2012 Boys Stac Soccer

Guest Soccer fan

Easily the fastest player in the conference-yes even faster than Economo. There were a half dozen Corning kids that decided not to play. Imagine what might have been.......................

Throwing around names means nothing if you can't even pick the right names to throw around. Economou isn't the fastest player on his own team, so why is being faster than him any big deal? At least you should have named Felton for Vestal.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thoughts on stac champ. game tonight?

oneota wins 3-1. i think corn may have had a lucky run of teams. i read that mac was out for vestal, i read in post some elmira players were hurt, and i read that hans was out for jc.

Throwing around names means nothing if you can't even pick the right names to throw around. Economou isn't the fastest player on his own team, so why is being faster than him any big deal? At least you should have named Felton for Vestal.

Because Felton is hurt. Nah, not 3-1. Think it'll be a higher scoring affair. Sounds like Oneonta D is suspect, but O is great. I bet closer to Vestal score, 4-3 Oneonta.

Because Felton is hurt. Nah, not 3-1. Think it'll be a higher scoring affair. Sounds like Oneonta D is suspect, but O is great. I bet closer to Vestal score, 4-3 Oneonta.

Oneonta's O has been average this year to be honest, they lack the Dan Joseph, Eric Deemer type stud they had in years past. Brown and VanPel are solid but not the next level type of player the other guys were. I think they could pull it off but they aren't used to the turf like most of the small schools they are a team that plays on grass normally so that could factor in.

Any guesses on Sectionals? AA should be a wide open race any of the 4 can win it, the top three in A look like they can as well but ME losing to SV scares me the keeper injury could haunt them. SV and Oneonta in B looks to be a rematch that should happen in B. Lansing should take C and have a deep run in states.

STAC Final Oneonta 3 vs Corning 2 in OT.

For what it is worth, I think Vestal steps it up from here, they have more depth than any team in STAC, and they pull off the Class A win.

Oh and this ME v SV game I heard was the same as the JC v Greene game where it was m-e JVs v SV. Also heard it was a scrimmage, big difference from it being an actual game meaning something

You heard wrong, no JVs for ME at that game outside of the injured goalie for ME they played their starters most of the game. Crowle played all game at center back for ME, both Osovski boys and Kollar played until SV subbed their starters out with ten to play and a three goal lead. SV is a good team and should have a heck of a rematch with Oneonta for the B title.

I've seen almost all the schools in stac play this season. I would rank Vestal, M-E, Elmira, Corning, Ithaca and maybe even U-E ahead of JC. Admittedly, i'm a U-E supporter.

Well you didn't rank the STAC champ Oneonta or the two teams that beat them SV and JC so I'd say its safe to throw out your opinion. I tried to tell you the small school teams were no joke but you didn't want to believe it

Well you didn't rank the STAC champ Oneonta or the two teams that beat them SV and JC so I'd say its safe to throw out your opinion. I tried to tell you the small school teams were no joke but you didn't want to believe it

ONE small school proved not to be a joke...Oneonta. SV didn't even make the STAC playoffs and JC was outmatched by Corning. SV and JC are most definately a notch below Vestal, Elmira, Corning and maybe even Ithaca.

Since we are all talking about players missing, Corning is missing arguably its most dangerous offensive player. Jon Michael Tokar, the kicker for the football team left, and was last year's leading scorer, He also led in yellow cards too, so it could be an addition by subtraction in that way. The kid is a Division 1 lacrosse player, and is now being looked at by D1 schools for kicking. Tells you the type of athlete he is. Easily the fastest player in the conference-yes even faster than Economo. There were a half dozen Corning kids that decided not to play. Imagine what might have been.......................

ONE small school proved not to be a joke...Oneonta. SV didn't even make the STAC playoffs and JC was outmatched by Corning. SV and JC are most definately a notch below Vestal, Elmira, Corning and maybe even Ithaca.

SV and JC beat Oneonta, both of them are equal to above any of the teams you mentioned. SV didn't make the playoffs? neither did Elmira, Ithaca, UE or ME- all other teams you had previously mentioned as being good, only one team per division makes it so thats a dumb thing to say. JC was not out matched, they play a defensive style while trying for quick counters and it almost worked he game ended in a tie. They rarel dominate a full game even when they win its just not how they play, very similar to Elmira actually.

SV and JC beat Oneonta, both of them are equal to above any of the teams you mentioned. SV didn't make the playoffs? neither did Elmira, Ithaca, UE or ME- all other teams you had previously mentioned as being good, only one team per division makes it so thats a dumb thing to say. JC was not out matched, they play a defensive style while trying for quick counters and it almost worked he game ended in a tie. They rarel dominate a full game even when they win its just not how they play, very similar to Elmira actually.

Just wait and see how all of them do in sectionals. I hope that local teams all win and make it to at least 1 state playoff game. The kids deserve it not the people posting on this web site. I think that Elmira could in AA vestal in A and SV in B. good luck to all of them.

