Best UFC Soccer players

Guest college scout

Well UFC has put its first nail in the coffin, you can kiss Boys Premier soccer goodbye with the removal/resignation of Marco this past weekend. Looks like all of you that spent time having faith that Shane Cook cared about anything but Shane Cook have been shown the truth. The only person to lead a Broome County group to State Cup Titles in the past 10 years-Marco is no longer with UFC.Like the man or hate him he proved he could coach to win at the higher levels. THis is the worst possible decision for the group to make if the truly care about local soccer.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Paul Marco

Well UFC has put its first nail in the coffin, you can kiss Boys Premier soccer goodbye with the removal/resignation of Marco this past weekend. Looks like all of you that spent time having faith that Shane Cook cared about anything but Shane Cook have been shown the truth. The only person to lead a Broome County group to State Cup Titles in the past 10 years-Marco is no longer with UFC.Like the man or hate him he proved he could coach to win at the higher levels. THis is the worst possible decision for the group to make if the truly care about local soccer.

Just another rumor!

Trust me it cost several thousand dollers to play premier. Dont forget the games are anywhere from 3 to 6 or 7 hours away and require hotels plus the tournaments cost anywhere around 8 or 9 hundred a piece devided among the team obviously. My kid used to play at GBSA and then Fusion, GBSA was a great deal back then but not even near the same level of play in practice or games. It dosent matter how good the coaching is now at GBSA top players need to play with top players and against suitable competition. The dome league and the GBSA spring league does not qualify as suitable competition for a good player

This is from the Empire Soccer Academy website, and the cost of Empire is really not much different then what the UFC Premier teams cost per family. All premier teams travel to play and for the players to be seen by college coaches in league games and tournaments, and those are additional costs, including for the UFC premier program.

Program Costs

Membership for each player covers an 11 month calendar from September 1, 2011 through July 31, 2012. Each team will have an individual per player budget that covers basic club registration and insurance, training fees and unique competition costs. The annual per player base costs for this year were approximately $800 for U10 players through $1275 for U17 players.

You've obviously been gone from GBSA for quite some time. They're getting plenty of competition from Syracuse, Utica, Albany, Rochester, etc., AND have great coaching.

Your just going to these places to play other club teams, NOT PREMIER TEAMS! I just checked and not one single GBSA team has even one ranking point. This in turn means they have done nothing to date.

Your just going to these places to play other club teams, NOT PREMIER TEAMS! I just checked and not one single GBSA team has even one ranking point. This in turn means they have done nothing to date.

Agreed. I also heard that GBSA U12 was denied entry into Thruway league. The GBSA parent was disappointed for they were told it was a "done deal". When I asked why she thought that, she said that they had Riley and Kashou. Interesting, it must be their marketing approach. Well, I will stay with VYSA and to grateful that my son is not involved with all of this drama.

Thanks Rich/Tom, you can keep sending your teams info to gotsoccer.com for the all important National Club Soccer Rankings" which mean nothing. Attend another college showcase in the club division with a premier team and claim success. We'll overlook the fact that the other premier teams were 5 divisions above your team in the same age groups so that its really impressive to us all.

Keep screwing with other clubs and coaches while trying to blame others for the mistakes that you made. When asked to provide paperwork you can say its unnecessary but demand that other groups have extra paperwork that is not mandated. Run rec youth soccer with 20 people who show up working without their cleared risk management but that doesn't really matter to you because NYSW rules don't apply to your group that same as it does to others. I forgot you have one true passion- money and fame because its showing that you truly don't care about kids being able to play the game.

Guest Pro United FC Fan

Thanks Rich/Tom, you can keep sending your teams info to gotsoccer.com for the all important National Club Soccer Rankings" which mean nothing. Attend another college showcase in the club division with a premier team and claim success. We'll overlook the fact that the other premier teams were 5 divisions above your team in the same age groups so that its really impressive to us all.

