Tom O'Mara for Governor of NYS

ginger

Since I've had twitter I've had more in depth access to government officials. Senator O'Mara is a huge standout. (R district 58 Finger Lakes region) I like this guy. He doesn't come off like a used car salesman.  No-nonsense, serious minded...He's a grown up. He writes a weekly column discussing the status of various subjects. These columns aren't only informative they give you an idea of the tone which this gentleman operates. A sharp contrast to the current governor, he's not flashy, which is an optic I prefer and I think will appeal to everyone come election time. For your consideration...

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/articles/2020/thomas-f-omara/senator-omaras-weekly-column-week-august-31-2020-burden-future

• 5 weeks later...

I think people forget how during the Obama administration, people were held hostage by their employers. Want to go back to that dynamic? I don't.

• 1 month later...

Agree...the Governor made the call for no fracking but now he wants carte blanche for green energy siting. Eminent domain in upstate NY? lol Maybe President Trump should build a wind farm on Seven Springs. :) 

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/articles/2020/thomas-f-omara/senator-omaras-weekly-column-capitol-week-december-7-2020-new

13 minutes ago, snowman60 said:

Ginger ? how does it feel to talk to yourself? (shaking my head)

Kind of cathartic I suppose...you know I was never supposed to have a computer. I never wanted one but I had to get one in order to get a job...no one would take paper applications. I never wanted a cell phone either. I find it disgusting that I have to be a slave to that thing. I'm sort of used to it now but at first, my bosses would send emails because I didn't answer my phone right away...not my fault they have this uncanny intuition for knowing when I'm in the shower...swear to God, every time...  :) 

19 hours ago, snowman60 said:

Ginger ? how does it feel to talk to yourself? (shaking my head)

BTW, do you have any governor's race suggestions for my consideration?

• 1 month later...

Have I mentioned Senator O'Mara has 2 sisters who are nurses? What is wrong with the democrats? They behave as if this debacle has nothing to do with them when their own girls are the people working in these facilities. Don't they want what's best for their constituents as well as the patients/residents? Muting Senator O'Mara is not helpful to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know who republicans think is a better candidate for Governor of NYS. By the time election rolls around I expect every nursing home and hospital employee to have name recognition of Senator O'Mara. No nurse or nursing assistant should think for a minute that the democrats are operating in their best interests...because their unions sure as hell aren't. Furthermore, we have an aging population...SIGN YOUR OWN DEATH WARRANT IF YOU VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They want to pass legislation allowing criminals 55 and older out of jail if they have served 15 years...Who gets to take care of them? Nursing homes already have their hands full with combative dementia residents, elopement and sex offenders that require one on one supervision.

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/articles/2021/thomas-f-omara/senator-omaras-weekly-column-capitol-week-april-19-2021-what

• 2 weeks later...

The democrats want to increase NYS fuel tax $.55 cents a gallon. They also want to limit sales of new vehicles to electric. When they can't get bath tissue again because there will be fewer deliveries I don't want to hear it.

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/articles/2021/thomas-f-omara/omara-blasts-new-proposed-gas-tax-joins-opposition-legislation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of a sudden toddlers have to masked? Why now? Why now when the worst of it appears to be over. I expect a lot of parents will choose to stay home with their children. Then what? 

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/articles/2021/thomas-f-omara/omara-colleagues-call-end-cuomos-mask-mandate-young-children