Best UFC Soccer players

Guest college scout

Guest realist

My apologies to the UFC people but I'm not going to pay over $1,200 a year to have somebodys mom or dad coach my 9 year old son. I pay half of that to have him at GBSA and be coached by Hristos,Riley,Steponovsky and Esworthy. Maybe someday you will offer better but right now UFC is not even in the picture.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mike Jones

The older boys teams don't even like UFC.. Listen every Wednesday/Thursday night they still do "1 2 3 Fusion!". UFC has competition on the younger levels, and self destructing upper levels (although the boys side has calmed down greatly this last week, it remains hostile to UFC). Time to stop bailing and jump ship, Shane. Run along back to BCC and let the big boys play at the dome. D1 coaches are simply better at creating clubs than you.

Yes - there is a College Showcase tournament with many college coaches attending at the Dome. UFC Leadership set this up! Full field too! All very high quality talent - but wait I did not see GBSA Select on the schedule . . . they must be tired from winning recreational soccer tournaments . . .

Like I said, GBSA Select is just starting out. The emphasis on developing 11 and under boys and girls with great coaching from the beginning. They don't have teams in the higher age brackets because they didn't just go in and take over someone else's failure.

Maybe you should try educating yourselves on the tournaments these kids have gone to, and what they are and aren't competing in before you type.

Good morning Shane. Nice to see you on so early on a Sunday morning. Someone must have struck a nerve with the NEWWS post. Of course you never mentioned a thing about that in your 2000 word post. Bottom line UFC is Biggest dog in a the smallest yard in NYW. They are a joke to every other major NYW club. The fact that GBSA has better coaches and all the youger kids does not bode well for UFC. Do the math these older teams will soon be done.

I wonder if their a joke to the 3 time state cup champion RFC team that the UFC U16 premier girls tied today? Not faught them off and tied them, took the game to them for 50 minutes! Eventually all you GBSA Pee Wee parents will be at UFC simply so the kids can play something other than rec level soccer!!

I wonder if their a joke to the 3 time state cup champion RFC team that the UFC U16 premier girls tied today? Not faught them off and tied them, took the game to them for 50 minutes! Eventually all you GBSA Pee Wee parents will be at UFC simply so the kids can play something other than rec level soccer!!

Not true, because our "Pee Wees" beat your kids every time. Why would we want to go to that??

Guest Thanks for posting pitts

This is exactly why the Cook/McLellan/Pitts/Fusion/UFC era is the laughing stock of NYW. Only a true ignoramus would brag about a 1-1 tie in a 45 minute indoor soccer friendly in January.

Guest HaHaHeHe

How come you don't post the score of the UFC U14's vs the Empire U14's from two Sundays ago? What was the score of that game I can't remember?

Not true, because our "Pee Wees" beat your kids every time. Why would we want to go to that??

Nope. UFC u10 beat out GBSA select u10 to win the BC United Tournament u10 bracket last weekend.

My apologies to the UFC people but I'm not going to pay over $1,200 a year to have somebodys mom or dad coach my 9 year old son. I pay half of that to have him at GBSA and be coached by Hristos,Riley,Steponovsky and Esworthy. Maybe someday you will offer better but right now UFC is not even in the picture.

I just read in a previous post that GBSA dosent play in any outdoor leagues or tournaments so your paying half of 1200 for what?? To play in the rec league at the dome? Sounds like a deal to me

Nope. UFC u10 beat out GBSA select u10 to win the BC United Tournament u10 bracket last weekend.

No, actually the GBSA Select 10's played in the 12's bracket. Your 10's played our 7, 8, and 9 year olds, and BARELY beat them.

Nice try though.

I just read in a previous post that GBSA dosent play in any outdoor leagues or tournaments so your paying half of 1200 for what?? To play in the rec league at the dome? Sounds like a deal to me

DOESN'T. It's spelled DOESN'T!!!

And your information is false. In the SPRING, they will play outdoors, and they did last fall.

DOESN'T. It's spelled DOESN'T!!!

And your information is false. In the SPRING, they will play outdoors, and they did last fall.

In what league if I may ask?

No, actually the GBSA Select 10's played in the 12's bracket. Your 10's played our 7, 8, and 9 year olds, and BARELY beat them.

Nice try though.

Nope. The u10's played a GBSA Select team with a group of kids who play in the u10 group every weekend. If they are so "select" they should be able to win.

Nope. The u10's played a GBSA Select team with a group of kids who play in the u10 group every weekend. If they are so "select" they should be able to win.

