Even ONE reason to vote for Doug Drazen?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

How could a State Supreme Court Justice, and then 5 justices of New York's second highest court, not recognize the arguments of an "escaped mental patient" in the Binghamton term limits case, especially when there were "seasoned", "serious", "real" attorneys arguing against the "escaped mental patient"?

The simplest and most likely explanation is that your descriptions and accounts are deliberately dishonest.

By taking away the power of unlimited incumbency, term limits diminishes concentration of power in political machines, diminishes corruption, and returns the power of choice to voters. In 2013, let that power be used to make a real change at City Hall; a change in philosophy, not just another change of faces. All hail term limits.

http://drazenformayor.com/

That's all you got? A loan and term limits? If that's all you have to offer Drazen is done.

All hail? Nobody, I mean nobody is saluting Doug Drazen for anything. Term limits is not an election issue no matter how you spin it.

Who says "all Hail"? Very strange. Very weird. Very bizarre.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

That's all you got? A loan and term limits? If that's all you have to offer Drazen is done.

All hail? Nobody, I mean nobody is saluting Doug Drazen for anything. Term limits is not an election issue no matter how you spin it.

Who says "all Hail"? Very strange. Very weird. Very bizarre.

Term limits made this upcoming incumbent-free election for mayor of Binghamton possible. Very simple. Very straightforward. Very historic in Binghamton.

Guest Guest

How could a State Supreme Court Justice, and then 5 justices of New York's second highest court, not recognize the arguments of a "crazy" man in the Binghamton term limits case, especially when there were "seasoned", "serious", "real" attorneys arguing against the "crazy" man?

The simplest and most likely explanation is that your descriptions and accounts are deliberately dishonest.

By taking away the power of unlimited incumbency, term limits diminishes concentration of power in political machines, diminishes corruption, and returns the power of choice to voters. In 2013, let that power be used to make a real change at City Hall; a change in philosophy, not just another change of faces. All hail term limits.

Guest Guest

Benjamin Sells spoke to an audience of lawyers reporting the facts about depression and mental health problems in the legal profession during which he told them:

• ''One in four lawyers suffer from elevated feelings of psychological distress. Highest on the list of complaints are interpersonal feelings of inadequacy and inferiority, followed closely by anxiety, social alienation, isolation, and depression.
  • Out of 105 occupations surveyed, lawyers rank first in experiencing depression.
  • Among male lawyers, 28 percent said they were dissatisfied with their work while 41 percent of female lawyers said they were dissatisfied — both numbers are roughly double since those reported in 1984.
  • A disproportionate number of lawyers commit suicide, often at an age when they would be expected to be most socially productive.
  • Substance abuse is a factor in up to 80 percent of all disciplinary complaints.''1

Guest Guest

Benjamin Sells spoke to an audience of lawyers reporting the facts about depression and mental health problems in the legal profession during which he told them:

• ''One in four lawyers suffer from elevated feelings of psychological distress. Highest on the list of complaints are interpersonal feelings of inadequacy and inferiority, followed closely by anxiety, social alienation, isolation, and depression.
  • Out of 105 occupations surveyed, lawyers rank first in experiencing depression.
  • Among male lawyers, 28 percent said they were dissatisfied with their work while 41 percent of female lawyers said they were dissatisfied — both numbers are roughly double since those reported in 1984.
  • A disproportionate number of lawyers commit suicide, often at an age when they would be expected to be most socially productive.
  • Substance abuse is a factor in up to 80 percent of all disciplinary complaints.''1

It doesn't seem possible that a State Supreme Court Justice, and then 5 justices of New York's second highest court, could not instantly recognize the arguments a "crazy" man in the Binghamton term limits case, especially when there were "seasoned", "serious", "real" attorneys arguing against the "crazy" man.

Were those judges all "crazy" too? That doesn't seem possible either.

Guest Guest

Obsessive-compulsive disorder

Obsessive-compulsive neurosis; OCD

Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (all hail obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (running for mayor,compulsions).

Often the person carries out the behaviors to get rid of the obsessive thoughts (ex. "I invented term limits"), but this only provides temporary relief. Not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety. Get busy Walter.

