Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

the policy they had was real bad must be, didn't cover anything or little at all. my guess is they had only a supplement policy and not a full coverage policy. Or they were simply misquoted one way or another.O

He has to pay $10,000 more. That is what matters.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama bashers are having a field day. But I have a question. All these stories of people having to pay more, $10,000 more in some cases, what coverage did they have before? And what did it cost?

I am worried that people with preexisting conditions that were not previously covered are the ones getting slammed, but what would they pay if they didn't have coverage? The costs for some preexisting conditions can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars? $10,000 a year ain't too bad then is it? Also, people like me who pay 100% for their health care, might see a dip in premiums because I don't have to make up for the terminal patient that won't pay a dime for their care when their untimely demise comes?

Bottom line is, people not currently paying their fair share are gonna pay more? And those who don't require as much care will pay less? I pay $17,000 a year for health care for my family, and we don't come anywhere near $17,000 in cost to our insurance provider, year after year. Now I know, god forbid, my family could hit a catastrophe and need hundreds of thousands of dollars of care, but what about the guy who has no coverage? What does he currently pay for the same catastrophic event? Nothing?

Obama bashers are having a field day. But I have a question. All these stories of people having to pay more, $10,000 more in some cases, what coverage did they have before? And what did it cost?

I am worried that people with preexisting conditions that were not previously covered are the ones getting slammed, but what would they pay if they didn't have coverage? The costs for some preexisting conditions can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars? $10,000 a year ain't too bad then is it? Also, people like me who pay 100% for their health care, might see a dip in premiums because I don't have to make up for the terminal patient that won't pay a dime for their care when their untimely demise comes?

Bottom line is, people not currently paying their fair share are gonna pay more? And those who don't require as much care will pay less? I pay $17,000 a year for health care for my family, and we don't come anywhere near $17,000 in cost to our insurance provider, year after year. Now I know, god forbid, my family could hit a catastrophe and need hundreds of thousands of dollars of care, but what about the guy who has no coverage? What does he currently pay for the same catastrophic event? Nothing?

NO! You are wrong. If you read the article you would find that those with pre-existing conditions are saving a lot of money. Those who were healthy are now paying more to make up for those with pre-existing condition.

Those that DON"T require a lot of health care will pay MORE.

You are backwards in your thinking. You have been listening to Obama and the dems lies.

Would love to see the source on this one.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/6-things-boomers-know-obamacare-103029416.html

4. You need to enroll in the ‘right’ state

Each state will have a health-insurance marketplace, and people must sign up for insurance in the state of their primary residence. Plans will include coverage for any emergencies that happen when you’re traveling out-of-state.

Snowbirds who split their time between states will likely have multistate plans to choose from on the marketplaces. Details for these plans will become available later this month, when the Office of Personnel Management announces the contracts, according to a spokesperson. Some may be regional plans that cover a large metropolitan area that crosses state boundaries. But it’s possible that a given multistate plan may not meet the needs of someone who spends, say, half the year in New York and the other half in Florida.

Currently, some snowbirds are served by what’s known as a “wraparound network,” whereby a claims-management company contracts with the primary insurer to lease a provider network that the insurer’s members can access when they travel outside the primary network area, said Terri Welter, principal at ECG Management Consultants, a Seattle-based consulting firm to the health-care industry. While it’s not clear yet, it’s possible this type of system may continue with some plans on the exchanges, she said.

If you move out of state, you’ll need to re-enroll for coverage in your new place of residence. A move will be considered a “qualifying life event” that will allow you to sign up for coverage outside of the open enrollment period

--------------------------------

Sounds like a good way to restrict travel

NO! You are wrong. If you read the article you would find that those with pre-existing conditions are saving a lot of money. Those who were healthy are now paying more to make up for those with pre-existing condition.

Those that DON"T require a lot of health care will pay MORE.

You are backwards in your thinking. You have been listening to Obama and the dems lies.

Those with preexisting conditions can't get health you idiot! They pay the entire bill, if they can, which they usually can't. I already pay $17,000 for family health care. If people who do not pay anything, now pay something, how can I pay more? Please take an economics class, ok?

I wonder if employers will offer to pay the fine for their employees if they decide to opt out? Some employers already give their employees cash if they don't want to participate in the coverage offered, ie- you can be insured on your spouses plan or you're covered by the government already.

By the Sportsexpert:

Those with preexisting conditions can't get health you idiot! They pay the entire bill, if they can, which they usually can't. I already pay $17,000 for family health care. If people who do not pay anything, now pay something, how can I pay more? Please take an economics class, ok?

Your economics course was Obamanomics 101. It looks like you got an A in the course. Congratulations!

"If people who do not pay anything, now pay something, how can I pay more?" The person who can't get health care due to preexisting will come into your plan at the same rate as everyone else. Then the expenses of your plan will go up causing YOUR premiums to go up.

This is Economics 101. This is NOT sports.

two years from now everyone will be happy,have insurance.All the flaws and gliches will be worked out and fixed. And old news like so many other changes. Remember no smoking laws,everyone had a fit now nobody even talks about anymore.

two years from now everyone will be happy,have insurance.All the flaws and gliches will be worked out and fixed. And old news like so many other changes. Remember no smoking laws,everyone had a fit now nobody even talks about anymore.

In 2 years, you will have to wait weeks for a doctor appointment. The penalty for not having insurance will be one 250% of what it is now. Rates will go through the roof and everyone will remember this as the last year of health care freedom.

