Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

Only $6,818,181.82 per participant. Just give them 3 million each, tell them to buy their own insurance and save $168,000,000

http://washingtonexaminer.com/oregon-signs-up-just-44-people-for-obamacare-despite-spending-300-million/article/2540529

Oregon signs up just 44 people for Obamacare despite spending $300 million

By PHILIP KLEIN | DECEMBER 11, 2013 AT 9:04 AM

Oregon, once touted as a model for President Obama's health care law, signed up just 44 people for insurance through November, despite spending more than $300 million on its state-based exchange.

The state’s exchange had the fewest sign-ups in the nation, according to a new report today by the Department of Health and Human Services.

The weak number of sign-ups undercuts two major defenses of Obamacare from its supporters.

One defense was that state-based exchanges were performing a lot better than the federal healthcare.gov website servicing 36 states. But Oregon's website problems have forced the state to rely on paper applications to sign up participants

Another defense of the Obama administration has attributed the troubled rollout of Obamacare to the obstruction of Republican governors who wanted to see the law fail as well as a lack of funding

But Oregon is a Democratic state that embraced Obamacare early and enthusiastically. Its outreach effort, which included a folk-style music video featuring a singer playing an acoustic guitar against a colorful and scenic backdrop, had been praised among the law's supporters.

And the more than $300 million in federal grant money the state received to build and promote its exchange topped all but two other states - the much more populous New York and California.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The program is flawed. It has already been shown to restrict people's access to healthcare.

They had 3 years to implement the program. One more year will not matter. The website should have been up and running on October 1st.

should of be it wasn't,water over the dam.progress is being made slowly BUT surely.Be patient.

should of be it wasn't,water over the dam.progress is being made slowly BUT surely.Be patient.

No. It should have been there on October 1. Obama failed. His administration failed.

You obviously don't care about the Americans who have lost or can't get health insurance at an affordable price.

You are self centered. You care only about yourself.

No. It should have been there on October 1. Obama failed. His administration failed.

You obviously don't care about the Americans who have lost or can't get health insurance at an affordable price.

You are self centered. You care only about yourself.

now calm down there peteE , the policies that were lost were worthless crap Ola junk policies that cost very little but don't cover much along with very high deductables and terrible doctors so thats a good thing they will be better off in time when the program goes going full swing. With A little higher premium coverage policy they will be much better off and actually save a ton of money if something serious happens or they have a bad accident of anykind because there old crap policy wouldn't have paid for much and covered little. Like every issue that comes up these days a few mounts later they are forgotten and not even talked about anymore. Remember when people had a fix they couldn't smoke in bars or public anymore? no either do I just no one talks about it anymore they are used to it.

And remember nobody has to sign up,they can pay the fine and buy whatever insurance if any they want.

sounds like fox news channel on here. what are yous all gonna bitch about when the program is fixed and working like it was intended to in say a year or so?

I am going to bitch about paying more for less and loosing coverage the president told me I could keep if I like it. I am also going to bitch about loosing the physician that I have a 10 year relationship with. The waiver runs out in a year or so. I am also going to bitch that I was lied to because the program intended to take away what I had make me pay much more for less.

I am going to bitch about thousands of people who worked on the program, and democrat legislators made sure the text did not release the ACA text so the public, and the rest of congress could read it before it was voted on. I will bitch about Pelosi telling us it had to be made law before anyone could know what was in it.

What difference does it make who reports the news if it is quotable, or witnessed actions are reported with three independent sources? The difference is what gets published and what does not.

BTW

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/460/retraction

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/05/public-editor/repairing-the-credibility-cracks-after-jayson-blair.html?_r=0

http://ajrarchive.org/article.asp?id=648

http://www.transparencynow.com/globe3.htm

http://catalog.freedomforum.org/FFLib/JournalistScandals.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9293620/BBC-News-uses-Iraq-photo-to-illustrate-Syrian-massacre.html

http://aljamahiria.algaddafi.org/syrianews/aljamahiria---european-newspaper-uses-photoshop-to-create-a-fake-image-of-syria---01-08-2012

now calm down there peteE , the policies that were lost were worthless crap Ola junk policies that cost very little but don't cover much along with very high deductables and terrible doctors so thats a good thing they will be better off in time when the program goes going full swing. With A little higher premium coverage policy they will be much better off and actually save a ton of money if something serious happens or they have a bad accident of anykind because there old crap policy wouldn't have paid for much and covered little. Like every issue that comes up these days a few mounts later they are forgotten and not even talked about anymore. Remember when people had a fix they couldn't smoke in bars or public anymore? no either do I just no one talks about it anymore they are used to it.

