2012 Boys Stac Soccer

Guest Soccer fan

School Wins Losses Ties Points

Vestal 10 1 0 30

Maine-Endwell 6 4 1 19

Union-Endicott 4 7 0 12

Binghamton 0 11 0 0

What happened to the M-E Boys? I thought Riley was what was needed to turn that program around.

Riley is too busy focusing on his little GBSA u12 girls team. He is in Baltimore with them right now.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its vestal over SV it will be by a lot more than 1 but most likely Corning will beat SV

Totally agree about Vestal by more than one, totally disagree about the West winner being able to beat either JC or SV. Its no mistake that JC/SV both have one loss to each other they are solid teams and both well coached in doing what they want to do. The West teams all have huge problems and its why they all have at least 3 losses and some of them games they should never lose. Better teams overcome their bad games and win anyways. The West teams do not win on their bad days this year they are struggling to win on good days, thats a sign of a down division. Corning has a suspect defense and is not playing consistent in any way. Elmira only has one player who can score and he is easily rattled and has been shut down numerous times already. I'll take the teams that just keep coming through no matter what

Looks like Corning will take the West, Vestal has clinched the Metro and Oneonta has the East. Only thing to be decided is the Central and SV/JC look like they will need a playoff to decide it. Whoever wins that game would be top seed and get Corning while Vestal would travel to Oneonta. Anyone have any idea where the play off game would be?

The West isn't even close to being decided. Corning and Elmira play on Wednesday. That game could ultimately decide the winner. The two teams are tied with 24 points.

Riley is too busy focusing on his little GBSA u12 girls team. He is in Baltimore with them right now.

Maybe he should take over the M-E girls program if he can't get his team back on track. Maybe he gets paid more from GBSA.

yessir. ur right. i am the old coach hahahahahaha. im not one of most of the team that thinks so. we moved the ball jus as good lasrt year, we just couldn't score. are defence was tite tho. we new are offense would come. it started in brazil, faker. we won lots of games theree an scored a lot. thanks tho. peace

it is funny how the corning fans come out now that they are important. not much talking from them the last 10 years

School Wins Losses Ties Points

Vestal 10 1 0 30

Maine-Endwell 6 4 1 19

Union-Endicott 4 7 0 12

Binghamton 0 11 0 0

What happened to the M-E Boys? I thought Riley was what was needed to turn that program around.

they lost the keeper that carried them to the state championship game last year and their leading scorer

they lost the keeper that carried them to the state championship game last year and their leading scorer

M-E is still a very quality team. All of thier losses have come to quality teams. Vestal twice, Corning, and Elmira. They seemed to have lost some scoring punch from last season, but that tends to happen with graduation.

''owego 2 sv 1

I see that JC won against Seton so now the only division that is not decided is the Stac West. WIll be interesting as to whi wins it.

Sectionals will be interesting as well as there are not many teams that even qualify for them this year.

Binghamton needs to get rid of Varsity coach Dan Smith.......he has been weighing down the soccer program for years. New modified head coach Jon Shea has done a tremendous job this season....he is definitely a better "coach" than Smith. He should be the one taking over.

Binghamton needs to get rid of Varsity coach Dan Smith.......he has been weighing down the soccer program for years. New modified head coach Jon Shea has done a tremendous job this season....he is definitely a better "coach" than Smith. He should be the one taking over.

Bingo needs to drop the program all together. God awful on both the girls and boys side.

Bingo needs to drop the program all together. God awful on both the girls and boys side.

The girls side has been outscored 63-2 this season. The boys, 74-3. Yikes! Scary thing is, they both still have a game left.

Binghamton's problems are not because of Dan Smith. I actually think he does a decent job for the talent that he's handed. He's firm with his player, doesnt' play kids that don't follow rules, and always puts their best efforts forward. They just aren't good.

Stac listed Elmira beating UE 4-0 the real score was UE beating Elmira 2-0 not a big deal but might effect the seedings if not addressed

Shouldn't really effect the standings, Corning needs to beat Vestal to force the tie-breaker now after dropping three in a row and just can't see that happening. Section 4 AA is probably the weakest its been in 30 years this season, 9-5 best record 8-6 second best, just awful. I honestly believe the second place teams in A & B could both win the AA crown this year. M-E has already shown they can beat the AA teams and I think SV or Oneonta could do the same.

As for the STAC playoffs, I'd look for JC to beat Elmira easily and Vestal to do the same with Oneonta. I think Oneonta is paying the price for not seeing much competition all year long anymore. The STAC East just does not get you tested enough to win against better teams. JC has really come along this year and honestly they may be able to challenge Vestal for the title. Purtell has probably had the best season of any player in the league taking a team that lost almost its whole starting lineup and being this strong.

UE already beat Oneanta in a scrimage

Scrimmages mean nothing all depends on what the coaches are working on that day. take this as a point- UE is 6-4 against AA teams this year and 0-4 against A schools. Speaks to how poor the AA teams really are. Horseheads and Bing are terrible teams this season.

Shouldn't really effect the standings, Corning needs to beat Vestal to force the tie-breaker now after dropping three in a row and just can't see that happening. Section 4 AA is probably the weakest its been in 30 years this season, 9-5 best record 8-6 second best, just awful. I honestly believe the second place teams in A & B could both win the AA crown this year. M-E has already shown they can beat the AA teams and I think SV or Oneonta could do the same.