Guest Guest

7334_307938795054_242156120054_9235761_5353150_n-300x199.jpg

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

I'm singing in the rain

Just singing in the rain

What a glorious feelin'

I'm happy again

I'm laughing at clouds

So dark up above

The sun's in my heart

And I'm ready for love

Let the stormy clouds chase

Everyone from the place

Come on with the rain

I've a smile on my face

I walk down the lane

With a happy refrain

Just singin',

Singin' in the rain

Guest Guest

Disordered individuals don't win cases in State Supreme Court, or in the Appellate Division, and judges in those courts don't get fooled by disordered individuals.

Guest Guest

Disordered individuals don't win cases in State Supreme Court, or in the Appellate Division, and judges in those courts don't get fooled by disordered individuals.

Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (all hail obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (running for mayor,compulsions).

Often the person carries out the behaviors to get rid of the obsessive thoughts (ex. "I invented term limits"), but this only provides temporary relief. Not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety. Get busy Walter.

Guest Guest

Drazen knows city hall and knows how to run efficient Government, and far as the his fathers building is concerned it wasnt him who had the power over it was Stan his father was the owner of the building, helloe moderator your out touch with the times

The factually unencumbered, selectively perceptive Drazenites strike again.

Guest Guest

Winning the term limits case did not "invent" term limits. It made term limits in Binghamton possible, and it does not seem possible that could have happened if State Supreme Court, and then, New York's second highest appellate court, were presented with arguments in favor of term limits by someone mentally defective.

So, there is seemingly no explanation for repetitive, non-responsive, ad hominem posts suggesting that it did happen, other than deliberate dishonesty.

Guest Guest

The question was, is there "Even ONE reason to vote for Doug Drazen?" It was answered; the victory in the term limits case, making Binghamton's 2013 mayoral race incumbent-free.

Accusations of mental defectiveness reminiscent of those made by city officials in the late 1990's denying Binghamton had a problem with gang and sex offender activity, were made in response.

Given the circumstances of the term limits case - one State Supreme Court Justice and five of five Appellate Division Justices ruled in favor - the simplest and by far most likely explanation, is that the accusations are deliberately dishonest.

Guest Guest

Plain for all to see. There is no reason for Drazen. He has bats in the belfries.

So plain for all, except apparently that State Supreme Court Justice, and then, 5 of 5 justices of New York's second highest court. That seems a little batty. The simplest and by far most likely explanation is that the description is deliberately dishonest.

Guest Guest

So plain for all, except apparently that State Supreme Court Justice, and then, 5 of 5 justices of New York's second highest court. That seems a little batty. The simplest and by far most likely explanation is that the description is deliberately dishonest.

I will not vote for you based on an argument being made all over the state at the time. Your not that special. Do something constructive with the court documents... fill a pothole with them.

There are many politicians in New York with no term limits. Do you accept the blame?

People are characterizing you as a bit odd in this forum. Why are you helping?

Guest Guest

I would like someone to pull back the articles in PSB after Doogie lost the 1st time to Ryan, and slammed all City inhabitants, as I recall, there was mention of "drinking koolaid", or something of that nature.

I, as a normal (albeit disgusted) taxpayer, refuse to spend my time or money on searching for it, BUT...it would behoove someone to.

Guest Guest

I would like someone to pull back the articles in PSB after Doogie lost the 1st time to Ryan, and slammed all City inhabitants, as I recall, there was mention of "drinking koolaid", or something of that nature.

I, as a normal (albeit disgusted) taxpayer, refuse to spend my time or money on searching for it, BUT...it would behoove someone to.

I forgot about that. He had a "Ryan Style" public tantrum. I'll get my Bloodhound on it.

Guest Guest

I will not vote for you based on an argument being made all over the state at the time. Your not that special. Do something constructive with the court documents... fill a pothole with them.

There are many politicians in New York with no term limits. Do you accept the blame?

People are characterizing you as a bit odd in this forum. Why are you helping?

The argument for term limits won in Binghamton. It fundamentally changed the way city government works, the way political parties had to operate in the city, and made this year's mayoral election incumbent free. The beneficiaries of the old way, and their conformist flunkies have been very, very angry; spewing insults ever since.

Guest Guest

The argument for term limits won in Binghamton. It fundamentally changed the way city government works, the way political parties had to operate in the city, and made this year's mayoral election incumbent free. The beneficiaries of the old way, and their conformist flunkies have been very, very angry; spewing insults ever since.

Absolute nonsense.

Archived