2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

yes, thats why Vestal, Ithaca and Elmira are the three most successful programs in STAC and if m-e played Ithaca twice it could have easily been 2-4 or 1-5 since the first game was close and could have gone either way

Elmiras record was 3-10 this year, they're just getting worse. I wouldn't put them as a successful program for soccer anymore.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still-you are giving credit to a coach that came in late to take over a team that was already established. Yeah, maybe Coach Krise wouldn't have had them in the state finals, but he would have certainly won section IV. Class A was overall depleted this fall in Section IV.

That already established team was 4-9-4 last year. Riley did a great job of teaching his boys to play big physical soccer at the AA level. And team that goes 4-9-4 one year and then makes a run to the state championship with a 10-4-2 record has made an obvious change. No offense to Krise but Riley played semi-pro and was an assistant coach at the college level so therefore he would obviously know more soccer. He was able to do something extremely surprising with what he had to work with. Man it would be crazy to see what he could have done with a team like vestal. They'd have an underrated season, but they would actually win a state championship instead of not even getting there.

Guest soccerfan2

BOYS SOCCER Southern Tier Athl. Conf. STAC ALL-STARS

METRO/WEST ALL-CONFERENCE

Forwards: Mac Felton, jr., Vestal; Robbie Hoover, sr., Vestal; Sumner Kilmarx, sr., Union-Endicott; Anwar Omar, sr., Ithaca.

Midfielders: Jaisen Clark, sr., Vestal; Jordan Mastronardi, sr., Union-Endicott; Geno Rocco, sr., Vestal; Matt Swartz, jr., Maine-Endwell.

Defenders: Jeff Kahlmeyer, jr., Corning; George Komarc, sr., Horseheads; Alex Pelto, sr., Vestal; Danny Swan, sr., Ithaca.

Goalkeeper: Ian Boor, sr., Horseheads.

Elmiras record was 3-10 this year, they're just getting worse. I wouldn't put them as a successful program for soccer anymore.

Maybe the dumbest post of the year. elmira went to the state quarterfinal just last season

BOYS SOCCER Southern Tier Athl. Conf. STAC ALL-STARS

METRO/WEST ALL-CONFERENCE

Forwards: Mac Felton, jr., Vestal; Robbie Hoover, sr., Vestal; Sumner Kilmarx, sr., Union-Endicott; Anwar Omar, sr., Ithaca.

Midfielders: Jaisen Clark, sr., Vestal; Jordan Mastronardi, sr., Union-Endicott; Geno Rocco, sr., Vestal; Matt Swartz, jr., Maine-Endwell.

Defenders: Jeff Kahlmeyer, jr., Corning; George Komarc, sr., Horseheads; Alex Pelto, sr., Vestal; Danny Swan, sr., Ithaca.

Goalkeeper: Ian Boor, sr., Horseheads.

You're as bad as the Press eliminating the other All Conference Players LOL

Is there another conference? lmao

I'll take Rood from SV over any midfielder from the All-Metro, Joseph and VanPiel from Oneonta are as good as the Vestal striker duo up top and Ligiekis from Seton is just as good in net as any large school keeper. They may be from smaller schools but on individual talent the teams are pretty damn even at the top

Guest soccerfan2

I'll take Rood from SV over any midfielder from the All-Metro, Joseph and VanPiel from Oneonta are as good as the Vestal striker duo up top and Ligiekis from Seton is just as good in net as any large school keeper. They may be from smaller schools but on individual talent the teams are pretty damn even at the top

So who really cares what you would do??? And the talent of the top players (and bottom players) of the West/Metro likely far exceeds talent from the other conference...so maybe the players you described wouldn't be as successful as you think! You sound like you want to be right and that you know the players...which I am sure you don't. Time will tell when they go to the next level.

So who really cares what you would do??? And the talent of the top players (and bottom players) of the West/Metro likely far exceeds talent from the other conference...so maybe the players you described wouldn't be as successful as you think! You sound like you want to be right and that you know the players...which I am sure you don't. Time will tell when they go to the next level.

Agreed, there is certainly some good talent on the East/Central side of STAC, but it's nowhere close to what is on the West/Metro side. When was the last time a East/Central team won STAC again?

I agree with this for the most part but you have to acknowledge that Rood is arguably the best player in STAC

Guest soccerfan2

Agreed, there is certainly some good talent on the East/Central side of STAC, but it's nowhere close to what is on the West/Metro side. When was the last time a East/Central team won STAC again?

