Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

There were plenty of poor calls both ways. The refs didn't cost ME the game, nor did they win it for Seton. SCC was lucky to win, as they did not play well. Missing Martin was a factor, but they seemed sluggish & sloppy. The better team did win, even though they may not have deserved to, based on their play - not the officiating.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

There were plenty of poor calls both ways. The refs didn't cost ME the game, nor did they win it for Seton. SCC was lucky to win, as they did not play well. Missing Martin was a factor, but they seemed sluggish & sloppy. The better team did win, even though they may not have deserved to, based on their play - not the officiating.

Just win baby.

Guest Guest

The officiating at both of the games last night was bad, but the calls near the end of the boys game was just plain awful, and the official who made the call seemed pretty pleased with himself that he helped decide the outcome of a High School basketball game. The call DID NOT lose the game for M-E...they had some chances, and SCC is a good team. The call did however take away an oppertunity for M-E to score. Not sure what the deal is with the officiating this year, but it is shame that the officiating plays such a part in the outcome of the game. Used to be the officials did games becuase the enjoyed the game itself, and wanted to be part of it. This year is seems they get a kick out of bad calls, and really do not care how they call the games...it's too bad. I think they need to step back and remember why they are doing this, and remember that they are there to help out and it is kids playing the game.

Guest Guest

The officiating at both of the games last night was bad, but the calls near the end of the boys game was just plain awful, and the official who made the call seemed pretty pleased with himself that he helped decide the outcome of a High School basketball game. The call DID NOT lose the game for M-E...they had some chances, and SCC is a good team. The call did however take away an oppertunity for M-E to score. Not sure what the deal is with the officiating this year, but it is shame that the officiating plays such a part in the outcome of the game. Used to be the officials did games becuase the enjoyed the game itself, and wanted to be part of it. This year is seems they get a kick out of bad calls, and really do not care how they call the games...it's too bad. I think they need to step back and remember why they are doing this, and remember that they are there to help out and it is kids playing the game.

SCC isn't going very far. That big guy Smothers is real soft.

Guest Guest

I didn't go to the game but just watched the tape on WBNG. Unbelievable that an offensive foul was called at the end.

Guest guest

This quote below was absolutely from a Seton fan/ student /parent. Again, you can deny it but I won't believe it. I was there, no real horse in the race and I will tell you it was a sham at the end. I would have said the same thing were it in the other direction. This is the first time I have seen Seton play and to read this board you would think they were the Celtics. My take, gritty guard - a bit more braun than skill, good big guy - don't make hotel reservations, they don't get out of Johnson City. That is not meant as a knock but Binghamton boys, Harpursville Girls (and maybe Owego girls if they put on a run) are the only teams playing still in two weeks.

My two cents worth, that and 98 cents gets you a dollar! It was a home town sham last evening nonetheless, the three or four refs sitting at the table observing the game in street clothes must have just about gulped their soda....

Guest Guest

I think the offensive was called because the ME player dropped his shoulder. That same call was made a couple of times earlier in the game.

Guest Guest

I think the offensive was called because the ME player dropped his shoulder. That same call was made a couple of times earlier in the game.

The call was made because the official is Joe Dadamio and it was in favor of Seton. It's a disgrace that guy is allowed to officiate SCC games. He's a bad official to begin with and is completely in the tank for Seton. If that is Tom Torto running over people, which he does all the time with his shoulder lowered, there is no way Dadamio makes that call.

Guest Guest

The call was made because the official is Joe Dadamio and it was in favor of Seton. It's a disgrace that guy is allowed to officiate SCC games. He's a bad official to begin with and is completely in the tank for Seton. If that is Tom Torto running over people, which he does all the time with his shoulder lowered, there is no way Dadamio makes that call.

Uh, Torto was called for that last night.

Guest Guest

So why don't we list all the refs and indicate what school they favor - or are "completely in the tank for"..........

So you agree, you just want a longer list? If you want to argue he just sucks you might get me to agree with you. In my opinion though he consistently sucks but is just much worse when he does Seton games.

Guest Guest

Watch that link- How do you call the second foul on Gallagher if you dont call the first on smothers. What a joke daddamio is. How does he get that game?

Guest guest

Watch that link- How do you call the second foul on Gallagher if you dont call the first on smothers. What a joke daddamio is. How does he get that game?

Because the 2nd SCC player flopped better and daddamio is a modified quality official doing sectional championship varsity games. Totally over his head every night, it was just a bigger stage last night. You ask a great question though. How are the officials selected for important games. It's clearly not based on quality during the season, he is consistently the worst official in the section.

Guest guest

http://www.wbng.com/...e=y&clmob=y&c=n

If the first contact isn't a foul, then neither is the 2nd!! All the officials do in our section is guess on everything... No consistency at all. It's a shame that this area can't find 3 guys who know the game that could officiate a championship game.