Uh, that's because all the select teams play up a level every weekend. Believe me. They were 7, 8 and 9, and usually they do win.

Uh, that's because all the select teams play up a level every weekend. Believe me. They were 7, 8 and 9, and usually they do win.

Uh, sounds like a lame excuse for being beat. If they are so select? How do they lose against a UFC team that is being said to be inferior? I think UFC has kids on the u10 team that are 8 and 9 as well. Doesn't the u in u10 mean under?

Hmmm, $40 a month for 8 months - that runs a little short of $1,200. Uniforms are included in my $40 registration fee and so is my son's insurance with NYSW. Oh, that is right, the team's league fees are also covered with that same fee. If I were to have a child play premier, that would be $100 a month for 8 months (training twice a week at the dome), still a little short of a $1,200. All prices are posted on the website (www.unitedfcsoccer.com).

So what does it cost (all-in) for GBSA or VYSA (are there any others out there?

Lastly, value is in the eye of the beholder.

Guest Rite aid

Hmmm, $40 a month for 8 months - that runs a little short of $1,200. Uniforms are included in my $40 registration fee and so is my son's insurance with NYSW. Oh, that is right, the team's league fees are also covered with that same fee. If I were to have a child play premier, that would be $100 a month for 8 months (training twice a week at the dome), still a little short of a $1,200. All prices are posted on the website (www.unitedfcsoccer.com).

Shut up already Pitts. You are the biggest joke in town

That does not figure in tournament costs at all and thats where the big money comes in. My kid played Fusion and I know quite a few of the people still paying for kids and all of them say there has been zero savings with the change. Lots of talk on how much cheaper it was going to be but no savings seen at all.

The vast majority of UFC is in the club or rec program but those programs are no cheaper than other rec teams and club groups. The only thing that your group can claim to have over other programs is the built in cost for the dome practices. Please stop with the "insurance" of NYSW. That is only a secondary rider on top you your own insurance and if you have ever tried to collect on one of those you'd realize its a huge problem.

The best part of GBSA, VYSA, ME, Stateline or any other group is easy we don't have Shane Cook fleecing us for $40,000 this year to claim how he has saved local soccer. Take that money and the cash you are paying Marco still then you might see some savings.

That does not figure in tournament costs at all and thats where the big money comes in. My kid played Fusion and I know quite a few of the people still paying for kids and all of them say there has been zero savings with the change. Lots of talk on how much cheaper it was going to be but no savings seen at all.

The vast majority of UFC is in the club or rec program but those programs are no cheaper than other rec teams and club groups. The only thing that your group can claim to have over other programs is the built in cost for the dome practices. Please stop with the "insurance" of NYSW. That is only a secondary rider on top you your own insurance and if you have ever tried to collect on one of those you'd realize its a huge problem.

The best part of GBSA, VYSA, ME, Stateline or any other group is easy we don't have Shane Cook fleecing us for $40,000 this year to claim how he has saved local soccer. Take that money and the cash you are paying Marco still then you might see some savings.

Not only has there been zero savings, not that I expected any, but the boys premier side has been without decent coaches for months. All the teams were without regular coaches in the fall, and the U18s really struck out when Sarah coached them and Cook tried to show them how to do footskills. Families were paying $100 a month for that premier training and they should all get refunds. What people don't realize is that they are not getting a deal on the coaching and the dome costs, and that when the tournaments and other costs are factored in, families will be paying more for an organization with salaried staff.

Trust me it cost several thousand dollers to play premier. Dont forget the games are anywhere from 3 to 6 or 7 hours away and require hotels plus the tournaments cost anywhere around 8 or 9 hundred a piece devided among the team obviously. My kid used to play at GBSA and then Fusion, GBSA was a great deal back then but not even near the same level of play in practice or games. It dosent matter how good the coaching is now at GBSA top players need to play with top players and against suitable competition. The dome league and the GBSA spring league does not qualify as suitable competition for a good player

Trust me it cost several thousand dollers to play premier. Dont forget the games are anywhere from 3 to 6 or 7 hours away and require hotels plus the tournaments cost anywhere around 8 or 9 hundred a piece devided among the team obviously. My kid used to play at GBSA and then Fusion, GBSA was a great deal back then but not even near the same level of play in practice or games. It dosent matter how good the coaching is now at GBSA top players need to play with top players and against suitable competition. The dome league and the GBSA spring league does not qualify as suitable competition for a good player

You've obviously been gone from GBSA for quite some time. They're getting plenty of competition from Syracuse, Utica, Albany, Rochester, etc., AND have great coaching.

Archived