Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

If it takes 10 years or 10 seconds to work, or if the ACA works at all is not a core issue.

I, for one, intend, to do everything possible to bring this assault on my constitutional rights down. Damn right, it is also my problem. You may wish to stand in the shadow and watch the roots of our government destroyed along with many others who do not grasp governmental evolution from the Magna Carta to the present.

I consider it an obligation to my country to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.

There are no quotes because this is not a military oath, It is my personal statement of responsibility. I currently cannot morally, or legally act in a violent manner such as the president's associate, Bill Ayers, former leader of "The Weathermen" in their effort to effect change. However, the Constitution of the United States gives me a right to carry out my mission with a soap box and a ballot, nothing more.

At the core is the manner in which the bill was forced through congress, denying my representatives of the ability to do their job by not opening the bill for scrutiny. My representatives voted for the bill, without reading it because of party line, not their obligation to represent the people of their districts. Either the President signed the bill into law without reading it, or read it and did not comprehend it. Either way, he is either incompetent or ignorant and serving party before the American people. By executive order, the president has significantly changed the law in effect, transforming into a different law, a unilateral amendment which by the Constitution, can only be done by all three branches of government.

The Judiciary read it, found it unconstitutional, then wrote a brief advising to call the bill something other than what was passed, and signed. After becoming law, the president is unequally enforcing the law to preserve unity within his party. He has that power because the agency enforcing the ACA is arguably the strongest most tyrannical arm of government.

It is part of the executive branch of government, the IRS. The President has control of the IRS and may choose to enforce to the letter tax law against any individual or organization he choses. As we have seen by recent events, interpretation of tax law is at the discretion of IRS auditors, some of which have chosen to harass the opposition by disruption of taxpayer finances.

All three branches of government have failed to do their job. In effect what we have today is the equivalent of a monarch, advisor, and court. This is what signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged to overthrow. In effect, Constitutional role within our government has nearly been eliminated. There is still time to save the government by means of peaceful protest, and what is left of our political rights .

Here is where future danger may lie, will there come a time when Americans are fed up with their rights taken away and exercise their remaining right of last resort, abolition? This is whatever what one wishes to call it, natural law, divine right, or basic human freedom, it is from the consensus of the people

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, - That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

So help me God."

Would the military obey the president, if ordered to do so by their officers, attack American citizens, or will the military consider the president a domestic enemy? The primary, the first; defining role of the military is to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States" . Military action against American citizens is a clear violation of their oath. This is why military personnel resign or retire from military service before seeking civilian office. Although commander in chief, the president is not, and cannot be a military officer.

Why does the military used as a police force seem credible to me? Because history fades over time.The Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970 fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four unarmed students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis during an anti war protest. There is the same feeling, or vibration beginning to resonate as during the late 60's and early 70's raising this very terrifying question, I sincerely hope we never need to find the answer. again.

Holy crap your going to do all that ? well grab your musket and get out there and get busy. I'm going back down to the relief pitcher and drink some beers with the cops and firemen. "Good luck to you Sir.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap your going to do all that ? well grab your musket and get out there and get busy. I'm going back down to the relief pitcher and drink some beers with the cops and firemen. "Good luck to you Sir.

You are a perfect example of the "low information voter".

Thank you for your kind wishes, I know nothing of muskets, but my ballot and soapbox are hard at work.

On first inspection, it did not pass the constitutional test. It was cloaked as a tax and then pushed through.

It has been inspected, so the constitutionality argument is now mute.

Yes, it is a health care tax. Buy some or we tax. Taxation is constitutional.

Another obamacare deadline was pushed back on Thursday and now the White House is asking insurers to accept late payments and still give individuals coverage in the interim.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2013/12/12/obamacare-deadline-pushback-december-31/

The failure of obamacare is now a tragedy for those who were forced into it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found this. What a bunch of incompetents at the white house.

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/411231710227857409/photo/1

I doubt the conklincolt will figure out what is wrong.

PeteE get your 95 bucks ready,its almost fine time for you. You don't have to buy insurance if you choose not to.If you had any to start with? No bigE right

John: I think you should pay my fine. You seem to have no problem when other people are penalized for not having insurance.

"Thousands of HealthCare.gov sign-ups didn’t make it to insurers"

People think they are signed up but they are not. Info to be released today (Saturday) so that few people will hear about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/12/14/exclusive-thousands-of-healthcare-gov-sign-ups-didnt-make-it-to-insurers/

"While these cases pose a challenge for the Obama administration, officials say they believe the situation is improving." Believe? They don't know?