Keep screwing with other clubs and coaches while trying to blame others for the mistakes that you made. When asked to provide paperwork you can say its unnecessary but demand that other groups have extra paperwork that is not mandated. Run rec youth soccer with 20 people who show up working without their cleared risk management but that doesn't really matter to you because NYSW rules don't apply to your group that same as it does to others. I forgot you have one true passion- money and fame because its showing that you truly don't care about kids being able to play the game.

You are just jealous that you did not do this first - keep rambling about nothing! Mistakes? Paperwork for what? Here is a box of tissues for your tears . . .

You are just jealous that you did not do this first - keep rambling about nothing! Mistakes? Paperwork for what? Here is a box of tissues for your tears . . .

Mistakes, no paperwork? How about not giving VYSA paperwork when they asked for it. Tom could have alleviated the whole stupid bus issue with them if he just gave them what they requested. Instead he blew up the whole situation into something that was not nearly that complex. This was not an issue of nothing, that issue along with the problems of fundraising was why VYSA was the target of D'arpinos plan. I know there are people who have already left UFC after finding out D'arpino mis-represented facts to them about the club.

How's Marco working out for you now? Why did they have to strip him of duties? How did Shane Cook become a more qualified trainer than a member of the NSCAA national staff.

First of all you dont send results to got soccer, when you play in a rank game they are already there. Secondly the teams were in the same flight as Empire and the rest of the NYW teams. They played Empire in the finals stupid. Get your facts straght and crawl back under the bridge in Vestal.

First of all you dont send results to got soccer, when you play in a rank game they are already there. Secondly the teams were in the same flight as Empire and the rest of the NYW teams. They played Empire in the finals stupid. Get your facts straght and crawl back under the bridge in Vestal.

Hey moron they aren't talking the dome tourney they are talking about the real ones down in LI that UFC was bragging about winning. Just keep drinking what they are providing, they have done so well so far LOL

Guest VYSA is #1

Mistakes, no paperwork? How about not giving VYSA paperwork when they asked for it. Tom could have alleviated the whole stupid bus issue with them if he just gave them what they requested. Instead he blew up the whole situation into something that was not nearly that complex. This was not an issue of nothing, that issue along with the problems of fundraising was why VYSA was the target of D'arpinos plan. I know there are people who have already left UFC after finding out D'arpino mis-represented facts to them about the club.

How's Marco working out for you now? Why did they have to strip him of duties? How did Shane Cook become a more qualified trainer than a member of the NSCAA national staff.

Paul is working out great! He is an asset to the Club and we all welcome him. As for the VYSA issue - get over it - Wirth and others are making a mountain out of a mole hill! I would rather work with folks like Tom, Marco, and Cook, then some of the arrogant, incompetent folks that are "bringing value" to the Vestal players.

And to comment that players are leaving to go elsewhere, well get with it, not everyone can be satisfied - and almost all of the time some parent sees greener pastures. Still, most folks would agree that over 500 players in its first year is pretty impressive. But, wherever a player is, we all have to remember that it is about the kids and not about Cook, Tom, Wirth, Stockwin, UFC, GBSA, or VYSA - it is all about the kids.

My kids play soccer, that said.... They play other sports. This is a typical rich wasp thread from a bunch of non athlete soccer parents who think their kid will be the next Pele. Get over it, I don't seem to see seven pages of squabble about baseball/ football or lacrosse. If you have this many problems with a person, group or whatever, then how about this novel idea, you simply nut up and go to a board meeting. Random thoughts on here are not getting it done. Jeez, what a bunch of mandy pandys

Hey moron they aren't talking the dome tourney they are talking about the real ones down in LI that UFC was bragging about winning. Just keep drinking what they are providing, they have done so well so far LOL

They played Empire in the Finals in L.I.! Now whos stupid? Again your ignorance to the subject is glaring!!

They played Empire in the Finals in L.I.! Now whos stupid? Again your ignorance to the subject is glaring!!

Really TSF Academy out of New Jersey turned into Empire? Thats new to everyone--Emipre wasn't at the NEWSS Showcase. Rochester FC was and the Alleycats were, but both were in higher divisions than UFC.