All I know is that both sides of this clown circus is quickly approaching lose/lose status. They're both acting like idiot schoolkids fighting over a bag lunch. While they punch and wrestle, the lunch gets ruined and no one gets its.

One more time, the American public is paying for the Big Dick Contest that infects daily American politics. Whenever I hear either side talk about doing what's best for taxpayers or all Americans, I roll my eyes. Not only is either side interested in doing what's right for John Q. Public, they're so far away from understanding the realities we all face everyday that they're incapable of doing the right thing.

If you feel the need to educate me on who's to really blame for the Moronic Mexican Shutdown Standoff, I ain't having any of it. See my italicized sentence.

It doesn't matter who's right or who's to blame. They both think there's something to be won here. At first, before the shutdown, there was. Not any more. We pay, we all get more cynical about politics and they just go back to their lives and cash our checks.

I sincerely believe the best thing to do is come to some kind of agreement to suspend Obama Care for a year . The first reason is that the executive branch of government has re written the law after it was passed, I can see a challenge on the way for that. Most of the exemption and extensions are discriminatory.

If the bill was flawed it is the presidents job to send it back, not bypass congress by changing enacted legislation. Then there is this matter.

http://money.msn.com/now/13-states-rebelling-against-obamacare

"But when the law goes into effect next year, the Medicaid expansion won't play out the way President Barack Obama had hoped. That's because a Supreme Court ruling last year puts the decision in the hands of each state's lawmakers -- and so far, 21 states are planning to opt out.

The motivation for sitting out is often financial, with many states concerned that the expansion will strain their coffers to the breaking point, given that they'll be asked to take on 10% of coverage costs starting in 2020. But according to research from Rand Corporation, those states risk losing $8.4 billion in federal funds by snubbing the expansion.

The working poor may have the most to lose. Under Obamacare, people making 133% of the federal poverty level would qualify, which translates to $29,700 for a family of four. States currently have different thresholds for eligibility, although coverage for poor adults without children is "extremely limited," the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities notes.

"Any low-income adult that's not currently eligible for Medicaid and currently not insured would lose" if their state opts out of expanded Medicaid, Carter Price, an associate mathematician with Rand, tells MSN moneyNOW. "They are likely to not have access to affordable health insurance, which would increase their financial risk."

Take Shantelle Williams, who makes $7.25 an hour and lives in Texas, one of the states refusing to expand Medicaid. "The politicians don't know where I'm coming from," she told Businessweek. "That decision was for them, it wasn't for me."".............

................. 14 more pages.

Everyone knows national health care will not go away, but what we have now will cause more harm than good. Just agree to take the damn thing back, fix the computer problems and get the legislation right. It is going down hill at an accelerating rate and when it hits bottom, it will be like Paris every time the French get pissed off. They do it because it works. There will be riots, buses turned over on fire, citizens barricades looting, done by both sides of the issue. No one will be happy....

JUST DO THE DAMN THING RIGHT...........

STOP THE CRAP RIGHT NOW OR I'LL STOP THIS CAR AND.........., BOTH OF YOU KIDS........

DID I MENTION MY MORTGAGE JUST WENT UP AGAIN?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I see that while we were on vacation for almost 2 weeks, the status of Obamacare has gone from bad to worse.

It proves what I wrote. Obamacare is an epic failure of mass proportions.

Some people are using my exact words from "Epic Failure"

http://www.christianpost.com/news/obamacare-epic-failure-your-knee-surgery-could-be-in-jeopardy-107237/

http://www.rightwingnews.com/column-2/the-epic-failure-of-obamacare/

http://www.examiner.com/article/understanding-the-epic-failure-of-obamacare-website-healthcare-gov

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Obamacare-s-Epic-Technical-Failure-Best-Metaphor-Contest

They only thing that you have proven Pete is that you are unable to think for yourself and your entire cognitive existence is solely based on what you read on the internet and watch on TV.

It would be amusing if it were not so sad.

Thanks for the compliment.

some early start up problems, DOES NOT make the program a epic failure UNLESS a person hopes it is. Those problems will be corrected asap. Just please be patient.

There are 5 million lines of code that have to be rewritten. Do you have any idea how long that takes?

Sebellius knew that this was going to fail. She says that she did not tell Obama. If that is true, why hasn't he fired her?

Guest The Devils Advocate

The project has a total of 500 million lines of software code, so only 1 percent has to be rewritten or edited. That is not a failure, that is a glitch.

If this project succeeds which I estimate it eventually will, I can see those on the right stop calling it Obamacare and start calling it by its real name.

because you gambled on a varible rate. they always start out low for six months or so then BAM they start raising the rates. Always get a fixed rate, your payments are always the same,never change,no surprises.

Oh Hi :) Where was I? Oh that's right...no, of course I have a fixed rate mortgage. Taxes are tied to mortgage via escrow account. And we're giving $2.5 million dollars to whom for what? This is really the wrong thread...did anyone see Excellus dropped Medicaid coverage and I think I read Aetna pulled out of the state altogether? NY IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS! YAY! How many jobs lost so far Governor Cuomo?

"Senators Mark Pryor of Arkansas, Mark Begich of Alaska and Mary Landrieu of Lousiana, Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire and Joe Manchin of West Virginia have called for delaying the March 31 deadline in response to the technical problems with the Obamacare website."

All 5 of these dems are up for re-election in 2014.

Archived