Maine Endwell School Board

Guest Disgusted Taxpayer

Guest Guest

I wish I could afford a 4 bedroom house with 2.5 baths, 2 car attached garage and a nice yard. But I'm thankful my kids go to a great school. Till June.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

$3000-$4000. So a 2% increase is $60-$80 bucks! $5-$7 a month.

That's under the cap and keep it that way. There's a lot of people on fixed incomes that are struggling to pay school taxes allready.

Guest Guest

Well a 2% increase will probably pass.I won't be happy with it what if my BMW needs some work.

Guest Guest

Well a 2% increase will probably pass.I won't be happy with it what if my BMW needs some work.

From what it said on the budget a 1% increase gives and extra 209k so 2 is about 418k.

Guest Guest

Well you know those beamers, they always need work! Shoulda gone merc.

Guest Guest

According to a local news report, the tax levy max for M-E is 5.94% to stay under the cap.

Your example is $178.20 to $237.60 per month. Some think exceeding that is ok.

Guest Guest

According to a local news report, the tax levy max for M-E is 5.94% to stay under the cap.

Your example is $178.20 to $237.60 per month. Some think exceeding that is ok.

That would be per year.

Guest Guest

$180 to $240 per year more on top of what is already being paid is a lot of money especially for a senior citizen. Those on welfare or rent don't care.

Guest Guest

$180 to $240 per year more on top of what is already being paid is a lot of money especially for a senior citizen. Those on welfare or rent don't care.

I'm not for raising taxes, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the elderly "fixed income" crowd. In many cases, they have better retirement benefits than my generation will ever see, plus they will never feel the full brunt of the tax increase thanks to STAR exemptions. http://www.tax.ny.go.../star/index.htm

The pain of any property/school tax increase is felt most by the non-fixed income middle-age property owners. So stop banging your canes and get off my lawn.

Guest Guest

You have no respect for the seniors. You must be a teacher.

You mean respect for the 200+ retired M-E employees that get health care completely free at the cost of the district, or the ones on medicare that don't get hit as hard when medical benefits increase 7+% every year?

Or maybe I should feel bad for the fact that Americans 65 and older are nearly 50 times wealthier that those under 35. http://money.cnn.com...p_age/index.htm

You missed my point about this. Everyone cries about the seniors when it comes to increases and I'm saying that my generation is getting screwed much harder when it comes to tax increases and cost of living increases. The seniors have built a comfy bed for themselves and left multiple generations of debt to my generation, my kids' generation and the generations coming behind them.

Guest Guest

I'm not for raising taxes, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the elderly "fixed income" crowd. In many cases, they have better retirement benefits than my generation will ever see, plus they will never feel the full brunt of the tax increase thanks to STAR exemptions. http://www.tax.ny.go.../star/index.htm

The pain of any property/school tax increase is felt most by the non-fixed income middle-age property owners. So stop banging your canes and get off my lawn.

In many cases they have better retirement benefits than you'll ever see??

Your sweeping generalization could not be more wrong.

In the last 2 decades, millions have spent their prime working years with the promise of a decent retirement only to have it gone in their late 40's and 50's.

Fast forward 2 decades and you believe these millions are living large?

You are a pompous little shit who knows nothing.

Guest Guest

In many cases they have better retirement benefits than you'll ever see??

Your sweeping generalization could not be more wrong.

In the last 2 decades, millions have spent their prime working years with the promise of a decent retirement only to have it gone in their late 40's and 50's.

Fast forward 2 decades and you believe these millions are living large?

You are a pompous little shit who knows nothing.

Yes, and those in their prime working years right now are going to have such a tremendously better retirement than those that have already retired. Awesome benefits and retirement packages are just around the corner for us. Companies are going to start paying larger percentages of health insurance for their employees and double matching 401K contributions - it will be a windfall the likes of which no generation before has ever seen! College costs are on the decline for my kids and current college students are graduating with the lowest amount of debt in history! It's a frickin' miracle!

