Maine Endwell School Board

Guest Disgusted Taxpayer

Guest Guest

Now it's being discovered that other school districts are in the red as well. Will any district go for the super majority and exceed the tax cap? Could M-E get more than 60%?

The other school districts in trouble just happened to have new superintendents, Bingo and UE. The outgoing ones screwed things up and then got a golden parachute.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Joe Stoner really ruined ME financially and then took his golden parachute into the sunset. He pressured all the teachers to vote in the 70 million in school updates after the vote failed the first time. The schools just keep having elections until they get the results they want. Now the union is crying saying a 60% majority is unfair. The taxpayer who supports you thinks multiple elections until you get wait you want is unfair, unethical, and unjust.

Guest Union Proud

I'm glad the students of voting age think differently than you.

Joe Stoner really ruined ME financially and then took his golden parachute into the sunset. He pressured all the teachers to vote in the 70 million in school updates after the vote failed the first time. The schools just keep having elections until they get the results they want. Now the union is crying saying a 60% majority is unfair. The taxpayer who supports you thinks multiple elections until you get wait you want is unfair, unethical, and unjust.

Guest Guest

The other school districts in trouble just happened to have new superintendents, Bingo and UE. The outgoing ones screwed things up and then got a golden parachute.

Just like CEOs in the real world?!?! LOL!!

Guest Guest

I'm glad the students of voting age think differently than you.

They will only think differently until they get their first school tax bill.

Guest Guest

30 pink slips being handed out next Friday according to memo sent to staff yesterday. The education M-E students will receive will be a shell of what it was.

Guest Guest

Property values will be affected. People USED to wanna move into the M-E district, but now there really isn't any sense? As a taxpayer, teacher, and parent I am very upset. I want my community to have the best schools, that is why I own a home in Endwell. I think the BOE should seriously consider going for the 60% and try to save the integrity of the education provided. Yes, it's a gamble because if it fails and the second vote fails, the school will be gutted(thanks Cuomo), but I don't believe the community would allow it to happen. Say yes to 61%!!

Guest Guest

Property values will be affected. People USED to wanna move into the M-E district, but now there really isn't any sense? As a taxpayer, teacher, and parent I am very upset. I want my community to have the best schools, that is why I own a home in Endwell. I think the BOE should seriously consider going for the 60% and try to save the integrity of the education provided. Yes, it's a gamble because if it fails and the second vote fails, the school will be gutted(thanks Cuomo), but I don't believe the community would allow it to happen. Say yes to 61%!!

You want to know what also affected property values ? Taxes. Now as a teacher and parent you have,I understand,the best of both worlds. You can sell your house in the ME district and move. You can still keep your great job at ME and you still can have your children attend the ME district on the backs of ME tax payers. Odd that you should bring up the integrity of the school system.

Bet you never thought something like this would happen when you asked for that last raise did you.

Guest Guest

30 pink slips being handed out next Friday according to memo sent to staff yesterday. The education M-E students will receive will be a shell of what it was.

The kids will adapt. The system will evolve. Layoffs are necessary. Unions are not.

Guest Guest

30 less hoping and praying for a snow day on a Thursday night via Facebook? 30 less boasting about a 2 hour delay? 30 less groaning about how under appreciated and underpaid they are? All while getting raises every year for a part time gig.

Guest Guest

30 less hoping and praying for a snow day on a Thursday night via Facebook? 30 less boasting about a 2 hour delay? 30 less groaning about how under appreciated and underpaid they are? All while getting raises every year for a part time gig.

Layoffs are a part of the union system. Why fight it.

Guest Guest

You want to know what also affected property values ? Taxes. Now as a teacher and parent you have,I understand,the best of both worlds. You can sell your house in the ME district and move. You can still keep your great job at ME and you still can have your children attend the ME district on the backs of ME tax payers. Odd that you should bring up the integrity of the school system.

Bet you never thought something like this would happen when you asked for that last raise did you.

I agree taxes affect property values but has M-E seen any dramatic drop in population? No. Know why? People want their kids in a good school, and we have people willing to pay for it that buy homes in our community. Those people are gonna decrease in number, so add that to your tax bill!

Our schools are an asset to our community. Take away our good schools and I might as well buy a house in the CF, CV, Owego, etc district and have a nicer house with a comparable education.

Last raise? Blame the BOE! We can ask for anything we want, only the BOE can grant those requests, so don't blame me. Besides, wouldn't you ask for the best for you and your family? We got a 5 year contract! Who in their right mind would have voted yes for that 5 years ago. In addition we pile on a new turf football field and capital project that was extravagant to say the least. New windows, new science rooms, new roof yes! New pool and turf football field? Get a clue!!