Final

UNITED FC U17 - U18 GIRLS

1 icon_winner2.gif

TSF ACADEMY LADY TITANS (

Wait you were talking the u16 girls who played Empire but lost in the Final. You see when I say you claim to win a tourney I don't mean the team that lost in the finals, that wouldn't be winning now would it?

Guest The man

People keep making the argument that UFC has attracted players or has "500 players in it's first year." That's because UFC (Darpino) put the money down about 6 months in advance to rent ALL the Dome fields ALL night on EVERY weeknight. UFC didn't attract anyone, they received everyone because there was nowhere else to practice. Unless there's some other perfect indoor soccer facility hiding somewhere, UFC has essentially monopolized the area's soccer. And then they promptly ran it into the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

People keep making the argument that UFC has attracted players or has "500 players in it's first year." That's because UFC (Darpino) put the money down about 6 months in advance to rent ALL the Dome fields ALL night on EVERY weeknight. UFC didn't attract anyone, they received everyone because there was nowhere else to practice. Unless there's some other perfect indoor soccer facility hiding somewhere, UFC has essentially monopolized the area's soccer. And then they promptly ran it into the ground.

Could you explain how they ran it into the ground? More of those 500 players than not were practicing in a gym somewhere last year, now there in the dome. Seems like a good thing to me. The only ones you could argue were forced to play there were the Fusion teams and thats a small part of 500 and it seems most of them are happy this year.

It appears that things have calmed down. I really only see the boy's side, so I can't speak to the girl's side, but for a while things were quite bad, kids not showing up, Sarah and Texas's favorite profile trying to run practices, and all the while getting resisted. From what I heard, one of the older teams starting wearing their Fusion shirts at practices! They were threatened with not being sent to tournaments if they didn't start wearing the UFC shirts! Then, Darpino made a deal that if they wore UFC shirts for 2 weeks, they would get the third jersey that was ordered and paid for!!! (and being held hostage by Darpino) If this is true, I'm disgusted. I don't want my kid dealing with this if he stays in the program. As for the younger ages, I would much rather see Paul Marco or SOME certified coach training my kid. Enough of these parent coaches. I pay too much to see nothing but scrimmaging and monotonous drills at practices. The Fusion kids were absolutely forced into it, and they make up a majority of the players. Fusion was the dominant travel club, and all night every night you could see their teams practicing. Are you saying that with the advent of UFC that only a small number of these players made the transition to the new club? Did the rest of the players U12-U18 boys and girls just disappear? Did they all quit soccer or move to a new club? No, most of then stayed on with UFC. Like I said, I can only talk about the boys side, and specifically the younger ages. Maybe UFC has been a godsend for the rest of the families in the area. I can't be sure. But from what I've seen, not likely.

It appears that things have calmed down. I really only see the boy's side, so I can't speak to the girl's side, but for a while things were quite bad, kids not showing up, Sarah and Texas's favorite profile trying to run practices, and all the while getting resisted. From what I heard, one of the older teams starting wearing their Fusion shirts at practices! They were threatened with not being sent to tournaments if they didn't start wearing the UFC shirts! Then, Darpino made a deal that if they wore UFC shirts for 2 weeks, they would get the third jersey that was ordered and paid for!!! (and being held hostage by Darpino) If this is true, I'm disgusted. I don't want my kid dealing with this if he stays in the program. As for the younger ages, I would much rather see Paul Marco or SOME certified coach training my kid. Enough of these parent coaches. I pay too much to see nothing but scrimmaging and monotonous drills at practices. The Fusion kids were absolutely forced into it, and they make up a majority of the players. Fusion was the dominant travel club, and all night every night you could see their teams practicing. Are you saying that with the advent of UFC that only a small number of these players made the transition to the new club? Did the rest of the players U12-U18 boys and girls just disappear? Did they all quit soccer or move to a new club? No, most of then stayed on with UFC. Like I said, I can only talk about the boys side, and specifically the younger ages. Maybe UFC has been a godsend for the rest of the families in the area. I can't be sure. But from what I've seen, not likely.

