2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's got they're last 4 goals. Mastronardi, McGraw, or Dimichelle have barely played a role in UE's last few goals.

No one says they have to, sounds like 3 quality players do what needs to be done to win these past few games.

Guest soccerfan2

Sounds like 3 overinflated egos to me

Yes and if anyone thinks Mac F is the only threat that Vestal provides, they got it totally wrong! You really don't understand the threats that Vestal has on offense and you definatley don;t understand that those same offensive threats are outstanding defenders as well. The threat of Vestal is that they have complete weapons and it is certainly not Mac F...that's the problem with even Vestal parents, one player has a couple scoring games and all of a sudden he is the big threat (and the rest of the offense). Wow you just don't get it.

Yes and if anyone thinks Mac F is the only threat that Vestal provides, they got it totally wrong! You really don't understand the threats that Vestal has on offense and you definatley don;t understand that those same offensive threats are outstanding defenders as well. The threat of Vestal is that they have complete weapons and it is certainly not Mac F...that's the problem with even Vestal parents, one player has a couple scoring games and all of a sudden he is the big threat (and the rest of the offense). Wow you just don't get it.

Agreed. The Vestal varsity team is just that, a total team. Not just some skilled players, but many skilled players who just work great as a team. They're great to watch. I wouldn't bet against them.

UE has a solid keeper, a respectable defense, demichel mastronardi and mcgraw in the midfield, and kilmarx up top.

Vestal has 8 starting travel players, and has been scored on once this year. I think we can all gree that they have an amount of quality that is very rare in high school soccer.

Tall order for the UE boys, but maybe theyll get lucky. if kilmarx can score one early and the defense holds up, it might be interesting to watch Vestal start bickering; they haven't been LOSING a game since last year. wish I could watch, report the scores quickly please and goo luck to both teams!

would you take the UE keeper Barton over Calvey?? I dont think that's even close so vestal has the advantage right from the start and many other positions throught the field

Guest soccerfan2

Agreed. The Vestal varsity team is just that, a total team. Not just some skilled players, but many skilled players who just work great as a team. They're great to watch. I wouldn't bet against them.

would you take the UE keeper Barton over Calvey?? I dont think that's even close so vestal has the advantage right from the start and many other positions throught the field

It will be determined by this evening. on paper its obvious but it must occur on the field!

Guest soccerfan2

sec4 finals

Vestal 2 UE 1

ME 2- JC 0

Oneonta 3 SV 2 Overtime

Lansing 2 Marathon 1

Some great matches by all, I think the better teams have advanced so that is good for the next level. Good luck boys.

Some great matches by all, I think the better teams have advanced so that is good for the next level. Good luck boys.

I disagree from what I saw today at SV/Oneonta. I can't call one team better than the other and I really can't believe the ending to the match. Would love to see a video of the offside/no-offside decision. First time I have ever seen a flag go up and then have the center ref go over and tell the linesman he was wrong and ignore the flag. I didn't see the full match just the last 40 minutes or so waiting for the JC/ME game on the same field and those teams looked as even as I could imagine any two teams would be.

Guest soccerfan2

I disagree from what I saw today at SV/Oneonta. I can't call one team better than the other and I really can't believe the ending to the match. Would love to see a video of the offside/no-offside decision. First time I have ever seen a flag go up and then have the center ref go over and tell the linesman he was wrong and ignore the flag. I didn't see the full match just the last 40 minutes or so waiting for the JC/ME game on the same field and those teams looked as even as I could imagine any two teams would be.

Well it does happen and maybe the center official made the right call. I don't know but the refs are usually not the best officals and usually want to screw up a good match.

My review from a day full of soccer

AA- UE showed what a determined team can do, playing a great match against a better Vestal side. Vestal had the better of play but UE was in this game far more than their previous encounters. They tried to give their coach a great retirement gift but it wasn't meant to be. That said I think the recent struggles of Vestal don't bode well for a state run. The offense has bogged down and the defense might not be a solid as was thought. Hope I am wrong, but only time will tell.

A- ME handled JC with ease and after a two week break. Sect 4 really needs to look at this class because a 3 team class is really a joke and causes lots of downtime for all teams involved. The game was never really in doubt and it made it easy to focus on the UE/Vestal affair.Not sure how ME will fare out of the area, A is a tough class and should be quite a challenge.