Get it while you can, . It may have a few interesting contents, if you can believe them.

http://www.healthreformgps.org/wp-content/uploads/navigator-SOP-manual-8-26.pdf

http://capitolcityproject.com/

........................Tammy Duffy, a radiation health physicist from New Jersey, was talking with Obamacare Navigators one day and asked a question regarding people who are self-employed, in which they could not provide an answer. She then asked for a copy of the manual, which they would not give her since it’s not meant to be available to the public.

“I asked the nice ladies for a copy and they said I could not have it because it was a government document not for the public. So I thought maybe there is an outline or shorter version that is for the public. I went to Google and typed in ‘healthcare insurance marketplace Navigator SOP,” Duffy said...................

To see the full 217-page Obamacare training manual, click here. "

Guest The Devils Advocate
365,000 individuals have selected health insurance plans from either state or federal marketplaces as of the end of November with another nearly two million making it through the “critical step” of the eligibility process.

That trumps all your whining Petey.

How many can say with 100% certainty they have coverage as of 1/1/2014. What we say now is conjecture, the numbers, raw numbers, no excuses fully paid for policies and secured services delivered will tell the tale. I would give it until the end of the first quarter to have a good indication. Even then, who could believe the numbers, they are provided by a vested interest.

The Administration has used up all possible "slack" and overextended their credibility. The burden of proof is on them.

give everybody a million dollars, save a few trillion and end it. They could buy their own insurance for life.

45 States Still Haven’t Hit 10% of Enrollment Goals for Obamacare

Check out that runaway Obamacare enrollment over on EnrollMaven.com!

In Arkansas, its up to 1,404! Well along the way to the state’s goal of 51,000 paid enrollees by the end of March.

In Delaware, it’s up to 793! The state’s goal is 35,000.

In New Hampshire, they hit 1,569. Getting close to that goal of 19,000!

In West Virginia, it’s up to 775! They’ll hit their goal of 24,000 in no time!

In Hawaii, all the way up to 444! That goal of 9,000 is in sight!

In Colorado they’re up to 9,980… with a goal of 92,000.

We can skip the scoffing over Oregon and Washington exchanges, as their ludicrously embarrassing failures have been extensively discussed. Oregon’s at 44, with a state goal of 237,000; Washington’s at 17,780… with a goal of 340,000.

Illinois, the president’s home state! Surely they’re ahead of the curve in getting folks enrolled and paid, right? They’re at 7,043… out of a goal of 143,000.

Even Kentucky, often cited as one of Obamacare’s shining success stories, is at 20,951… about 10 percent of the way to their goal of 220,000 enrolled.

All of those “M” states with their own state exchanges, ambitious Democratic governors and deep blue state legislatures — surely, they must be enrolling at a better pace, right?

Eh, not really. Maryland’s at 3,758, with the goal of 150,000 far from sight.

Massachusetts is at 1,700, even further from their state goal of 250,000 paid enrollees.

Minnesota has hit 4,478… out of a goal of 67,000. Still trying to hit 10 percent.

Note all of the above states have Democratic governors. The Obamacare fan’s usual dodge or whine that the rollout is impeded by uncooperative Republican governors does not apply in any of those states; the difficulties in these states indicate that the problems with the program do not stem from insufficient enthusiasm from GOP lawmakers.

The one state making serious progress is Connecticut; they’re up to 11,631 out of a goal of 33,000. Rhode Island has 2,669, but that state’s goal is only 12,000 one of the lowest in the country. (One health official in the state “predicts that 70,000 to 100,000 will enroll on the exchange by the end of next year.”)

Some states have hit more than five digits. In New York, they’re at 50,119; a pretty solid chunk of their goal of 218,000.

In California, they’re up to 159,004. That sounds pretty good, until you realize they were aiming for 1.3 million.

States with Republican governors are faring no better, of course.

In Iowa, they’re at 757! Nice number for a plane, but well short of the goal of 41,000 enrolled.

In Maine, they’re up to 1,747. Closing in on that goal of 23,000!

An overwhelming 398 in Alaska! Look out, enrollment goal of 20,000!

Let’s make this simpler. The only states that have reached 10 percent of their enrollment goals are California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island; Kentucky is close.

BTW http://www.newsweek.com/case-could-topple-obamacare-224747

The "Great Incompetent" has lifted the requirement for those with canceled plans.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-20/obama-aides-say-more-to-gain-coverage-under-aca-than-canceled.html

So those who did enroll are screwed because they bought mandated high priced policies?