And remember nobody has to sign up,they can pay the fine and buy whatever insurance if any they want.

The penalties are not very high to begin with. In 2014, the fine to remain uninsured is $95 per person (up to a family maximum of $285, or 1 percent of family income, whichever is greater).

But the penalty will increase more than sevenfold in the next two years, with the fine running as much as $695 per person by 2016. The family maximum would be as high as $2,085 (or 2.5 percent of family income, whichever is greater).

A freshman business or communications student at Sunybroome (BCC) is required to take a simple computer course that gives an overview of software, imaging, how to research on the Internet, etc. Even in that course designed for someone who knows almost nothing, software roll out procedures are taught. Revisions are gone over, modular testing, system testing, in house testing, then beta testing, before a roll out. Whoever authorized the ACA software would have failed a first semester freshman course at a community college.

It will take more time and money to try getting that crap to work. To save face, they are going to write an entire new package, but make it look the same. That is what they are doing now, module at a time.

now calm down there peteE , the policies that were lost were worthless crap Ola junk policies that cost very little but don't cover much along with very high deductables and terrible doctors so thats a good thing they will be better off in time when the program goes going full swing.

What if someone can afford a high deductible and save money. I see a lot of opinion here to fire Pete up, but not much of anything credible.

Obamacare isn't a failure. Those that voted it in without reading it are failures. Those that sat back and didn't amend sections in it are failures. If we were a country that cared about God, we wouldn't be bloggers passing judgement. Capitalism is the enemy, because americans only understand concepts of me, myself, and I. I pay taxes, while my brother in law fights overseas. I owe him that. Pete owes more than I do...

So the job of government is to legislate and enforce morality? You seem to be painting everyone with the same brush.

now calm down there peteE , the policies that were lost were worthless crap Ola junk policies that cost very little but don't cover much along with very high deductables and terrible doctors so thats a good thing they will be better off in time when the program goes going full swing.

What if someone can afford a high deductible and save money. I see a lot of opinion here to fire Pete up, but not much of anything credible.

John talks out of both sides of his mouth. About NSA spying he wrote that he did not care if the NSA spied on him since he did nothing wrong. So I challenged him to post his name and address here. Of course he did not.

His reasoning makes no sense. To say that crapola policies included bad doctors is ridiculous.

You are correct in your analysis of his posts. I don't know if he is serious or not when he posts.

If paying the fine is no big deal, why doesn't he offer to pick up a few fines for people who will have to pay them.

I am going to bitch about paying more for less and loosing coverage the president told me I could keep if I like it. I am also going to bitch about loosing the physician that I have a 10 year relationship with. The waiver runs out in a year or so. I am also going to bitch that I was lied to because the program intended to take away what I had make me pay much more for less.

I am going to bitch about thousands of people who worked on the program, and democrat legislators made sure the text did not release the ACA text so the public, and the rest of congress could read it before it was voted on. I will bitch about Pelosi telling us it had to be made law before anyone could know what was in it.

What difference does it make who reports the news if it is quotable, or witnessed actions are reported with three independent sources? The difference is what gets published and what does not.

BTW

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/460/retraction

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/05/public-editor/repairing-the-credibility-cracks-after-jayson-blair.html?_r=0

http://ajrarchive.org/article.asp?id=648

http://www.transparencynow.com/globe3.htm

http://catalog.freedomforum.org/FFLib/JournalistScandals.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9293620/BBC-News-uses-Iraq-photo-to-illustrate-Syrian-massacre.html

http://aljamahiria.algaddafi.org/syrianews/aljamahiria---european-newspaper-uses-photoshop-to-create-a-fake-image-of-syria---01-08-2012

I understand your bitching and you can and did.Good for you but what is that going to change for you? Its the law for the next 3 years the president said and once its running the way it was intended to may be for many years after 3.

I cannot agree with someone posting their identity here. That would be nothing but trouble for everyone, and very unwise. That is something I would not do.

Pete, he is having fun.

its not the deductable so much,its the policy itself that stinks. The cap for the amount paid for total benefits is tiny and if your happy with some reinburstment for some stiches or hangnail or going to the walkin for a cold and some cheap penecillian then your good to go. But wait till you need something more serious covered,good luck with that.

I understand your bitching and you can and did.Good for you but what is that going to change for you? Its the law for the next 3 years the president said and once its running the way it was intended to may be for many years after 3.

