" power (don't have an Alex V.), and are focused on team combination/team play, almost to a complete fault. Until that "star" emerges, I see Ithaca winning the West next year. In the matches I saw this fall, Corning players appeared afraid to "pull the trigger" on shots, always looking for a better opportunity. Maybe that was youth/inexperience, but maybe it was just Corning?

I do not see Horseheads having much of a chance at all. I see them last in the West, as their JV program was terrible, and they lose almost everything from the varsity level.

Archived