2012 Boys Stac Soccer

Guest Soccer fan

I thought Corning was in the lead out West now with only 2 losses and Elmira having 3. Anyone know they actual standings, STAC website is always wrong it seems

The standings go by points. Elmira (7-2) has 21 points. Corning (6-2) has 18 pts. Ithaca (4-4-1) has 13 pts.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The standings go by points. Elmira (7-2) has 21 points. Corning (6-2) has 18 pts. Ithaca (4-4-1) has 13 pts.

Elmira has lost 3 for some reason they are trying to ignore the 5-0 beating Vestal put on them last week. Also STAC doesn't use 3 for a win they give 2 for a win and 1 for a tie- so its Elmira 14 points corning 12 points and Ithaca 9 points.

Elmira has lost 3 for some reason they are trying to ignore the 5-0 beating Vestal put on them last week. Also STAC doesn't use 3 for a win they give 2 for a win and 1 for a tie- so its Elmira 14 points corning 12 points and Ithaca 9 points.

For someone who is trying to act like they know what they are talking about, STAC changed thier policy this season and awards 3 points for a win.

Who have you spoken to in Elmira that is trying to ignore the Vestal loss? If I remember, Elmira is also Vestal's only loss in the last 3 seasons.

For someone who is trying to act like they know what they are talking about, STAC changed thier policy this season and awards 3 points for a win.

Who have you spoken to in Elmira that is trying to ignore the Vestal loss? If I remember, Elmira is also Vestal's only loss in the last 3 seasons.

Who? Look at their web page that game happens to be ignored totally and you failed to mention their third loss in your previous post.

Who? Look at their web page that game happens to be ignored totally and you failed to mention their third loss in your previous post.

I don't even know where thier webpage is let alone take that much time to care about what Elmira does with thier own season. I've seen them play. They are a quality team.

So Vestal went undefeated and won the state title the last two years? Did I miss that in the local media? Will anyone on this forum disagree that this is the weakest Vestal team in many years? As a matter of fact, this is the weakest Ithaca team in years too. This does prove Murphy's value again though. It appears Vestal is finally putting things together this fall.

Why is it that every time someone has an opposing view from you, your response is always personally targeted? You claim ignorance of everyone else-recognize a comon denominator? Yes the post about points maybe misinformed, and is in some way ignorant, but you could be just a but more civil in your response. It's pretty clear that these posts are from the same person based on tone, language, and the part many may not see, the syntax. You might want to change something about the way you write in order to not be obvious.

as someone who has seen vestal play alot the past 5 years, my son just graduated, i don't think they are down at all. they are 8-1 and after the first game against elmira they have given up two total goals. those are pretty significant numbers.

They gave up exactly TWO goals all of last season. They've already given up four (if I'm correct?). They lost Calvey, Hoover, Clark, Monteith, Rocco, and that's just the ~big names from last season. Don't forget the other Econ brothers and all the other stars from past seasons. Any given team from Vestal in the last decade, and many many other area teams would wipe the floor with this year's Vestal squad and be laughing before halftime. Yes they're good but the quality is so far down. Econ and Mac carry the team past severely reduced opponents, in contrast to past years when the whole Vestal team were potential all stars. So yes I agree they are good. But only in a very limited context.

Quality of play league wide is way down again, its starting to show what Fusion did to the area by cutting out so many teams. Yes the top one or two players on each HS team are better but the depth on the teams is gone because less kids are playing. When my older son played his HS team had four of the premier type players but all the other kids were still playing for a club team year round. Indoor at the dome and then spring league ball. Now teams are lucky to get 10 kids that play club soccer since most of the club teams are gone by u13/u14 and so many kids specialize with other sports as well.

Corning over Ithaca last night to take the lead in the West Division awful quiet from the Elmira people who post on here with that result LOL

corning is a very good team. best corning team ive seen. but they aren't in the lead in stac west. they are tied with elmira at 21 pts

JC handled SV today 4-1 two goals in the last ten minutes opening up a very tight game when SV tried tie it back up. Looks like they will have to have a playoff to decide the division next week. Game was very physical and the refs had their hands full with both squads. JC got one goal on a full field punt by the keeper headed over other goalie from 18 yards out to take the 2-1 lead, ball had to carry at least 70 yards in the air. Can't wait to see the rematch obviously not a lot of love loss between these two squads.

JC handled SV today 4-1 two goals in the last ten minutes opening up a very tight game when SV tried tie it back up. Looks like they will have to have a playoff to decide the division next week. Game was very physical and the refs had their hands full with both squads. JC got one goal on a full field punt by the keeper headed over other goalie from 18 yards out to take the 2-1 lead, ball had to carry at least 70 yards in the air. Can't wait to see the rematch obviously not a lot of love loss between these two squads.

I was at the game and yes it was very physical. SV got I think three cards and there were a few takles by JC that I thought may have warrented cards as well. There were at least two that looked like cleats up that got ankles. SHould be interesting if both JC and SV win out the remainder of the games .. I expect they will as they both have seton and owego to go. Rematch will be intense to say the least. Game was close until the last ten minutes as once the second goal was given up SV seemed to loose all air. Looking forward to the rematch if it occurrs. Purtell and Rood will be a fun game to watch.

Looks like Corning will take the West, Vestal has clinched the Metro and Oneonta has the East. Only thing to be decided is the Central and SV/JC look like they will need a playoff to decide it. Whoever wins that game would be top seed and get Corning while Vestal would travel to Oneonta. Anyone have any idea where the play off game would be?

we would really have took the west with our coach there. are school district is dumb. coach m is nice but coach would have drivin us to want more. i think we would be 10-0 right now. some of are top players left or didn't play. i still think we can win, but it would have been easier. we lossed tonite 4-0. this ithaca team is not anywhere close to last year and we lost 2-1 both games last year with a weaker team for us.

It is almost like the post above is coming from the old Corning coach who sounds a little jealous of Corning Success this year, and I have seen Corning play this year, they never have moved the ball like they do now in the past, thus they had so much talent over the years and never won anything.

yessir. ur right. i am the old coach hahahahahaha. im not one of most of the team that thinks so. we moved the ball jus as good lasrt year, we just couldn't score. are defence was tite tho. we new are offense would come. it started in brazil, faker. we won lots of games theree an scored a lot. thanks tho. peace

Looks like stac east is decided -Oneonta

Stac Metro-Vestal

Stac west either Elmira or Corning but corning looks as though they will pull it out

Stac central will come down to a playoff game between JC/SV they split there series so far this year. I assume they will have to play at a nuetral site?

Predictions for stac playoffs

Oneonta vs. Vestal

SV vs. Corning

FInals

Vestal vs. SV

Vestal wins by 1

School Wins Losses Ties Points

Vestal 10 1 0 30

Maine-Endwell 6 4 1 19

Union-Endicott 4 7 0 12

Binghamton 0 11 0 0

What happened to the M-E Boys? I thought Riley was what was needed to turn that program around.

School Wins Losses Ties Points

Vestal 10 1 0 30

Maine-Endwell 6 4 1 19

Union-Endicott 4 7 0 12

Binghamton 0 11 0 0

What happened to the M-E Boys? I thought Riley was what was needed to turn that program around.

Riley is too busy focusing on his little u12 GBSA Select girls team. He's in Baltimore with them right now.

Archived