I'm willing to bet WBNG has that clip taken down very soon.

Guest guest

I was at the game and watched it live then literally ten times online since. If the first is a no call, the second should be a no call. Points were taken off the board that changed the outcome of the game. Reffing 101 - don't alter the outcome of the game. Its a shame really.

I'm willing to bet WBNG has that clip taken down very soon.

Guest Guest

http://tier.net/bball49/officers.php that ref is pretty high up

High up doesn't mean much...maybe some of the officials should read the constitution

before they ref a game...seems like many of them including the above mentioned individual forgot

why they are at the game and how they should do their jobs:

Looks like they should take C. out of the constitution.

The purpose of the Board shall be:

A. To educate, train, develop, and provide continuous instruction for basketball officials.

B. To promote the welfare of the game of basketball, its players and officials.

C. To maintain the highest standard of basketball officiating.

D. To encourage the sprit of fair play and sportsmanship.

Guest Guest

Really bad call, even this angle proves it...light contact, flop by Seton...no call.

http://binghamton.ynn.com/content/sports/575605/seton-captures-class-a-boys-title/

But it is pretty much standard in this area that refs can not identify the difference between a block and a charge. They call charges when the defense is too far under the basket, which is a no call, or they blow the whistle before contact is even made...anticipation at its best!! They hardly ever get it right. One of the 3 refs in past nights game prides himself by not calling charges, so it is ironic that this "charge" call decided a class A state playoff game!?!?

Guest Guest

High up doesn't mean much...maybe some of the officials should read the constitution

before they ref a game...seems like many of them including the above mentioned individual forgot

why they are at the game and how they should do their jobs:

Looks like they should take C. out of the constitution.

The purpose of the Board shall be:

A. To educate, train, develop, and provide continuous instruction for basketball officials.

B. To promote the welfare of the game of basketball, its players and officials.

C. To maintain the highest standard of basketball officiating.

D. To encourage the sprit of fair play and sportsmanship.

Might as well take B out as well? "Welfare of the game?" Too funny considering the lack of knowledge these guys have is stomping on the "integrity of the game??"

Change "its players," with "players from Seton," and everything is perfect!

Guest Guest

I think that SCC will really struggle with an opponent out of the section. Is the PG going to be back for Tuesdays game? I think they really need him to take care of the basketball...the PG thurs night had a lot of turnovers and many bad passes. he also provided no penetration of any kind and couldn't create shots for himself, or his teammates.

Guest sistersaint

I'm somewhat impartial on the game/outcome but I will tell you that it was the worst referee job I have seen in HS basketball in twenty years. It was not a simple missed call or two or a give back etc. it was flagrant nepotism which decided the section champion. It was disgraceful. No more. No less. There was a frank push from the defender which ended up somehow being a travel call against ME in last minute then next possession ME had the go ahead bucket taken off the board on perhaps the worst call I have seen in sports. It did not appear to be a mistake, it appeared to be a flat out gift to Seton. No one can convince me differently. I'd love to watch tape. It was really awful

all I call say is wow, wow you are ouzing with jealeousey, you have issues. sorry seton is so good, but to bad for you, well we are number 1, and your not

even though alot of you are jealeous, seton once again proved its greatness the other nite, and won even when the refs were calling evrything for me. did you see how the me players kept pushing and throwing our saints to the down on the ground, and no foulls were called! only a team like seton could have won that game and i am so proud of them. i beleive in my heart they are the best team, with no compitition, and when they win the state championchip, its' going to be great to tell all the people who hate seton that they should be ashamed, you should all be supporting seton, they are good and have awsome values. i will always be seton proud, and i say it loud

Guest Guest

I think that SCC will really struggle with an opponent out of the section. Is the PG going to be back for Tuesdays game? I think they really need him to take care of the basketball...the PG thurs night had a lot of turnovers and many bad passes. he also provided no penetration of any kind and couldn't create shots for himself, or his teammates.

Agree, I think that the PG will try and play, and they definitely need him. He was limping pretty good thurs though.

Guest Guest

I know that section 4 and the local basketball officials are short handed.( they are always in local papper looking) I am not one nor do I ever want to be one. I think they are their to officiate the game but not be apart of it. That being said.. It is a quick judgment call that is made in a split second. I realy dont think that they are set out to make a call to take from the kids.

Why dont I want to be one? .... It is a very difficult job that is thankless. If you have such a problem with the way its done than I can make one suggestion.... BECOME AN OFFICIAL! They will take all the help they can get and they way you people sound on this topic you must be so good at it already that you will be doing the big games in no time. If not that stay up in the stands and keep it shut!

Archived