Best UFC Soccer players

Guest college scout

Guest Guest

Wow your "President" shells out $10k of his own money to force the only premier soccer teams to join his club by purchasing all the training time and you think its a good thing to brag about?

You claim to have the only 8 soccer field complex, however it is still owned by BC United you are only renting them still so technically they have them you are a tenant nothing more and thats a bragging point? The YMCA uses the same complex for all its leagues does that mean they can claim the fields as theirs too?

You brag because you train on the BU turf fields? Well the dome teams train in their two turf fields and one is indoors and useable no matter what the elements are. Training at Binghamton HS, Vestal HS, U-E HS, M-E HS, CF HS is the same damn thing you are bragging about turf fields are turf fields.

You have a club with 600 members? Don't forget to drop out all the Endicott Boys and Girls Club kids that are no longer a part as they dissolved your relationship this spring and are running things on their own again. Why did you again try to approach VRYSA about taking over their Rec program and after you were told no before?

FYI nice list of coaching qualifications but how about this, break it down so all your duplicates are shown. You do not have 28 different coaches with only the top license listed (if you have an NSCAA Premier you have to have the Advanced National and National- if you have a USSF A you have the B,C,D). You have 8 licensed coaches about the same as GBSA

If UFC is the greatest why do almost 100 of your players still need to go to a GBSA trainer for footskill work? On that note what ever happened to your promise that Riley training was going to be free for all members of your club? Its a question that your leaders have been avoiding.

Another U12 parent that thinks they know something!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

He has already lost a large portion of the kids, many very good players. Several of the kids photographed on his website have already left.

I would like to know who the very good players are that left? Their certainly arent any very good players or even decent players for that matter photographed on the website

Guest Guest
Another U12 parent that thinks they know something!

Stop the name calling and prove me wrong then...

Deny the $10k that D'arpino spent to get the fields to get the fields to force Fusion in.

Whats so special about the Binghamton Univ. turf? Isn't it just like the other turf fields like I said?

Why do so many of your players use Riley's Footskill Academy and not the one you tried to set up?

Show me that you own BC United Fields and don't rent them the same as the YMCA.

You don't even have 28 teams so how do you claim to have 28 licensed coaches? You just put in duplicates to make it look better, own that fact.

I'm not a u12 parent I'm a u10, u14 & u16 parent, I'm also someone who realized the BS you tried to inflate to make your club look special.

Guest Guest

Stop the name calling and prove me wrong then...

Deny the $10k that D'arpino spent to get the fields to get the fields to force Fusion in.

Whats so special about the Binghamton Univ. turf? Isn't it just like the other turf fields like I said?

Why do so many of your players use Riley's Footskill Academy and not the one you tried to set up?

Show me that you own BC United Fields and don't rent them the same as the YMCA.

You don't even have 28 teams so how do you claim to have 28 licensed coaches? You just put in duplicates to make it look better, own that fact.

I'm not a u12 parent I'm a u10, u14 & u16 parent, I'm also someone who realized the BS you tried to inflate to make your club look special.

A can agree with poster all valid points. The difference for me is if your not with UFC or driving to Syracuse what league are you playing in this spring? The broome county league has been terible for years and getting worse all the time and the league at the dome is an absolute joke. UFC isnt all that great but what else do you do, if you want to play anything that even resembles soccer after U12 they are the only choice. I can tell you that as soon as another club can form a premier team 80% of the top girls team is ready to jump ship, problem there is UFC has board members in the thruway league and GBSA will never get in so its going to have to be someone else

Guest Guest

A can agree with poster all valid points. The difference for me is if your not with UFC or driving to Syracuse what league are you playing in this spring? The broome county league has been terible for years and getting worse all the time and the league at the dome is an absolute joke. UFC isnt all that great but what else do you do, if you want to play anything that even resembles soccer after U12 they are the only choice. I can tell you that as soon as another club can form a premier team 80% of the top girls team is ready to jump ship, problem there is UFC has board members in the thruway league and GBSA will never get in so its going to have to be someone else

Are you inferring that since UFC has members on the Board of the Thruway League that they are actively keeping the local competing clubs from that league? (I’m not surprised just looking for clarification).

Also,

Any of the UFC premier teams / coaches should know that it is very easy to leave your club and continue as a premier competitor – Just ask BC United (Darpino and Cook did it). Any coach who has a team and some knowledge of the system, can leave UFC, associate themselves with a club and continue. Pick any club – Does KAA still have a soccer program ?…. VYSA had the Sparks ready to compete at the premier level; I’m sure there are others (not just in VYSA).

Guest Guest

Are you inferring that since UFC has members on the Board of the Thruway League that they are actively keeping the local competing clubs from that league? (I’m not surprised just looking for clarification).

Also,

Any of the UFC premier teams / coaches should know that it is very easy to leave your club and continue as a premier competitor – Just ask BC United (Darpino and Cook did it). Any coach who has a team and some knowledge of the system, can leave UFC, associate themselves with a club and continue. Pick any club – Does KAA still have a soccer program ?…. VYSA had the Sparks ready to compete at the premier level; I’m sure there are others (not just in VYSA).

Only answer I can give is GBSA U12s tried and were denied entry into the thruway club, I think that answers both the question and the statement

Guest Guest

Marco and Purtell sit on the board, so ask them if they vote against GBSA. If they did, then it just proves the point that there is no interest in improving soccer in this area.

