Maine Endwell School Board

Guest Disgusted Taxpayer

Guest Guest

They must be reading the same union literature.

They go into it for a reason. No one takes an unpaid post that takes time out of their personal life without a motive. I think the same amount of board members do it for the betterment of the district as I think that teachers go into that for the love the the children and to make the community a better place. Very few.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

They go into it for a reason. No one takes an unpaid post that takes time out of their personal life without a motive. I think the same amount of board members do it for the betterment of the district as I think that teachers go into that for the love the the children and to make the community a better place. Very few.

Then run for the school board. What is so hard about that? Go get the petition, get a few friends to sign it and run. It is not that difficult.

Stop whining and do something.

Guest Guest

The board runs from a pool of people made up of you.

The board is elected by you.

You like to rant about teacher wages and benefits, what do you think they should be? Give a number.

Guest Guest

Then run for the school board. What is so hard about that? Go get the petition, get a few friends to sign it and run. It is not that difficult.

Stop whining and do something.

Not hard at all if you have the desire to do it. How many not only have the time but the desire to do it though.Why would I take my time to get enough people to want me on the board? The only reason I would have is to make sure that the union never got another raise in my tenure. That isn’t a good reason it is just vindictive. That is just as good a reason as making sure that a friend or family member gets a raise or hired though I suppose.

Guest Guest

The board runs from a pool of people made up of you.

The board is elected by you.

You like to rant about teacher wages and benefits, what do you think they should be? Give a number.

Teachers wages should be livable. They also should be set on what the job requires. Benefits should be what the people that are paying for them can afford.

Since I couldn’t change the state set requirements for the job,I would set a minimum and a maximum that the pay could scale to. I would also set the raises given to a relation of the quality of job done. The starting pay currently is adequate. The top of the payscale it too high and only goes there with years of service. The retirement and other benefits has to be set at the state level.

Guest Guest

Not hard at all if you have the desire to do it. How many not only have the time but the desire to do it though.Why would I take my time to get enough people to want me on the board? The only reason I would have is to make sure that the union never got another raise in my tenure. That isn’t a good reason it is just vindictive. That is just as good a reason as making sure that a friend or family member gets a raise or hired though I suppose.

See, that is the problem. Excuses. Nothing but excuses. All of you complainers are full of excuses.

Cut out TV and you will have more than enough time. Who cares about dancing with the stars or the Ellen show. You will be a better person for doing it.

Guest Guest

See, that is the problem. Excuses. Nothing but excuses. All of you complainers are full of excuses.

Cut out TV and you will have more than enough time. Who cares about dancing with the stars or the Ellen show. You will be a better person for doing it.

So how long have you served on the board and why did you run?

Guest Guest

One member of a school board could never cut spending. He/she would just be bullied in one form or another by the other members of the board, the administration and the union.

Thus we have a cap. Stay under it.

Guest Guest

One member of a school board could never cut spending. He/she would just be bullied in one form or another by the other members of the board, the administration and the union.

Thus we have a cap. Stay under it.

It has come to the time where if they stay under the cap there will be more and more layoffs every year until the district can not continue to do it’s job. About now it will take just the cap to run the school with no further raises in costs. We know that isn’t about to happen.

Guest Guest

I'm the orginal person of the above post. I would like to correct one item. When the school district has a budget to vote on and they do not have a simple 50% majority, the school district can have another election on the same budget to try twice to obtain a simple majority...crazy right? I hope this error on my part does not take away from my point in the above post.

and then a contingency plan. If you had a strong community, you wouldnt vote... problem is, people have agendas... most parents will vote yes, because they have a child in school... most that vote no have no children in school or no longer have children in school... parents want a free education for their kids, and essentially, that is what they are getting... 5k a year avg... go to a private school and see the difference in price... parents are profiting off not sending their kids to private schools...

Guest Shellie Silver

It has come to the time where if they stay under the cap there will be more and more layoffs every year until the district can not continue to do it’s job. About now it will take just the cap to run the school with no further raises in costs. We know that isn’t about to happen.

That is up to the Union isn't it. The Union can choose to forgoe the raises and keep some of their fellow Union teachers employed.

Guest Guest

That is up to the Union isn't it. The Union can choose to forgoe the raises and keep some of their fellow Union teachers employed.

All unions must be abolished. They are incompatible with freedom, and with American values and ideals.

Guest Guest

All unions must be abolished. They are incompatible with freedom, and with American values and ideals.

Guest Guest

Abolishing unions is a great idea.

Less wages

Less money for healthcare.

No pension ... no pension spending

I don't know what you antiunion people do but is there any chance you need customers with money, directly or down the line.

I get it, less money for everybody else but you will make a lot.

The 10% seem to agree with you but for how long.

Guest Guest

Abolishing unions is a great idea.

Less wages

Less money for healthcare.

No pension ... no pension spending

I don't know what you antiunion people do but is there any chance you need customers with money, directly or down the line.

I get it, less money for everybody else but you will make a lot.

The 10% seem to agree with you but for how long.

There is one poster saying to abolish the union and he says that to about any post on most anything. Most people don’t like the way the teachers union went about things but that is mostly over now.

They did prove with the last contract vote that it is all about the money though. They care little about the many union members that will be losing their jobs soon. They may claim they are all for the way the students are educated but it all boils down to the amount of money and the benefits that they receive.

Guest Guest

How about school vouchers? I would take my dollars elsewhere if given a choice. These school administrators and teachers are killing us with their outrageous pay and benefits (just like our JC firefighters) and continue to provide a marginal student.

If schools had to operate like a business, we would see lees fluff and more substance.

Guest Guest

Correct. The tax cap results in less fluff and more substance.

wait till ur little Johnny doesn't get anymore extra help with his math or reading. Enjoy the substance and miss the fluff.

Guest Guest

wait till ur little Johnny doesn't get anymore extra help with his math or reading. Enjoy the substance and miss the fluff.

Maybe they’ll just have to add some extra time so little Johnny gets it then,teachers are always glad to take the extra time to help a student in need. They told me so.

Archived