The only reason why the tax cap was created is because people don't vote. So to cure the "problem" my yes vote is equal to 2/3 of a no vote. If that stands up in the Supreme Court, I will move to Moscow.

And as far as the best of both worlds? I no longer will have the best of both worlds cuz an M-E education won't be what it used to be, and again I can have a nicer house and send my kids to a comparable school district for less.

People please pay attention to who is on our BOE. Vote for who you think is best, but keep in mind education is a business and we want and need people on the BOE who have all stake holders best interest in mind.

Guest Guest

I agree taxes affect property values but has M-E seen any dramatic drop in population? No. Know why? People want their kids in a good school, and we have people willing to pay for it that buy homes in our community. Those people are gonna decrease in number, so add that to your tax bill!

Our schools are an asset to our community. Take away our good schools and I might as well buy a house in the CF, CV, Owego, etc district and have a nicer house with a comparable education.

Last raise? Blame the BOE! We can ask for anything we want, only the BOE can grant those requests, so don't blame me. Besides, wouldn't you ask for the best for you and your family? We got a 5 year contract! Who in their right mind would have voted yes for that 5 years ago. In addition we pile on a new turf football field and capital project that was extravagant to say the least. New windows, new science rooms, new roof yes! New pool and turf football field? Get a clue!!

The only reason why the tax cap was created is because people don't vote. So to cure the "problem" my yes vote is equal to 2/3 of a no vote. If that stands up in the Supreme Court, I will move to Moscow.

And as far as the best of both worlds? I no longer will have the best of both worlds cuz an M-E education won't be what it used to be, and again I can have a nicer house and send my kids to a comparable school district for less.

People please pay attention to who is on our BOE. Vote for who you think is best, but keep in mind education is a business and we want and need people on the BOE who have all stake holders best interest in mind.

I loved your answer to the raise part. You can ask for anything you want and the BOE was stupid enough to give it to you. I admit you’re right the boards all around have given the teachers everything they wanted for years. That is the real reason for the law and not that no one was voting. I can’t remember the exact year the newest contract started but it was when everything was in decline. The teachers and their union had to see this coming. You got the contract and the district is abiding by it. This is your own fault not the BOEs. Next contract you vote on maybe you will remember that now if they can’t come up with what you demand jobs will be lost. I think you now have your first clue be careful what you ask for you just might get it.

Guest Guest

I loved your answer to the raise part. You can ask for anything you want and the BOE was stupid enough to give it to you. I admit you’re right the boards all around have given the teachers everything they wanted for years. That is the real reason for the law and not that no one was voting. I can’t remember the exact year the newest contract started but it was when everything was in decline. The teachers and their union had to see this coming. You got the contract and the district is abiding by it. This is your own fault not the BOEs. Next contract you vote on maybe you will remember that now if they can’t come up with what you demand jobs will be lost. I think you now have your first clue be careful what you ask for you just might get it.

How is it my fault that the BOE approved a 5 year contract with generous raises every year? Did you think the union membership was gonna say no? If I voted no, I would have been the only one? Please tell me you would vote against a 5 year contract with raises at your job? If you say yes, you are a liar!! I would think that the BOE would carefully consider what they can afford? They could have never known what was really gonna happen over a 5 year period and the surplus we were sitting on was large but not bottomless? BOE members are elected with the idea that the budget and the education of all students would carefully be considered as well as the budget of the taxpayers? The BOE could have been more careful?

Guest Guest

You want to see God laugh? Show him your plans. In fact, we are here now so layoffs are part of the system when finances go wild.

No I don't. Ur an idiot.

Guest Guest

You want to see God laugh? Show him your plans. In fact, we are here now so layoffs are part of the system when finances go wild.

No I don't. Ur an idiot.

Guest Guest

How is it my fault that the BOE approved a 5 year contract with generous raises every year? Did you think the union membership was gonna say no? If I voted no, I would have been the only one? Please tell me you would vote against a 5 year contract with raises at your job? If you say yes, you are a liar!! I would think that the BOE would carefully consider what they can afford? They could have never known what was really gonna happen over a 5 year period and the surplus we were sitting on was large but not bottomless? BOE members are elected with the idea that the budget and the education of all students would carefully be considered as well as the budget of the taxpayers? The BOE could have been more careful?

It is a new world out there for the education system.You can’t be the most costly system in the nation and still preform as badly as you do.The ME system used a very large surplus to ward off what it happening but it is gone now. No one thought that state would stand fast with their education budget and thought they would of increased it like the old days. Still the BOE gave out raises that they couldn’t afford now you will be paying the price. Stop trying to say the higher vote quota for breaching the set limit isn’t fair there a plenty of other laws in force that maintain a higher vote for going out of bounds or important changes. What isn’t fair is your union still expecting raises and the same benefits as you had when everyone else had lost them. Just like the Auto unions you had your way for a long time and now it is coming to an end.

