Maine Endwell School Board

Guest Disgusted Taxpayer

Guest Guest

DumbA** the "rule of law" aka tax cap is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! That's why this wont stick. Also, I enjoyed a previous post that me filmed that the rights of the minority are affected? WHAT ABOIT THE MAJORITY?!?!? Nuff said.

Tax caps are law in many states.Have no idea what the rights of the minority have to do with this.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

DumbA** the "rule of law" aka tax cap is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! That's why this wont stick. Also, I enjoyed a previous post that me filmed that the rights of the minority are affected? WHAT ABOIT THE MAJORITY?!?!? Nuff said.

The majority thinks this system is broken and needs to be fixed. What's your point?

Guest Guest

The majority thinks this system is broken and needs to be fixed. What's your point?

I believe they want to go back to the fair way where they could scare the parents into voting for what ever they said they needed. That way even if the voter was really mad the best they could do was pay a little bit less of a raise in tax even if they did vote the budget down.

Guest Guest

They are full of it. Technically the schools can go over the 2% cap by a couple of percentage points because some items are not figured into the cap. The school tax cap provides for plenty of money. They just want a HUGE tax increase because they are so greedy. They are trying to scare the parents again.

Stay under the cap.

This area is losing population and has an unemployment rate over 10%.

Guest Guest

Then why did school budgets pass almost every single time in Broome County before the tax cap was in effect??

Guest Guest

Then why did school budgets pass almost every single time in Broome County before the tax cap was in effect??

Must be the majority has changed from the way they used to think. Maybe now the board and the union should.

Guest Guest

Layoffs happened last week

Not quite. Layoffs are effective at the end of the school year, except for the 9 that happened midyear. Those affected were informed, but nothing is final until the budget is approved by the board. Also, not 80 layoffs, more than a third are retirements that are not being replaced.

Guest Guest

Not quite. Layoffs are effective at the end of the school year, except for the 9 that happened midyear. Those affected were informed, but nothing is final until the budget is approved by the board. Also, not 80 layoffs, more than a third are retirements that are not being replaced.

True what I should of said was getting rid of that number of positions. It seems that might of been the reason for holding out so long before doing anything. It gave a bunch of teachers time to get in the position to retire.

Guest Guest

True what I should of said was getting rid of that number of positions. It seems that might of been the reason for holding out so long before doing anything. It gave a bunch of teachers time to get in the position to retire.

At the expense of those "children" they care so much about.

The deterioration continues.

Guest Guest

They saved the teachers retirement and kept the ones that are being laid off at work for a while longer. Of course they used the funds that they built up by overcharging the district taxpayers and did ask for large increases in pay to further line those same retirees future paychecks. No doubt about it was a game they played well against the voter and taxpayer.

Guest Guest

I don't see how this is a bad thing. If they hadnt waited the people being laid off today would have been laid off 1,2 even 3 years ago. How's that better? Also, if they hadnt waited longer, more people would have been laid off because those lay offs wouldn't have been off set by the current retirements?

Some people on here just wanna be negative at any cost. I truly feel bad for people who have to spew hatred towards schools and teachers. It is apparent to me that the hatred is born out of jealousy. In reality, your school tax bill might go up $50 a year? Maybe $100 if you live in a mansion? That's $5-$9 a month? Wow, let's add 80 people to the unemployment line for less than the cost of a coke a day from the vending machine? Really?

Guest Guest

In reality, your school tax bill might go up $50 a year? Maybe $100 if you live in a mansion? That's $5-$9 a month? Wow, let's add 80 people to the unemployment line for less than the cost of a coke a day from the vending machine? Really?

Would you also extend that offer to the all the other businesses in Broome County that have fallen on bad times? Or is it just the school districts?

I didn't think so....

Guest Guest

I don't see how this is a bad thing. If they hadnt waited the people being laid off today would have been laid off 1,2 even 3 years ago. How's that better? Also, if they hadnt waited longer, more people would have been laid off because those lay offs wouldn't have been off set by the current retirements?

Some people on here just wanna be negative at any cost. I truly feel bad for people who have to spew hatred towards schools and teachers. It is apparent to me that the hatred is born out of jealousy. In reality, your school tax bill might go up $50 a year? Maybe $100 if you live in a mansion? That's $5-$9 a month? Wow, let's add 80 people to the unemployment line for less than the cost of a coke a day from the vending machine? Really?

You’re correct and the only flaw I could see in their plan was asking to boost the retirements by adding the raises over that time. If the raises weren’t included the number laid off probably would have been quite a bit lower. Of course there still is the question n how they built up such a large reserve fund to start with and why.

Guest Guest

Would you also extend that offer to the all the other businesses in Broome County that have fallen on bad times? Or is it just the school districts?

I didn't think so....

Exactly!!!

Guest Guest

What makes you think it would only go up by that amount? That would mean my taxes would go up around 2.4% of what they are now. That is at an increase of 100 and I don’t live in a mansion.Pretty sure an increase of 100 wouldn’t make up for a 4 million dollar deficit.

Guest Guest

What makes you think it would only go up by that amount? That would mean my taxes would go up around 2.4% of what they are now. That is at an increase of 100 and I don’t live in a mansion.Pretty sure an increase of 100 wouldn’t make up for a 4 million dollar deficit.

How many bedrooms? Baths? Acres? I'm gonna guess 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and either a large/double city lot or 2-3 acres out in Maine? You see, rich people with their BMW car payments and such have no sense of what it's like to live in a low middle class neighborhood driving older used cars etc. Go buy two cokes.

Guest Guest

The people that pay no taxes but vote for the school budgets don't care how much it goes up.

Just stay under the cap. It's still an increase. But you want even more? I get it.

Guest Guest

How many bedrooms? Baths? Acres? I'm gonna guess 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and either a large/double city lot or 2-3 acres out in Maine? You see, rich people with their BMW car payments and such have no sense of what it's like to live in a low middle class neighborhood driving older used cars etc. Go buy two cokes.

Excuse me with the house you quote in your post exactly how much a year do you believe school tax is?

Guest Guest

Well your wrong why would you leave a bed room without a bath?You also have to have at least a half bath off the rec room and kitchen area. Plus I don’t have a payment on my car and it isn’t a BMW the dealer here isn’t good.

Guest Guest
Excuse me with the house you quote in your post exactly how much a year do you believe school tax is?

$3000-$4000. So a 2% increase is $60-$80 bucks! $5-$7 a month.

Archived