Running right or not, I was lied to, have money taken to pay for something inferior to what I had. What is it going to change for me? Bitching loud and long enough in the proper places at the right time will cause quite a bit of political damage. Every executive order can be overturned, and Obama has set precedent. He and his party will not be in power forever. Change starts with bitching, then momentum, and eventually change. Don't forget, ACA is the law o' the land, and whoever is president can choose what law gets enforced, and which do not. Once most of the ACA is taken apart, lets see who will want it back. Remember, Prohibition was a constitutional amendment, part of the constitution, bitching and momentum got rid of it.

John talks out of both sides of his mouth. About NSA spying he wrote that he did not care if the NSA spied on him since he did nothing wrong. So I challenged him to post his name and address here. Of course he did not.

His reasoning makes no sense. To say that crapola policies included bad doctors is ridiculous.

You are correct in your analysis of his posts. I don't know if he is serious or not when he posts.

If paying the fine is no big deal, why doesn't he offer to pick up a few fines for people who will have to pay them.

look this has nothing to do with me, just sick of most of you's painting doom and gloom only. There is also some good happening because of obamacare listen to some other news channels and peoples stories just give it time to work is all i'm saying.this is a huge and most important program and I never taught from day one it would start off smoothly without errors. everyone bitched when they started up the SS program and the medicaid program but now could be happier years later.

I cannot agree with someone posting their identity here. That would be nothing but trouble for everyone, and very unwise. That is something I would not do.

Pete, he is having fun.

I agree that people should not post their identities.

I don't think he is having fun. He believes what he is writing.

pete its not you or the dozen other fulltime posters here that worry me knowing my identity none of yous frighten me at all. Its the whack jobs that do like the other ones you's bitch about here Police chief Z and the villian DA and their kind that I have to worry about. so Senqui is very right.

look this has nothing to do with me, just sick of most of you's painting doom and gloom only. There is also some good happening because of obamacare listen to some other news channels and peoples stories just give it time to work is all i'm saying.this is a huge and most important program and I never taught from day one it would start off smoothly without errors. everyone bitched when they started up the SS program and the medicaid program but now could be happier years later.

If you are sick of the picture being painted then don't come back here.

Your real problem is that you are tired of the TRUTH. You are sick of your leader being painted as an incompetent jerk. Whether it is obamacare or his selfies at the memorial for Mandela, he is ignorant and he does not know how to act.

You need to ask yourself, how did I know, on October 1st at 8:31AM, that obamacare would be an epic failure? Because obama can only fail.

Sengui: See, he really does believe what he writes.

Both SS and Medicaid blew up far beyond the legislations intent. SS is in a death spiral. The fix, do not pay benefits that have been paid for, make people work until they die. Retirement at 67 for a construction or steel worker? No way, now it comes back on SS as disability or SSI. In some states the ACA is nothing more than Medicaid in drag. The ACA is making working people welfare recipients. Medicaid will grow covering the real cost of the ACA.

Yes, I believe everyone should have care, but dammit, do it right. This is why I wish this mess blows up so it will have to be done right. No one will ever trust it between the secrecy of its contents when voted in, and the lies. The lies really cut deep. Lie to people and take their money, they will never forgive or forget. Time will never heal those wounds. Once more people are affected, more antipathy will grow and feed momentum for change.

http://www.my9nj.com/story/24192584/more-hidden-taxes-funding-obamacare

More Hidden Taxes Funding ObamaCare

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 10:21 AM EST Updated: Dec 11, 2013 3:41 PM EST

By Ronica Cleary, @ChasingRonica

Oakridge, New Jersey (My9NJ) - There have been many taxes put in place to help fund Obamacare that are rarely discussed in the media.

Michael Studnick, a certified public accountant with Studnick & Associates in Oakridge, New Jersey explained some of the new taxes placed on earned and unearned income.

The new earned income tax to help fund Obamacare is 0.9%. "Earned income is compensation from participation in a business, including wages, salary, tips, commissions and bonuses," Studnick explained. This tax will be placed on any income earned over $200K for those who are single and any income earned over $250K for those who are married and filing jointly.

The new unearned income tax is more complicated. "The simple definition of unearned income is income derived from sources other than employment such as interest and dividends from investments, or income from rental property," Studnick said. Your modified adjusted income over $200K if you’re single and over $250K if you’re married and filing jointly, will be compared to your unearned income. The lesser of the two will be taxed at 3.8%.

Studnick says it’s important to understand these taxes and how they work.

“That way there’s no surprises when you go to file your tax return and now you have an extra 3.8 or 0.9% tax to pay,” Studnick says.

A CPA can help you build tax strategies to prepare for these new taxes you may face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACA cost is in school budget

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/missouri-school-district-hit-150000-bill-obamacare_770739.html

The Blog
Missouri School District Hit With $150,000 Bill for Obamacare
9:01 AM, Dec 11, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER
rss-icon.gif

A Missouri school district faces a $150,000 bill for Obamacare, according to a report on KMIZ-MO:

"The Affordable Care Act could cost the Jefferson City public schools more than a $150,000," said the news anchor.

