Best UFC Soccer players

Guest college scout

Guest Club Politico

As for the person saying UFC saved soccer by getting kids out of gyms get real. VYSA teams had been at the dome the last few years without UFC, same for Fusion. UFC bought up all the training time to force teams to join or resort to using gyms again. It was done to swell the numbers of the club but it has led to resentment. Trying to deny that just makes you look foolish.

Greater Binghamton Sports Complex = for profit organization. UFC presents an offer to lease 4 out of the 6 fields for weeknights 5 to 8. Notice not all 6 fields. I suppose Riley could give up some time for his business, oh wait . . . . he has an agreement with GBSC . . .

So, if GBSC was really concerned with loacl soccer programs, they may have contacted others to match the multi-year agreement that UFC had presented. You can ask Bahij if he did that, but my guess is that he did not contact others and took the agreement and ran. In this market - a guaranteed revenue stream is much better to have than the promises of future teams that are at the whims of parents.

GBCS saw a gauranteed revenue stream and agreed to the lease of 4 fields, just like he did with Riley. So, you can blame UFC, but remember it takes two to tangle. It is also funny that the GBSA teams seem to have plenty of time to practice, too. It is also easy to point a finger when you do not have a vision - namely VYSA, the defunct SRUSA, JC and soon to be BC United . . . Then again, you can travel to Ithaca or Scranton to join other teams and have indoor facilities to practice in. or I guess you can complain with playing in gyms . . .

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude Im on the team, and I know for a FACT that darpino cut a deal with us that if we wore his stupid jerseys we would get the black third jerseys. no "heresay" here, it fucking happened. we all fucking hate UFC

Interesting the power of hearsay - has no value in our judicial system but people must gossip. For your benefit - Fusion was NEVER a travel club, they have always been a Premier Club. They are the only Premier Club in the Binghamton area and have successfuly transitioned over to the UFC Club. Nothing changed except Club name and their training costs are lower. I would be curious to see how many Binghamton areas players there were for last year and compare that to this year. My guess is that they are close, but that is only a guess.

Your "deal" comments about Darpino and others about "holding hostage" are misplaced. You obviously have no experience with club sports for if you did, you would know that what the Club has put into place is expected in other Clubs. Either you are a team player or you are not..... It is not the team that helps reduce the cost of the program to the parents, but the efforts of others to fundraise to support the Club.

In the end, no one is held hostage. If you do not like the approach, you can transfer to a Club that may meet your individual needs . . . or course you could also get involved as a Board/Committee Member and bring these issues to the Board for resolution. Issues are discussed and alternatives are presented, and decisions are made - AS A COMMITTEE.

Hey Pat, I have plenty of experience in club sports my daughters played club volleyball, my sons have both played club soccer and club lacrosse and never have I seen anything like UFC. Don't try and tell me nothing has changed but the name thats a load of crap. Paul Marco is nowhere near as involved as he was with Fusion. The costs have not been much lower for me yet, trust me the I pay the bills in the house and I know what I have spent on my kids teams before. Yes D'arpino made a deal that forced Fusion to join, there is no way around it. Stop trying to deny what happened it was obvious and it worked for now.

FYI I was around when Fusion was started Pat, it actually started as a new club FC Broome, they merged with BC United and became Fusion after the arrival of Marco. Fusion was the premier side and BC United was the club side. The whole thing was started in the early 1990's and went through many stages. So before you claim to know the whole story how about you get to know the actual facts, you were in the Midwest when all this took place.

Dude Im on the team, and I know for a FACT that darpino cut a deal with us that if we wore his stupid jerseys we would get the black third jerseys. no "heresay" here, it fucking happened. we all fucking hate UFC

Real simple QUIT!! Whos forcing you to play there?

Wanna pay for my gas to drive up to syracuse or buffalo 3 times a week? This is the best place around to play, and it's shitty as fuck. Fuck you shane, purtell, covert, and darpino. and fuck you paul marco for leaving us with these clowns

Wanna pay for my gas to drive up to syracuse or buffalo 3 times a week? This is the best place around to play, and it's shitty as fuck. Fuck you shane, purtell, covert, and darpino. and fuck you paul marco for leaving us with these clowns

Carefull son its real simple to trace your url to your email. You could be driving up there wether you want to or not!

Hey kid don't blame Marco, he's been screwed over the worst of the whole group. He actually had something decent going on the boys side but didn't suck up to the right money man like Shane did. Cook had been waiting years to try and screw over Marco, he doesn't give a rats ass about whats best for soccer.

