Maine Endwell School Board

Guest Disgusted Taxpayer

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Translation: I can't comprehend what I read as well as previous poster's first grader. I said my CHILDREN. I'm a mother. No relation to any teacher. Thanks for playing.

Earthquakes are not premeditated attacks. Not too many people sacrafice their lives to protect children from earthquakes. Try again.

Not too aware of many teachers that sacrifice their lives either.Please realize that most school attacks are made by students any others were made by someone that resented in the way they were treated in the school setting. So in many ways the system and the teachers were the cause of the attacks.Stop playing the we are hero's card.

Guest Guest

Translation: I can't comprehend what I read as well as previous poster's first grader. I said my CHILDREN. I'm a mother. No relation to any teacher. Thanks for playing.

Earthquakes are not premeditated attacks. Not too many people sacrafice their lives to protect children from earthquakes. Try again.

The CHILDREN are running the show from what I've seen.

Spoiled rotten wannabe's who don't quite have the care towards others that you seem to have.

Huh.

Guest Guest

The CHILDREN are running the show from what I've seen.

Spoiled rotten wannabe's who don't quite have the care towards others that you seem to have.

Huh.

please be more specific as to what you have seen in regards to your statements. I think you r a troll.

Guest Guest

We will not be a free people until public schools have been shut down and outlawed.

Stand up for liberty against the evil of tyranny. Join the fight to abolish public schools.

Guest Guest
We will not be a free people until public schools have been shut down and outlawed.

Stand up for liberty against the evil of tyranny. Join the fight to abolish public schools.

Go back to where you came from. America has always provided a free education for its children, just like the one you must have been too good for so your mama and dada sent you to private school?

Guest Guest

The problem is that people think an education is an entitlement like welfare. But education saves tax payers money by teaching kids how to get a job, make a living and go to college. Yes the statistics for the children that come form bad homes is not great, but the small percent that "makes it" saves us more than we could ever even calculate?

Guest Guest

Go back to where you came from. America has always provided a free education for its children, just like the one you must have been too good for so your mama and dada sent you to private school?

There is nothing "free" about public schools. They are funded by theft. The government steals money from us to fund them.

How is that "free"?

Guest Guest
There is nothing "free" about public schools. They are funded by theft. The government steals money from us to fund them.

How is that "free"?

Theft to you equals taxes? Then move to somehwhere where taxes don't exist. And btw, get a life.

Guest Guest

If this is free education what am I writing my check for every year in September?

Your such an idiot, I feel bad for you. It's free for the kids you loser.

Guest guest

Bottom Line- I have done factory work,delivery work, office work, mailroom, etc. I have been successful at all of these. Now I teach, and I know the majority of the people that I have worked with and for could not handle it. I don't like my tax bill any more than the rest of you, but the way M-E is demolishing their district is disturbing.

Guest Guest

If this is free education what am I writing my check for every year in September?

When they say free they mean for the people getting it. It is free to them with little exception. The they grow up and it is no longer free it is a bill you must pay every year. One thing they didn’t think of is the ones that leave to find a job,they never pay the bill back to this area. Smart kids it is our biggest export.

Guest Guest

Bottom Line- I have done factory work,delivery work, office work, mailroom, etc. I have been successful at all of these. Now I teach, and I know the majority of the people that I have worked with and for could not handle it. I don't like my tax bill any more than the rest of you, but the way M-E is demolishing their district is disturbing.

I don’t understand you had 4 different jobs and then went into teaching? Then you say you don’t think the people that worked at any of your previous places of employment could handle teaching? How do you feel you were successful at all the previous jobs when you left all of them? My summer jobs while I was working my way through college weren’t as extensive as that.

Guest guest

My summer and during college jobs were that extensive. Because I was successful, I was able to complete college, get a Masters, start teaching. None of which is relevent to the narrowminded gripers on this forum who think they could walk in to that cupcake teaching job and be successful, when in reality they don't even interact with their own kids more than 1/2 hour a day. I wish that schools were funded more fairly by an income tax instead of just property owners, but it is a little silly for there to now be 600+ comments and 31 pages that make teachers out to be the enemy when in many cases they are the best thing that has ever happened to your or somebody else's child.

Guest guest

I don’t understand you had 4 different jobs and then went into teaching? Then you say you don’t think the people that worked at any of your previous places of employment could handle teaching? How do you feel you were successful at all the previous jobs when you left all of them? My summer jobs while I was working my way through college weren’t as extensive as that.

In my youth, I also worked those types of jobs. No disrespect intended. Those types of employment are honorable and necessary. But just like the previous poster, I am of the opinion that my earlier co-workers couldn't last one day in a classroom of sixth (or whatever) graders. Perhaps a few of them might have surprised me, but as a rule..... no.