As for the STAC playoffs, I'd look for JC to beat Elmira easily and Vestal to do the same with Oneonta. I think Oneonta is paying the price for not seeing much competition all year long anymore. The STAC East just does not get you tested enough to win against better teams. JC has really come along this year and honestly they may be able to challenge Vestal for the title. Purtell has probably had the best season of any player in the league taking a team that lost almost its whole starting lineup and being this strong.

It's easy to see you're a JC supporter. There is a reason they are 10-1 and unranked. They play absolutely no one.

You're a fool if you think JC wins easily over Elmira. I know elmira has some key injuries, but if they are full strength, I think they win pretty comfortably. I"ve seen both teams play and Elmira is the better team.

It's easy to see you're a JC supporter. There is a reason they are 10-1 and unranked. They play absolutely no one.

You're a fool if you think JC wins easily over Elmira. I know elmira has some key injuries, but if they are full strength, I think they win pretty comfortably. I"ve seen both teams play and Elmira is the better team.

JC knows how to handle a team based with one great player, they have seen Rood and SV many times and taking Alex away is just the same. JC is unranked because the morons who rank teams don't know what they are doing. SV went from unranked to number 5 in the state in one week. Oneonta was number two in the state playing far less than JC has all season. Elmira still being ranked despite losing 1/3 of their games is a joke. Any of the top 3 Class A teams Vestal ME JC would win AA this season the biggest schools are just not good this year

JC knows how to handle a team based with one great player, they have seen Rood and SV many times and taking Alex away is just the same. JC is unranked because the morons who rank teams don't know what they are doing. SV went from unranked to number 5 in the state in one week. Oneonta was number two in the state playing far less than JC has all season. Elmira still being ranked despite losing 1/3 of their games is a joke. Any of the top 3 Class A teams Vestal ME JC would win AA this season the biggest schools are just not good this year

Let me first say that JC doesn't belong in the same breath as Vestal and Maine-Endwell. JC isn't "one of the top A schools". They are a DISTANT 3rd. With that being said, Elmira BEAT both Vestal and Maine-Endwell this season.

I've seen almost all the schools in stac play this season. I would rank Vestal, M-E, Elmira, Corning, Ithaca and maybe even U-E ahead of JC. Admittedly, i'm a U-E supporter.

Elmira and Corning have both hit a slide. Elmira might be because of injury, as was posted before, but I am not aware if this is the case for sure or not.

I did watch the second match up between Corning and Maine Endwell, and Corning isn't as fluid a team as the beginning of the year. At the first match between the two teams, you could hear Corning players communicating all over the field, and they passed very willingly. They created a ton of quality opportunities. At the second match you could hear nothing, except an occasional man on call, other than bickering. You could actuallyhear players shouting at each other, and sense the body language from the stands. They had one quality opportunity the entire match. They were not anywhere near as willing to pass the ball at all. At a few points, the back flank defender on the left side, I think #23, made multiple runs out of the back and it looked like the team just down right refused to pass it his way. He was wide open on a few occasions, and appeared to be in a position to distribute positively. Maybe he just can't and the kids know it, not sure. Thankfully they didn't pass it to him, as ME was able to avenge an earlier loss to Corning (sorry, but rooting for ME to go to states in soccer and football again).

With that said, I would not include Corning in the top group at this point. UE is tricky too. They are very inconsistent. They have beaten Elmira both times, but did lose to Corning once. They seem to play as well as the Dimechelle (spelling?) kid is playing that day. I will give it to them, they are a fast and athletic team. If UE is tricky, Ithaca is Dr. Jeckyl and Mrs. Hyde. Really, the only consistent thing to come out of AA is that Binghamton and Horseheads are not very good teams. It would appear that whatever team comes out of AA for the state bid will be there for a very short time. I'd actually bet on it being Ithaca at this point, based on how it would appear sectional play is going to match up: UE @ Elmira-UE apparently is a tough match up for Elmira, Ithaca @ Corning or Corning@ Ithaca-Ithaca clearly better right now. Ithaca vs UE in the finals? If so, Ithaca moves on.

Let me first say that JC doesn't belong in the same breath as Vestal and Maine-Endwell. JC isn't "one of the top A schools". They are a DISTANT 3rd. With that being said, Elmira BEAT both Vestal and Maine-Endwell this season.

I've seen almost all the schools in stac play this season. I would rank Vestal, M-E, Elmira, Corning, Ithaca and maybe even U-E ahead of JC. Admittedly, i'm a U-E supporter.

I have seen most of the league as well and I totally disagree with your assessment that the AA teams are that much better than JC, Oneonta and SV. Elmira (stop one guy they don't score), Corning (defensive issues and coaching change), UE (great athletes not so much great soccer) and Ithaca (just way down from their normal) are not that strong this year and to say that they are well above the other teams is just wrong. Each of those teams has a big weakness that has been exploited by many teams and the three small schools are all capable of doing the same. Even ME for as good as it is has issues (inexperienced GK and no offense). My kid went to Owego and isn't there anymore but don't count out the small schools this year they have some good soccer there

Archived