With the STAC season over and sectionals coming up this week here are some thoughts. Teams with established soccer guys in charge really had much better years than others, it was really evident this season. Corning, Elmira, Vestal, ME, JC, SV, & Oneonta were all the top two in STAC play and not shockingly they all have good coaches. UE and Owego are also up and coming in that area they could be stronger in years to come if they keep their coaches. With less and less kids playing travel soccer its more telling who has coaching and who doesn't. That will continue to show in sectional play.

The top players Purtell, Alex, Mac, Rood are more important than ever to their teams. In years past many teams had a few guys deep but the drop off from the top guys to the next level anymore is huge. Vestal and JC have big questions with injuries to their top players and ME has to find an answer in goal as well. Could be a wide open race in Class A, might the healthiest team be Owego? Class B can SV stop the run that Oneonta is on? AA is wide open but I really can't see any of those teams doing much out of the area.

With the STAC season over and sectionals coming up this week here are some thoughts. Teams with established soccer guys in charge really had much better years than others, it was really evident this season. Corning, Elmira, Vestal, ME, JC, SV, & Oneonta were all the top two in STAC play and not shockingly they all have good coaches. UE and Owego are also up and coming in that area they could be stronger in years to come if they keep their coaches. With less and less kids playing travel soccer its more telling who has coaching and who doesn't. That will continue to show in sectional play.

The top players Purtell, Alex, Mac, Rood are more important than ever to their teams. In years past many teams had a few guys deep but the drop off from the top guys to the next level anymore is huge. Vestal and JC have big questions with injuries to their top players and ME has to find an answer in goal as well. Could be a wide open race in Class A, might the healthiest team be Owego? Class B can SV stop the run that Oneonta is on? AA is wide open but I really can't see any of those teams doing much out of the area.

good points i've been impressed with corning this season both by style of play and results under its new coach. from what I can think this is the first time corning has won 10 games, been the number 1 sectional seed, won stac west, and been state ranked and its crazy all those firsts happened in one season

Coaching is and always has been a major contributor to good teams and programs. It's possible for a good coach to have a bad season or a bad coach to have a good season, but the best coaches in the area obviously have more good seasons than bad. Of those coaches, I think that only corning has more to prove. They are in the process of a very good season under a new coach but maintaining that level of play over a number of seasons will be the difficult part.

good points i've been impressed with corning this season both by style of play and results under its new coach. from what I can think this is the first time corning has won 10 games, been the number 1 sectional seed, won stac west, and been state ranked and its crazy all those firsts happened in one season

Might want to double check your facts. Two of the four are incorrect. Also-No one has been AA class #1 seed except Vestal in how long? That was a stupid point.

M-E steps their game up again at the right time of year, helped by the return of GK. Beats JC 2-1, they had they better of play and deserved the win no question about it. JC really needs to find a style other than the dump and chase while hoping to convert set pieces to consistently beat better teams. Purtell looked ok not sure what the injury was that kept him out of the STAC semi, couldn't have been anything too major from the way he played today.

Ithaca over Elmira 5-2 today. Elmira doesn't look anything like they did the first half of the season. Injuries look like they have taken the heart out of that team.

Vestal takes care of work 2-0 over Owego. Not dominating performance but they had more than enough to win pretty easy, never were actually threatened to lose the game but they don't look as strong right now, ME could possibly get them in the final

Vestal takes care of work 2-0 over Owego. Not dominating performance but they had more than enough to win pretty easy, never were actually threatened to lose the game but they don't look as strong right now, ME could possibly get them in the final

who does ithaca play in the final?

Any predictions for this coming weekend and maybe even beyond?????

AA_Corning wins then loses first round in states

A-Vestal wins and then wins 1 in states and gets knocked out

B-Sv wins then loses in first round of states

C-Lansing wins then makes it to final of states before losing

D-Elmira ND wins then loses in semi finals of state

AA_Corning wins then loses first round in states

A-Vestal wins and then wins 1 in states and gets knocked out

B-Sv wins then loses in first round of states

C-Lansing wins then makes it to final of states before losing

D-Elmira ND wins then loses in semi finals of state

AA Ithaca wins and loses in first round of states

A Vestal wins and loses in first round of states (if they were 100% healthy, I could choose them to go deeper)

B ONeonta wins and wins one game in states

C Lansing wins and wins a game in states

D it's class D, who cares. whoever has the fastest player wins

AA Ithaca wins and loses in first round of states

A Vestal wins and loses in first round of states (if they were 100% healthy, I could choose them to go deeper)

B ONeonta wins and wins one game in states

C Lansing wins and wins a game in states

D it's class D, who cares. whoever has the fastest player wins

I would expect that the two games to watch this weekend will be the Ithaca vs. Corning game and the SV vs. Oneonta. SHould be good ones

Archived