2012 Boys Stac Soccer

Guest Soccer fan

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two serious upsets that change the league outlook a lot right now, UE taking out Elmira makes the West a wide open race. Any team in the West (except Horseheads) looks like it could win the division and Horseheads is a spoiler that has already beaten Corning so its seriously a fight to the finish.

The shock JC over Oneonta result was most likely a result of Oneonta not having seen a decent team all season. JC is a solid squad but has struggled to score this year and getting 4 on a team that had been winning 11-0 games shows the East for what it is, very down. Oneonta also struggled with Forks early in the season so they might not be as strong as people would have thought, just running up scores on the CV, Norwich etc teams is not impressive. SV had better watch out because one mistake and JC is right with them for the Central.

Two serious upsets that change the league outlook a lot right now, UE taking out Elmira makes the West a wide open race. Any team in the West (except Horseheads) looks like it could win the division and Horseheads is a spoiler that has already beaten Corning so its seriously a fight to the finish.

The shock JC over Oneonta result was most likely a result of Oneonta not having seen a decent team all season. JC is a solid squad but has struggled to score this year and getting 4 on a team that had been winning 11-0 games shows the East for what it is, very down. Oneonta also struggled with Forks early in the season so they might not be as strong as people would have thought, just running up scores on the CV, Norwich etc teams is not impressive. SV had better watch out because one mistake and JC is right with them for the Central.

anyone have updated scores from todays games?

I see a parent beat down happening soon, A LOT of wanna be coaches sitting on the side lines screaming at each other lately! Let the kids play, let the coaches coach and parents SHUT the hell up!

Vestal 5

Elmira 0

ME 2

Bing 0

Ithaca 5

UE 1

JC 7

CV1

Oneonta 5

Seton 1

Owego 6

Norwich 0

Predict the following

BOYS SOCCER

STAC

Elmira at Horseheads, 4:30......... Elmira 5-1 win. HH seems to not have te scoring punch and Elmira is coming off 3 loses while only scoring 1 goal

Susquehanna Valley at Norwich, 4:30 SV 9-0 Norwich weak team and SV still undefeated.

Chenango Forks at Johnson City, 4:30 JC 5-0 JC tracking right behind SV in division as they did last year. Will come down to SV vs. JC game next week

Owego at Oneonta, 4:30 UPSET Owego 2-1 Owego increases physical play and as noted last week Oneonta struggles when they are played that way

Seton Catholic Central at Chenango Valley, 4:30 Seton 3-1

Corning at Binghamton, 6 Corning 8-1 Binghamton outmatched again

Maine-Endwell at Ithaca, 7 Game of the day. last game ended in a 3-3 tiem this time Ithaca 2-1 over ME in overtime

the 3-1 game against horseheads and corning was do to a lack in the defense. a flat defence is not how they play. after switching to a diamond defence it has changed their outcome majorly. showing this in a 2-0 win against horseheads with horseheads' shot count at 0. the main problem for them will be next week with ithica and m-e.

Thought SV was supposed to be an offensive team coming into this season, all I heard about was Rood but saw them play for the first time and they were really more defensive in nature. Only allowed one clean look to Oneonta all game, keeper snuffed that shot pretty well and showed composure dealing with the long throws and crosses of Oneonta. SV had one goal called back for a touchy foul and missed two other break aways but they never really seemed to get a flow to the game on attack. The free kick was a quality goal, no doubt about it type shot and even better it came on the heels of a player trying to stand on top of the shooter and get into his head.

Saw the JC coach there taking notes should be interesting to see how the game Wed at SV between them ends up. Should be an interesting match-up. If SV wins I think they basically host the STAC West champ in one semi, and Oneonta would host Vestal. If JC wins then I think they would have to have a play-off game with SV to determine the division unless one of them slips up vs Owego or Seton, which I would be surprised with.

Thought SV was supposed to be an offensive team coming into this season, all I heard about was Rood but saw them play for the first time and they were really more defensive in nature. Only allowed one clean look to Oneonta all game, keeper snuffed that shot pretty well and showed composure dealing with the long throws and crosses of Oneonta. SV had one goal called back for a touchy foul and missed two other break aways but they never really seemed to get a flow to the game on attack. The free kick was a quality goal, no doubt about it type shot and even better it came on the heels of a player trying to stand on top of the shooter and get into his head.

Saw the JC coach there taking notes should be interesting to see how the game Wed at SV between them ends up. Should be an interesting match-up. If SV wins I think they basically host the STAC West champ in one semi, and Oneonta would host Vestal. If JC wins then I think they would have to have a play-off game with SV to determine the division unless one of them slips up vs Owego or Seton, which I would be surprised with.

This is probably accurate. How do you think SV stacks up to the STAC West teams? It looks to be Elmira on the inside track after their win over ithaca yesterday.

This is probably accurate. How do you think SV stacks up to the STAC West teams? It looks to be Elmira on the inside track after their win over ithaca yesterday.

I thought Corning was in the lead out West now with only 2 losses and Elmira having 3. Anyone know they actual standings, STAC website is always wrong it seems

Just found out the real standings in the West with big games left

Corning 6-2 (two games with Ithaca this week plus one v Vestal and one v Elmira)

Elmira 7-3 (one with Corning)

Ithaca 4-4-1 (two with Corning, one with Vestal)

Its still a pretty open race. Probably will come down to the game 10/10 Corning v Elmira. Its going to be tough for Ithaca to pass them both being two plus games back.

Just found out the real standings in the West with big games left

Corning 6-2 (two games with Ithaca this week plus one v Vestal and one v Elmira)

Elmira 7-3 (one with Corning)

Ithaca 4-4-1 (two with Corning, one with Vestal)

Its still a pretty open race. Probably will come down to the game 10/10 Corning v Elmira. Its going to be tough for Ithaca to pass them both being two plus games back.

Corning still has 2 games against Maine-Endwell as well. They easily have the most difficult road to climb.

Archived