Yes the last 4-5 years has been horrendous, and if you're 40-60, you really got the crap kicked out of you with a 40% loss of wealth. But I'm not talking about that age group. 65+, my friend, not all, but most, are enjoying a much better retirement than those who will follow, and the current policies and programs favor them. We're on the downside of the curve I'm not saying seniors are living large right now, but they are living larger than the average retiree will be 20 years from now, who may not be able to retire until 75. The unwritten rule of leave the world better than you found it has been broken by the front edge of the baby boomer generation. The next generations will struggle in their wake. It will take decades to recover from the problems that have been kicked down the road.

I know nothing, really? If it sucks for retirees now... you ain't seen nothing yet.

Guest Guest

Yes, and those in their prime working years right now are going to have such a tremendously better retirement than those that have already retired. Awesome benefits and retirement packages are just around the corner for us. Companies are going to start paying larger percentages of health insurance for their employees and double matching 401K contributions - it will be a windfall the likes of which no generation before has ever seen! College costs are on the decline for my kids and current college students are graduating with the lowest amount of debt in history! It's a frickin' miracle!

Yes the last 4-5 years has been horrendous, and if you're 40-60, you really got the crap kicked out of you with a 40% loss of wealth. But I'm not talking about that age group. 65+, my friend, not all, but most, are enjoying a much better retirement than those who will follow, and the current policies and programs favor them. We're on the downside of the curve I'm not saying seniors are living large right now, but they are living larger than the average retiree will be 20 years from now, who may not be able to retire until 75. The unwritten rule of leave the world better than you found it has been broken by the front edge of the baby boomer generation. The next generations will struggle in their wake. It will take decades to recover from the problems that have been kicked down the road.

I know nothing, really? If it sucks for retirees now... you ain't seen nothing yet.

The baby boom encompasses those born between 1946 to 1964. That would be those who are currently 49 to 67.

You stated your rant was for those 65+, my friend.

So yes, you know nothing.

Guest Guest

Let's cut through all the BS going on here and get to the real question.

By NYS law, every school district must undergo an External Audit, at the end of every school year. This audit is done by an independent audit firm. The auditor/s then release a report outlining the district's financial status.

Who prepared the report? What does it say? Were there recommendations? If yes, were they followed. If not, why not?

You need to get a copy of the report. Demand a copy of the report. DO NOT accept any excuses. Do not accept any excuses that it was a new audit firm and they had trouble...

Get the last 2 reports. Read them. Find out what went wrong. Take it from there.

Guest Guest

The baby boom encompasses those born between 1946 to 1964. That would be those who are currently 49 to 67.

You stated your rant was for those 65+, my friend.

So yes, you know nothing.

Really does this have anything to do with the subject of the thread? If you are in the stated age group and were a teacher you either are or could have a great retirement. If you are in that age group and were not a teacher you might have a retirement but not as good or defined.

Guest Guest

You mean respect for the 200+ retired M-E employees that get health care completely free at the cost of the district, or the ones on medicare that don't get hit as hard when medical benefits increase 7+% every year?

The number of retired teachers on M-E health plan is well over 320.

Guest Guest

And how many of those ME retirees, with full pensions & health insurance, are back on the payroll as substitute teachers????

With the deficit fueled layoffs & program cutbacks, those who are, as well as those complicit school stooges who call them in, should be ashamed of themselves. But that won't happen when the "I Got Mine" mentality is so pervasive in the arrogant entitlement world of academia.

Guest Guest
...But that won't happen when the "I Got Mine" mentality is so pervasive in the arrogant entitlement world of academia.

And that mentality doesn't exist in your profession? Especially you. You are so jealous of teachers it's comical. Couldn't you get a college degree? Why? Not smart enough? Or maybe you decided to get a degree in accounting or psychology and you have a boring low paying job? Lol I feel bad for you. Your attitude isn't healthy

Guest guest

Why did ME make all the renovations if they could not afford it. Now they are cutting teachers. Something seems very wrong. I heard a bunch of the teachers received their notice of their layoffs. Any one know how many for sure?

Guest Guest

Really does this have anything to do with the subject of the thread? If you are in the stated age group and were a teacher you either are or could have a great retirement. If you are in that age group and were not a teacher you might have a retirement but not as good or defined.

Benefits and comparison is not part of the thread?

F off thread police.

Archived