Guest Guest

We will all "pay the price" as our students will not have access to a better education. Surely you can't argue with that. As far as what I expect, I only expect what has been voted on and granted by the BOE. Nothing is "mine" unless your elected BOE members grant it to me.

Guest Guest

We will all "pay the price" as our students will not have access to a better education. Surely you can't argue with that. As far as what I expect, I only expect what has been voted on and granted by the BOE. Nothing is "mine" unless your elected BOE members grant it to me.

Yes everyone will pay a price to some extent,some large and to some it won’t even be noticeable.The larger price will be paid by the lesser time instructors and the students that needed them. You can blame the BOE for being a rubberstamp to the teachers union,but, it has always been that. I have a feeling if your contract was actually voted on,even in a 50% majority vote it would of not passed. No the major blame is on the teachers and their union. They asked for a contract that they knew would be troublesome to afford and at a time when the country state and district was in financial distress. You can place the blame on the BOE or the vote that makes it harder to overcome bypassing the rules,but you know it is really the teachers and the unions greed that caused it. Now you will be saying goodbye to a few of your newest coworkers and you will be getting a larger paycheck because of it for at least one more year.

Guest Guest

Yes everyone will pay a price to some extent,some large and to some it won’t even be noticeable.The larger price will be paid by the lesser time instructors and the students that needed them. You can blame the BOE for being a rubberstamp to the teachers union,but, it has always been that. I have a feeling if your contract was actually voted on,even in a 50% majority vote it would of not passed. No the major blame is on the teachers and their union. They asked for a contract that they knew would be troublesome to afford and at a time when the country state and district was in financial distress. You can place the blame on the BOE or the vote that makes it harder to overcome bypassing the rules,but you know it is really the teachers and the unions greed that caused it. Now you will be saying goodbye to a few of your newest coworkers and you will be getting a larger paycheck because of it for at least one more year.

You just don't get it. The union doesn't get anything that the BOE doesn't give them. Period. Isn't it the BOE responsibility to only pay what they can afford? It seems as though you are ignoring that fact and just wanna blame the teachers for this finicial mess. If someone told me 5 years ago that we better not agree to the current 5 year contract because it would leave the district in ruins and require heavy lay offs, I would never have accepted it, and I believe I would have not been alone. We take what we can get just like anyone else, but to say we took it knowing what it would cause is asinine.

Guest Guest

You just don't get it. The union doesn't get anything that the BOE doesn't give them. Period. Isn't it the BOE responsibility to only pay what they can afford? It seems as though you are ignoring that fact and just wanna blame the teachers for this finicial mess. If someone told me 5 years ago that we better not agree to the current 5 year contract because it would leave the district in ruins and require heavy lay offs, I would never have accepted it, and I believe I would have not been alone. We take what we can get just like anyone else, but to say we took it knowing what it would cause is asinine.

I do realize that the BOE is responsible for the welfare of the district. I also realize that workers and their union want the most they can obtain for their labor. However I also realize that the BOE of a district has historically always been mostly on the teachers side in these negotiations. Just as in the past the state lawmakers has been. You and your union can claim no responsibility for this if you wish but everyone knows the real story. You and you union had to know of the way the economy was in the state/nation and most of all the area that pays you to teach. You decided to take a chance and take the most you possibly could and you and the union got away with it. You took the chance that the economy of all three areas of government would improve and your gambit would pass with out notice. It didn’t. Now you are blaming everyone else. It won’t work.

Guest Guest

I do realize that the BOE is responsible for the welfare of the district. I also realize that workers and their union want the most they can obtain for their labor. However I also realize that the BOE of a district has historically always been mostly on the teachers side in these negotiations. Just as in the past the state lawmakers has been. You and your union can claim no responsibility for this if you wish but everyone knows the real story. You and you union had to know of the way the economy was in the state/nation and most of all the area that pays you to teach. You decided to take a chance and take the most you possibly could and you and the union got away with it. You took the chance that the economy of all three areas of government would improve and your gambit would pass with out notice. It didn’t. Now you are blaming everyone else. It won’t work.

OK your right. 5 years ago I knew that the contract that your elected BOE members approved would destroy the district and many of my colleagues and friends would be laid off. Your correct that I knew the education my own children would receive would greatly suffer for my raises over the last 5 years. Your right, I did it on purpose. I'm sorry. It's my fault, and mine alone.

Archived