H20 treatment plant 2019

ginger

So what's the deal...I think I heard John Cordisco on the radio talking about the possibility of  privatization but I was half asleep...or maybe that was dream?! lol;) (giggle)

Seriously...do they want to outsource the operation or sell the entire kit and kaboodle? I don't want strangers who don't have to use the water running the place. 

The Water Treatment Plant is separate from the much larger and more involved Wastewater Treatment Plant.  

Who runs the Wastewater Plant?  The two mayors (Bing & JC) and the four other JC Trustees and seven City Council made all the decisions for the last "several decades of mismanagement" (since 1959) and they will continue to do that.  The Owners have always been in control of the capital spending yet have no idea about biological treatment or have anything like engineering/science backgrounds.  Adding another for-profit layer to the daily management will not change that.  And the same group of elected and appointed non-science folks will decide on who should do the contract management.  See a pattern here?

It will be the same methodology that selected the last construction plan that, now, the Mayor claims would never have worked had they even paid attention to the shoddy construction.  So . . . what has changed?  Some of the same names, definitely the titles, will likely be on the selection committee these years later.  

They are not looking at privatization.  They are looking at "contract management" and the Owners still pay the capital, the principal on the loan that now exceeds operating costs,  and own the plant and remain in charge . . . if not in control.

Don't confuse the daily operations and plant managers with the Owners and Board who make the investment and construction decisions.  "Political Science" is not really a science.  That's why it his an arts degree and not a science degree.

The city has already brought in a man from the agency that is possibly going to take over the role of maintaining. He has been with the city for years already and says it is the worst system he has ever seen. 

Thats what happens when people have no idea how the sewage treatment plant works. 

We need trained individuals that specialize in STP not dumb asses like the 2 mayors in charge.

I can only imagine how many millions a year is spent on the STP???