Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

From the article, which I'm suuuure he read. So basically they thought it would cost less because they believe less people would sign up. Demand exceeded expectations, so that drove up the costs.

"That would be far higher than projections this spring from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office that the 2014 subsidies would cost the federal government $10 billion. Instead, the number would be more in line with earlier estimates from the budget office, which had been revised downward when analysts believed fewer people would sign up for coverage. In the end, enrollment exceeded expectations."

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/nbc-wsj-poll-obamas-foreign-policy-rating-plummets-even-without-n133461

"The percentage of Americans approving of President Barack Obama’s handling of foreign policy issues has dropped to the lowest level of his presidency as he faces multiple overseas challenges, including in Iraq,according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

Additionally, the public is evenly split on whether Obama is a competent manager of the federal bureaucracy. And a majority of respondents – 54 percent – believe the term-limited president is no longer able to lead the country."

Even with all his media support, Bush blaming, lies and underhanded tactics...he will go down as one of the most ineffective and inept Presidents in history. We are a joke to the world, we hold No world credibility, we have lost our nation.

Obama has redefined integrity and trust in the worst way, a lesson he has passed onto the youths of our country. I truly feel this nation will never recover from the mess Obama has laid upon us.

Insert Blame Bush here because the Libs will never hold their esteemed one to any accountability what so ever. It's always Bush's fault, always!

Amazing how Bush has been able to undermine and cause Obama to make so many blunders.... amazing how Bush has been able to make Obama look like such a fool to the world..... amazing how Bush has subliminally forced Obama to undermine our constitution and divide our country.... how he has caused the entire Obama Administration to become so unaccountable and dishonest....Yet, doing all this and more while no longer in power! Bush is Dr Evil on steroids!

• 5 months later...

So here we are more than a year later and we now know the truth. Obamacare was built on lies. There are no savings as Obama said. You can't keep your doctor as Obama said. Jonathan Gruber said that the American people are stupid so they had to be lied to.

"The truth is out there" for all to see.

We have to pass the act to find out what's in it......Chief Cheerleader Nancy Pelosi .....who now conveniently doesn't acknowledge knowing Mr. Gruber the arrogant primary architect of The Act as well as Romney's Massachusetts program. Predictably, the Dems re-elect her as their minority leader even after suffering the party's worst election shellacking since WWII. Wonderful stuff party politics. However more importantly, she IS generous with her donated political dollars to her other misguided party hack candidates.....of course NOT her with her own $$ ....a portion of which being derived from her insider trading as exposed to the world on the now forgotten 60 Minutes segment . But in American politics today the priorities are: 1.SELF; 2. PARTY; 3.COMMON GOOD......with the latter being questionable in light of the former.

The American public is stupid. They reelected congressional and senatorial candidates who could not possibly have read let alone understand the Obama Care bill. For or against it they voted on it without reading it. If I was in office, I would have registered present (abstention not affecting quorum) because I did not know what I was accepting or rejecting for the constituents. Reelection be damned, all I could is tell voters that it was the only honest thing to do.

I do not remember when the final bill was released for inspection, but know it was not nearly enough time to read, and certainly not enough to comprehend.

• 1 month later...

""for years, Harvard’s experts on health economics and policy have advised presidents and Congress on how to provide health benefits to the nation at a reasonable cost. But those remedies will now be applied to the Harvard faculty, and the professors are in an uproar."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-05/obamacare-architects-harvard-furious-after-learning-they-are-not-exempt-obamacare

B******S

• 2 months later...

Exactly as predicted? You obviously didn't read the entire article.... Also, from the same article...

"Overall, the CBO said, health care costs for the government and for private consumers are lower than expected just a few years ago. That means Obamacare is less expensive than predicted when the Affordable Care Act was enacted in 2010"

8%? Wow, I wish the health insurance premiums I pay through my employer went up only 8% a year. We've been averaging 10-15% increase a year since I started here 13 years ago. This years increase was 13%.

Exactly as predicted? You obviously didn't read the entire article.... Also, from the same article...

"Overall, the CBO said, health care costs for the government and for private consumers are lower than expected just a few years ago. That means Obamacare is less expensive than predicted when the Affordable Care Act was enacted in 2010"

8%? Wow, I wish the health insurance premiums I pay through my employer went up only 8% a year. We've been averaging 10-15% increase a year since I started here 13 years ago. This years increase was 13%.

Than go on Obamacare if the costs are less.

I can't since my employer offers health insurance, as does my wifes. What's even more absurd is that she works for UHS and their health insurance is terrible compared to mine. Costs even more and offers even less. The benefits package at UHS is pathetic, but I guess it's how they make o much money and pay the administrators those large salaries.

I can't since my employer offers health insurance, as does my wifes. .....

Good news, binghamtonian - You CAN get Obamacare:

"If your employer offers coverage, you likely can’t get cost assistance, but can use the marketplace or buy other private insurance instead."

http://obamacarefacts.com/howdoes-obamacare-work/

This will cut down on those high percentage increases you are paying!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The failure of Obamacare continues on. 10 coops have failed. High percentage increases for those staying in a plan.

My 2 year old prediction comes true everyday.

"Brendan Skwire tells NPR his insurance was too pricey. "Basically, my premiums doubled when my income imploded," he says. "I simply couldn't afford to pay the bill."

"I was dropped from my plan last year for 'not providing additional income information,' " Marie says. "I check my mail regularly, and did not receive notice in the mail, or via email, or through the secure exchange system email."

And my favorite:

""I couldn't afford to actually use the health insurance," he says."

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/10/30/452909204/obamacare-deploys-new-apps-allies-to-convince-the-uninsured

I just got my flu shot and it was covered. Thank you President Obama.

New health plan for New Yorkers in the market place link

http://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/sites/default/files/Essential%20Plan%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=&utm_campaign=essentialfactsheet

You are so stupid that it staggers the imagination.

I just got my flu shot and it was covered. Thank you President Obama.

New health plan for New Yorkers in the market place link

http://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/sites/default/files/Essential%20Plan%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=&utm_campaign=essentialfactsheet

Because flu shots were never covered before...

How often do you pray to Obama?

IMO all USA citizens should have equal health care coverage. What's your problem with that Scrooge ?

You keep up your stupid repeal Obamacare chant with nothing better to replace it, like single payer, the republicans will never ever be President again.

Open enrollment has begun for this year. How are the new rates looking New Yorkers?

https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/

A new plan for New Yorkers link

IMO all USA citizens should have equal health care coverage. What's your problem with that Scrooge ?

You keep up your stupid repeal Obamacare chant with nothing better to replace it, like single payer, the republicans will never ever be President again.

Open enrollment has begun for this year. How are the new rates looking New Yorkers?

https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/

A new plan for New Yorkers link

It doesn't work everywhere it is tried.

Archived