B- Game of the day without question SV gave Oneonta all it could handle and then some. Totally agree with previous poster on the offside and wish I had a video to see. Would have loved to see that game continue on, both teams were playing some good soccer. Rood really dominated in the center of the field early, SV had a few great chances finally getting a goal with about 15 minutes left and then Oneonta came back with two goals and dominated until about 15 minutes into the second half. SV had two or three quality chances to tie before the redhead kid finished his breakaway. After that Oneonta really pressed trying to win an rang the bar one time and had a second ball swept of the line by a defender. Both teams had a good start to the OT, looked like it was going to end before PKs no matter what thankfully. Shame to see a dubious decision like that taint such a good game. Oneonta faces a probable tough task in undefeated Clinton next round.

Bets of Luck to Vestal, ME and Oneonta, represent STAC well

Guest soccerfan2

AA- UE showed what a determined team can do, playing a great match against a better Vestal side. Vestal had the better of play but UE was in this game far more than their previous encounters. They tried to give their coach a great retirement gift but it wasn't meant to be. That said I think the recent struggles of Vestal don't bode well for a state run. The offense has bogged down and the defense might not be a solid as was thought. Hope I am wrong, but only time will tell.

A- ME handled JC with ease and after a two week break. Sect 4 really needs to look at this class because a 3 team class is really a joke and causes lots of downtime for all teams involved. The game was never really in doubt and it made it easy to focus on the UE/Vestal affair.Not sure how ME will fare out of the area, A is a tough class and should be quite a challenge.

B- Game of the day without question SV gave Oneonta all it could handle and then some. Totally agree with previous poster on the offside and wish I had a video to see. Would have loved to see that game continue on, both teams were playing some good soccer. Rood really dominated in the center of the field early, SV had a few great chances finally getting a goal with about 15 minutes left and then Oneonta came back with two goals and dominated until about 15 minutes into the second half. SV had two or three quality chances to tie before the redhead kid finished his breakaway. After that Oneonta really pressed trying to win an rang the bar one time and had a second ball swept of the line by a defender. Both teams had a good start to the OT, looked like it was going to end before PKs no matter what thankfully. Shame to see a dubious decision like that taint such a good game. Oneonta faces a probable tough task in undefeated Clinton next round.

you really need to consider that its the 3rd time vestal and ue have played, agree with you on me and oneonta.

Well it does happen and maybe the center official made the right call. I don't know but the refs are usually not the best officals and usually want to screw up a good match.

YNN news shows the video and clearly the player was off sides. How can a center ref over rule the linesman>?

YNN news shows the video and clearly the player was off sides. How can a center ref over rule the linesman>?

The center ref CAN overrule a linesmen, but it rarely happens.

The center ref CAN overrule a linesmen, but it rarely happens.

Did yesterday and it cost a team the game...saw the video on YNN as well and although I can't say its 100% sure looks like the kid was off and you can see the linesman flag was up

Did yesterday and it cost a team the game...saw the video on YNN as well and although I can't say its 100% sure looks like the kid was off and you can see the linesman flag was up

Provide a link to the play please. I'm interested in seeing it.

Guest soccerfan2

Provide a link to the play please. I'm interested in seeing it.

so do you ever see the pass being released and videosif behind the player never do it justice, sorry but if you are looking for sympathy or for solice, don't come here...should have put it away earlier!

The point of this is that the linesman clearly called offsides. The play was in right in front of the linesman. It was the center ref who "overturned" the call - how and/or why is that done in a game like this defies explanation.

Took the words out of my mouth for the UE-Vestal game. Would have liked to see UE go into half leading, or see Kilmarx's ball go and in off the post instead of out, but obviously too late now. Not sure what happened to Vestal's defense, but Murphy should probably be conserned.

Took the words out of my mouth for the UE-Vestal game. Would have liked to see UE go into half leading, or see Kilmarx's ball go and in off the post instead of out, but obviously too late now. Not sure what happened to Vestal's defense, but Murphy should probably be conserned.

What happened is that UE just got better and better as the season went on, and Vestal stayed the same. It's clear that Vestal has its work cut out for them. It wasn't that Vestal didn't play great--they played against a team that had the skills and wanted to win. What was great to see was how many people were rooting for UE to win.

Archived