All the players and parents knew the white jerseys were backordered and being paid for just like the other two way back in the summer. I cant say they didnt but Ive never seen a team practicing in Fusion jerseys other than 1 or 2 kids. Im not saying only a small number of the Fusion kids stayed with UFC, actually the teams are quite a bit bigger than they were last year. As with any change there are some that dont like it, mostly because their kids half to work for their spot now that there are more players. As for the girls side they seemed to have a pretty good showing at Afrims this weekend as the 16s went undefeated and the older team looked to be doing pretty good from what little I saw. The younger girls had a pretty dominant win over another posters almighty Allycats U18s

Here we go again UFC girls parents bragging about indoor wins. The boys side is the only side worth talking about. When is the last time you have won a State cup? Thought so. Shutup everyone knows the boys are where it's at. Leave the real winning to us.

Here we go again UFC girls parents bragging about indoor wins. The boys side is the only side worth talking about. When is the last time you have won a State cup? Thought so. Shutup everyone knows the boys are where it's at. Leave the real winning to us.

It appears to me that you are NOT a UFC parent (or player). If you were, you would support your club, but instead you are now trying to separate the boys from the girls. If you were a "team player", you would support and not bash the girls - for you never hear them bashing the boys, in fact, most players (no matter what club they are with) are supportive of their fellow club members. Thank you for your thoughtless attempt at trying to stir the pot, but more level-headed folks can see through your immature attempt.

It appears to me that you are NOT a UFC parent (or player). If you were, you would support your club, but instead you are now trying to separate the boys from the girls. If you were a "team player", you would support and not bash the girls - for you never hear them bashing the boys, in fact, most players (no matter what club they are with) are supportive of their fellow club members. Thank you for your thoughtless attempt at trying to stir the pot, but more level-headed folks can see through your immature attempt.

Sorry but I know many members of the guys side of UFC that feel this way. UFC is not one big happy family like you want to portray it as Fox, there have already been people stepping away and distancing themselves from the lies they were sold. For a club that touted professional coaching, there are more parent coaches being used than GBSA has and I know for a fact that the training has not been being run or set up as many people were led to believe.

We wonder how the side of Fusion that produced the least in all areas- wins, teams, scholarships can step in over the side that had produced success. Cook Pitts, and McClellan have done nothing to show they know how to lead a program. Pitts destroyed the only Girls State Cup winner Fusion had- Leightmann and LaRoche won two crowns, Pitts took over and the team never won again. Cook has had full teams he coach leave the club because of his actions and McClellan has never won anything at the club level.

As for the person saying UFC saved soccer by getting kids out of gyms get real. VYSA teams had been at the dome the last few years without UFC, same for Fusion. UFC bought up all the training time to force teams to join or resort to using gyms again. It was done to swell the numbers of the club but it has led to resentment. Trying to deny that just makes you look foolish.

Interesting the power of hearsay - has no value in our judicial system but people must gossip. For your benefit - Fusion was NEVER a travel club, they have always been a Premier Club. They are the only Premier Club in the Binghamton area and have successfuly transitioned over to the UFC Club. Nothing changed except Club name and their training costs are lower. I would be curious to see how many Binghamton areas players there were for last year and compare that to this year. My guess is that they are close, but that is only a guess.

Your "deal" comments about Darpino and others about "holding hostage" are misplaced. You obviously have no experience with club sports for if you did, you would know that what the Club has put into place is expected in other Clubs. Either you are a team player or you are not..... It is not the team that helps reduce the cost of the program to the parents, but the efforts of others to fundraise to support the Club.

In the end, no one is held hostage. If you do not like the approach, you can transfer to a Club that may meet your individual needs . . . or course you could also get involved as a Board/Committee Member and bring these issues to the Board for resolution. Issues are discussed and alternatives are presented, and decisions are made - AS A COMMITTEE.

Archived