He won't suspend the thing for a year all at one time and do the right thing. In another three months, everyone will end up with an exemption. Better to protect himself and his party. Do it piece at a time, slowly, don't make big headlines or attract attention all at once. Tell the press on Friday afternoons, and save especially bad news for three day weekends. Even if the fools hear the news, it will be forgotten by Monday.

Destroy peoples savings and piece of mind, divide the country, etc.. He had the opportunity to mend the social and political divide, make himself and his party look good to independents, and backup his claims of seeking bi-partisanship. All he knows Chicago ward thug politics, using the media and governmental records to terrorize any opposition. Are costs really going to go down? Who is ultimately going to pay for all the extra overhead insurance companies are shelling out for new forms, software training, recalculating actuarial information, doing things two, three times over, or more?.

The Public calls 911 if Mc Donalds gets their order wrong, but screw people out of their insurance, strip them of their savings, lie to them, and the victims defend those responsible. The public is more concerned about government fixing their missing hash browns problem.

More often that one would believe: https://www.google.com/search?q=mcdonalds+911&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

''I welcome debate among my team, but I won't tolerate division.”

Barack Obama

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”

Barack Obama

A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense.'

Barack Obama

Issues are never simple. One thing I'm proud of is that very rarely will you hear me simplify the issues.

Barack Obama

If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what. My view is that health care reform should be guided by a simple principle: fix what’s broken and build on what works.”

Barack Obama

And so our goal on health care is, if we can get, instead of health care costs going up 6 percent a year, it's going up at the level of inflation, maybe just slightly above inflation, we've made huge progress. And by the way, that is the single most important thing we could do in terms of reducing our deficit. That's why we did it.

Barack Obama

But if you - if what - the reports are true, what they're saying is, is that as a consequence of us getting 30 million additional people health care, at the margins that's going to increase our costs, we knew that.

Barack Obama

Well here's our story...My wife's insurance was dropped forcing us to go on the website to shop, ...initially it was a huge pain in the gonads, with nothing working and all, but after finishing the process, which was last week btw, she has a decent coverage policy at less cost then before...I think it's a good thing and will get better with time, I'd stick with it...Like anything else new, people are resistant to change when you're talking money and there's going to be problems at first until you have a system down...

Well here's our story...My wife's insurance was dropped forcing us to go on the website to shop, ...initially it was a huge pain in the gonads, with nothing working and all, but after finishing the process, which was last week btw, she has a decent coverage policy at less cost then before...I think it's a good thing and will get better with time, I'd stick with it...Like anything else new, people are resistant to change when you're talking money and there's going to be problems at first until you have a system down...

NY and one other state site are functioning well. New York had it right in about a week. The federal site was put together by a Canadian firm that screwed up the Canadian system.

NY and one other state site are functioning well. New York had it right in about a week. The federal site was put together by a Canadian firm that screwed up the Canadian system.

Why couldn't she keep her plan and doctor? That is what the trouble is about. They lied and knew they were doing it. They knew inside the beltway last Summer after the politicians read the law, it was not as advertised. I do not mean software, I mean the legislation. Your price was OK because you are in NY. A good deal of the country is paying much more for much less at least until they figure it out in DC, grant more exemptions, or just grant everyone an exemption until prices and software are right

If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what. My view is that health care reform should be guided by a simple principle: fix what’s broken and build on what works.”

Barack Obama

The American public will accept anything. The people in Europe that we and the British inspired to escape monarchy, shut down the entire country if their government screws them over. I mean no transportation, shops close, people do not go to work. If that gets no action then it is to the streets.

It has known that people in NYS are getting a good deal for the first 2 years. After that, the prices will be going up significantly.

cuomo wants it this way to improve his chances of getting the dem nomination for president.

Why couldn't she keep her plan and doctor? That is what the trouble is about. They lied and knew they were doing it. They knew inside the beltway last Summer after the politicians read the law, it was not as advertised. I do not mean software, I mean the legislation. Your price was OK because you are in NY. A good deal of the country is paying much more for much less at least until they figure it out in DC, grant more exemptions, or just grant everyone an exemption until prices and software are right

Barack Obama

The American public will accept anything. The people in Europe that we and the British inspired to escape monarchy, shut down the entire country if their government screws them over. I mean no transportation, shops close, people do not go to work. If that gets no action then it is to the streets.

wow, now to the streets,close everything down.that will work that will be great for everyone.I don't think so.that would only make matters for more worse. The president said (and its true he didn't lie) if they (gop) or who ever want to change laws or policies win a election.Thats how things are changed,not by starting riots because you don't like or aggree with something. the aca is affectiing some,alot of people but not all and if it was as bad as you think there might be riots but there wont.

Archived