1 Hicksville-8 18-1-2

2 Webster Schroeder-5 20-2-1

3 Martin Luther King-PSAL 14-0-0

4 Shenendehowa-2 19-2-0

5 Vestal-4 17-0-1

6 Baldwinsville-3 16-2-2

7 Monroe Woodbury-9 16-1-1

8 St. Francis Prep-CHSAA 17-1-1

9 Francis Lewis-PSAL 14-0-0

10 Brentwood-11 17-3-1

11 Fayetteville Manlius-3 17-0-2

12 Bethlehem-2 14-1-3

13 Half Hollow Hills West-11 16-1-1

14 Fordham Prep-CHS 15-3-5

15 Newburgh Free Academy-9 15-5-2

16 West Islip-11 16-2-2

17 Lancaster-6 14-5-1

18 Jericho-8 16-2-2

19 Horace Greeley-1 11-8-1

20 Sachem East-11 15-2-1

21 John Jay East Fishkill-1 15-2-2

22 St. John the Baptist-CHS 13-4-3

23 Spencerport-5 15-3-2

24 Maine Endwell-4 11-4-2

25 Half Hollow Hills East-11 16-2-1

26 Buffalo St. Joe's-CHS 15-2-1

27 Penfield-5 16-3-0

28 Brighton-5 13-4-3

29 Collegiate-AIS 14-2-3

30 Massapequa-8 10-4-2

30 St. Anthony's-CHS 14-6-1

The above makes sense.

1 Hicksville-8 18-1-2

2 Webster Schroeder-5 20-2-1

3 Martin Luther King-PSAL 14-0-0

4 Shenendehowa-2 19-2-0

5 Vestal-4 17-0-1

6 Baldwinsville-3 16-2-2

7 Monroe Woodbury-9 16-1-1

8 St. Francis Prep-CHSAA 17-1-1

9 Francis Lewis-PSAL 14-0-0

10 Brentwood-11 17-3-1

11 Fayetteville Manlius-3 17-0-2

12 Bethlehem-2 14-1-3

13 Half Hollow Hills West-11 16-1-1

14 Fordham Prep-CHS 15-3-5

15 Newburgh Free Academy-9 15-5-2

16 West Islip-11 16-2-2

17 Lancaster-6 14-5-1

18 Jericho-8 16-2-2

19 Horace Greeley-1 11-8-1

20 Sachem East-11 15-2-1

21 John Jay East Fishkill-1 15-2-2

22 St. John the Baptist-CHS 13-4-3

23 Spencerport-5 15-3-2

24 Maine Endwell-4 11-4-2

25 Half Hollow Hills East-11 16-2-1

26 Buffalo St. Joe's-CHS 15-2-1

27 Penfield-5 16-3-0

28 Brighton-5 13-4-3

29 Collegiate-AIS 14-2-3

30 Massapequa-8 10-4-2

30 St. Anthony's-CHS 14-6-1

The above makes sense.

How does the above make any sense? Vestal was knocked out of State Playdowns by Newburgh...but they are ranked 10 spots above them? Sorry but playing in a weaker league and having a better record doesn't mean you are a better team especially 10 spots better. M-E is #24 without a quality win all season (beating U-E was not quality compared to teams on this list). Rankings like this are meaningless its two guys on Long Island who think they know all the "experts" in areas to talk to.

How does the above make any sense? Vestal was knocked out of State Playdowns by Newburgh...but they are ranked 10 spots above them? Sorry but playing in a weaker league and having a better record doesn't mean you are a better team especially 10 spots better. M-E is #24 without a quality win all season (beating U-E was not quality compared to teams on this list). Rankings like this are meaningless its two guys on Long Island who think they know all the "experts" in areas to talk to.

I agree with what you said about Newburgh but the situation is similar with M-E, they knocked #28 Brighton out of the state playoffs so why does it not make sense for M-E to be ranked 4 spots ahead of them?

I don't think either M-E or Brighton should be ranked that high. Ithaca was clearly as strong as M-E but never got ranked all year long so how does M-E all the sudden jump up into it with a few ties and a loss? Like I said its garbage, these ranking guys don't see anything most of the time just going by word of mouth.