Are taxes too high? A resounding yes! Are teachers overpaid? A good teacher is worth their weight in gold. Are teachers given too many benefits? Remember, society needs to attract the best to go into the classrooms. Are there some god-awful teachers in our schools? Yes.... just as there are inferior surgeons, lawyers, and presidents.

I am not saying we, as taxpayers, should blindly vote "yes" for every budget. But remember that the current system of school finance is deeply flawed. And it seems to me that many people are projecting their legitimate frustration onto teachers who are unfairly characterized as "greedy".

If you think teachers are underworked and overpaid, get your name on some schools' substitute teacher lists and give it a try. I'd bet that you would come away with a slightly different opinion.

Guest Guest

In my youth, I also worked those types of jobs. No disrespect intended. Those types of employment are honorable and necessary. But just like the previous poster, I am of the opinion that my earlier co-workers couldn't last one day in a classroom of sixth (or whatever) graders. Perhaps a few of them might have surprised me, but as a rule..... no.

Are taxes too high? A resounding yes! Are teachers overpaid? A good teacher is worth their weight in gold. Are teachers given too many benefits? Remember, society needs to attract the best to go into the classrooms. Are there some god-awful teachers in our schools? Yes.... just as there are inferior surgeons, lawyers, and presidents.

I am not saying we, as taxpayers, should blindly vote "yes" for every budget. But remember that the current system of school finance is deeply flawed. And it seems to me that many people are projecting their legitimate frustration onto teachers who are unfairly characterized as "greedy".

If you think teachers are underworked and overpaid, get your name on some schools' substitute teacher lists and give it a try. I'd bet that you would come away with a slightly different opinion.

I love you.

Guest Guest

Just stay under the cap.

I think it's immoral even to think of asking seniors to pay another $130 a year to pad your high salaries for a part time job and big pensions and benefits.

Guest Guest

My summer and during college jobs were that extensive. Because I was successful, I was able to complete college, get a Masters, start teaching. None of which is relevent to the narrowminded gripers on this forum who think they could walk in to that cupcake teaching job and be successful, when in reality they don't even interact with their own kids more than 1/2 hour a day. I wish that schools were funded more fairly by an income tax instead of just property owners, but it is a little silly for there to now be 600+ comments and 31 pages that make teachers out to be the enemy when in many cases they are the best thing that has ever happened to your or somebody else's child.

Really? Like Jerry Sandusky.

Guest Guest

I guess you don’t see what I meant. Like you I had these types of summer jobs while working my way through college.Also like you I don’t believe the people I worked with could handle the job I now do. Unlike you I understood I was working a job at the time that was very low level and with small chance of advancement. After completing a 4 year degree is that what you compare yourself to? I’m a teacher now and I’m sure that I a better than the lowest level factory or mail room worker?

A good teacher isn’t worth their weight in gold,they are worth a living wage. They are no better than the people that you spent working a summer with they are just more highly educated.

Guest ghost of X-mas future

Son, I too worked tough jobs but now I'm doing pretty well myself. The difference b/n us is that I'd be ashamed to stand up and brow beat those making far less than me (or on fixed incomes) and ask them to give a little more each year. More so seeing how they did nothing to cause this trainwreck. You wish school taxes were based more on actual income than on property value? On the shallow surface, in Worker's Eutopia-ville, that might sound good until you realize more of us will just move to a state w/o state income tax. So no, more access to more money is not the answer for these rudderless schools.

Guest Guest

Son, I too worked tough jobs but now I'm doing pretty well myself. The difference b/n us is that I'd be ashamed to stand up and brow beat those making far less than me (or on fixed incomes) and ask them to give a little more each year. More so seeing how they did nothing to cause this trainwreck. You wish school taxes were based more on actual income than on property value? On the shallow surface, in Worker's Eutopia-ville, that might sound good until you realize more of us will just move to a state w/o state income tax. So no, more access to more money is not the answer for these rudderless schools.

The income tax may be a little fairer but the tax on the home works much better. You can leave and not pay your income tax but the same isn’t true for the tax on your home unless it is on wheels.I don’t think most people would feel so taken by this tax were it not the highest in the nation.Maybe they should try and fix that problem.

Guest Guest

There is only one solution to this problem: abolish all public schools, and institute a real American system. A real American system would be one that is run by churches and the free market.

Problem solved.

Guest Guest

There is only one solution to this problem: abolish all public schools, and institute a real American system. A real American system would be one that is run by churches and the free market.

Problem solved.

Well that would solve the problem except what do you do with all the public schools we have now? You know the teachers and the students that attend them.Remember these were all paid for with public money and some still have huge loans on them.There will always be classes that need to be finished.

Guest Guest

Well that would solve the problem except what do you do with all the public schools we have now? You know the teachers and the students that attend them.Remember these were all paid for with public money and some still have huge loans on them.There will always be classes that need to be finished.

What we do with all the public schools we have now is shut them down forever. Let the teachers find real jobs in the private sector. Once we get both the government and unions out of education, everything will be fine.

Archived