Guest Guest

Only answer I can give is GBSA U12s tried and were denied entry into the thruway club, I think that answers both the question and the statement

Yes but the GBSA u11 have two girls teams in the league, so they are now members and more teams will be admitted each year. THe GBSA u12's didn't get in because they locked out at 8 teams for the age group, they will be in next season

Guest Guest

Yes but the GBSA u11 have two girls teams in the league, so they are now members and more teams will be admitted each year. THe GBSA u12's didn't get in because they locked out at 8 teams for the age group, they will be in next season

Did they lock out at 8 teams or only have 8 teams with the credentials to play? Most every other age group has more than 8 teams some all in the same devision. Some even have an odd number of teams. Im not saying they didnt I just dont understand why, my guess would be had UFC tried to put another team in this age group they would of been accepted. My guess is the board new of this team from the local members, I have seen them train and they were basically saved the embarassment. You have to remember these teams drive a long way for these games and nobody wants to drive 2 1/2 hours to win 5 or 6 to nothing. GBSA may or may not have some teams that can eventually play premier but the team in question has alot of work to do. And before you even answer those indoor club tournaments they won mean nothing, I bet they get a huge eye opener as I heard they entered state cup. My guess is a 6+ point loss in the first playdown game

Guest Guest

It takes time to get a soccer club off the ground. I've seen some really bad teams show up to play in their first year or two, and then pull it together. If UFC hadn't taken teams from several different organizations, they'd be in the same boat. It's the pettiness of the UFC organization that is amazing and their belittling of other clubs (like GBSA) in their expansion efforts and their constant fundraising activities. Why the constant money train into the organization? What is it needed for? Each team should know what the training costs, what the field rentals cost, and what is being paid for salaries, etc. A transparent club would not have any problems putting this information on the table.

Guest HappyAtGBSA

It takes time to get a soccer club off the ground. I've seen some really bad teams show up to play in their first year or two, and then pull it together. If UFC hadn't taken teams from several different organizations, they'd be in the same boat. It's the pettiness of the UFC organization that is amazing and their belittling of other clubs (like GBSA) in their expansion efforts and their constant fundraising activities. Why the constant money train into the organization? What is it needed for? Each team should know what the training costs, what the field rentals cost, and what is being paid for salaries, etc. A transparent club would not have any problems putting this information on the table.

Constant fundraising is needed to keep the machine going. Paid coaches and the UFC bus are not cheap to maintain. Lets not forget all the free stuff offered to kids getting them to sign up with the UFC club. The cost of the bus was the reason VYSA didn’t want to use it when Darpino was still on the VYSA board (Im talking about the old Antinokis board not the current bunch).

I agree that each team should know their training costs. But offering the best product at the lowest price was just a hook. The constant fundraising may be an indication that the club is not making money (or at least covering costs). A loss will only be tolerated by the owner for only so long.

GBSA does have it right. Look at their steady growth over the last few years you can see that they have a strong foundation to build on. All without giving away any free shirts ;-(

Guest guest

Have any of the UFC team's won any tournaments this winter?

The U10 girls won last week (sounds like I am making a joke but really, they did!)

Guest guest

Please close down this thread. So over analyzed and played out..

Please close down this thread. No one likes UFC and if they do they respond to factual posts with rude comments and call other posters names. And when that doesnt work they say the topic is so over analyzed and played out.

Guest Guest

Have any of the UFC team's won any tournaments this winter?

The U17 boys won their flight at the Jefferson cup! One of the biggest premier tournaments in the northeast, The U16 girls won the top flight at FC Europa in Philly this spring, The U18 girls won the NEWSS tournament in L.I. last fall. But then you wouldnt know as your refering to the recreation level tournaments you go to. These are all tournaments no other local team could even get accepted into. Please do tell me what other local team has won a premier tournament this year?

Guest was tidedS

The U17 boys won their flight at the Jefferson cup! One of the biggest premier tournaments in the northeast, The U16 girls won the top flight at FC Europa in Philly this spring, The U18 girls won the NEWSS tournament in L.I. last fall. But then you wouldnt know as your refering to the recreation level tournaments you go to. These are all tournaments no other local team could even get accepted into. Please do tell me what other local team has won a premier tournament this year?

The U17B boys did not win the Jefferson Cup, they won their flight. There were no playoffs or championship games. It was point based and they were in 12th place overall. That is not winning the Jefferson Cup.

Guest Guest

The U17B boys did not win the Jefferson Cup, they won their flight. There were no playoffs or championship games. It was point based and they were in 12th place overall. That is not winning the Jefferson Cup.

Again please tell what other local team has won a premier tournament this year? Has any other local team ever been accepted into something like the Jefferson cup? Has any other local team even played in a premier tournament this year? Im quite sure if UFC put their premier teams in the meaningless tournaments the above poster was referring to there wouldnt be much competition. If GBSA is going to call their teams selects why not play in tournaments with other select teams?

Guest tinumno sprang

Again please tell what other local team has won a premier tournament this year? Has any other local team ever been accepted into something like the Jefferson cup? Has any other local team even played in a premier tournament this year? Im quite sure if UFC put their premier teams in the meaningless tournaments the above poster was referring to there wouldnt be much competition. If GBSA is going to call their teams selects why not play in tournaments with other select teams?

These were Fusion teams, not teams created by UFC. The boys who play on these teams have been in the Fusion for several years. UFC really has nothing to brag about.

Guest Guest

These were Fusion teams, not teams created by UFC. The boys who play on these teams have been in the Fusion for several years. UFC really has nothing to brag about.

Ding,ding,ding.....folks, we have a winner.

Archived