"This came to light at last night's board meeting when district officials told board members they would have to pay health insurance for substitute teachers," says the other anchor.

"They knew it was coming, they just didn't exactly know how they were going to handle it. As small business around the nation have seen it coming, and they've been wondering how they will accommodate the Affordable Care Act. Just like them, the district is also asking that question. The district could limit subtitutes to 28 hours per week, or face paying six thousand dollars per person for health benefits for at least 25 individuals who are on the rolls and qualify. If they don't comply with the new federal law, the district would be fined millions of dollars by the federal government. While district officials didn't go as far as saying the federal government is hurting more than helping, I was told the $150,000 dollar cost is about the same cost as three teachers in the district, to put it into perspective," the reporter explains.

If you are sick of the picture being painted then don't come back here.

Your real problem is that you are tired of the TRUTH. You are sick of your leader being painted as an incompetent jerk. Whether it is obamacare or his selfies at the memorial for Mandela, he is ignorant and he does not know how to act.

You need to ask yourself, how did I know, on October 1st at 8:31AM, that obamacare would be an epic failure? Because obama can only fail.

Sengui: See, he really does believe what he writes.

MY problem, no PeteE all the complaining your doing makes it YOUR problem. I'm giving the program time to work and you are not,you just want it to Fail,period and will say all you can to help it fail that makes you part of the problem and not the cure.

MY problem, no PeteE all the complaining your doing makes it YOUR problem. I'm giving the program time to work and you are not,you just want it to Fail,period and will say all you can to help it fail that makes you part of the problem and not the cure.

If it takes 10 years or 10 seconds to work, or if the ACA works at all is not a core issue.

I, for one, intend, to do everything possible to bring this assault on my constitutional rights down. Damn right, it is also my problem. You may wish to stand in the shadow and watch the roots of our government destroyed along with many others who do not grasp governmental evolution from the Magna Carta to the present.

I consider it an obligation to my country to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.

There are no quotes because this is not a military oath, It is my personal statement of responsibility. I currently cannot morally, or legally act in a violent manner such as the president's associate, Bill Ayers, former leader of "The Weathermen" in their effort to effect change. However, the Constitution of the United States gives me a right to carry out my mission with a soap box and a ballot, nothing more.

At the core is the manner in which the bill was forced through congress, denying my representatives of the ability to do their job by not opening the bill for scrutiny. My representatives voted for the bill, without reading it because of party line, not their obligation to represent the people of their districts. Either the President signed the bill into law without reading it, or read it and did not comprehend it. Either way, he is either incompetent or ignorant and serving party before the American people. By executive order, the president has significantly changed the law in effect, transforming into a different law, a unilateral amendment which by the Constitution, can only be done by all three branches of government.

The Judiciary read it, found it unconstitutional, then wrote a brief advising to call the bill something other than what was passed, and signed. After becoming law, the president is unequally enforcing the law to preserve unity within his party. He has that power because the agency enforcing the ACA is arguably the strongest most tyrannical arm of government.

It is part of the executive branch of government, the IRS. The President has control of the IRS and may choose to enforce to the letter tax law against any individual or organization he choses. As we have seen by recent events, interpretation of tax law is at the discretion of IRS auditors, some of which have chosen to harass the opposition by disruption of taxpayer finances.

All three branches of government have failed to do their job. In effect what we have today is the equivalent of a monarch, advisor, and court. This is what signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged to overthrow. In effect, Constitutional role within our government has nearly been eliminated. There is still time to save the government by means of peaceful protest, and what is left of our political rights .

Here is where future danger may lie, will there come a time when Americans are fed up with their rights taken away and exercise their remaining right of last resort, abolition? This is whatever what one wishes to call it, natural law, divine right, or basic human freedom, it is from the consensus of the people

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, - That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

So help me God."

Would the military obey the president, if ordered to do so by their officers, attack American citizens, or will the military consider the president a domestic enemy? The primary, the first; defining role of the military is to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States" . Military action against American citizens is a clear violation of their oath. This is why military personnel resign or retire from military service before seeking civilian office. Although commander in chief, the president is not, and cannot be a military officer.

Why does the military used as a police force seem credible to me? Because history fades over time.The Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970 fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four unarmed students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis during an anti war protest. There is the same feeling, or vibration beginning to resonate as during the late 60's and early 70's raising this very terrifying question, I sincerely hope we never need to find the answer. again.

Archived