I don't think either M-E or Brighton should be ranked that high. Ithaca was clearly as strong as M-E but never got ranked all year long so how does M-E all the sudden jump up into it with a few ties and a loss? Like I said its garbage, these ranking guys don't see anything most of the time just going by word of mouth.

I agree that these rankings are mostly garbage and are just based on word to mouth and I feel like it just somewhat estimates an approximate rank. So M-E and Brighton are somewhere in the 20-35 range and Ithaca probably is in there too. However, these rankings tend to rank teams that made it to the state tournament and emphasize that a lot more than the regular season which explains why Ithaca isn't on this along with other teams that were upset in the sectional tournament such as Port Chester.

Guest soccerfan2

I agree that these rankings are mostly garbage and are just based on word to mouth and I feel like it just somewhat estimates an approximate rank. So M-E and Brighton are somewhere in the 20-35 range and Ithaca probably is in there too. However, these rankings tend to rank teams that made it to the state tournament and emphasize that a lot more than the regular season which explains why Ithaca isn't on this along with other teams that were upset in the sectional tournament such as Port Chester.

So why wouldn't Vestal be number 4? They did not loose a match the entire season and tied Newburgh who went to the final 4 of the State. Vestal actually outplayed them and were a better team, but sometimes matches end on PKs (Rock paper scissors). So who would have beaten Vestal that is lower than Vestal? But I do agree that Ithaca should be ranked ahead of ME and were not solely because of the State tournament.

So why wouldn't Vestal be number 4? They did not loose a match the entire season and tied Newburgh who went to the final 4 of the State. Vestal actually outplayed them and were a better team, but sometimes matches end on PKs (Rock paper scissors). So who would have beaten Vestal that is lower than Vestal? But I do agree that Ithaca should be ranked ahead of ME and were not solely because of the State tournament.

Vestal is in no way 10 spots better than Newburgh the game proved that out

Guest soccerfan2

Vestal is in no way 10 spots better than Newburgh the game proved that out

didn't say that, just noted that they should be number 4...makes sense. Newburgh should be 7th or 8th

I see ur point, the rankings arent 100% accurate. Even though ME lost to ithaca, one could argue that ME is ranked higher bc they made it farther than Ithaca in the post season regardless the class. I dot think anything should be taken away from ME this year because they made it farther than anyone predicted and went the farthereat in the tournament from section 4.

I see ur point, the rankings arent 100% accurate. Even though ME lost to ithaca, one could argue that ME is ranked higher bc they made it farther than Ithaca in the post season regardless the class. I dot think anything should be taken away from ME this year because they made it farther than anyone predicted and went the farthereat in the tournament from section 4.

you also have to consider that Ithaca somewhat disappointed in the postseason by losing to UE while ME exceeded expectations. Also, Newburgh should be ahead of Vestal because they tied and Newburgh advanced. Pks aren't rock paper scissor but they aren't a test of skill either, its more testing being clutch and performing under pressure. However, Vestal should be right behind Newburgh, so like 5 or 6 at worst

Guest soccerfan2

you also have to consider that Ithaca somewhat disappointed in the postseason by losing to UE while ME exceeded expectations. Also, Newburgh should be ahead of Vestal because they tied and Newburgh advanced. Pks aren't rock paper scissor but they aren't a test of skill either, its more testing being clutch and performing under pressure. However, Vestal should be right behind Newburgh, so like 5 or 6 at worst

Yea and fact that Newburgh lost 5 matches and Vestal did not lose including match to Newburg would make sense that Vestal is ahead of Newburgh. but only by a coouple spots. PKs mean little in the rankings and the fact that they advanced means little unless they won their 1st match after...which they did not.

Yea and fact that Newburgh lost 5 matches and Vestal did not lose including match to Newburg would make sense that Vestal is ahead of Newburgh. but only by a coouple spots. PKs mean little in the rankings and the fact that they advanced means little unless they won their 1st match after...which they did not.

I agree that Vestal is the better team but I guess the higher ranking is just a reward for advancing to the final 4. Also, I don't know who Newburgh played but I'm willing to bet they faced a tougher schedule then Vestal

Guest soccerfan2

I agree that Vestal is the better team but I guess the higher ranking is just a reward for advancing to the final 4. Also, I don't know who Newburgh played but I'm willing to bet they faced a tougher schedule then Vestal

you are probably correct on the tougher schedule but I am certain Newburgh's wins also were against teams that could not match up with them as well.

Archived