But don't tell Pat Fox that Marco has left, according to him everything is just the same on the boys side from last year. You are happy, the team is doing great and you have the best training you can get with Shane and Sarah.

Not only has there been zero savings, not that I expected any

Uniforms with three shirts = free

Gear bags = free

Field time for friendlies = free

And personally I havent seen any parents coaching the premier teams, some have a volunteer to be a gopher but always a profesional coach on the field.

Carefull son its real simple to trace your url to your email. You could be driving up there wether you want to or not!

Oooohhh faulty internet threats that'll scare the kid. Why would he have used his email its a guest account? The kid doesn't have a URL, the sites on the web have a URL, you would be trying to trace his ISP and thats easy to shift with a proxy server or by going to a public provider like any McDonalds or Barnes and Noble with free wi-fi. You might want to actually know what you are talking about

Hey Pat, I have plenty of experience in club sports my daughters played club volleyball, my sons have both played club soccer and club lacrosse and never have I seen anything like UFC. Don't try and tell me nothing has changed but the name thats a load of crap. Paul Marco is nowhere near as involved as he was with Fusion. The costs have not been much lower for me yet, trust me the I pay the bills in the house and I know what I have spent on my kids teams before. Yes D'arpino made a deal that forced Fusion to join, there is no way around it. Stop trying to deny what happened it was obvious and it worked for now.

FYI I was around when Fusion was started Pat, it actually started as a new club FC Broome, they merged with BC United and became Fusion after the arrival of Marco. Fusion was the premier side and BC United was the club side. The whole thing was started in the early 1990's and went through many stages. So before you claim to know the whole story how about you get to know the actual facts, you were in the Midwest when all this took place.

Speaking about knowing the facts, I'm not sure where you got your timeline from but Paul Marco started the first team known as Fusion and he's only been here for ten years. I should know because one of my children played on that team. Whatever you are referring to as starting in the early 1990's wasn't the Fusion program. Fusion started as one age group in 2003.

Speaking about knowing the facts, I'm not sure where you got your timeline from but Paul Marco started the first team known as Fusion and he's only been here for ten years. I should know because one of my children played on that team. Whatever you are referring to as starting in the early 1990's wasn't the Fusion program. Fusion started as one age group in 2003.

I'll re-state what was written we were both saying the same thing..Premier soccer started in this area early to mid 1990's with FC Broome it was a solo club, no feeders or anything. The club was headed by Jack Galli and he brought in Bob Sokolinsky to run it. They stayed solo until1999 or 2000 and then they decided to merge with BC United to get the use of the outdoor field complex. FC Broome was part of BC United and was still our premier set up until Marco stepped and they renamed the premier side Fusion, sorry if that wasn't clear enough in the original post. The only other true premier team we had was the short lived Euro Futbol that RJ Bevers the Dutch guy who went to coach at U Albany started. That folded as soon as RJ left, it actually was a small group but very successful.

I'm so glad to not be involved with this anymore. I played for BC United/Fusion U8-U18, and reading this is terrible. Youth soccer in this area is ridiculous. You "adults" are so egotisitical it is astonishing. People wonder why this area is lacking in the soccer world.. It's not because of the coaching, because coaching only gets you so far. If you want your kid to be great, a coach will not take them there. It takes individual effort and a work ehtic like no other. Having you, their parents and mentors argue like fools only hinders their ability to be successful. So while you all sit here with your thumbs up your butts, don't be surprised when youth soccer falls apart. Stop pointing fingers because it's all of you pricks who are to blame. I'm not a super star player, I play because I love the game. This political game you play is way to dominant in the world today. SOOOOO glad to have played before this BS got out of control. Sorry to all the kids out there who will never get to play for a stable club!

I'm so glad to not be involved with this anymore. I played for BC United/Fusion U8-U18, and reading this is terrible. Youth soccer in this area is ridiculous. You "adults" are so egotisitical it is astonishing. People wonder why this area is lacking in the soccer world.. It's not because of the coaching, because coaching only gets you so far. If you want your kid to be great, a coach will not take them there. It takes individual effort and a work ehtic like no other. Having you, their parents and mentors argue like fools only hinders their ability to be successful. So while you all sit here with your thumbs up your butts, don't be surprised when youth soccer falls apart. Stop pointing fingers because it's all of you pricks who are to blame. I'm not a super star player, I play because I love the game. This political game you play is way to dominant in the world today. SOOOOO glad to have played before this BS got out of control. Sorry to all the kids out there who will never get to play for a stable club!

