2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha i have played for a few years an watched an the elmira posts must be a player or coach. they lost 5-0 tonite an they tried to pack the box again. the only 2 teams that have played vestal str8 up r ithica an corning. corning cant handle vestal this year or any year yet so vestal beat them 4-0 too. every1 else plays like 7 or 8 guys back. the games against them dont show how good vestal is. thyd beat every1 but ithica by at least 3. still better then ithica, but prolly by 2.

A few of points

1- Elmira was supposed to have one of the top strikers in Stac in Alex V. Saw him play last year and he was good, but a little to physical. Per Elmira web sirt he has 17 shots on goal, 2 goals, and 1 assist. The part that was expected is he leads the team in yellow cards! His temper and lack of controlling it know shows! Maybe since the JV team has a better record than Varsity they should bring up some JV players to help him.

2. ME and Vestal still have to play twice. Me has a player that if he gets a 3rd red he is done for the year. I expect he will not control his temper in one of the games and will be lost for the year.

3. The STAC division yes all of them should do well in sectionals and hopefuly have at least 2-3 teams make the state tourn.

Good luck to all the schools

Guest soccerfan2

A few of points

1- Elmira was supposed to have one of the top strikers in Stac in Alex V. Saw him play last year and he was good, but a little to physical. Per Elmira web sirt he has 17 shots on goal, 2 goals, and 1 assist. The part that was expected is he leads the team in yellow cards! His temper and lack of controlling it know shows! Maybe since the JV team has a better record than Varsity they should bring up some JV players to help him.

2. ME and Vestal still have to play twice. Me has a player that if he gets a 3rd red he is done for the year. I expect he will not control his temper in one of the games and will be lost for the year.

3. The STAC division yes all of them should do well in sectionals and hopefuly have at least 2-3 teams make the state tourn.

Good luck to all the schools

Probably be a good match vs vestal but my guess is that Vestal's offense too much as they will create more opportunities and ME maybe a bit frustrated trying to get something going. ME coach may have a game plan to surprise Vestal but don't think so as they have too many areas of strength.

Guest soccerfan2

This is false. Vestal beat EFA 2-0 last season and EFA scored an own goal. Vestal was the better team, but it was a well contested match.

You don't understand, Vestal is much better than last year and should be unbeatable unless they lose the receipe and break apart as a team...they just have too much talent and actually got rid of some lesser players who started last year.

Ithica at ME Tuesday 5pm... Predictions?

Ithaca 2 ME 1

Koezecke gets yellow card and is then 1 card away from the end of his season, Hostrander picks up his second red to put him in the same spot

Ithaca 2 ME 1

Koezecke gets yellow card and is then 1 card away from the end of his season, Hostrander picks up his second red to put him in the same spot

Who cares its Soccer and the person posting this crap is a buffoon!

Ithaca 2 ME 1

Yeah right... ME 2-0 The is no one good enough on Ithica to score on the ME defense

If Binghamton can score on them Ithaca can

If you were at the game you would know it was all subs who were in when ME got scored on... Major coaching mistake that he wont make again

Yeah right... ME 2-0 The is no one good enough on Ithica to score on the ME defense

If you were at the game you would know it was all subs who were in when ME got scored on... Major coaching mistake that he wont make again

How's that humble pie tasting Spartans? The Little Red scored on your first string defense apparently.

Guest soccerfan2

Really, he got lots of experience...or are you just guessing?

Saw ME lost to Ithaca-was close score, how was game? Also saw that Horseheads beat Elmira-looked easy, was it?. Saw Corning beat Binghamton. Is it true Corning starts three freshmen? I heard that from Binghamton people after last night.

Vestal will win STAC, nobody can compete to them. they are returning to many players and lost very few quality players. Rocco on vestal is prolly one of the better players in the conference. put him 1 v 1 against anyone and they will get beat. Vestal has to much speed and technical skill for any other team who may I say suck Ithica left the Metro division so they can actual make STAC playoffs for once but will still lose to Vestal. Vestal will go unbeaten in STAC without a doubt. they are to strong and play well together. you cant say vestal will get beat first of all we dont know but what other team has the ability to play with them? Calvey in goal is the best goalie in the area wihout a doubt on vestal (prolly can go Div 1). M.E. has noone U.E has a few Ithica lost really good players but has a couple. Oneonta has Joseph up top. The other teams are to young to compete with vestal just saying

Vestal will win STAC, nobody can compete to them. they are returning to many players and lost very few quality players. Rocco on vestal is prolly one of the better players in the conference. put him 1 v 1 against anyone and they will get beat. Vestal has to much speed and technical skill for any other team who may I say suck Ithica left the Metro division so they can actual make STAC playoffs for once but will still lose to Vestal. Vestal will go unbeaten in STAC without a doubt. they are to strong and play well together. you cant say vestal will get beat first of all we dont know but what other team has the ability to play with them? Calvey in goal is the best goalie in the area wihout a doubt on vestal (prolly can go Div 1). M.E. has noone U.E has a few Ithica lost really good players but has a couple. Oneonta has Joseph up top. The other teams are to young to compete with vestal just saying

Calvey is not near a Div 1 keeper, he doesn't control his box well enough to play at that level. Hayen and Stenta were both far superior goalies than he is at the same point in their careers. As for Rocco being the best player 1v1 in the area, not even close. I'll take the Rood kid from SV over anyone as a top individual player. he may have some immature times and need to work on team play but skill wise he is the top player in the area 1v1.

Vestal is easily the top team in the area this season, M-E was a shell they hadn't played the other top teams except for 1 UE game the whole "unscored" on thing was overblown. However soccer is a funny game and I've seen better teams lose many times. Just look at the strong Oneonta team losing to Trumansburg last season in sectionals. I would say best bet to beat them is UE followed by Ithaca just based on the rivalry game thing those teams have going.

any updates on todays games

Elmira at Ithaca, 7 p.m.

Chenango Valley at Seton CC (BC United)

Binghamton at Horseheads

Chenango Forks at Oneonta, 7 p.m.

Norwich at Johnson City

Maine-Endwell at Vestal, 4:15 p.m.

Corning at Union-Endicott, 7 p.m.

Owego at Sus. Valley, 7 p.m. (Middle School field)

Archived