Trust me its just a few, If you read through these threads its obvious its mostly just fuzzy nutters. I can only speak for one of the premier teams but I can tell you players and parents alike are more than happy with the way things are going this year. I understand a couple of the teams on the boys side arent happy but I would guess thats also more kids on here shooting off their mouths than the norm. Funny thing is its just like fusion was as Im sure you remember, those who dont or cant play there are gealous just like its always been.

The best thing UFC could ever do is offer something in the fall where high school age players could play and train at a higher level than high school with a teacher or parent coach. The players are taking steps backward every fall and Im sure if there was a better option most would chose not to even bother with high school soccer.

Ehhh, I like the idea, but I don't think you would get many takers. For a lot of kids, they believe that high school sports in general are the epitome of their lives (in season of course). I know I wouldn't trade a single game of my high school career for travel club training, even if I was knowingly sacrificing opportunity.

The best thing UFC could ever do is offer something in the fall where high school age players could play and train at a higher level than high school with a teacher or parent coach. The players are taking steps backward every fall and Im sure if there was a better option most would chose not to even bother with high school soccer.

This would be a great Idea and is being implemented in other parts of the country, problem in this area is all the decent coaches are busy coaching their college teams in the fall. One big reason why the northeast is so far behind in my opinion.

This would be a great Idea and is being implemented in other parts of the country, problem in this area is all the decent coaches are busy coaching their college teams in the fall. One big reason why the northeast is so far behind in my opinion.

Wrong, the reason it doesn't work here isn't the coaches its the lack of talent in the players. Our area and most of the NE simply does not have enough talented athletes to make it work. You need a large population center to run something like this and make it work, thats why Empire SA was developed with 3 large metro areas (Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo) to feed 1 academy team. Long Island/NYC has 4 in that area because it has enough population to support it. The old adage is still true you can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit. All the coaching in the world doesn't let inferior athletes become elite players.

The reason that areas like Florida, Texas and California lead in player production is they have more young talented athletes than our areas. The majority of the population in the NE is older, the population booms have been in other parts of the US for a long time and the facts are starting to show it more and more.

The majority of kids would be fools to make that choice, why spend money when you can play every day for free? A school team allows you to play with the people you grew up with and enjoy the time. Be honest on an normal Binghamton Premier soccer team you may have 2-3 scholarship players and another 4-5 that will actually be a college level player outside of BCC. To most of the kids on those teams their HS career is the highest point of honors they will ever play at for competition. As much as State Cup is great, players get more recognition for Sectional and State Playoffs always have and always will because the whole state is involved in schools and a small percentage play travel soccer.

The majority of kids would be fools to make that choice, why spend money when you can play every day for free? A school team allows you to play with the people you grew up with and enjoy the time. Be honest on an normal Binghamton Premier soccer team you may have 2-3 scholarship players and another 4-5 that will actually be a college level player outside of BCC. To most of the kids on those teams their HS career is the highest point of honors they will ever play at for competition. As much as State Cup is great, players get more recognition for Sectional and State Playoffs always have and always will because the whole state is involved in schools and a small percentage play travel soccer.

So your saying there are possibly 8 kids on a premier team that may be able to play in college, You are already proven wrong year after year. But lets say your right, thats 8 kids times 5 boys teams and 4 girls teams. Thats 56 kids that could benefit from something like this. Quit thinking this could hurt your school team and think it could be the best for some kids

Guest Guest

So your saying there are possibly 8 kids on a premier team that may be able to play in college, You are already proven wrong year after year. But lets say your right, thats 8 kids times 5 boys teams and 4 girls teams. Thats 56 kids that could benefit from something like this. Quit thinking this could hurt your school team and think it could be the best for some kids

Just say a little mouse told you so, there will be travel soccer in NYW next fall for high school age kids with teams out of the Ithaca/Cortland area

Guest Guest

Just say a little mouse told you so, there will be travel soccer in NYW next fall for high school age kids with teams out of the Ithaca/Cortland area

Won't matter much honestly

Guest Guest

do you have a link? There are a half dozen kids from my school that will jump on that

Guest Guest

Really TSF Academy out of New Jersey turned into Empire? Thats new to everyone--Emipre wasn't at the NEWSS Showcase. Rochester FC was and the Alleycats were, but both were in higher divisions than UFC.

Final

UNITED FC U17 - U18 GIRLS

1 icon_winner2.gif

TSF ACADEMY LADY TITANS (

Wait you were talking the u16 girls who played Empire but lost in the Final. You see when I say you claim to win a tourney I don't mean the team that lost in the finals, that wouldn't be winning now would it?

http://rankings.gots...ion=1&State=NYW

Archived